Start by marking “The 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity” as Want to Read:
The 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity

The 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity

Society today has a growing number of objections and concerns regarding Christianity. Why does a loving God let bad things happen? Would God really send someone to hell? And why is Christianity right and other religions are in error? Many Christians hear objections to Christianity and have a crisis of faith. Enter Alex McFarland, a seasoned apologist who is ready to explor ...more
Published May 7th 2007 by Regal

To ask other readers questions about The 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity

Jan 08, 2008 Peter rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Inquisitive young Christians
This book makes for some interesting reading, and is very handy as a resource of questions and answers to use in youth sessions for church or similar. However, on its own, the book is probably a little too intense for the intended teenage audience. Requires plenty of thinking, so it's definitely good for the inquisitive minds of anybody 18+.
Nina Singhapakdi
Apr 13, 2016 Nina Singhapakdi rated it really liked it
Shelves: christianity
I really enjoyed this book and it definitely helped to give me a logical basis for my faith in Jesus, not just a spiritual basis. I took off a star because in his explanations about things like the Crusades or other historical events, there were no citations so I had no way to check the academic validity of his sources and make sure that what he wrote was accurate and founded in solid research.
Logan Sharp
Oct 05, 2016 Logan Sharp rated it really liked it
Shelves: apologetics
I originally read this book in college, when I started taking my faith seriously when all others around me were not. Gave this another read as part of a study I am teaching to my youth group and it's a solid book. It's certainly not the best book on apologetics but it also never claims to be. Alex McFarland states clearly at the beginning of the book to use his book as a catalyst to study these issues deeper. I think he does a fair job of bringing some of the issues forward and introducing young ...more
Sep 22, 2016 Larry rated it it was ok
Pretty boring. Had some basic errors of fact particularly around the move to Sunday worship by the early christians. Overall - I can't recommend it except for those who only want a poorly written, basic, apologetics primer.
Josh Shearer
Feb 08, 2011 Josh Shearer rated it really liked it
In this short book comprised of what feels like scholarly essays more than chapters, Alex Mcfarland offers rebuttals to 10 of the most commonly asked questions regarding Christianity. Clear and concise, Mcfarland's take on these questions offers readers an easy to understand look at how Christianity handles some very controversial topics like "Why would God send people He loves to hell," and "How was the world created in only 7 days?" In my opinion, Mcfarland handles these questions with grace a ...more
Audra Falk
Aug 06, 2013 Audra Falk rated it really liked it
This is a good overall introduction to apologetics. It's not too long and it's not a hard read. Some of the best chapters for me were on the authenticity and accuracy of the Bible. I think every Christian should have a general knowledge of apologetics, and this book is very accessible for those who want to be informed about their faith but who don't want to go into a deep study.

That being said...this book is not going to satisfy every question about God's existence, creation, evolution, sufferin
Jun 02, 2010 Dominic rated it liked it
Recommends it for: budding christians
I was a bit dissatisfied with the last two sections of this book, but only in a relative sense towards the rest of the material. McFarland makes some extremely logical and inescapable arguments towards the existence and legitimacy of Jesus Christ, and he does so very eloquently. Overall, this book was a great "faith-strengthener", and it deserves 4.5 stars. A great read for budding Christians, long-time Christians, and atheists alike.
Apr 08, 2012 Vconner rated it it was amazing
The Bible tells us to be ready to give an account, to teach, and to grow. This book is a fantastic place to start to build a solid foundation in giving an answer to the tough questions Christians face ever day ( i.e. "isn't the Bible full of errors"). Let us do all we can do to give this world an accurate view of our foundation, our faith, and our triumph in Christ.
Bridget Neumann
Jul 20, 2012 Bridget Neumann rated it really liked it
I recommend this book to all. The information in this book will be helpful for the rest of your life. I found myself re-reading and highlighting many things that I will want to remember and refer back to. I especially liked his thoughts on what Alex refers to as the "Africa question". . . what about the salvation of those who never hear about Jesus. You'll just have to read this!!
Jul 23, 2012 Karl rated it liked it
Fine book overall, readable yet with the proper depth of research. Probably shouldn't be the final word on these 10 questions but great introduction to the need for and legitimacy of modern apologetics. Terrific chapter on the topic of suffering.
Jun 17, 2014 Jason rated it liked it
Pretty average apologetic. It's based mostly on evidential apologetics so on the historical side there's some interesting information. However, it is a problem that some of the sources of his answers are not referenced so any fallow-up is severely hampered.
Jul 16, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Christian apologetic book. Christian apologetics can often be a difficult topic. What I liked about this book was that it was very understandable and easy to read. I particularly liked his two chapters on the Bible. He had plenty of facts and I could follow his logic.
Aug 13, 2016 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Excellent book! Great for Christians, skeptics, and seekers alike. However, I personally was expecting to learn new arguments or research into those classic objections but that was not what I've found, which is the main reason why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5.
Brent Soderstrum
Jan 10, 2011 Brent Soderstrum rated it really liked it
My Bible study group just got done with reading this book and I found it very interesting. Hopefully it will arm me with responses for questions I get from my non-Christian friends. I sets out the 10 most common objections to Christianity and how to address them.
Jul 08, 2011 Kelli rated it really liked it
This is a very helpful and put together book. I read it a couple years ago for a study and thought Mcfarland had really stellar points. It also had great facts to it//great topics. Awesome book.
Jul 24, 2009 Phillip is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
The jury is still out, and I am still formulating my review on this. Will need to return to this later.
Nick Kendra
Nick Kendra rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2011
Kalen Bruce
Kalen Bruce rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Mr Colin Wood
Mr Colin Wood rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2016
Sally Cleminson
Sally Cleminson rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Ginger Parks
Ginger Parks rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013
Soli rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Joseph rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
Timothy Spencer Horne
Timothy Spencer Horne rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2013
Kevin rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2011
Zach Clay
Zach Clay rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2014
Sarah rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Amy rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Peter rated it did not like it
Oct 21, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • When God Goes to Starbucks: A Guide to Everyday Apologetics
  • Holman QuickSource Guide to Christian Apologetics
  • Stealing from God: Why Atheists Need God to Make Their Case
  • Politics - According to the Bible: A Comprehensive Resource for Understanding Modern Political Issues in Light of Scripture
  • The God Conversation: Using Stories and Illustrations to Explain Your Faith
  • 3 Crucial Questions about Spiritual Warfare
  • NIV, The Case for the Resurrection, Paperback: A First-Century Investigative Reporter Probes History's Pivotal Event
  • Five Views on Apologetics
  • Dethroning Jesus: Exposing Popular Culture's Quest to Unseat the Biblical Christ
  • A Better Way to Pray: If Your Prayer Life Is Not Working, Consider Changing Directions
  • The Reason for God: Conversations on Faith and Life, Study Guide & DVD
  • God Without Religion: Can It Really Be This Simple?
  • Defending Your Faith: An Introduction to Apologetics