Start by marking “Pokemon Graphic Novel, Volume 1: The Electric Tale Of Pikachu!” as Want to Read:
Pokemon Graphic Novel, Volume 1: The Electric Tale Of Pikachu!

Pokemon Graphic Novel, Volume 1: The Electric Tale Of Pikachu! (Pokemon Graphic Novel #1)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  1,017 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
-- Each volume collects an entire four-issue miniseries
Published September 5th 1999 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 1st 1999)

Pokémon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokémon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaPokemon Ultimate Handbook by Cris SilvestriPokémon Adventures, Vol. 4 by Hidenori KusakaPokémon Adventures by Hidenori Kusaka
Best Pokemon Books
26th out of 32 books — 27 voters
The Four-Star Challenge by Howard DewinPokémon Black and White, Vol. 12 by Hidenori KusakaPokémon Adventures, Volume 44 by Hidenori KusakaThe Best Of Pokemon Adventures by Hidenori KusakaI Choose You by Tracey West
Pokemon
15th out of 50 books — 8 voters

More lists with this book...

Ben
May 23, 2012 Ben rated it it was amazing
PIIKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...more
Sean Gray
Nov 12, 2007 Sean Gray rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
If your not a noob. This book is amazing.
James DeSantis
Jul 16, 2016 James DeSantis rated it liked it
Just re-read this for fun and it still holds up as fun dumb Pokemon story. The first issue and 2-3 are a lot of fun. 4 is really weak in comparison. Ash is a asshole kind of in this, which is refreshing. No one acts goody two shoes. Pikachu is even a bit of a ass. All in all good fun.
Killer400
gfgh
Greg Kerestan
Feb 03, 2016 Greg Kerestan rated it really liked it
I have fond childhood memories of reading this slightly weird graphic novel series. Here, the campy, candy-colored world of the anime series converged with the black and white, rambling weirdness of the original games. The humor is wackier, the girls are sexier, the adventures more surreal- it's the Pokémon world as if it were imagined by the fans.
Nicholai Castellanos
Sep 08, 2016 Nicholai Castellanos rated it it was amazing
This book brings awesomeness. I like this book because since I like pokemon. And I read this book because they all have cool attacks. And their types. I highly recommend this book because it's so cool.
Natalie
My parents somehow won a set of Ono's four-volume Pokemon manga, and my brother and I argued over them for hours. We both loved Pokemon and liked this series - and only liked because it was a lot different from the TV show in content, a surprise both fascinating and confusing at the time. The manga was darker and more violent than the show was, portraying characters a little less cliched and lovable; I appreciate that more now than I did at eight.

This is a fun read for Pokemon fans.
Writerdom1118
Aug 03, 2016 Writerdom1118 rated it liked it
Childhood.
Anna
Jan 16, 2016 Anna rated it really liked it
This is really a very good Pokemon manga. It isn't afraid to get a little dirty, it's well written/translated, and it's fun. I think the show failed to capture the story as well as this manga did. The whole world and story of Pokemon is so rich, even though I'm a little disturbed now thinking that 10-year-old kids can go off on their own and travel the world. I'll always treasure this manga as the very first that I ever bought.
Gunnar
Feb 24, 2012 Gunnar rated it really liked it
Interesting and far from what i expected - But not in a bad way!
I thought this book would be exactly like the pokemon anime, but was positively surprised when it showed much more depth than the average childs cartoon or graphic novel. The characters are not boring, straightforward and simple-minded, and the universe of the story is very immersive.
Sara
Jul 02, 2010 Sara rated it it was amazing
hahaha! bought this from bookmans for 50 cents..totaly worth it, its really old (almost 11 years or so) so the pages are yellow and bent but the magazeen itself is cool cuz u get to see the original art before it was turneed into a cartoon <3
Claire
Aug 07, 2014 Claire rated it really liked it
I read this when I was pretty little, but I remember strongly liking it - I don't remember why or when exactly, but seeing the cover again made me smile.
Megan
Jun 13, 2007 Megan rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all kids in the world
Shelves: shelfy
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! It may be a comic but i love comics! The storline? AWESOME! The characters? AWESOME! Everything? STINKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Misty
Nov 03, 2014 Misty added it
I really love pokemon. So this is one of my favorite books I have at home....(doesn't have anything to do with my name haha!)

David
Jan 13, 2015 David rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, read-comics
Not as serious as the TV Show and includes a lot of jokes among Ash and friends. Story is slightly different as well.
Laura Makar
Jul 26, 2012 Laura Makar rated it it was amazing
had the series of all 3 at one time. couldnt put these down as a kid. love the art work that was in the graphic novels.
William D.
Sep 14, 2009 William D. rated it it was amazing
This really was an asume book, i read i really enoyed it soo much
Andrew Reeve
Jun 11, 2013 Andrew Reeve rated it it was amazing
The best graphic novel I have read
Lauren
Loved this manga of Pokemon.
Chelsy
Feb 10, 2013 Chelsy rated it really liked it

yengyeng
Sep 26, 2011 yengyeng rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangamania
Pikachu=cuteness.
Sanwong
good
Waseem Lalili
Waseem Lalili rated it it was amazing
Aaren
Aaren marked it as to-read
Dominic
Dominic rated it it was amazing
Ava
Ava marked it as to-read
Kirsty
Kirsty marked it as to-read
Caleb Printup
Caleb Printup rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Dustin Phelps
Dustin Phelps marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
221 b Baker street: Pokemon go 9 17 Jul 25, 2016 07:20PM
pokemon 1 2 Mar 13, 2015 03:59PM
  • Saffron City Siege
  • Pokémon Mytery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team
  • The Official Pokémon Handbook
  • Let's Find Pokemon! Special Complete Edition: Find Pokemon Sp Ed
  • Charizard, Go! (Pokemon Chapter Book, #6)
  • Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire (Prima's Official Strategy Guide)
  • Pokémon Diamond & Pearl - The Official Pokémon Scenario Guide
  • Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Adventure!, Vol. 1
  • Pokemon Emerald: Prima Official Game Guide

Pokemon Graphic Novel (4 books)
  • Pokemon Graphic Novel, Volume 2: Pikachu Shocks Back (Viz Graphic Novel)
  • Pokemon Graphic Novel vol. 3: Electric Pikachu Boogaloo