Start by marking “The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)” as Want to Read:
The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)

The Corpse with the Golden Nose (Cait Morgan #2)

A heartfelt plea to look into the death of a world-famous vintner goes hand in hand with the opportunity to attend an exclusive gourmet event in British Columbia's stunning wine country. How can overindulgent foodie and criminologist Cait Morgan resist?

Sure that the award-winning owner of a family-run vineyard was murdered, Cait shares her findings with Bud Anderson, a ret
Published February 26th 2013 by TouchWood Editions

To ask other readers questions about The Corpse with the Golden Nose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Corpse with the Golden Nose

Marina Sofia
Mar 23, 2013 Marina Sofia rated it really liked it
Agatha Christie set in the modern world, with great wallops of lovingly described food and drink.
Cait is such a fun, enjoyable character: not the young, glamorous action girl detective, nor the gossipy, ever-knitting Miss Marple type, but a living, breathing, real woman with her own foibles and self-admitted weaknesses. The story may be a little far-fetched, but it's a lovely romp of a read. (And I love the Doctor Who references!)
Debra
Apr 06, 2013 Debra rated it really liked it
Criminal psychologist Cait Morgan, is looking forward to a weekend of wine, food, and a little investigative snooping in British Columbia’s wine country. Her love interest, retired homicide detective Bud Anderson, however, isn’t so sure about this weekend. In fact, he wouldn’t be going if he hadn’t been invited by Ellen Newman, owner of a winery and B & B.

Although Bud hasn’t met Ellen in person, she has been his “grief buddy” for several months to help Bud comes to terms with the death of hi
LORI CASWELL
Jul 22, 2013 LORI CASWELL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013
We met Cait and Bud in the first book in this series, The Corpse With The Silver Tongue. This installment has them attending an exclusive gourmet event in British Columbia’s stunning wine country and investigating the death of a world-famous vintner.

Was she murdered or did she really commit suicide? Bud thinks she took her own life but Cait is not so sure. As Cait uses her special talents to piece things together she is led down a very surprising and dangerous path.

Dollycas’s Thoughts

Cathy Ace’s
Melina
Jul 18, 2013 Melina rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books, that once you get started, you don't want to put it down. Cait Morgan, a criminal psychologist, is a great sleuth, she solved this murder that no one even suspected was a murder. When her boyfriend, retired cop, Bud, shows her a picture of two sisters, one who committed suicide and told her the story, she knew right away that it wasn't suicide. The sisters owned a winery and the surviving sister was Bud's "grief buddy" on a grief blog. She invites him and his "other" ...more
Lynn Farris
Jun 12, 2013 Lynn Farris rated it it was amazing
The ‘Corpse with a Golden Nose’ by Cathy Ace offers a study of obsession within an entertaining mystery novel.

This is the second book in the Cait Morgan Mystery Series. The first book which I reviewed was ‘The Corpse with the Silver Tongue’ which takes place at a dinner party in France. I loved the first book and likened the author to Agatha Christie calling it the quintessential cozy. While this book is very different in many ways from the first, the author has used many of the same tools and d
Lark of The Bookwyrm's Hoard
Review and and interview with the author originally published at The Bookwyrm's Hoard.

I really enjoyed The Corpse with the Golden Nose. Cait Morgan narrates the book. She has a distinctive voice: practical, very confident professionally, but a bit insecure personally and emotionally. Her training in criminal psychology and her work as a victim profiler give her a much better background for investigation than the typical cozy's amateur sleuth; she has a real talent for extrapolating from what she
Rhonda
Jun 21, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it
hey the week starting 07/24/2013 to 8/1/2013 am hosting a giveaway of book on my blog easy to enter to win. they are giving away 1 paperback book the Corpse with the Golden Nose. http://readalot-rhonda1111.blogspot.c...

4 STARS

I enjoyed The Corpse with the Golden Nose. But I do have to say that this book was a lot about wines and wine tasting that I don't really understand because I have never drunk any or even smelled it. So this part of the story I can't judge or tell if it made sense.
This is
Lou Allin
Jan 27, 2013 Lou Allin rated it liked it
Second in the Cait Morgan series, The Corpse with the Golden Nose sends criminologist-professor Cait and her retired lawman partner Bud Anderson into Canadian wine country in the beautiful British Columbia Okanagan.
Bud’s had a request from Ellen Newman to look into the suspicious suicide of her sister, Annette, co-owner of a prosperous family winery. Authorities agree that the despondent woman asphyxiated herself in her truck after drinking herself into a stupor. Her bizarre behaviour in recent
Yvonne
Jul 24, 2013 Yvonne rated it really liked it
This is a good old fashioned murder mystery in the tradition of Agatha Christie. Cathy Ace gives us everything from romance, mystery, twists and turns galore, plus a cast of eccentric characters that will have readers laughing.

Each character is drawn to perfection and they come to life with each turn of the page. The story moved along at a nice pace and I found myself already thinking of Cait as a good friend. Even the location was described vividly bringing the reader right into the story.

I hav
Teddi
May 26, 2015 Teddi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-series
I'd gone off so called "cozies" for a while because I was finding them lacking - superficial, no depth, with nosy amateur sleuths who just annoyed me.
I'd been meaning to get to Cathy Ace's books as I've been following her on Facebook for some time but my "to read pile" was huge. I finally got hold of this second book in the series and dove in. Unusual for me as I always read a series from the first book!
It was very easy to get to know the characters even without having read the first book. Cait
TAMMY CUEVAS
Jul 22, 2013 TAMMY CUEVAS rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Trying to deal with the loss of his wife, Bud Anderson joined an online grief support cop. His "grief buddy", Ellen, has asked him to look into the death of her sister. The coroner ruled Annette's death suicide, but Ellen insists it was murder. When she invites Bud and a guest to the Movable Feast to meet the suspects, Cait, who is not only a criminal psychologist but a serious foodie, can't turn down the opportunity.

Although this is second in the series, if you haven't already read the first b
Pamela
Sep 06, 2013 Pamela rated it it was amazing

She did it again! I just finished and I’m so delighted that I was ever introduced to Cathy Ace as an author. As I become involved with her characters and the enticing details surrounding the story, I believe I have it figured out. Then I remember the first Cait Morgan book I read and that the story lines go much deeper. I remind myself that there will be a twist or turn yet to come. I finally just stop trying to be a detective and I set back and enjoy where the author take me. The Corpse with th
Sandy
Jan 29, 2014 Sandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This is the second in a series of mystery books about Cait, a middle aged criminology professor who has an eidetic memory, a less than flattering self image and a widower retired policeman. The series, so far, takes place in Canada, which has become a fun way to see the country and the people. This book is set within a food and wine festival and shares a host of delectable sounding morsels. There is a good was it a suicide or murder mystery with a bit of danger, wacky characters and some convolu ...more
Andrea
The second book in Cathy Ace's Cait Morgan Mystery series is even more delicious and deadly than the first! Cait finds herself wining and dining with her companion Bud who has a little investigating in mind between sipping and tasting delectable treats in British Columbia's abundant Okanagan Valley. Bud wants her to find out the truth about an apparent suicide of a beautiful wine expert whose sister has put to him that she doesn't believe her sibling would have killed herself. Plenty of twists, ...more
Susan
Jun 18, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing
Criminal psychologist Cait Morgan is asked to accompany her significant other, retired policeman Bud Anderson, to a fabulous gourmet weekend. The catch is that Bud wants to help an e-mail grief buddy, Ellen, who is convinced that her sister was murdered, although the whole world says it was suicide. Cait thinks Ellen just might be right, and every time she's about to come over to the suicide camp, another anomalous fact points back to murder. This is so delightful that I really regret not readin ...more
Gail
May 11, 2015 Gail rated it really liked it
Criminologist and specialist in victim profiling Cait Morgan travels to the Okanagan wine country with her companion Bud Anderson (retired policeman)to investigate the murder of a world-famous vintner. While attending a 'moveable feast' (a gourmet culinary weekend) Cait collects clues and forms suspicions until another death precipitates a Poirot-like confrontation between Cait and all the participants of the feast (i.e. suspects.) I quite enjoy this series of intelligent mysteries, and look for ...more
Bev
Jan 03, 2016 Bev rated it liked it
I enjoyed the setting (Okanagan Valley wine district) and the intrigue in this murder mystery. Given the short time in which our heroine Cait has to acquaint herself with the situation and prove who did it, she accomplishes a lot -- but it became necessary to reveal all in a large room filled with all the book's characters, and I found this scenario a bit over-used. Still -- a very readable book, and I look forward to reading more in this series.
Catherine
Aug 04, 2014 Catherine rated it really liked it
I like the main character, Cait Morgan. She is funny, flawed, and very intelligent - perfect for a cozy heroine. She has the special gift of an eidetic memory. The second book in the series takes place in British Columbia during a gourmet event that has Cait eating delicious food at a different venue for every meal. If you know this character, you know you - and she - are in for a good time.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
I wasn't sure about this book at first....this is the 2nd in a series and I didn't read #1 so there are references to the past that didn't make sense. however the book did get better.

I wouldn't classify this as a cozy (as I initially thought) but not a "heavy" mystery.
Suenomad
Mar 14, 2013 Suenomad rated it it was amazing
Great book - loved the way the main characters were developed from Corpse with the Silver Tongue into this story. Paced just right and I wanted to keep on reading it rather than put it down at the end of a chapter.
Lou Columbus
May 05, 2015 Lou Columbus rated it it was amazing
The series just keeps getting better. It's like visiting old friends with each new release. I look forward to learning what happens with the characters, as much or more than the mystery!
Meg Morden
Jul 13, 2017 Meg Morden rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Cait is invited by her boyfriend excop Bud Anderson to accompany him to an elite wine and gastronomic odyssey Moveable Feast in the wine district of the Okanagan Valley in BC. Bud’s grief buddy asks him to investigate her sister’s supposed suicide and someone does not want them to find out the truth. Cait lured by the sumptuous feasting, is able to separate the red herrings from the clues and save more people falling prey to the heartless murderer.
BlueBayou
May 05, 2017 BlueBayou rated it really liked it
A wonderful mystery set in British Columbia's wine country. Felt like a trip to the Okanagon!
Vontel
Dec 28, 2014 Vontel rated it liked it
I read this 2nd book in the series the day after finishing the 3rd one, so I suspect my rating it at a 3 vs a 4 probably reflects reading it so close to the next one. Takes place in the Okanagan Valley of BC in Wine Country with the suicide some months previously of Annette, the award winning wine maker (the golden nose) of the family. Her sister, Ellen, enlists Bud Anderson, her on-line 'grief buddy' and retired RCMP homicide team leader, to visit during a festival (the Moveable Feast) because ...more
Sheila
Jun 21, 2016 Sheila rated it liked it
Bud Morgan is a retired RCMP who's wife was murdered several years earlier. His girlfriend, Cait Morgan is a criminologist. They worked together on a number of cases before Bud's retirement. Bud has been asked to travel to the B.C. Okanagan to attend a exclusive gourmet event by his 'grief partner', Ellen. Ellen's younger sister committed suicide but Ellen is convinced she was murdered. Bud believes all the evidence points to suicide but agrees to attend the event with Cait to investigate furthe ...more
Brooke Bumgardner (Brooke Blogs)
Cathy has a way of making Professor Cait Morgan extremely likeable and fun. Yet we can clearly see how smart she is. The mystery and the people and relationships are awesome. I loved the intrigue of going to a place full of vineyards to help solve a mystery. Really, if you love your cozy mysteries with a hint of action, this is it! I love the mystery and the characters. The mystery kept me guessing until the end. Cait Morgan is one of my very favorite sleuths. Cathy Ace is an auto-buy for me whe ...more
Jane Irish Nelson
May 28, 2016 Jane Irish Nelson rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, contemporary
Cait is thrilled when Bud invites her to accompany him to the Moveable Feast in the Okanagan Valley over Easter weekend, even if it is somewhat in the nature of a business trip, since Ellen, the woman who invited them, wants Bud to verify that her sister Annette's death really was a suicide. But Cait is almost immediately convinced it was murder, but finds it hard to determine just who might have benefited from it. A fast-paced, excellent mystery.
Arthur
Apr 19, 2013 Arthur rated it liked it
I found this book a worthy addition to the series. It was good, but not great. I enjoyed the characters and plot but found the relationship between Cait and Bud to be very stiff and uninteresting. Bud comes off as a somewhat pathetic puppy dog following Cait around. Hopefully, interest value in their relationship will improve in future volumes.
Melanie McKissock
Aug 23, 2014 Melanie McKissock rated it really liked it
Took me a little while to get into this book, but I'm so glad I did! This is a whodunit set in a Canadian winery, and what fun it is too! Our heroine is a middle aged crime profiler, who is drawn in to solving a mysterious death, amid a weekend of food and wine tasting. With a great setting and a colourful cast of suspects, this is a highly entertaining read.
Drianne
Apr 20, 2013 Drianne rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I was disappointed by this sequel to The Corpse With the Silver Tongue, which I had really liked. Cait seemed much more formulaic and Mary Sue-ish than in the first book, I couldn't for anything see what she saw in Bud, and the mystery plot was very, very thin. It was much too guessable. I hope any future books in the series return to the quality of the first.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Read to Death (A Read 'Em and Eat Mystery, #3)
  • Freezer I'll Shoot (Vintage Kitchen Mystery, #3)
  • You Cannoli Die Once (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #1)
  • A Purse to Die For
  • Deadly Desires at Honeychurch Hall (Honeychurch Hall Mystery, #2)
  • Buzzkill (Betsy Livingston / Pecan Bayou #4)
  • Move Your Blooming Corpse (Eliza Doolittle & Henry Higgins Mystery, #2)
  • Scent to Kill (A Natural Remedies Mystery #2)
  • Relatively Dead (Relatively Dead, #1)
  • Teacup Turbulence (Pet Rescue Mystery, #5)
  • Death in an English Cottage (Murder on Location #2)
  • Murder at Castle Rock (Amelia Grace, #1)
  • The Hanged Man's Noose (Glass Dolphin Mystery, #1)
  • Lethal Treasure (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #8)
  • Flappers, Flasks and Foul Play (A Jazz Age Mystery #1)
  • Heard It Through the Grapevine
  • Board Stiff (An Elliott Lisbon Mystery, #1)
  • Death al Dente (Food Lovers' Village Mystery, #1)
Welsh Canadian mystery author Cathy Ace is the creator of The Cait Morgan Mysteries. Born, raised and educated in Wales, Cathy enjoyed a successful career in marketing and training across Europe for twenty years before migrating to Vancouver, Canada. There she taught on MBA and Undergraduate marketing programmes at various Universities for a decade. Her eclectic tastes in art, music, food and drin ...more
More about Cathy Ace...

Cait Morgan (8 books)
  • The Corpse with the Silver Tongue (Cait Morgan #1)
  • The Corpse with the Emerald Thumb (Cait Morgan #3)
  • The Corpse with the Platinum Hair (Cait Morgan #4)
  • The Corpse With the Sapphire Eyes (Cait Morgan, #5)
  • The Corpse with the Diamond Hand (Cait Morgan #6)
  • The Corpse with the Garnet Face (Cait Morgan #7)
  • The Corpse with the Ruby Lips (Cait Morgan #8)