Start by marking “Invasion of Privacy” as Want to Read:
Invasion of Privacy

Invasion of Privacy (Nina Reilly #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,129 ratings  ·  57 reviews
Twelve years ago, a young girl disappeared. Now a filmmaker has made a movie about it. The girl's parents call it invasion of privacy. A woman lawyer calls it murder.

The bloodstains on the courtroom floor belong to attorney Nina Reilly. Months earlier she'd been shot during a heated murder trial. She should have died that day. Instead, Nina has returned to the same Lake Ta
Audio CD, Abridged
Published February 25th 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Invasion of Privacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invasion of Privacy

It's been a long time since I read one of Perri O'Shaughnessy's books. This is the second installment in the Nina Reilly series. This is one of the best legal thrillers so far in her series. When Nina represents a civil case, things change on a dime for her, when her client hates her guts for a reason. And then her past reared its ugly head in this case, when we learn what happened to her in the past and how her family's affected. It's really an emotional roller coaster ride that thrown her for ...more
Teresa in Ohio
I had to remind myself a couple times when this book was published. It needed some serious editing, so what Nina went to a Monster truck show, the reader didn't need two pages of dialouge about it. I like this better than the second one and I know many people with similar book interest as mine love this series, I remain lukewarm about it. Nina has decided she will no longer handle criminal cases and is looking to be a small town lawyer handling divorces and such. Only when the past smacks her in ...more
Without a doubt, this was one of the most unusual murder mysteries I have ever read. I have never met such an evil, bone chilling antagonist that wasn't written into a horror novel before!

Nina think that she is safe defending a filmmaker from having her film of long ago disappearance, suppressed. Little does Nina know that this is going to become so much more.

With this novel we learn so much more about Nina and her son Bobby, Nina's brother Matt and even about Nina herself.

This turns into one of
Attorney Nina Reilly's client, Terry London, is being sued to prevent the release of her film about a long missing girl named Tamara Sweet. In her film London suggests that Sweet is dead and that the crime is connected to the disappearance of several other girls in the Lake Tahoe area. In the midst of the court proceedings Terry London is brutally murdered and Nina's ex-boyfriend Kurt - who is also the father of her son Bob - is accused of the crime. Turns out Kurt used to date Tamara and was al ...more
In part it may have been the reader, but overall I found the whole case hard to buy into from a legal standpoint and the relationship between the main character and her son, a relationship which played a central role in the story, totally lacking in depth. I have no idea why I stuck with this one to the end!
5 stars for excellent writing, superb plot, truth-to-life characters, and court room drama.

Reading this book is like watching a movie or TV series, this is the second book I've read from this author and it made me want to buy more of her work. Although there was a time I predicted the outcome, I was surprised with the results. My expectations about this book were high, and this story just kicked ass.

The events of this book wouldn't have been colorful without the characters, they give life to eve
I know more traditional women would have problems when Nina Reilly works at the expense of her kid or shoulders all the burden of her choices but I love that about her. I love when she looks at Paul, knowing full well she could be wrong and essentially tells him to butt out, it's her case. Right or wrong, she owns it and she won't cede one tiny centimeter of control to anyone, male or female.

I wish more heroines were feminists and not traditionalists. Bossy, independent Nina still gets the hunk
This is part of a series about Lake Tahoe-area attorney Nina Riley. Written by two sisters, this series is always worth dipping into.

As the book opens, you are given a glimpse of a vignette in which 18-year-old Tamara Sweet is about to die. She's a girl who wants to establish her own boundaries, and that usually means doing the bar and drug scene. She escapes one bar with a particularly obnoxious couple inside, goes out into the snowy night alone, and is never heard from again.

Years later, filmm
Barbara Mitchell
A few weeks ago I read and reviewed the first O'Shaughnessy book fearing Nina Reilly, attorney, who had moved to Lake Tahoe following her divorce. In Motion to Suppress Nina and her son Bobby were living with her brother and his family as she established her new practice. I really enjoyed getting to know these characters and the Lake Tahoe area, so I was anxious to read the second book in the series.

Invasion of Privacy continues their story and the connection between Nina and an investigator fro
Melinda Seyler
Mar 12, 2013 Melinda Seyler rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melinda by:
Invasion of Privacy
by Perri O'Shaughnessy
I've been leaping about in this series for years and finally decided
to read some of the early ones which I missed. This is (I think)the
second and it explains a lot of stuff which comes up later. Nina
Reilly was shot in an earlier book and decides to take only civil
cases. She ends up doing an invasion of privacy suit for a film maker.
The film maker is a psycho, which becomes increasingly evident as the
case progresses. Now what? How can Nina do her duty as
Scott  Breslove
This book was definitely a page turner, but there was something missing. None of the characters were all to like able, with all having major flaws that really hurt their likeability. The only one I found a real affinity for was, crap I forgot her name already, the secretary, was it Sharon, or Susan or something. I thought I'd like Paul a lot better, but every time he grew on me, something pulled him away again.
We also have a very convoluted plot, too many things happening, possibly to throw us
Karen C
The book was OK. I found a lot of it quite when the son is missing and the mother (in my opinion) didn't seem overly concerned....and when the "crazy" woman breaks into her house, she doesn't report it. Just some issues. But an "ok" read.
Petula Darling
The first book in the series was a little rough, but I thought it showed potential for good things to come. If Invasion of Privacy is indicative of the future of the series, though, it turns out I was very wrong.
What a good book! I don't think I have read an O'Shaughnessy book before and I'm a bit sorry I didn't start with the first one. Guess I'll pick it up soon. I was a bit smug at first. Obviously this action A would lead to result B. No, it didn't work that way. Start with A and you might wind up examining R. I kept getting misled throughout the book and the soft sweet ending was a big surprise. I look forward to reading more O'Shaughnessy.
Bert Mcdoddle
Horribly boring liberal book. Will never read this author again.
I usually saved books. Not this one. It's going in the garbage.
Dorothy Clark
I liked this one. I'll follow this author closely and read all they write.
An excellent lawyer based series set in Lake Tahoe. Nina defends the father of her son who doesn't even know he has a son. Good story.
Good book but alittle slow...could have moved faster. Great ending!
Excellent!!! Wish I knew about these books years ago!!!
Beth Lechman
This book kept me guessing until the end. Full of twist and turns throughout the whole book.
As good as the first.
This is a sophomore effort from the two sisters, and it somewhat is evident of that. The story is melodramatic, at times cheesy, and littered with clichés. The plot twist was interesting, however. The pacing of the novel could have improved from the debut, but that is forgivable; it kept my interest. The ending felt as though the authors couldn’t think of anything else but stoop to a soap opera tactic to end on a ‘cliff hanger’ just to keep the readers ‘tuned’ in for the next installment of the ...more
Marshall Thornton
I liked it just as much as the first... on to the next one.
easy to read. good main character
It was a very good book. It's about a girl named Tamara Sweet. She disappeared 12 years ago. Now Nina Reilly is back from the hospital to face the case of the movie that was made about the disappearance. But now things are changing. Some of Nina's past is starting to reappear. The secrets of her past she so desperately was trying to hide. Definitely LOVED this book. I love the series too. I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5
Pretty good plot. Attorney Nina finds herself defending a crazy-ass filmmaker who made a documentary about a missing teen girl. The father of Nina's young son (again, the single female attorney with a young son) also turns up and is somehow in the mix with the filmmaker. Good plot. Characters, even the kid, are not too annoying (unless they are supposed to be - the filmmaker). I enjoyed the book.
I tried liking it and the best I can do is say that I didn't hate it. *But* !! It definitely felt like it had two authors because the plot and the writing and the main characters were disjointed and schizophrenic at times. I checked out a couple of books in chronological order, but maybe I'll skip ahead and read something that was written later to see if the authors' style improves.
Apr 26, 2008 Susan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all my Tahoe friends
If you ever have loved South Lake Tahoe, read these books. Start with the first in the series though, the charachter development over the years, not to mention the opening and closing of stores etc, that you will remember is excellant. I read one after the other until I was so sick of them I had to go up to Tahoe and Hike!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on the new one.
Fun to read, had to find out what happened next and stayed up too late reading a few nights. I couldn't figure out who dunnit until she told me, but on the way to the big reveal there were quite a few cliches and a few things that made me roll my eyes. The whole series, though, is great fun and I'll read more of them when I don't want to work too hard at the reading.
A fun, complex legal thriller. Nina Reilly faces her fears after being shot in the courtroom. Determined to stick to civil trials, she takes on a very warped client, who ends up murdered. The authors do an interesting job of portraying the small town, resort, casino town that is Tahoe. They also give us some fun as we watch Nina try to balance her romantic life.
  • Suspicion of Betrayal (Gail Connor and Anthony Quintana #4)
  • Cruel Justice (Ben Kincaid, #5)
  • Trial By Fire
  • Falsely Accused (Butch Karp, #8)
  • Stone Angel (Kathleen Mallory, #4)
  • The Oath (Dismas Hardy, #8)
  • The Judgment
  • The Bone Vault (Alexandra Cooper, #5)
  • Red Blooded Murder (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #2)
  • Threads of Malice  (Dubric Bryerly, #2)
  • Remember Me, Irene (Irene Kelly #4)
  • While Other People Sleep
  • Eyes of a Child (Christopher Paget, #3)
Perri O’Shaughnessy is the pen-name for two people, Pamela and Mary O’Shaughnessy, sisters. The authors' pseudonym is an homage to Perry Mason, the man who never met a guilty client, and a melding of their two first names, Pamela and Mary. O’Shaughnessy is their paternal family name.

They are the authors of eleven bestselling Nina Reilly novels as well as a collection of short crime fiction, Sinist
More about Perri O'Shaughnessy...

Nina Reilly (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Motion to Suppress (Nina Reilly, #1)
  • Obstruction of Justice (Nina Reilly, #3)
  • Breach of Promise (Nina Reilly #4)
  • Acts of Malice (Nina Reilly #5)
  • Move to Strike
  • Writ of Execution (Nina Reilly #7)
  • Unfit to Practice
  • Presumption of Death (Nina Reilly, #9)
  • Unlucky in Law
  • Case of Lies (Nina Reilly #11)