Felix and the Worrier

Felix and the Worrier

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Rosemary Wells brings back her lovable little character from FELIX FEELS BETTER in a reassuring story that is sure to send pesky Worriers everywhere out the window.

Every night, Felix has a visitor. It’s the Worrier, who comes to remind Felix about the little black spot on his tooth, the possibility of getting birthday presents he doesn’t like, and other troublesome things....more
Published August 11th 2003 by Candlewick

Kathryn
Feb 10, 2009 Kathryn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who worry at night!

I absolutely LOVE the concept for this book (and they ought to make one for grown-ups because I know I am visited by The Worrier one too many nights!) and Felix is sooo cute. However, I thought the resolution was a bit unsatisfactory.
***SPOILERS***
If the only reason Felix solved his nighttime-worry problems was by getting a dog for his birthday, um...? What are the majority of kids going to do 1) if they cannot have a dog OR 2) if they have a dog and still have visits from The Worrier. It woul...more
Tam
My 5-year-old loves the "Max and Ruby" series by Rosemary Wells but neither of us liked this book. I don't like the message it sends. Why does a child need to have a Worrier appear every night? Especially one that tries to ruin his birthday by telling him people might not come to his party or he might get scary gifts?!

"When all the world lay fast asleep, someone tapped on Felix's window. It was the Worrier."
Logan
what a hilarious little book! Logan laughed out loud. When I read it to Logan's daddy this evening, we both laughed. Felix is a guinea pig who is visited at night by a little creature called the worrier, who talks up small concerns into big worries. I love Wells' illustrations of the perpetually big-eyed Felix. If you've got a little worrier, this charming book might help talk about. it.
Kerry
Externalising worry is a really good way to work with younger children. Rosemary Wells has created a lovely story with cute illustrations. A nice book for the little worriers.
Katie
This is quite possibly the funniest children's book I've ever read. Our whole family was belly laughing!
Saad Al-thobaiti
Saad Al-thobaiti marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2013
Anusha
Anusha marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
Lauren
Lauren added it
Jun 15, 2012

Rosemary Wells is the author of a number of popular children's books, most notably the Max and Ruby series which follows the everyday adventures of sibling bunnies - curious three year old Max and bossy seven year old Ruby. She gets the inspiration for Max and Ruby from her two daughters and the experiences they...more
More about Rosemary Wells...
Bunny Cakes Noisy Nora Yoko On the Blue Comet Bunny Money