Start by marking “A Murder of Crows (Junction Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Murder of Crows (Junction Chronicles, #2)

A Murder of Crows (Junction Chronicles #2)

David Rotenberg’s Decker Roberts is back, and he always knows when who’s telling the truth.

Since Decker Roberts’ last run in with the NSA, he’s been trying to remain off the radar, searching for his estranged son. His synaesthetic abilities, once a lucrative gift, are increasingly becoming a liability.

When a vicious attack wipes out the best and brightest of America’s youn
Published March 19th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Canada (first published February 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Murder of Crows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Murder of Crows

Natalie
Mar 10, 2013 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I had to go back before I read A Murder of Crows to refresh my memory of the first book The Placebo Effect as it had been a long time since I had read it, it didn't take me long to pick up and remember such a well written book, so on to the second I went. Like the first book it didn't take me long to get myself engrosed into this book either, Mr. Rotenburg has a way of drawing you in and keeping you there along for the ride right from the very first page.

Decker Roberts has Synaesthete's abiliti
Laima
Oct 13, 2012 Laima marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book here on Goodreads as a Firstreads free giveaway! I will write a review upon completion.
Andrew
Apr 01, 2013 Andrew rated it did not like it
A smile crept over his face. Yeah, time to get back at every one of them who put him in shadow, who rejected his brilliance. Who refused him admission to their damned club. Well, I’ll grant you all admission—admission to hell.

And as he watched the third act he thought of how simple it was to make an explosive device—kid’s stuff really. But where to put it? That was the question: where to put it?

Then he saw the mob gathering onstage to hear Anthony’s speech over Caesar’s dead body—and he knew. A
Bob Milne
Aug 17, 2013 Bob Milne rated it really liked it
Shelves: canadian
There's just something quintessentially Canadian about authors from the Great White North. Call it a sense of subtlety or a flair for understatement, but I find that even when dealing with fantastic subjects, their tales are often more grounded and - dare I say it? - literate than their peers from around the world. That's not a complaint or a knock against other authors, just an observation, and one that occurred to me again while reading David Rotenberg's A Murder of Crows.

Here we have a hero w
Jodi
Feb 27, 2013 Jodi rated it really liked it
”Synesthesia / sinəsˈTHēZHə A perceptual condition of mixed sensations: a stimulus in one sensory modality (e.g., hearing) involuntarily elicits a sensation/experience in another modality (e.g. vision). Likewise, perception of a form (e.g., a letter) may induce an unusual perception in the same modality (e.g. a color).

Are you telling the truth? You better be or Decker Roberts will know. In his follow up to The Placebo Effect, David Rotenberg brings Decker back with even more action and suspense.
Myckyee
Mar 14, 2013 Myckyee rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Junction Chronicles, A Murder of Crows continues the story of Decker Roberts, acting professor and discerner of truths. Decker is a synaesthete – a person who has with the rare sensory ability to perceive if someone is telling a truth. Though A Murder of Crows does bring Decker’s story further, you can still read this book without having read The Placebo Effect, the first novel in this series.

I enjoyed this novel for its story line as well as the main character. I’m a fan
Denise
Oct 11, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Denise by: 165
Having really loved the first book in the Junction Chronicles (The Placebo Effect), I bought this next one -- A Murder of Crows -- immediately, and had really looked forward to reading it. I raced through book two, which continues the tale of truth-teller and acting coach/play director Decker Roberts, his journey to find himself, his search for his estranged son, Seth, and his "service" to the NSA. He seems not to be able to stay off their radar for long and, once again, they locate him and ...more
Lily
Aug 03, 2013 Lily rated it liked it
I won this book and the one previous in a goodreads giveaway. I read the first book and was happy enough to move on to the second. I will say right off the bat that I would NOT read this book before reading the first one. There just isn't any point - the book does not stand alone AT ALL.

The book continues with Decker Roberts and follows many of the patterns of the first book - people chasing Decker Roberts, Decker Roberts running around. There was more mystery brought into this book with the int
Lyle Appleyard
May 06, 2013 Lyle Appleyard rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book through the Goodread Firstreads Giveaway.

This book was the second involving the lead character. I do not feel that having not read the first took away from enjoying this book. There were a few things that reading the first book would explain in the second. I believe that this book can stand alone.

I enjoyed the book. The character were developed enough to explain the actions. This was a more action driven novel.

This was not a tradional murder mystery. A bomb killin
Heather(Gibby)
Dec 19, 2012 Heather(Gibby) rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Won this book from a Goodreads giveaway, and Simon and Schuster also sent the first book, The Placebo Effect. I loved the first book and got invested with the characters, I was looking forward to getting to know them in more depth in this book, but I was a little disappointed. I did not feel that the characters developed much in "A Murder of Crows". There is a suspensful story, with an intriguing plot , the author creates suspense and and there is a satisfying conclusion to the story, but I ...more
HeatherLynn
Nov 02, 2012 HeatherLynn rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Colleen Coleman
Nov 01, 2012 Colleen Coleman rated it really liked it
I received the advanced free copy of A Murder of Crows through Goodreads First Reads. The package, which also included The Placebo Effect, arrived very quickly. What a nice surprise to receive both books.
Thank you very much to Goodreads and Simon and Schuster. I dove right into A Murder of Crows. There were many characters to keep track of, but once I got everyone figured out I really enjoyed reading the book. I found myself getting annoyed at some, angry at others and rolling my eyes even. Thi
Richard
Jul 23, 2016 Richard rated it really liked it
This is my 2nd attempt to finish "A Murder of Crows". I originally had started this book a couple of years ago and then left it at work one day, and somebody must have taken it home or it got thrown away. I had to pay to replace it at the library as it was borrowed. So now I got to read it again, and having just finished the prequel, it was an enjoyable read. I am looking forward to reading the 3rd in the "Junction" series, The Glass House. 4 stars.
Zoe
Oct 25, 2012 Zoe marked it as to-read
Just recieved A Murder of Crows by David Rottenberg in the mail yesterday from Simon and Schuster Canada as a advanced readers copy !!! Super excited.
Although at the moment I do not have the time to delve into this exciting novel which I am looking forward to reading I will try to read and post a review at my nearest convience (I do have to read the first novel first - which also came in the package) Thank you Simon and Schuster :) <3
Lorri
Jul 07, 2013 Lorri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great mystery by an author that just happens to be Canadian. This is the second book in the series, so I'll definitely go looking for The Placebo Effect to see if I can figure put some of the unexplained bits. Or maybe I'll have to wait for book three. Either way, I'm sure it will be a great read.
Glengaston
Dec 20, 2013 Glengaston rated it really liked it
Once again Mr. Rotenberg has given us a fast paced psychological thriller that picks up nicely where "Placebo Effect" left off. Using a taut thriller/mystery/chase vehicle he Delves into our relationship with the "truth" and our notion of family. A wonderful addition to his collection of Zhong Fong crime novels set in China, and his excellent historical epic "Shanghai"
Sheila
Oct 20, 2012 Sheila marked it as to-read
I just received A Murder of Crows in the mail. I also received The Placebo Effect in the mail too. Thank you very much Simon and Schuster. I received this from the Goodreads First Reads. That was very generous to send out both books!!
Yolanda Ridge
Nov 24, 2012 Yolanda Ridge marked it as to-read
Shelves: adult-fiction
I won this as part of a goodreads give away. Can't wait to read it and will review as soon as possible... it might take me a little extra time because Simon and Schuster was generous enough to send along the first book in the series, The Placebo Effect, as well. Thank you!
Lynn Kearney
Jul 21, 2013 Lynn Kearney rated it it was ok
Despite the familiar and welcome Junction (Toronto) landmarks, I have trouble with Decker Roberts and his "powers"/
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2014
Irene
Irene rated it really liked it
May 30, 2013
Colin
Colin rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2016
Mike Watt
Mike Watt rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2016
Diane Wilcox
Diane Wilcox rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Smkelly
Oct 26, 2014 Smkelly rated it liked it
Good story. Can't wait for the next installment
Constance A. Logan
Constance A. Logan rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Rosanne
Rosanne rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Amy L
Amy L rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2015
John Ison
John Ison rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2015
  • Stray Bullets (Detective Greene, #3)
  • Owl and the Electric Samurai (Adventures of Owl, #3)
  • Sins of the Warrior (Grigori Legacy, #4)
  • Not Quite the Classics
  • Encounters of Sherlock Holmes
  • Vampire in Distress (Family Blood Ties, #2)
  • The Killing 2 (The Killing, #2)
  • The Price of Love: And Other Stories
  • Red Planet Blues
  • The Beggar's Opera (Inspector Ramírez, #1)
  • The Beggar's Garden
  • The Wild Beasts of Wuhan (Ava Lee, #3)
  • Belinda's Rings
  • Open Secret (Bern Fortin mystery, #2)
  • Less Than Nothing: a novel of Anasazi strife
  • Emancipation Day
  • Sweet Jesus
  • Elements The Beginning
David Rotenberg has been a master acting teacher for over 20 years. He has directed on Broadway, in many major regional theatres, for television, and he has published six novels, including the Zhong Fong detective series, all of which are available at your local bookstore or online. The series is in the process of being optioned for film.

David has taught at York University, the National Theatre Sc
More about David Rotenberg...

Junction Chronicles (3 books)
  • The Placebo Effect (Junction Chronicles #1)
  • The Glass House (Junction Chronicles, #3)