Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen, #5)

Unpleasant Grove (Rhea Jensen #5)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Blaine Adkins was shot in his apartment between the hours of ten and midnight. None of his neighbors heard a sound, none of them saw a thing. All of them are glad he’s gone. There wasn't enough evidence to prosecute when he was alive, but everyone knew Blaine was a killer. Fourteen months before he died, he shot a Pleasant Grove woman in the heart, killing her. And the fac...more
Published January 15th 2013 by Wicked Sassy (first published January 14th 2013)

Kristy
I have to admit that I had a hard time in the beginning because there was nothing about Ty, but I kept reading and the rest of the book MORE than made up for the beginning and put my worries to rest. It was a wonderful read and the ending was awesome. I couldn't put it down.
Inspired Kathy
This review is going to be short and spoiler free because I can't say much about a 5th book in a series without leaving spoilers for earlier books. For those who haven't picked up these books yet I hope you do because I absolutely adore this series.

Unpleasant Grove is the 5th book in The Rhea Jensen Series. You definitely need to read them in order so start at the beginning with City of Angels. They are LDS fiction but not the preachy, cheesy kind of LDS fiction. Rhea is not your typical Mormon...more
Annissa
Just as good as her other books, but waiting for the big bang showdown at the end with the fours. Guess that will be in the next book?
Shanda
So great to be back in Rhea's head. I love this series. The writing, action, suspense and romance are incredible and so very enjoyable.
Rachel
So Good! I really love Sheralyn Pratt's Rhea Jensen series. I am looking forward to the next book. I actually finished the book a few weeks ago, and just realized I never came on to update my status. So trying to remember everything I wanted to say when I finished it.

Rhea has her own personal conflicts in this book, and finally realizes she doesn't have to do everything on her own. She knows even though she has the threat of the Three (as I think that is what they call them)she has to continue b...more
Tracy
Though the beginning was a little slow (probably because it was sans Ty), it soon snagged me and I was very relieved to discover Ty had a prominent part in the story. His witty dialogue just adds sparkle to the book and makes it very hard to put down. Also, Ms. Pratt spends more time on Rhea's weaknesses in this book, to very amusing results. Overall, the same great twists and thrills of every book in this series, yet still managed to strike new territory. Well done! 4.5 stars
Melissa
Cute, fun little book. My 12 yr old daughter will love this one.
Melissa T
Good enough that I will read the final book in the series, and probably look into other books by this author, but it's not good enough for me to recommend. The beginning was uninteresting, but it did pick up by the end. It's starting to feel a little too close to fantasy to me by now--almost like a female James Bond.
Christine Jensen
Rhea Jensen is back and still fighting to live the life she wants, not the one dictated by the group for which she previously worked (albeit unknowingly). Add to that some bumps in the road between Rhea and Ty and a murder that needs solving and you have this adventure filled 5th installment in the Rhea Jensen series.
Julie
It was nice seeing this side of Rhea--what she could come up with on her own without the help of The Fours. I liked that Ty stepped up and that they all worked together. Good book, I flew through it! Can't wait for the next one (last one??)
Gayle
This series is such fun! I love the PI/reporter world (that's so foreign to me) and I love the relationships between the main characters, especially their fierce loyalty to each other. Can't wait for the final book!
Peggy
Of the series, this is the one I liked the least. The beginning was really slow and I almost didn't want to continue. It got much better by the end but on average it was only 3 stars.
Becky
Absolutely loved this book! I look forward to how this series will end.
Sonja Lee
I can't wait for the final book to come out! I love this series!
Erin1
Erin1 marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Susan
Susan added it
Jun 04, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Sherylin Porter
Sherylin Porter marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Meet Rhea (Ray) Jensen, a pint-sized private investigator for people who like to pay into the five, six, and seven figures to get a job done. She's not down on her luck. Her car doesn't suck or blow up, but she's got her own set of problems. And not to point fingers or anything, but they seemed to show up the same day as two Mormon missionaries. Hence, the upfront disclaimer: Warning. Contains Mor...more
More about Sheralyn Pratt...
City of Angels (Rhea Jensen, #1) Welcome to Stalk Lake City (Rhea Jensen, #2) Idle Playgrounds (Rhea Jensen, #3) Kay'sville (Rhea Jensen, #4) The Avenues (Rhea Jensen, #1.5)