Start by marking “Justice for Sara” as Want to Read:
Justice for Sara

Justice for Sara

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,255 Ratings  ·  305 Reviews
When seventeen-year-old Katherine McCall awakened one morning to find her beloved sister, Sara, brutally murdered, her whole life changed in the blink of an eye. Kat was named the prime suspect and, on a string of circumstantial evidence, charged and tried. While the jury found her innocent, not everyone else agreed, and her only choice was to go into hiding. But she carri ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by St. Martin's Press (first published June 18th 2013)

Deanna
Sep 09, 2015 Deanna rated it really liked it
****This book has two different titles "Don't look Back" and "Justice for Sara"

They say you can't go home again....

Katherine McCall was a rebellious seventeen-year-old when her sister and guardian, Sara was brutally murdered. Due to the fact that her parents were also deceased and she was to inherit all of the family money, Katherine (Kat) was named as the prime suspect. She was charged but released as the jury found her innocent. However, not everyone agreed with this and she decided to go into
Alex is The Romance Fox
Katherine aka Kat McCall returns to the place where she had grown up, the small town of Liberty in Louisiana, which she had left 10 years previously after being charged and found not guilty, for the murder of her sister, Sarah.

She needs to find closure for the guilt she has about her sister’s death, which was not caused by her, and is also determined to find out who had killed her.

Once again, the author sets the story in a small town that holds secrets and people who are determined to stop her f
Sharon
Aug 14, 2014 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After ten long years Katherine McCall (Kat) is returning to her home in Liberty, Louisiana. This is where her sister, Sara was brutally murdered. Although Kat had been acquitted of Sara's murder she knew there would be people in the town who would still want nothing to do with her and believed she killed her own sister. But Kate wanted to prove those people wrong and she was determined to find the real killer.

In the meantime, Kat decides she wants to start up her own bakery business, but it seem
Brenda
Jul 23, 2014 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Brenda by: Vicki Tyley
Katherine McCall was finally returning to the cottage she had lived in with Sara ten years previously. After their parents had died, Sara became Kat’s guardian – they had always been close but then Kat suddenly became a rebellious teenager. She fully acknowledged the horrible, tormenting teen she had been, and knew that at seventeen years of age, Kat’s life had changed forever. Now with her return to Liberty, she hoped (but didn’t expect) the townsfolk would have moved on…

As she discovered graff
Michael
Oct 01, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat McCall has returned to her home town Liberty, Louisiana. Ten years earlier her life had changed forever after the brutal murder of her older guardian sister Sara. With both her parents and Sara dead things get even worse when she is accused of being the murderer. Found innocent by the jury not everyone is convinced of her innocence and she is forced to disappear to make a new life for herself.

Ten years later the town she returns to hasn't changed much with suspicions running deep and those a
Stefanie
Jun 27, 2013 Stefanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads, mystery
I won my copy of Justice for Sara by Erica Spindler through GoodReads FirstReads, and I LOVED it!! This masterfully constructed mystery is about a murder that happened ten years previously, the main suspect being the sister of the victim. After being acquitted of murdering her sister and leaving town, 27 year old Kat McCall moves back to her hometown ten years after the crime to seek the truth and get justice for her sister and hopefully reveal the real culprit. Kat has been receiving cryptic ta ...more
Amanda
Dec 29, 2014 Amanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True Spindler fashion!

A long time can of Ms. Erica.. I couldn't wait to read this book. Kept me engaged and I felt a connection to each character. She never fails to impress me. Put this or any of her books in your rotation you will not be disappointed!
Darcy
I sort of wished that I had given this one up. The heroine pulled so many TSTL stunts that I can’t believe that my eyes aren’t permanently in my head from rolling them. I have a hard time believing that Kat was so naïve as to believe that her going back home wouldn’t cause trouble.

I did like the relationship between Kat and Luke, but am not sure if I can buy into Luke not thinking of her as a criminal.

It seemed like the author wanted to put doubt on every character possible to be the killer. In
Samantha
While I did enjoy it, there were moments where the heroine made me upset. She was constantly playing investigator and putting her life on the line. The story is a bit predictable but I like the romantic elements. This is not my favorite by Ms. Spindler but I'll continue to pick up more of her books.
Sahara
Jul 15, 2014 Sahara rated it it was amazing
This book will have you trying to figure out who the killer is, with the turn of each page. As I read I would think, AHA! I KNOW WHO THE KILLER IS. Umm, no I didn't. I was so blindsided by the end. This story took so many unexpected turns that I felt suspicious of EVERYONE. haha

If you want a good crime mystery book, this one is it! I absolutely loved it. I have only read one other Spindler book, Shoking Pink (also a very good read)!

I will definitely be rereading this book in the future.

Looking
Donna
Mar 14, 2015 Donna rated it liked it
This was a book I needed to read in order to tick off a challenge task, but I probably would have picked it up on my own if I had come across it. It sounded like it was right up my ally. I like suspense....I like thrillers....and who doesn't like a great whodunnit? But this was just okay for me. Inspite of my list of dislikes with this one, there were things I felt that were done well, so I will go with 3 stars.

The ending wasn't a surprise, but I liked how things shifted. That was actually the p
Steph Dinning
Jul 07, 2015 Steph Dinning rated it it was amazing
Shelves: most-favourite
Oh my goodness what a brilliant book, brilliant characters, a brilliant plot and plenty of twists and turns right to the very end.
Kat McCall's sister Sara was murdered ten years ago and everyone thinks it was Kat as they were known to have a very turbulent relationship. But Kat is found not guilty but then she moves back home to Liberty to find her sisters killer.
I liked Kat from the start and I loved police officer Luke Tanner,he's her perfect knight in shiny armour ready to help her find the k
John
Aug 27, 2013 John rated it it was ok

Kat McCall comes back to the Louisiana small town where, ten years ago, she was tried and acquitted for the brutal murder of her sister and guardian, Sara. There's huge hostility from the locals, almost all of whom believe she dunnit. With the local acting sheriff, Luke Tanner -- son of the now terminally ill sheriff who did his utmost to get her put away -- Kate solves the mystery and sees justice finally done.

Although I found this a very fast read, I also found it a very irritating one -- and
Suspense Magazine
Aug 17, 2013 Suspense Magazine rated it it was amazing
What would you do if you’d been charged and acquitted for the grisly murder of your sister? You’d probably run off, lick your wounds, and learn to live a life as far away from the stress of your past as possible. That’s what I would do. But that’s not the case for Erica Spindler’s strong, independent, and determined protagonist in “Justice for Sara.” Spindler’s heroines are created with depth and an intensity of character that makes them a force to be reckoned with.
Katherine ‘Kat’ McCall was a
Sandra
Aug 01, 2015 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
If there are any lovers of mystery out there that love guessing who the killer is from the very first page, and love being taken down many twists and turns, then I’d say ‘Justice For Sara’ may be the book for you. I was expecting this book to be mediocre but it ticked off so many of my boxes!! I had my suspicions on who I thought the killer was but it wasn’t till about page 50 where I was pretty sure I was right. Cut to a few days later, I’m sitting in the living room hitting the sofa with such ...more
Elaine
Jun 17, 2013 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-read
[Note: I received an ARC of this book from the publisher]

When I started this book, I have to admit that I wasn't sure I was going to like it. Keeping the characters straight was a problem (keeping Sara and Kat straight was a big issue-- I had to keep looking at the title for a friendly reminder) and the style of jumping back and forth in time wasn't my favorite. However, the book quickly became a story I didn't want to put down. And I suspected the killer of Sara quite early in the story so it w
Sherree
Jan 30, 2015 Sherree rated it really liked it
I don't know why I avoided this book for so long. I checked it out from the library and then read every other book first. I really liked it. I got close to guessing who the ultimate "bad guy" was. The characters surrounding Kat were really unpleasant people. I can't imagine how she thought she would set up a bakery in that city, considering most of the residents wouldn't talk to her. At any rate, vindication is nice, and the ending was nice, and I found it to be a good read.
Milissa
Jan 07, 2015 Milissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You never really know people..

No matter how hard you try, you can never really know people. You think you do but all you see is their public image.

Kat was blamed for her sister's death ten years ago. They acquitted her but the town always blamed her. Kat has had a stalker for many years sending her notes demanding justice for Sara. Kat decides to go back to her hometown and investigate the crime herself. With a few great plot twists. Kat discovers that when it comes to money, no one can be trust
Kathy Kirby
Apr 09, 2013 Kathy Kirby rated it it was amazing
In two words LOVE THIS BOOK- ok that's three, but true none the less!!! It starts with Katherine McCall returning to her hometown, the scene of the crime so to speak, where she was wrongly accused and acquitted for murdering her sister 10 years before. As "Kat" tries to find the real murderer and "Justice for Sara" she is seeking redemption not only from the people of her hometown but also forgiveness for herself and her troubled past!! Love the small town feel of everyone knows everyone, but do ...more
Jeannette
Jan 16, 2015 Jeannette rated it really liked it
Justice for Sara is another outstanding Erica Spindler book. Kat returns to the scene of where her sister was murdered and she was accused. The real killer tries to keep the crime unsolved. With a couple of red-herrings and a bit of romantic interest. The story unwinds with violence and clues until Justice for Sara is finally achieved.
Karen Bullock
Jun 21, 2015 Karen Bullock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery-suspense
I love how authors always write within their place of living!! It's great to read about parts of Louisiana & try & guess which parts are completely fictional vs which ones are based off realistic places!! Love the momentum of the storyline!!!
Sharon Roddy
Jan 31, 2015 Sharon Roddy rated it it was amazing
An excellent thriller, just the right amount of tension, plenty of twists and surprises, trademark Erica Spindler. I'm going back through her previous novels to find the ones I've missed.
Jackie Stevens
Oct 05, 2015 Jackie Stevens rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this who-dun-it book. Kept me guessing until the end but after I finished the book I recognized some clues through out the book.
Laura Stanley
Jan 02, 2015 Laura Stanley rated it it was amazing
Really good book, couldn't put it down. Always something happening.
Emma Tasker
Jan 07, 2015 Emma Tasker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a sad story with a fantastic end
Holly
May 16, 2015 Holly rated it really liked it
My first book by Erica Spindler - but it certainly won't be my last! I really enjoyed this book - - its a whodunit....and even up to the last 100 pages I still wasn't sure. I love a book where the author takes the reader on a roller-coaster ride - by the last 100 pages Erica Spindler gave the reader reason to feel suspicion about every single character. She built the story in such a way that Katherine (the sister originally charged with the murder - but was then released) could possibly have be ...more
Lynn
Jan 15, 2015 Lynn rated it liked it
This is a chilling suspense novel about a woman who goes home ten years after her sister's murder to find the true killer. When seventeen-year-old Katherine McCall awakened one morning to find her beloved sister, Sara, brutally murdered, her whole life changed in the blink of an eye. Kat was named the prime suspect and, on a string of circumstantial evidence, charged and tried. While the jury found her innocent, not everyone else agreed, and her only choice was to go into hiding. But she carried ...more
Abby
Mar 14, 2015 Abby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this

Every chapter kept me wanting to read more I couldn't put it down. Definitely going to read more of Erica spindler books
george burns
Mar 01, 2015 george burns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strange Return

Katherine MaCall has returned to the small town of Liberty after an absence of ten years. She left after having been acquitted of the murder of her sister Sara who had been beaten to death with a baseball bat. Most people in Liberty think Kat was guilty and she is not welcome. Why has she returned? If she is innocent who is guilty? She finds a surprising ally in the acting police chief whose father was the chief who tried to have her convicted. Her investigative technique is primit
Deb Carlin
Aug 16, 2013 Deb Carlin rated it it was amazing
THIS was Erica Spindler's BEST book yet. I fell inlove with the two main characters. Great suspense, great twists and I really wanted to now who did it and had to read to the last page. Don't miss this one. A+
  • The Last Alibi (Jason Kolarich, #4)
  • Slices of Night
  • A Tap on the Window
  • The Shadow Tracer
  • No Escape (Texas Rangers, #2)
  • Life Sentences
  • Nightwatcher (Nightwatcher #1)
  • Stranded (Maggie O’Dell, #11)
  • The Girl Who Disappeared Twice (Forensic Instincts, #1)
  • Into the Dark
  • Sleight Malice
  • Where Angels Rest (Mann Family, #1)
  • Please Don't Tell
  • Carved in Darkness
  • Tell Me (Savannah #3)
  • The Cold Nowhere (Jonathan Stride, #6)
  • Aberration
  • Her Last Breath (Kate Burkholder, #5)
A New York Times and International bestselling author, Erica Spindler's skill for crafting engrossing plots and compelling characters has earned both critical praise and legions of fans. Her stories have been lauded as “thrill-packed page turners, white- knuckle rides and edge-of-your-seat whodunits.”

Erica loves meeting and interacting with her fans, both in person and online. She has a wicked se
More about Erica Spindler...