Start by marking “Reclaimed” as Want to Read:
Reclaimed

Reclaimed

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  468 ratings  ·  106 reviews
Jenna Oliver doesn’t have time to get involved with one boy, let alone two.

All Jenna wants is to escape her evaporating small town and her alcoholic mother. She's determined she'll go to college and find a life that is wholly hers—one that isn't tainted by her family's past. But when the McAlister twins move to town and Jenna gets involved with both of them, she learns th
Published October 15th 2013 by Spencer Hill Contemp

To ask other readers questions about Reclaimed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reclaimed

The Moon and More by Sarah DessenThis is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithSalvation by Anne OsterlundOut of the Easy by Ruta SepetysPaper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
2013 Standalone Reading Challenge
85th out of 137 books — 315 voters
Splintered by A.G. HowardTaken by Erin BowmanMILA 2.0 by Debra DrizaThe Madman's Daughter by Megan ShepherdThe Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell
YA Debuts 2013
214th out of 523 books — 2,401 voters

More lists with this book...

Liza Wiemer
This is one of my top reads of 2013!!!!

RECLAIMED left me speechless, awed by an unexpected plot unlike anything I have ever read.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As I turned each page of RECLAIMED and got further and further into the novel, I was overwhelmed with the desire to race through to find out what would happen next. I had to force myself not to read too quickly or jump ahead. Thank goodness I didn’t, because that would have been a HUGE mistake. No matter how tempting, don’t do it.

When Jenna Oliver gets romantically in
Kate Kaynak
Wow. WOW. WOW!!! This is an AMAZING book. I finished reading the manuscript for Spencer Hill press a few days ago and it's STILL in my head.
Skye
Me when I started reading Reclaimed:

description
Yeah, pretty good so far...

Me when I got near the middle:

Wait... WHAT?!?

Me when I got to the end:

Mind. Blown.

It's extremely rare for me NOT to figure out a plot twist in a book or movie, but... yeah. This one got me. This one really got me.
Jen
Jul 03, 2013 Jen rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: bea13
Review to come closer to publication, HOWEVER,USING BOLD LETTERS HERE MEANS YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PAY ALL THE ATTENTION! This is one of those stories that you may *think* you have all figured out (because you are a smarty-pants) but you MUST READ UNTIL THE END because if you don't, you will miss out...Trust me. :D
Julia
"Tragedy had drawn us together, and it was tragedy that was going to keep us apart."

This book was brilliant. It was written beautifully. I loved the characters. LOVED the plot. I quite simply loved EVERYTHING about "Reclaimed". Definitely one of the best books I have read this year.
It's so underrated it hurts, I think everyone should read this.
I'm speechless.
Dahlia
I was lucky enough to get to copy edit this for work and it KILLED me not to be able to tweet all the beautiful lines I kept coming across. The writing is beautiful and the story definitely won't be what you expect!
Risbee
Several weeks ago, I was lucky enough to win this book through a contest hosted by Liza Wiemer on her blog, WhoRuBlog. Based on her own reviews, I found myself drawn to the premise of Reclaimed and out of all the books she offered, this book was the one that I said I wanted.

I chose right.

Now, while I didn't grow up with the same family dynamic as Jenna, I could appreciate her absolute desire to escape the small town where she grew up. I made that promise to myself early on and as I read her thou
Erin
Let's be honest. Through most of this book, I was all, "I know how this is going to end. You got nothing on me, Ms. Guillory. Pssh."

But then. THEN. I was wrong. And THEN? I was wrong AGAIN. And when it comes to reading, I love being wrong.

Many kudos to Sarah for writing a book that keeps you guessing. Loved the plot with all of its twists and turns.

In fact, I loved the plot ALMOST as much as Sarah's beautiful, lyrical, contemplative writing. Lines like this really made this book shine:

"I don't d
Megan Whitmer
Sarah's prose is gorgeous. I found myself stopping every now and then and reading lines over and over, just SO JEALOUS of the way she creates such beautiful images with her writing. I'm generally wary of multiple POV, because when it works, it's amazing, but when it doesn't, it really pulls me out of the story. In RECLAIMED, it was perfect, and the story really couldn't have been told any other way.

I won't give away the twist, but trust me- when you THINK you've guessed it, you're wrong. I was
Jaye
Wow. Lovely, lovely book. Thought I'd figured out the twist and though I was close, Guillory didn't reveal all her cards till the end and I was never 100% sure. So well done. And oh, the writing! So gorgeous. And the end was perfect. Gave me that swell of emotion that lets me know I've read a book worth reading.

For those who love heartfelt romance, a bit of a mystery, and beautiful words, Guillory's contemporary debut is not to be missed.

Multiple POV.
(Disclaimer: I don't give stars)
Michelle
I'm not sure there are words to accurately describe my love for this book. It's one that captures you from page one, and holds on to your heart until the very last line. And that line? FEELINGS. That's all I have to say about that.

Guillory crafted a story full of beauty, hope, and promise. I wish I could give this more than five stars. Phenomenal.

Katelyn (Tales of Books and Bands)
There were plenty of moments in this book that had me saying "Oh sh*t!" and "Shut the freaking front door!" and after I was about 75% through the book my stomach was in a constant knot. I never knew a love story could be so twisted (and I mean that in the best way possible!)

*Full review to come later!*
Brianna Shrum
The kind of book that reminds you why you love to read. Just....wow. Massive book hangover.
Diane Tonkovich
A must read for all YA lovers!
Ashley
L
May 15, 2014 L rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: favorite
***5 Stars***
Holy mother of mind-f*cks!!!!
Excuse my language by it's taking my brain a while to process what I just read.
First of all I cannot even believe this was the author's first book. The writing was poetic and beautiful and swept you away in a wave of emotion that you wouldn't have thought words on a page (or screen) would be able to evoke. To Mrs. Guillory

Now for the story...
Jenna is strong, smart and beautiful and bidding her time in Solitude, Arkansas until she can get away and find w
Katy Upperman
A novel that’s not at all what it initially seems. Young adult author Mindi Scott mentions that it “inspired an immediate reread” in a cover blurb, and I felt the same way. While I initially questioned the behavior of a few of the characters, it all made sense by the time I was through the truly twisty conclusion. A good read if you like mind-bending YA.
Emily
I loved this book! The writing is beautiful, the characters are flawless, and the setting is a place you don't want to leave. The storyline had me captivated and I could not put it down! Awesome read!!!
Nazarea
This is pretty much the biggest mind ^*^~ I've read in years. And I loved it, every single page of it. It's hard to write a book like this--and to do it well. This was above and beyond well. Kudos.
Tiffany Schmidt
I can't even wait for you all to read this book!
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Reclaimed Review on K-Books

Right from the moment I heard about this book I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I have been on a huge contemporary kick lately and I just thought this one sounded incredible. All my expectations for an awesome novel were met and completely surpassed. I loved every single second of this book and I couldn't put it down.

All Jenna wants is to graduate and get out of this deadend town where nothing happens other than having to look after her alcoholic mother. But then
Erin Arkin
Reclaimed is one of those stories that I went into thinking it was going to be the normal YA with some angsty love interest stuff and small town drama. I was pleasantly surprised when it turned into something more.

All Jenna wants is to get out of Solitude. She doesn’t want to be like her mom and not have a choice so she is doing everything in her power to make sure she gets out of the small town and all of the baggage that comes along with it. On an October day she won’t forget, she meets Ian M
Montana G.
Reclaimed is a book I’m very conflicted about. While it had an enticing plot line, both Jenna and a plot twist that confused me took away from the book.

Jenna, was an okay character, but I thought she was somewhat underdeveloped. The struggles she went through with her mom were terrible, but at the same time, I wanted to know more of her background and personality. Also, so many guys instantly fell in love with her the second they met her. I felt like a lot of the relationships in this book were
Van
This is one of the most awesome and mindfucking books I've read in a while. Right at the beginning, I was contemplating the possibility that the two brothers were the same person. Along the way, I figured that couldn't be true as they had different expressions and behaviour, which left me confused about the hospital scene. Then I figured that Luke must have pretended to be Ian at the hospital which Jenna also thought of and Luke admitted.

Then, the mindblowing truth. Seriously, throughout the who
AJ
RECLAIMED is both a kiss and a slap. There is all this sweet romantic tenderness mixed with addiction and ricocheting tragedy. It's a book that explores numerous relationships--both romantic and familial--and does them so deftly that it's almost impossible to believe this is from a debut author. It's that good.

And the writing. It's really lovely with atmospheric metaphors and accessibly lyrical phrasing. It's beautiful to read the way Sarah Guillory crafts her sentences. But more than the writin
StacyFace
Amazeballs!! I don't know how I stumbled upon this book but I started it without reading the synopsis and thank god for that! I would have never picked up this book because I abhor love triangles.

But this story is so much more than that that I can't even refer to it as such. Everything in the book felt so real, the description of the town, the family dysfunction, the pain...it was palpable.

Jenna is reeling from the loss of her grandpa and trying to hold together the unraveling of her alcoholic m
Kelley - Book Girl From South Carolina
I really enjoyed this book from Sarah Guillory.

It was fresh and exciting and intense. I loved the twists and turns and the basic notion behind it all. There were some amazing quotes too - and if you know me, you know I love a good quote.

What really stole my heart was the romance and the emotion that came across through the characters and the story - it was so heart felt and the development of all the characters seemed right on, not forced or fake.

If you like romance, and you like twists/turns -
Kristi Cook
Without a doubt, one of the best books I've read this year. An absolute gem! A strong heroine, interesting family matters, small-town southern setting (with an almost gothic feel), some absolutely beautiful prose, and a fascinating mystery combine with some plot twists that'll leave you breathless. I absolutely couldn't put it down!
Tiffany
I had the honor to read Reclaimed by Sarah Guillory before it came out, and I’m so excited that everyone can check it out now too! The beautiful thing about this book is that it feels so real. I believe this could have happened, I believe the characters, and the town of Solitude could be out there somewhere. I feel like the book’s strongest suit is that. That doesn't stop Reclaimed from also being poetic and highly quotable at times. Reclaimed isn't just another contemporary love story. It is ev ...more
  • Triangles (Bermuda Triangle, #1)
  • The Dollhouse Asylum
  • Meet Me at the River
  • Broken
  • This Is How I Find Her
  • Burning
  • Fault Line
  • Behind the Scenes (Daylight Falls, #1)
  • The Vow
  • Ink is Thicker Than Water
  • Tumble & Fall
  • Extracted (The Lost Imperials, #1)
  • Sing Sweet Nightingale (The Dream War Saga, #1)
  • Me, Him, Them, & It
  • Stalked by Death (Touch of Death, #2)
  • Our Song
  • Indigo
I am a high school English teacher and young-adult author. My debut novel, RECLAIMED, will be out with Spencer Hill Contemp October 2013.
More about Sarah Guillory...

“October had tremendous possibility. The summer's oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.” 4 likes