Start by marking “Bloom County: The Complete Digital Library, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Bloom County: The Complete Digital Library, Vol. 1

Bloom County: The Complete Digital Library, Vol. 1

Specially formatted digital edition! Collecting every strip from December 8, 1980, through December 31, 1981, in chronological order, with a new cover insert by Breathed. Berkeley Breathed’s Bloom County burst onto the American comic scene in December 1980 and it soon became one of the most popular comic strips of all time. The endearing and quirky denizens of the strip ...more
Published March 14th 2012 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Bloom County, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloom County

Donna
Mar 15, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015, comics
I recently scored the entire Bloom County collection in digital format from a Humble Bundle offer. I adored this comic strip and its run coincided with my college years and 20's so it was a perfect fit. It's great fun to go back from the beginning and see the process of its development. This first year is all over the place as Breathed struggled to find his voice (and no Opus yet).
Scotty
Apr 05, 2015 Scotty rated it liked it
Read this series religiously as a teen. It was great getting to go back and revisit the start and its first year. Overall enjoyable, but Opus is not here yet, and Cutter John doesn't get introduced until the end of the book. So, I am anticipating the rest of the series to rank even higher in my opinion.
Steven
Apr 20, 2013 Steven rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, humor
It's amazing how much of this comic still retains topicality even now. The first year was basically Breathed finding his footing, but halfway through you can see the seeds of greatness here, and the move away from Doonesbury as a model for what he was doing.
Timothy W Cox
Jun 13, 2014 Timothy W Cox rated it it was amazing
The Best

I know he is political but these are some of the funniest comics ever. I have them in bound copy, finding them on Kindle was really exciting, these characters make us laugh at ourselves.
Dana Larose
May 07, 2015 Dana Larose rated it liked it
I can't remember how much of the early strips I'd read before. It's funny how I expected a lot of the humour to be dated. The references were, but a lot of the jokes would still apply today.

Only 3/5 because Opus doesn't exist yet!
Cynthia
Feb 01, 2016 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
A must have

What else can one say about Bloom County other than its awesome! Fantastic! Hilarious! Tastes great with ketchup and pickles!
Dante
Jan 26, 2014 Dante rated it it was amazing
The best

I've been reading Bloom County, literally, as long as I could read and it hasn't lost its shine yet. ended too soon
Jenny Heater
Jenny Heater rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
April Hamilton
April Hamilton rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2014
Felicia Gardner
Felicia Gardner rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2016
Amy Parker
Amy Parker rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2013
Raymond
Raymond rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Fin
Fin rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2015
Brian L.
Brian L. rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2015
Annie
Annie rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2015
Robin Hermann
Robin Hermann rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2014
Selina Gapczynski
Selina Gapczynski rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2016
Kel Munger
Kel Munger rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Bclough
Bclough rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Jodi Fox
Jodi Fox rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2014
Craig Pierce
Craig Pierce rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2016
Shayera Tangri
Shayera Tangri rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2013
Barbie
Barbie rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
David Haus
David Haus rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Melissa Ball
Melissa Ball rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
William Chamberlain
William Chamberlain rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2014
Derick Douglas
Derick Douglas rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Guy Berkeley "Berke" Breathed is an American cartoonist, children's book author/illustrator, director, and screenwriter, best known for Bloom County, a 1980s cartoon-comic strip which dealt with socio-political issues as seen through the eyes of highly exaggerated characters (e.g. Bill the Cat and Opus the Penguin) and humorous analogies.

More about Berkeley Breathed...