Start by marking “The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)

The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow #1)

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,042 Ratings  ·  545 Reviews
Enter a hidden world of magic, mystery, danger and romance in this YA fantasy from Amazon bestselling author, Rachel Morgan...

Protecting humans from dangerous magical creatures is all in a day’s work for a faerie training to be a guardian. Seventeen-year-old Violet Fairdale knows this better than anyone—she’s about to become the best guardian the Guild has seen in years. T
Published October 27th 2012 by Rachel Morgan (first published April 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Faerie Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Faerie Guardian

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesAccordance by Shelly CraneDefiance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
62nd out of 1,055 books — 2,154 voters
The Selection by Kiera CassCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickRapture by Lauren KateFlutter by Melissa Andrea
Best YA Covers for 2012
212th out of 474 books — 1,584 voters

More lists with this book...

Benjaminoftomes
Jun 26, 2015 Benjaminoftomes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
REALLY enjoyed this book! I read it all within one day during my scottish adventures!

Perfect book for the mood of scotland and its beauty!

FAST paced also!
So what can you expect in this book

STEAMY ROMANCE
KIDNAPPING
AND
AND
AWESOMENESS!

I really enjoyed this book and am so excited to carry on with the series in the future!
Veronica Morfi
Sep 26, 2015 Veronica Morfi rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5/5

This is the first book in the Creepy Hollow series. It is also the introduction of the main character, Violet, of the first trilogy. Violet is a Fae guardian in training and in her last mission she finds a human boy,Nate, that can actually see her and to top that he somehow manages to come with her to the Fae world where no humans are allowed. After that a crazy adventure begins, saving kids, discovering Nate's past and Violets own history in the Fae world are only part of it.

When
Anastasia シ
First, I want to say that I love, love LOVE, the cover!

The story took place in the human realm and in Creepy Hollow. The descriptions of the settings and action scenes were more than I could have hoped for, they were so detailed. The way the author described Creepy Hollow, all of beautiful colors,
the tall trees, nature, and paranormal creatures, was very realistic, like Creepy Hollow actually existed. I was super impressed.

The main character is Violet [but goes by the name Vi] She's 17-year-old,
Jun 22, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
I had this book recommended by my book bestie. And I wanted to LOVE it. And it was good. But it was also predictable. I was calling things before they happened throughout the book. To save it though, the book did become unpredictable at the end, but it was like the last 20% and that was the best part. Actually I thought the book ended a bit prematurely. And it had all this bonus material at the end, but what I really wanted was more of the book doing what it did in the last quarter. So there was ...more
Andrew Leon
Nov 26, 2015 Andrew Leon rated it it was ok
"The Faerie Guardian" started off on the wrong foot with me. It's not really the fault of the book or the author. I mean, I'm the one with the thing against first person/present tense presentation. But it is first/present, and I couldn't stop myself from groaning inwardly when I started reading it. And this example is pretty typical of the stuff I've read using first/present, so it did nothing to distinguish itself for me. But, you know, I get that that style is popular, right now, so I can hard ...more
Lilia
Apr 24, 2016 Lilia rated it really liked it
This book was seriously so amazing, and I really loved how it was the kind of book that made you want to keep reading one more chapter
Annika
Apr 25, 2015 Annika rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy Readers
The Faerie Guardian completely met my expectations. I have read other books by Ms. Rachel Morgan, and I loved them. This one also adds to my pile of favorites from her.

The story is set in the land of Creepy Hollow, and the author does a wonderful job of world-building. You can easily picture how beautiful the magical woods are. It truly takes me to a new place, and it's magical.

The characters are unforgettable. Violet is a kick-butt fairy trainee, a girl who every reader can look up to. She's st
Erin
Jun 28, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-pnr-favorites
I wasn't sure I was going to get into this one at first, the similarities to the Iron Fey series made it kind of lag for me for awhile. But Vi grew on me, snarky tough-as-nails guardian that she is, and I ended up really liking her in the end.

All of her years of training couldn't have prepared Vi for meeting and falling for the human boy Nate who happens to stumble into the faerie paths. He's not supposed to be there, and it's putting a huge kink in her plans to earn the title of the top guardi
Dianne
From the beautiful cover, that is so faerie-like, to the last page, The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan is a trip into a magical world where Guardian-in-training Violet Fairdale, our wonderfully refreshing heroine rules supreme! What is a Guardian? A Guardian protects humans from the evil of others in the magical realm, unseen by humans, of course. Violet is tough, driven and so alone within the walls she has built, it hurts to read, but she hides it well, uses the losses she has faced in life ...more
Carlyle Labuschagne
Oct 22, 2012 Carlyle Labuschagne rated it it was amazing

Wow! First of all, this is so not my genre. How ignorant of me, assuming all Faerie books would be sweet and girly. How stupid of me as a writer not to consider the possibilities... Rachel I adored this book, devoured it! A very talented author, who works magic with words and scenes. I loved it from page one, action... action.. action... romance... action...romance and some sad and broken scenes, conflict and magic. Everything to keep you on your toes all the way through. I didnt want it to end.
Ashley
Mar 17, 2015 Ashley rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA paranormal fans
Recommended to Ashley by: The Paranormal Bookshelf
Shelves: kindle
I bought this book off of the kindle store when it was free. I am a part of the Review Team @ The Paranormal Bookshelf.

Category: paranormal, Young Adult (YA), Fae
Spoilers: NONE
Book #1 in the Creepy Hollow Series

As we are reading this as a group on our blog, I really didn't have any expectations when I began this book. I loved the new cover but had the old cover on my Kindle since I got it a while back ago and just hadn't read it yet. The new cover is way better than the old FYI. I also haven'
Norah Una Sumner
Real rating: 4.5

Such a fun book!I loved the characters,the story,the writing-everything was amazing.The main character,Violet,is very funny and charming.You will love her from the very beginning. The whole world of faeries is extremely well explained and you can immediately imagine it in your head.There are a lot of twists in this book,and one moment that will pretty much make you go:

description

The thing that blew me away was the fighting.I usually don't enjoy reading fighting parts,I pretty much get bored
Angi
Nov 15, 2015 Angi rated it really liked it
Really good! I love stories with faeries and this was a great one. Very interesting ideas about how their world works and the world building was spectacular. It wasn't weird or choppy, it was perfect. I enjoyed the whole story and was excited to finish and start the next book. I did think the story between Violet and Nate could have been developed better, it would have been nice to have more details regarding their interactions. It would have made this a 5 star for me. Just because their relatio ...more
Karissa
May 11, 2016 Karissa rated it really liked it
I got this book to read on audiobook. The audiobook was decently done but not wonderful. The main heroine has a very chirpy voice which doesn’t match her character all that well. Additionally a lot of the male voices sounded similar (particularly Nate and Ryn).

I really didn’t like the beginning of this book. The story was just too simple and too silly; the beginning is all about Nate following Vi into faerie and getting her into trouble and the chaos that follows when she tries to get him back
Tasha (faeriedrugs)

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH and I'm going to buy the next book NOW
SO MANY FEELS
Kat Silver
Aug 09, 2015 Kat Silver rated it it was amazing
Page one had me on the edge of my seat, completely in love and now that I've reached the end I want to go back and read it for the first time all over again.

From the very beginning you're thrown into a magical world that Rachel Morgan has built up beautifully where there's magic and power struggles and characters that will have you rolling on the floor laughing one second and ready to throw your book across the room the next!

Violet is a kickass heroine and you pick that up straight away. She's t
Shantelle
Okay, so I LOVE these kind of faerie stories... just adore the feel, and the idea of hidden fae worlds amidst our own, and everything.

Unfortunately, The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan just wasn't quite "clean" enough for my taste. I mean, it wasn't absolutely terrible, the amount that I read; but there was enough swearing, inappropriate comments/thoughts, and unseemly situations to make me go, "Alright...I think I can find something better to read."

I don't know. Swearing just bothers me. Pe
Beth
May 04, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
The Faerie Guardian welcomes us to the Creepy Hollow series. We are introduced to the Guardian in training Violet Fairdale. She is at the top of her class until she starts making decisions that break the rules and ultimately threaten her life and the life of those she cares for.

I liked the The Faerie Guardian. Morgan writes animated and highly descriptive scenes to make you feel like you are part of the world she is creating. The story started off slow with lots of plot building but increases in
Zuleeza
Nov 06, 2012 Zuleeza rated it really liked it
You can find this review plus character bio from this blog post

Another faerie book. Just what I need because I know I haven't read enough of good faerie books. :P

Firstly, can I just quickly comment on the blurb. "That is, until a cute human boy who can somehow see through her faerie glamour follows her into the fae realm.". A cute human boy? Well...on normal days, I would just forget about the book straight away if I came across the words 'a cute human boy'. I don't know...it sounds...shallow?

An
Georgi
What a fun fast paced book! From page 1 I was hooked.

This story had so many great qualities. Rachel Morgan has a great imagination!

How great would it be to apply make-up to our face with just the tip of our finger?

All the characters were great!

I just loved Violet's sassy sense of humour. I need a pair of her boots in my life!!!

I enjoyed how the story played out for Violet, Ryn and Nate. Really looking forward to reading more from this series.

Oh and Filigree? I need one of those in my life also
Loyda
Mar 28, 2015 Loyda marked it as to-read
Shelves: owned
FREE today 3/28/15
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Amazon link:
Charlie
Nov 29, 2015 Charlie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1) by Rachel Morgan

I have to admit: I was really apprehensive about this book. Normally, I'm not really into fantasy, especially not any with supernatural creatures like faeries. But The Faerie Guardian blew me away. It was action-packed, humorous and downright amazing. So why didn't I give this book 5 out of 5 stars? Because of the instalove situation with Nate at the beginning of the book. Plus, I had a serious case of: Girl, you're with the wrong guy. #TeamRyn all the way.

Honestly looking forward to continuin
Yasamin
Dec 16, 2015 Yasamin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, english
at first when i started reading , i didnt expect this book will end in my favorites shelf.
but i must admit. i LOVE this book.
it was fast paced and i liked the author's writing style from the first moment.
and usually i dont like romances in books but to my surprise i could cope with it easily in this book and i was starting to ship Violet and Nate XD

for anyone who hasn't read this series yet: it's a series about faeries, not like you're actually imagining right now. its completely different with
Vickie
Feb 07, 2016 Vickie rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-fantasy, ehhh
I really wanted to put this on the DNF shelf so bad because when I read this book, I immediately felt something was off , but I couldn't exactly pinpoint what it was until I was about halfway through the book. Of course, that was after days of reading, then stopping, then skimming some of the rest. The first thing tht irked me was that even though this was told in 1st POV, we don't really get a glimpse inside Violet's head.
I dump my bag beside the running triangle, sit down, and change my sh
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥

I enjoyed this book immensely. After not enjoyable couple of week worth of books I finally found my entertainment.

This reminds me alot of Paranormalcy series by Kiersten White which is also a favorite of mine. The likeness between the two which made me like them both were due to a few reasons;

1. The MCs are both very easy to like and the start of the series they're independent and have their jobs. But in this book the MC is pute fae.
2. The easy way of writing. There were no forcing of b
Monique Snyman
Jun 10, 2015 Monique Snyman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Faerie Guardian by Rachel Morgan is the first book in the Creepy Hollow series, and revolves around ... you guessed it! Faeries. Now, I don't usually read books about fairies, because I adore fairies and I have this irrational fear that authors will ruin them for me. In truth, my first all-out fairy read was Sarah J. Maas' Heir of Fire, which I read only recently and enjoyed. So, when I got my hands on this book I was tentatively worried to try another author's take on fairies.

Thankfully, Ra
Farwa

it was so gripping n beautifully written I m already in love with Violet. She is really strong. I LOVE THE BOOK N IT IS SO DAMN GOOD THAT I READ THE WHOLE THING IN JUST TWO DAYS. IT IS SO INTERESTING CAN'T TELL

The very beginning of story caught my attention. The way Rachel has narrated its just so mature and perfect. She knows how to keep her readers on their toes with the suspense and twists. The main three characters of the story "Violet, Ryn and Nate" are so well written and totally opposite
Sandra  Valente
Nov 06, 2012 Sandra Valente rated it really liked it
Shelves: have-read, fantasy, 2012
4 1/2 *
E-book copy received from author

Awesomesauce! I was recently told by an author that my review of her book was ‘awesomesauce’, and I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to use it, and here it’s presented itself! I loved this imaginative, well put together and entertaining book. What really, really pleases me is the fact this is the second South African author who has impressed me.

The last fantasy book I read was over a year ago, and strangely enough a word in each title is very similar. Me
Intisar Khanani
May 25, 2013 Intisar Khanani rated it really liked it
Vi is a faerie guardian in training, but her skills are put to the test when a routine assignment goes wrong: a human boy can not only see her, but follows her home. Not such a bad predicament? Ah, that's only the beginning. Enter an evil villain who turns out to be a lot smarter than than initially expected (and/or hoped), mysteries from the past, and a kick-butt heroine, and you'll barely be able to catch your breath.

The story quickly drew me in. I'll admit that a few times it was so fast pac
  • Summer of Frost (Forever Fae, #3)
  • Influential Magic (Crescent City Fae, #1)
  • Dark Promise (Between Worlds, #1)
  • Ever Fire (A Dark Faerie Tale, #2)
  • Gambit (The Prodigy Chronicles, #1)
  • Kaleidoscope (Faylinn, #1)
  • The Changelings (War of the Fae, #1)
  • Winter Fae (Armored Hearts, #0.5)
  • The Iron Locket (The Risen King #1)
  • Semester Aboard (More than Magic, #1)
  • Thrall (Daughters of Lilith, #1)
  • Dolmarehn (The Otherworld Series, #2)
  • The Dark Citadel (The Dark Citadel, #1)
  • Beyond (Afterlife,#1)
  • Lark (Lark, #1)
  • Five (Elemental Enmity, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones (The Danaan Trilogy, #1)
  • Elfin (The Elfin, #1)
Rachel Morgan is a South African author who spent a large portion of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making. After completing a degree in genetics, she decided science wasn’t for her—after all, they didn’t approve of made-up facts. These days she spends much of her time immersed in fantasy land once more, writing fiction for young adults and those young at heart.

She is the author
More about Rachel Morgan...

Creepy Hollow (6 books)
  • The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
  • A Faerie's Secret (Creepy Hollow, #4)
  • A Faerie's Revenge (Creepy Hollow, #5)
  • A Faerie's Curse (Creepy Hollow, #6)

“I would have thought you’d pay more attention to your closest competition.”
“I would—if you were competition worth paying attention to.”
24 likes
“Is that what you were doing in my room?” he asks after a moment.
I sigh. Why am I telling him any of this? “Yes. I was on assignment.”
“I was your assignment?”
“Yes.”
He hesitates a moment, then grins. “That’s kind of hot.”
21 likes