Start by marking “The Mind-Made Prison: Overcoming Limiting Beliefs and Manifesting Personal Transformation” as Want to Read:

The Mind-Made Prison takes you on a breathtaking journey through your psyche and shows you the exact things that are currently causing you pain and how you can remove these elements from your life. It is a MUST read for anyone looking to drastically improve the quality of their life by making some simple, yet very powerful changes. Using the authors proven techniques of pe ...more
Published (first published June 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mind-Made Prison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind-Made Prison

Laina Sousa
Aug 30, 2013 Laina Sousa rated it it was amazing
This was a life changing book for me. I've read a lot of personal growth/spiritual development books but never had one that explained so clearly HOW I am creating my life. I read Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now and it helped me become aware in the present moment. Now that I understand that the meaning that I am choosing to give to everything is defining my life I feel like I have a tool to start using with my awareness. I can feel my life changing for the better every day. I highly recommend th ...more
Joe Lehman
Jun 18, 2013 Joe Lehman rated it it was amazing
I picked up this book after seeing all the glowing reviews it had gotten on Amazon, plus I thought it came at an affordable price. I was very pleasantly surprised by it and it really was a thought provoking read for me. I liked the authors writing style which was very direct and emphatic.

I learned a ton about myself reading this book and there are many really interesting and useful exercises inside (I must admit that I usually never do exercises in self help books and even though I skipped a fe
Brian Tinson
Jul 24, 2013 Brian Tinson rated it it was amazing
This is a superb book that is kinda so obvious. It is without doubt 'life changing'. It is not the first time I have encountered these ideas but it is written so simply, so plain to understand and so easy to achieve. Everyday I hear people limit their opportunities in life by putting barriers in the way if their own true happiness. Everyone should read this book. It should be compulsory reading in school. I just wish I had read books like this forty years ago. My life would have been so differen ...more
Kechell Jackson
Nov 12, 2013 Kechell Jackson rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book. The author uses his personal experience as examples and provides various exercises for the reader. The book is written in simple form, so the reader should be able to understand the concepts giving in the book. The book may cover topics and ideas that have been covered before,but they are given to you in a new light that provides you with thought provoking moments. I highly recommend this book for someone looking for a little more help in their transformation.
Gemma
Jan 10, 2014 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish
I got as far as him saying there's no absolute truth. Saw no point in continuing, I do not believe that.
Hector Renteria
Jun 13, 2016 Hector Renteria rated it it was amazing
Have read other great books, but this one is wonderful.

I have read other self improvement books, but this one has the exact mixture of practicality and spirituality I wanted to get from a book of this kind. I also highly recommend "Love Yourself like your life depends on it" and "The Miracle Morning", but please don't miss this book to actually grow and really enjoy your life.
There's one chapter with questions regarding several aspects of your life. This helps to identify the areas or thought th
Bryam De Los Santos
Sep 21, 2015 Bryam De Los Santos rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I rarely leave reviews but this book has great insight on how to be happier and not collapse in the midst of challenges. The message that stood out to me most is simply this, YOU, NOT external factors determine your reaction\feelings\mood. Nobody can make you feel anything, your thoughts are what make you feel what you do, and YOU control your thoughts. One of my favorite quotes was "everything we hear is an opinion. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
Consuelo
Feb 11, 2015 Consuelo rated it it was amazing
Many great things were mentioned. It was like chatting with my inner tough-love self, or at least my non-enabling partner. This is the second book I read to help my self-esteem and negative thought process, and I really liked how the author gave better examples, than the last book, on how to break that bad habit. I've highlighted some parts of the book so that I can go back and give myself some little pep talks when I fall off the mind recovering wagon.
Maria Miaoulis
Apr 06, 2014 Maria Miaoulis rated it liked it
It's amazing to realize that as we grow up, the interpretations we made as children determine how we view reality. Crazy, right? The author talks about this confined way of thinking and how it actually limits us in life without our even realizing it. However, once you acknowledge these constructs, you can transform and finally live the way you've always wanted to. It literally is only a matter of perspective!
Michelle Chawner
Sep 17, 2015 Michelle Chawner rated it really liked it
While being repetitive, this author makes some very good points and many of them I can relate to and can say "Oh, I've done that before". Good way to try and put yourself into a positive mindset and to go for your dreams!
Sivakarthik Dasari
Dec 30, 2013 Sivakarthik Dasari rated it really liked it
Read it as an audio book and i must say the more i read it the more it felt like this book is deduced from the movie 'The matrix' and you could practise the excercises to become 'The One' only the one is defined as the person you wanted to be and that's it! Nice read. Confirmed some of my beliefs!
Sonnet
Apr 07, 2015 Sonnet rated it really liked it
I picked this up solely because the title was intriguing. But I really enjoyed. Very logical in many ways & enlightening in others. I shall comeback to this & read it again slowly, do the exercises, & see what happens.
Jilles
Oct 15, 2013 Jilles rated it liked it
This book has some interesting points of information it brings up that are worth thinking about.
Nancy Rector
Dec 23, 2013 Nancy Rector rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on the ability fo the mind to control one's reality. This author takes a bit of a different twist on the concept. Fun read with action steps to accomplish change immediately.
Alison
Mar 11, 2013 Alison rated it liked it
Read this while running on my treadmill. Started it back when the weather was not good and just got back to it. Overall, great messages, just repeated a lot.
Majeed
Oct 28, 2014 Majeed rated it it was amazing
Very interesting. I found some great insights that I plan to use in my life.
Jackson Classic
Aug 30, 2014 Jackson Classic rated it it was amazing
Everyone has bullshit in their lives and it just takes someone pointing it out to help change it.
Simone
Mar 07, 2014 Simone rated it liked it
Shelves: spirituelles
3.5 Stars
Humphrey Bain
Humphrey Bain rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Michael J VanDuzer
Michael J VanDuzer rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Catie Briggs
Catie Briggs rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Mehdi Bouricha
Mehdi Bouricha rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2016
Dominic
Dominic rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2015
Eugene Fedrick
Eugene Fedrick rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Stephanie Rasile
Stephanie Rasile rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2014
Georch
Georch rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2013
Yousuf A. Ajabshah
Yousuf A. Ajabshah rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Terry Regling
Terry Regling rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Plunge: Crafting the Uncommon Midlife
  • Intuition & Psychic Ability: Your Spiritual GPS
  • Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad, or in Between
  • Effective teams: Six Secrets of Powerful Teams  A practical guide to the magic of motivating and influencing teams (Project management)(The Leadership Series)
  • Hide and Seek: The Psychology of Self-Deception
  • Getting to No: How to Break a Stubborn Habit
  • 52 Mondays: The One Year Path to Outrageous Success & Lifelong Happiness
  • Why You're Stuck: Your Guide To Finding Freedom From Any Of Life's Challenges
  • Mind Maps: Quicker Notes, Better Memory, and Improved Learning 2.0
  • How People Tick: A Guide to Over 50 Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
  • Working Successfully with Screwed-Up People
  • Natural Green Home Cleaning For Beginners:Best Innovative Eco-Friendly Cleaning Solutions for Your Home from Kitchen, to Children's Toys, and Even Your Car and Microfiber Cleaning
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • Secrets of a Working Dog: Unleash Your Potential and Create Success
  • Making Sense of People: Decoding the Mysteries of Personality
  • Why Leadership Sucks™ Fundamentals of Level 5 Leadership and Servant Leadership
  • Declutter Your Life: Reduce Stress, Increase Productivity, and Enjoy Your Clutter-Free Life

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself” —Leo Tolstoy” 3 likes
“Seeing is not believing; believing is seeing. You see things not as they are, but as you are.” —Eric Butterworth” 2 likes