Start by marking “Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen, #5)” as Want to Read:
Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen, #5)

Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen #5)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Blaine Adkins was shot in his apartment between the hours of ten and midnight. None of his neighbors heard a sound, none of them saw a thing. All of them are glad he’s gone. There wasn't enough evidence to prosecute when he was alive, but everyone knew Blaine was a killer. Fourteen months before he died, he shot a Pleasant Grove woman in the heart, killing her. And the fac ...more
Published January 15th 2013 by Wicked Sassy (first published January 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Unpleasant Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unpleasant Grove

Valerie Waters
Feb 14, 2016 Valerie Waters rated it it was amazing
Good series! I liked the difference in this book. Trevor was good. There were some things left open I wouldn't be surprised if there is another book.
Kristy
Jan 23, 2013 Kristy rated it really liked it
I have to admit that I had a hard time in the beginning because there was nothing about Ty, but I kept reading and the rest of the book MORE than made up for the beginning and put my worries to rest. It was a wonderful read and the ending was awesome. I couldn't put it down.
Nora Ray
Jan 24, 2016 Nora Ray rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed all the books in this series. The characters are engaging and well fleshed out. Since I am familiar with the Salt Lake City area in which they are set and the Mormon culture which impacts the story on occasion, I find them especially interesting. I do think that they have a broader appeal though than just to local residents. The two main characters, Rhea and Kathryn, have a solid, long-lasting friendship which is not all that common among female heroes. Both are self suppor ...more
Inspired Kathy
Sep 14, 2013 Inspired Kathy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
This review is going to be short and spoiler free because I can't say much about a 5th book in a series without leaving spoilers for earlier books. For those who haven't picked up these books yet I hope you do because I absolutely adore this series.

Unpleasant Grove is the 5th book in The Rhea Jensen Series. You definitely need to read them in order so start at the beginning with City of Angels. They are LDS fiction but not the preachy, cheesy kind of LDS fiction. Rhea is not your typical Mormon
Heidi
Oct 22, 2014 Heidi rated it really liked it
Once again, I devoured a book by Sheralyn. Excellent writing. This ended up being more of a Segway novel than I expected, but it was good for that, even if we still don't know what is going to happen. I guess that's the mark of a good author, making you still read things. I could have done without the pictures of the chess moves, but oh well. I guess she was going for clarity or something. Overall, good book in the series. Still waiting to figure out what happens next.
Karen
Dec 22, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
This is the 5th book in a series and it appears that another must be in the works. They're a lot of fun to read, although they need much better proofreading.
Annissa
Mar 14, 2014 Annissa rated it really liked it
Just as good as her other books, but waiting for the big bang showdown at the end with the fours. Guess that will be in the next book?
Shanda
Feb 15, 2014 Shanda rated it it was amazing
So great to be back in Rhea's head. I love this series. The writing, action, suspense and romance are incredible and so very enjoyable.
Rachel
Nov 09, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
So Good! I really love Sheralyn Pratt's Rhea Jensen series. I am looking forward to the next book. I actually finished the book a few weeks ago, and just realized I never came on to update my status. So trying to remember everything I wanted to say when I finished it.

Rhea has her own personal conflicts in this book, and finally realizes she doesn't have to do everything on her own. She knows even though she has the threat of the Three (as I think that is what they call them)she has to continue b
TK
Feb 06, 2013 TK rated it it was amazing
Though the beginning was a little slow (probably because it was sans Ty), it soon snagged me and I was very relieved to discover Ty had a prominent part in the story. His witty dialogue just adds sparkle to the book and makes it very hard to put down. Also, Ms. Pratt spends more time on Rhea's weaknesses in this book, to very amusing results. Overall, the same great twists and thrills of every book in this series, yet still managed to strike new territory. Well done! 4.5 stars
Lydia
Nov 02, 2015 Lydia rated it it was amazing
I loved this continuation of the Rhea Jensen series. I absolutely love Ty in this book and how relationship with Rhea continues to develop. I could see this being the last book in the series, but I really hope it's not.
Melissa
Jan 19, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Cute, fun little book. My 12 yr old daughter will love this one.
Susan
Oct 05, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
It's unclear how Rhea's life is threatened by "The Four", but it's affected her closest relationships. She calls off her wedding, and then uses an alias to intern for best friend Kay McCoy. Instinct, however, takes over when she is determined to prove Blaine Adkin's innocence. That and Ty's determination will help her recognize what's really important in life.
Melissa T
Jul 22, 2013 Melissa T rated it liked it
Shelves: church-fiction
Good enough that I will read the final book in the series, and probably look into other books by this author, but it's not good enough for me to recommend. The beginning was uninteresting, but it did pick up by the end. It's starting to feel a little too close to fantasy to me by now--almost like a female James Bond.
Christine Jensen
Feb 24, 2013 Christine Jensen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
Rhea Jensen is back and still fighting to live the life she wants, not the one dictated by the group for which she previously worked (albeit unknowingly). Add to that some bumps in the road between Rhea and Ty and a murder that needs solving and you have this adventure filled 5th installment in the Rhea Jensen series.
Julie
Dec 22, 2013 Julie rated it really liked it
It was nice seeing this side of Rhea--what she could come up with on her own without the help of The Fours. I liked that Ty stepped up and that they all worked together. Good book, I flew through it! Can't wait for the next one (last one??)
Gayle
Jun 30, 2013 Gayle rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
This series is such fun! I love the PI/reporter world (that's so foreign to me) and I love the relationships between the main characters, especially their fierce loyalty to each other. Can't wait for the final book!
Peggy
Jul 15, 2013 Peggy rated it liked it
Of the series, this is the one I liked the least. The beginning was really slow and I almost didn't want to continue. It got much better by the end but on average it was only 3 stars.
Chris
Aug 05, 2015 Chris rated it really liked it
I'm not sure why I love this series so much. A Mormon novel that really isn't what one would expect. Its fun stuff.
Becky
Feb 05, 2013 Becky rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! I look forward to how this series will end.
Sonja Lee
Feb 03, 2013 Sonja Lee rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-fiction, kindle, 2013
I can't wait for the final book to come out! I love this series!
Brittany Oldroyd
Brittany Oldroyd marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Joey
Joey rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2016
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Karalee
Karalee marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Tina Wilkinson
Tina Wilkinson marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
K Stockdale
K Stockdale marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
b00k r3vi3ws
b00k r3vi3ws marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Lock & Key
  • Lost then Found (An Aliso Creek Novella)
  • Undercover saint
  • The Pharaoh's Daughter (Isabelle Webb, #2)
  • Undercover Engagement
  • Deadly Undertakings
  • Mirage (Tru Exceptions, #2)
  • I, Spy (Spy Another Day, #1)
I like to keep things light and fun, and believe that life is journey so if you're going to buy a book, your life should better for it. Whether a book I write is intended to help you escape for a few hours or designed to teach you a new skill, I hope you find it unforgettable...in a good way. ;)

Current/Upcoming Titles:
- The Kiss that Launched 1,000 GIFs (June 2015)
- Pimpernel (January 2016)
- Walk
More about Sheralyn Pratt...

Rhea Jensen (6 books)
  • City of Angels (Rhea Jensen, #1)
  • The Avenues (Rhea Jensen, #1.5)
  • Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen, #2)
  • Idle Playgrounds (Rhea Jensen, #3)
  • Kay'sville (Rhea Jensen, #4)