Start by marking “The Mapmakers Union (The Doorknob Society, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mapmakers Union (The Doorknob Society, #3)

The Mapmakers Union (The Doorknob Society #3)

4.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  215 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Chloe Masters has a death wish, at least according to her friends. Still reeling from the loss of one of those closest to her she is living life on the edge. One by one she is pushing everyone away. Leaving her with the very person who betrayed her... Faith.

Her memories still locked away by the Forget Me Not, can Chloe discover the truth before she loses everyone she love
Published September 25th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Mapmakers Union, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mapmakers Union

Ashley Stoyanoff
Dec 05, 2012 Ashley Stoyanoff rated it really liked it
Rating: 1/2

The Doorknob Society was good; The Impossible Engineers was better, but The Mapmakers Union was freakin’ awesome.

For the first time in this series, Chloe didn’t drive me crazy. She wasn’t annoying. She didn’t think too much and I most of all, I connected with her from start to end.

The story starts off with a reckless Chloe as she struggles with the loss of one of her closest friends, Nightshade. I completely felt her pain and was mourning right along with her. She keeps herself busy
Heather Felder
Oct 03, 2012 Heather Felder rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
**My full review here**

Over the course of my book reviewing career/hobby/whatever-you-wanna-call-it, there have been a couple books/series that have made me wish that I was HUGE in the book blogging world. Why? Simply because I wish I could skyrocket these books to instant popularity. The Mapmakers Union (and all the books in its series, The Doorknob Society) truly are spectacularly entertaining books. Not just for "young adults". I am *ahem* almost in my mid-30's, and I love, love, love the ser
Donna
Oct 24, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing
WOW is all I can say about this book. The latest installment of The Doorknob Society Saga will not disappoint! Chloe Masters gets better with each book. I won't give away any spoilers, but I will tell you, your heart will break. You feel Chloe's pain at Nightshade's death. There are more twists and turns in this book than in the previous books. You delve more into the personalities of each character. They are getting older and more in control of their personal powers. There is some sadness in th ...more
Sharon
Nov 24, 2012 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult, arc
More of my reviews @ www.obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Review: 4 out of 5 stars

The Mapmakers Union was kindly provided to me by the author, M.J. Fletcher in exchange for my honest review and is the third book in The Doorknob Society saga.

I must admit, I was left reeling at the ending of The Impossible Engineers; with the death of a much loved character and Chloe losing her memory thanks to the Forget Me Not things weren’t looking too rosy but I should have known to trust Mr. Fletcher and his m
Multimemo
Nov 04, 2012 Multimemo rated it really liked it
( This review was orignally posted over on my blog, Book-A-Holic )

Again, MJ Fletcher just keeps blewing me away. The amazingness continue in the third book in the Doorknob Society where normal life couldn't be be on the same page with Chloe Masters. Wow! This series was just full of twists and turns and I really admire how the author was able to keep it all together and going on in this pace and orgnization, it just seemed so put together and authentic.

There are INCRIDEBLE things that I would
Gail
Mar 23, 2015 Gail rated it really liked it
An exciting continuation to the story. Chloe is still bravely fighting for her friends- the good thing is that they find Nightshade, the bad thing is he has been brainwashed and can't remember a lot of things. Her mother continues to be a witch and takes away her dad. Will Chloe survive all of this? You have to wonder why they fight and fight and yet only certain people die from their injuries when it seems they take on pretty serious hits. I guess it is the power of the pen, but seriously, Chlo ...more
Brit
Jul 06, 2015 Brit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

My original two complaints, editing and swearing, are still present for this book but I found I was able to ignore them for the content.

Chloe still struggles with relationships and in fact pushes people away more so in this one. I love the element of her friendship with Edgar, the limits of her friendships with Val and Jess, the reconciliation process with Slade and the absence of Nightshade.

In fact, the use of his absence, her grieving process and flashbacks were what made my heart grow that m
Caroline Rolley
Jan 25, 2014 Caroline Rolley rated it really liked it
I would buy ALL these in paperback IF HE'D GET AN EDITOR!!!! This series is a "steampunk Harry Potter". But the poor editing/total lack of editing damn near kills it all! I want to pass these along to my sons, but do not want to subject them to the errors. I want to get them INTO reading, not frustrate the crap out of them. As an adult, I can look past the errors, but when I spend more time highlighting errors than reading, it makes it hard to stay in the book. Seriously, get an editor!!! I woul ...more
Laurie Hopkins
Mar 27, 2016 Laurie Hopkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I love the action that goes along with character development, Chloe, Edgar, Nightshade, Jess, Val and even Slade is growing on me again. Poor Chloe, I cried for all she has lost but cheer her on as she keeps fighting. There are always moments to make you smile too, though.
Katherine Willey
Oct 30, 2014 Katherine Willey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Great Action.

Action from start to finish. Keeps you reading and wanting more. Secrets revealed and relationships tested. Can not wait for the next book.
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Jan 04, 2013 Lisa (Bookworm Lisa) rated it really liked it
***4.5 stars***

Just when you think that Chloe Master's life couldn't get more complex, it does. She is mourning the loss of friendships from the second book and dealing with trying to save the society of the Doorknob Society and other sects of her society. (I wish I were creative enough to think of another word that society, bit redundant.)

She has so many issues to deal with, and unfortunately for her it's just going to get worse. Everyone is after her, fingers are pointing, blame is being laid
Melissa
Jul 16, 2015 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I'm glad this book fixed some things from the last book. There are more battles with the First Kind and many more to come. Looking forward to see how the next book turns out.
Ronie Langston
Oct 28, 2014 Ronie Langston rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book as much as the first two in this series! Easy ready - exciting and fun! Taking a break from this series but will definitely read the 4th book soon!
Heidi
Jun 18, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Chloe and her friends are once again involved in missions of the impossible. After the misadventures of book two they are more determined to bring down the first kind. MJ Fletcher seems to have mastered the art of ending a book leaving you wanting to know more. I am enjoying the world and adventures this author has created.
Jaymie
May 12, 2015 Jaymie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still delightful, but the grammatical errors and incorrect word usage continue to abound.
Caroline Rolley
Jan 25, 2014 Caroline Rolley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Julie
Apr 09, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each book gets better and better.
Susan
Jun 03, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
In "The Mapmakers Union" we continue on with Chloe's adventures which include a death and new characters. MJ Fletcher continues to captivate me and surprise me. His character development is consistently strong which is a rare find in a series. Highly recommended for all magickal, mystery suspense fans.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Heidi
Jul 29, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kim
Jan 12, 2014 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
The story continue to get more involved with twists and turns that I didn't expect. Nightshade and Edgar play even bigger roles in this book, and Chloe's challenges get even greater. Val becomes a more active part of the group too. I can't wait to read the next book to find out what happens to the group of friends.
Tabby
Dec 15, 2012 Tabby rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, kindle
So good. Just keeps getting better with each book. Now I'm sad though because I got to wait until January for the next book. It may only be a month away, but hey that is still just way to long to wait!
May 26, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Valerie Waters
Sep 04, 2014 Valerie Waters rated it it was amazing
Man I love this series. I just can't get enough of it. Want to scream that the next book isn't out yet!!!
Sharon Dunlevy
Dec 23, 2012 Sharon Dunlevy rated it really liked it
This fast paced 3rd book in the series is impossible to put down. I can't wait until book 4 comes out!!!
Deborah
Dec 11, 2012 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Was excellent! each book is better than the one before! anxious got three fourth
Michelle Mcroberts
Oct 27, 2015 Michelle Mcroberts rated it really liked it
Second Read: 5/27/13 - 5/27/13

Loved this book.

First read: 10/22/12-10/23/12
Rhonda Vickerson
Rhonda Vickerson is currently reading it
Aug 30, 2016
Kelly Poetker
Kelly Poetker rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Meredith
Meredith marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Steampunk World
  • The Witches of Jericho (Edenwitch #1)
  • Crown of the Setting Sun (Heirs of the Fallen, #2)
  • Beyond the Valley (Daughters of the Potomac, #3)
  • The Isis Stone (The Lost Goddess, #1)
  • Growing Up Dead
  • The Reformation (The Phoenix Project, #2)
  • The Society of Imaginary Friends
  • The Benders (Breeders, #3)
  • Pale Kings (Emaneska #2)
  • Next to You (Life, #2)
  • A Pair of Docks (Derivatives of Displacement, #1)
  • Quest for Merlin's Map (Jumper Chronicles, #1)
  • External Forces (The Laws of Motion #1)
  • Music Box (Dollhouse, #4)
  • The Threat Below (Brathius History, #1)
  • PETER AND THE VAMPIRES (Volume One) (PETER AND THE MONSTERS)
  • Holiday Magic (Spellbound, #3.5)
MJ Fletcher was born in New Jersey and now lives by the beach with his very understanding wife and daughter. He has been writing since he first stapled pages together as a child and called them a book. He finally realized his ambitions when his comic book series Adam Zero The Last Man of Earth was published by Ronin Studios. His other comic book work includes Digital Webbing Presents and The Hero ...more
More about M.J. Fletcher...

The Doorknob Society (5 books)
  • The Doorknob Society (The Doorknob Society, #1)
  • The Impossible Engineers (The Doorknob Society, #2)
  • The Detective Inspectors (The Doorknob Society, #4)
  • Skeleton Key Guild (The Doorknob Society, #5)