Start by marking “The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland, #3)

The Twilight Kingdom (Feyland #3)

Their last chance...

Jennet Carter and Tam Linn are almost out of time. Feyland, the most immersive computer game ever designed, is about to be released into the world—along with the Realm of Faerie’s dangerous magic.

Win the game...

The faeries, desperate to break free from their realm, have set treacherous plans in motion. Despite magical allies of their own, Jennet and Tam
Published November 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Twilight Kingdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twilight Kingdom

Cinder by Marissa MeyerScarlet by Marissa MeyerCress by Marissa MeyerA Long, Long Sleep by Anna SheehanWinter by Marissa Meyer
Futuristic Fairy Tales
18th out of 26 books — 12 voters
Enchanted by Alethea KontisThe Lady Elizabeth by Alison WeirAt the Mercy of the Queen by Anne Clinard BarnhillWarrior Princess by Allan Frewin JonesThe King's Concubine by Anne O'Brien
Why don't we dress like that? (Part 1)
92nd out of 114 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Jane McBride
May 08, 2013 Jane McBride rated it it was amazing
Well, I loved it! Dr. Suess said that you shouldn't be sad that it's over, you should be glad it happened. I am trying not to be sad. In this third and final installment in the Feyland series, Tam and Jennett have gotten spots on the beta team that will be testing the final version of Feyland that is about to be released. Also on the team are Jennett's father, Mr. Carter; Roy Lassiter, who is no longer sporting a glamor coating and is capable of being a regular guy; Tam's friend Zeg who runs the ...more
Rebecca McKinnon
Mar 25, 2015 Rebecca McKinnon rated it it was amazing
This book deserves WAY more than 5 stars!

You'll know how excited I was for this book when I say I read it--the whole thing--the very day I got it. It's been on my TBR list since I read book 1.

Ms. Sharp is a master storyteller. She's managed to create a phenomenal world, full of richly layered detail. A world I would love to be able to experience for myself.

The characters through this series have been impressive and diverse. I love that in this installment we get to know Zeg better--he's the kind
Cherri-Anne
Oct 30, 2014 Cherri-Anne rated it it was amazing
GAME ON!!! 5 Stars

Overall I loved this series! I can’t wait to read the next ones as well! (NOTE: this review is based on the box set Feyland: The Complete Trilogy) At first I was a little disappointed with the first book – The Dark Realm - because I was expecting a lot more magic and fae stuff. It was still good, just different than how I thought it would be! Which is one reason why I try to not form an opinion of how I expect the book to be before I read it. That being said, I read the book fa
Carrie Slager
Feb 09, 2014 Carrie Slager rated it it was amazing
[Full disclosure: Anthea Sharp provided me with a free ebook in exchange for an honest review.]

The Dark Queen and the Bright King have formed an alliance to get into the real world and it’s up to Jennet and Tam to stop them. But how can they fight the two most powerful beings in Feyland when they can’t even access the game anymore—except as part of the beta testing team consisting of a professional gamer, Roy Lassiter from The Bright Court, Zeg and Jennet’s father.

So it’s up to Tam and Jennet to
Oct 25, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
I felt like these books built momentum as they went along, which is a very positive thing. Some trilogies putter out towards the end, or don't feel cohesive, which was not the case here. This felt truly like one big story, maybe three long chapters. It got harder and harder to put the book down as the story progressed.

I loved the character development of Jen and Tam, I felt like they both grew up a bit through their experience. I liked their little teenage romance and thought it was fun and real
Jonel Boyko
Sep 18, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it it was amazing
Shelves: honorary-6-star
What do you get when the world of Shakespeare meets a video game? Some adventure, a few laughs, and a whole barrel full of awesome. That’s what Sharp has brought us with this final novel in the Feyland Trilogy.

Sharp definitely gives her characters some unique challenges to overcome. She mixes fantasy with reality and some virtual reality gaming to create a melded world that you find yourself lost in. Sharp’s gripping yet fluid writing style allows you to flow through the story alongside the char
Jen
Jul 21, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
Welcome back to Feyland!

With the game ready to come out in just a matter of weeks, Tam and Jennet need to get things under control again. With Jennet's dad against Tam being anywhere around Jennet it is hard to try and save the world, but when Jennet's father gets Tam onto the live Beta test of "Feyland" they may just have a chance at showing the developer what is really going on behind the screens.

The Bate team is set up with Roy Lassiter (Son of CEO VirtuMax), Zeg (owner of a sim-cafe), Spark
Stephanie * Outlandish Reads
Jan 08, 2016 Stephanie * Outlandish Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, read-in-2012
I was in a huge reading slump when I read this so I’m not sure how well my review will be. This is definitely a book I plan on re-reading and writing a different review for because I feel like I’m not doing it justice.
I love this series. I like the Feyland magic, the threat of it crossing into the real world. I like the modern yet futuristic qualities. Everything is really high tech. I love the characters and the relationships they have. Jennet and Tam are such a cute couple! They are leaders a
Stacy
May 20, 2013 Stacy rated it it was amazing
I can't help it....I just love this series.
This is one of those books that I just DEVOUR -- escapism at its finest! Tam and Jennet continue on their quest to prevent the Dark and Bright Fey Courts from bleeding over into our world. This time, they will attempt to journey to the Twilight Kingdom, which is a place few dare to tread. It's getting harder and more dangerous each time they step into that fairy ring. Will they have the stamina to survive? Can they continue to resist the allures of the
Julie Barrett
May 21, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
Feyland, The Twilight Kingdom by Anthea Sharp
This saga continues as we get clues of this book from the previous book. Love this series as I used to be a beta tester for a sim game myself years ago.
Tam has been told not to hang around with his daughter, Jennet but he's recommended him for the beta team. He, Jennet and her father are just a few on the team. There are other huge stars as well.
Roy, the CEO's son and also Tam's uncle who runs the net/sim cafe is also on the team. They have 3 weeks be
Louise
Nov 28, 2014 Louise rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad I first found this series on goodreads. The blend of fantasy and sci-fi (in the sense that there's advanced technology such as grav-cars and g-boards, as well as the more advanced faming systems) really excites me, appealing to both my love of fantasy and my love of science fiction. The fact that it was available on iBooks also gave me and excuse to use that app again, as well as my iTunes account. I liked that this book focused more on the family than the relationship between the ...more
Laurie Ryan
Jan 23, 2013 Laurie Ryan rated it it was amazing
I read this story way too fast. I should have slowed down and savored the moment more. I couldn't help it, though. I had to know what would happen. :) I'm thrilled with this series. I love the relationship between Jennet and Tam. I've enjoyed the secondary characters. I also feel totally immersed in the world this author has created. It makes me excited for the future of gaming, even though this is imagination, not reality. I was so excited to read there will be more stories coming out of ...more
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks
Apr 21, 2015 Cassandra Wilson-Sparks rated it it was amazing
This is a book you must buy! I've read this book separately and then again in the trilogy set! It is amazing. The world of Feyland that Mrs. Sharp has created is amazing. I am not one to give spoilers in reviews, so it is really hard to say a whole lot about these books. But one thing I can say is they are AMAZING and you HAVE to read them!! If you like fae stories, gaming, romance, or are just in the mood to try something new then you need to get this book right now! You will never again look ...more
Sharon Stevenson
Dec 30, 2013 Sharon Stevenson rated it it was amazing
'Feyland: The Twilight Kingdom' is the third book in the Feyland trilogy about a virtual reality game that opens a doorway to the land of fairies.

This is definitely the best of the books in this trilogy. The tension is palpable as Jennet and Tam fight to stop the Fey threat to their world. The group venturing into the realm to beta test the game add to the problems Jennet and Tam encounter as no one else can find out what they are doing.

A fantastic ending to an original, action-packed paranorma
Nereid
Mar 26, 2014 Nereid rated it really liked it
The last book in this trilogy does not disappoint, it is fast paced and keeps you guessing. The character development progresses along nicely and it feels right without the fanfare of being "so out there" that it is unrealistic. Tam and Jennet's relationship develops at a natural pace and the conclusion is satisfying though it is a shame that this is the end. I really enjoyed the series and would recommend it to anyone who loves this type of story.
Cailin
Dec 09, 2014 Cailin rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
First you must read books one and two before coming to this book. This is not a stand alone book. It is a story that has to build to this one kingdom. All the adventures come into play in this book, plus some new characters. Jennet and Tam relationship is torn apart in the real world by a dad that can't believe his daughter. Find out how they battle a Dark Queen and Bright King while trying to still following the rules (somewhat) of what Jennet's father has set on them. Another good quick read.
Kelly Truelove
Sep 03, 2013 Kelly Truelove rated it liked it
Shelves: techno-fantasy
I was a bit disappointed with this third installment of the Feyland series. I missed the intricate gaming sequences, and the plotline seemed like an afterthought, just a way to continue the series that wasn't quite as cohesive as the first two books. I am still interested in this world enough to read more, but I would implore the author to return to the gaming details and elements of fantasy mirroring reality that made the first two so enjoyable.
Meghan
Jul 16, 2013 Meghan rated it really liked it
This was such a cute summer read. I love that tam and Jennet have this really solid young romance. No cheating, no un-healthy obsession or stalking. There are so many super unhealthy young romance examples in ya. It is really nice to be able to buy books for my godchildren(young teenage girls) with a non-abusive boyfriend lead character. Thank you for that!!
Susan Commeford
Sep 07, 2015 Susan Commeford rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
As I have said before, this is a great blend of fantasy and technology. The characters are flawed but find their way through despite themselves...just as we all hope to do. This series was great fun and I hope to see more as the group grows up with their duty to protect the worlds a major factor in their lives.
Lacy Osman
Jul 29, 2014 Lacy Osman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-reads
Amazing series!! I read the three books back to back because I couldn't put them down! From the start to the finish Feyland sucks you in! What a unique twist on the fey. I loved how the game seemed so real that I really wanted to play it. The characters were so well written. I loved reading their story. I highly recommend this trilogy!!
Kjirstin
Oct 31, 2013 Kjirstin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was really enjoyable! The format was switched up a little bit from the first two books, with the addition of raiding parties and beta testing, and it made for a good story. The eventual resolution of the standoff was entertaining and satisfying, and plenty of room was left open for future fictional visits to this magical kingdom. Very good reading, and an excellent capstone to the trilogy.
Jean
Aug 30, 2016 Jean rated it really liked it
Wow, this book was way better than the first two books! Anthea Sharp showed the struggles of the characters very well with both their virtual life and their real life and concluded the series with an epic ending.
Taylor
Oct 25, 2013 Taylor rated it liked it
I love the combination of video games and fairies/the fairy courts. I really like this series so far and I mostly enjoy the exciting experience inside of Feyland. I like the characters and their conflicts with Feyland.
 Lianne Mei
Feb 01, 2014 Lianne Mei rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this series but I would have liked more scenes from the Twilight Kingdom and I still don't like Roy.
Shari
Apr 27, 2013 Shari rated it it was amazing
What a great series!! If you haven't read them yet i would highly suggest reading the first book... And reading them all!! I can't wait to read more from this author.
Bebs
Oct 18, 2013 Bebs rated it it was amazing
loved it very addicting!
Cassandra Mello
Another great book, love the quests and the group gaming in this one.
Cathy
Oct 25, 2014 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Really loved the fantasy/virtual gaming crossover throughout.

Jenn
Oct 19, 2013 Jenn rated it really liked it
Great finish to this trilogy and great lead into the next!
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 04, 2015 11:15AM
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Seized (The Pipe Woman Chronicles #1)
  • The Secret Trinity: Ignite (Fae-Witch, #2)
  • Short Stories
  • Dancing Naked in Dixie
  • My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3)
  • Dead Letter Office
  • Gift
  • Night Sky
  • New World Order (War of the Fae, #4)
  • Torn
  • First Time for Everything
  • Traitor (Bridger, #2)
  • Collected (Coveted, #0.5)
  • The Necromancer's Apprentice (The Necromancer's Apprentice #1)
  • The Middle Aisle (Lancaster House)
  • My Merlin Series (The Complete Trilogy)
Growing up, Anthea Sharp spent her summers raiding the library shelves and reading, especially fantasy. She now makes her home in the Pacific Northwest, where she writes, plays the fiddle, hangs out in virtual worlds, and spends time with her small-but-good family. Contact her at antheasharp@hotmail.com, follow her on twitter, find her on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AntheaSharp), and visit h ...more
More about Anthea Sharp...

Feyland (3 books)
  • The Dark Realm (Feyland, #1)
  • Feyland: The Bright Court (Feyland, #2)