Start by marking “The Mind-Made Prison: Overcoming Limiting Beliefs and Manifesting Personal Transformation” as Want to Read:

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The Mind-Made Prison takes you on a breathtaking journey through your psyche and shows you the exact things that are currently causing you pain and how you can remove these elements from your life. It is a MUST read for anyone looking to drastically improve the quality of their life by making some simple, yet very powerful changes. Using the authors proven techniques of pe ...more
Published (first published June 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Mind-Made Prison, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind-Made Prison

Laina Sousa
This was a life changing book for me. I've read a lot of personal growth/spiritual development books but never had one that explained so clearly HOW I am creating my life. I read Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now and it helped me become aware in the present moment. Now that I understand that the meaning that I am choosing to give to everything is defining my life I feel like I have a tool to start using with my awareness. I can feel my life changing for the better every day. I highly recommend th ...more
Joe Lehman
I picked up this book after seeing all the glowing reviews it had gotten on Amazon, plus I thought it came at an affordable price. I was very pleasantly surprised by it and it really was a thought provoking read for me. I liked the authors writing style which was very direct and emphatic.

I learned a ton about myself reading this book and there are many really interesting and useful exercises inside (I must admit that I usually never do exercises in self help books and even though I skipped a fe
Brian Tinson
This is a superb book that is kinda so obvious. It is without doubt 'life changing'. It is not the first time I have encountered these ideas but it is written so simply, so plain to understand and so easy to achieve. Everyday I hear people limit their opportunities in life by putting barriers in the way if their own true happiness. Everyone should read this book. It should be compulsory reading in school. I just wish I had read books like this forty years ago. My life would have been so differen ...more
Kechell Jackson
I enjoyed reading this book. The author uses his personal experience as examples and provides various exercises for the reader. The book is written in simple form, so the reader should be able to understand the concepts giving in the book. The book may cover topics and ideas that have been covered before,but they are given to you in a new light that provides you with thought provoking moments. I highly recommend this book for someone looking for a little more help in their transformation.
Gemma
Jan 11, 2014 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish
I got as far as him saying there's no absolute truth. Saw no point in continuing, I do not believe that.
Consuelo
Many great things were mentioned. It was like chatting with my inner tough-love self, or at least my non-enabling partner. This is the second book I read to help my self-esteem and negative thought process, and I really liked how the author gave better examples, than the last book, on how to break that bad habit. I've highlighted some parts of the book so that I can go back and give myself some little pep talks when I fall off the mind recovering wagon.
Maria Miaoulis
It's amazing to realize that as we grow up, the interpretations we made as children determine how we view reality. Crazy, right? The author talks about this confined way of thinking and how it actually limits us in life without our even realizing it. However, once you acknowledge these constructs, you can transform and finally live the way you've always wanted to. It literally is only a matter of perspective!
Sonnet
I picked this up solely because the title was intriguing. But I really enjoyed. Very logical in many ways & enlightening in others. I shall comeback to this & read it again slowly, do the exercises, & see what happens.
Majeed
Very interesting. I found some great insights that I plan to use in my life.
Jackson Classic
Everyone has bullshit in their lives and it just takes someone pointing it out to help change it.
Sivakarthik Dasari
Read it as an audio book and i must say the more i read it the more it felt like this book is deduced from the movie 'The matrix' and you could practise the excercises to become 'The One' only the one is defined as the person you wanted to be and that's it! Nice read. Confirmed some of my beliefs!
Simone
3.5 Stars
Nancy Rector
Excellent book on the ability fo the mind to control one's reality. This author takes a bit of a different twist on the concept. Fun read with action steps to accomplish change immediately.
Alison
Read this while running on my treadmill. Started it back when the weather was not good and just got back to it. Overall, great messages, just repeated a lot.
Jilles
This book has some interesting points of information it brings up that are worth thinking about.
Bonnie L. Bartsch
Bonnie L. Bartsch is currently reading it
May 01, 2015
Esa
Esa added it
Apr 29, 2015
Alaya Morning
Alaya Morning marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Madeline Jane krane
Madeline Jane krane marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Ed
Ed marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Caitlin Clough
Caitlin Clough marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Mina Ibrahim
Mina Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Mark Roe
Mark Roe marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Brittany Decair
Brittany Decair marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ken Cameron-Weiser
Ken Cameron-Weiser marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
  • Soul DNA: Your Spiritual Genetic Code Defines Your Purpose
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Hide and Seek: The Psychology of Self-Deception
  • Why You're Stuck: Your Guide To Finding Freedom From Any Of Life's Challenges
  • Plunge: Crafting the Uncommon Midlife
  • Up, Down, or Sideways: How to Succeed When Times Are Good, Bad, or in Between
  • Getting to No: How to Break a Stubborn Habit
  • Stress Busters (Stress Management Techniques) How to use stress to your advantage, beat burnout, and accomplish anything - on your terms
  • The Emotional Eating Rescue Plan for Smart, Busy Women: Make Peace with Food, Live the Life You Hunger For
  • 52 Mondays: The One Year Path to Outrageous Success & Lifelong Happiness
  • Mind Maps: Quicker Notes, Better Memory, and Improved Learning 2.0
  • Silent Influencing - Employing Powerful Techniques for Influence and Leadership
  • Stir-Fry Yourself Skinny
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • How People Tick: A Guide to Over 50 Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
  • Everyday Vegetarian Family Cookbook: 100 Delicious Meatless Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Recipes you Can Make in Minutes! (Healthy Cookbook Series)
  • Smoothies for Good Health: The Superfruits, Vegetables, Healthy Indulgences & Everyday Ingredients Smoothie Recipe Book
  • Instant Self-Hypnosis: How to Hypnotize Yourself with Your Eyes Open

“But I will not change who I am or the expression of my truth because I suspect someone else is not going to like what I am saying. I will not show something I am not because I think that showing that trait will make someone else happy. For me, doing this is being inauthentic.” 1 likes
“Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness.'' James Thurber” 1 likes