Tidal (Watersong, #3)

Tidal (Watersong #3)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  3,488 ratings  ·  329 reviews
The magical world of Watersong is about to change forever. The answers Gemma and her friends have been searching for are finally revealed - but evil is closing in and time is running out....

Gemma and Harper Fisher are facing the fight of their lives. Gemma has been cursed with extraordinary powers that have a terrifying dark side, but she's finally found what she needs - a

Published June 4th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published April 16th 2013)

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
401st out of 2,478 books — 12,482 voters
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn ChildsOf Poseidon by Anna BanksTempest Rising by Tracy DeebsEverblue by Brenda PandosRipple by Mandy Hubbard
YA Mermaid Novels
49th out of 113 books — 592 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
I feel like I just spent the past two hours reading a mermaid-related version of Real Housewives of Orange County. So much bitchiness. So much bickering. So much name-calling. So little combined intelligence in one single book. Apparently, daughters of men and daughters of Greek gods have one thing in common: idiocy.

Putting aside the unrealistic premise of mermaids this book, the whole story and the characters' actions are pretty lacking in credibility. I'm not talking about the fact that mermai...more
Soumi
I took part in lot of discussion based on Daniels immunity to siren's song, and when well I actually read this book, all I can say I was making a mountain out of a molehill.

HOLY MOTHER of..........that's Daniel...*faints* well, IDK but i'm having a feeling that he is a siren too.. And what the fuck Penn is doing with him...that bitch...leave him now!....aaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh
Annika
Whoa. Just whoa. Is that Daniel? BEYOND SEXY. (loving the tattoo, for sure) And from all the comments, that's Penn? I want to kill her. Total bitch. Why is she with Daniel?!

And now that I think of it, it does make a lot of sense for Daniel to be a siren. Or something related to a siren...

Back to the point: Killer gorgeous cover! Really need the book to come out though!! ;)

REVIEW:
June 5th, 2013

Wow. I don't even know what to say. Tidal was very interesting. I mean, yeah, I was pretty pissed at som...more
Hayden Casey
Something about Amanda Hocking is just extremely disappointing. Even when she does things right, which she does in TIDAL, it's hard to let go of the mistakes and blandness.

Review to come.
Sarah Bouwer
Loved this book! But preferred the last 2. Alert! if you havent read this book it might show spoilers

but i was so upset with the ending. i was like... Penn, crazy much? i honesly wanted to turn into a siren just so i could rip her head off.

honestly i think the siren thing is so cool! besides the curse bit. my family is convinced i am part fish anyway because i can swim for hours and not get wrinkled- so i just need to use that turning into a bird nd killing people thing. i could use it on a lot...more
Kadbury(Young Readers)
Oct 14, 2012 Kadbury(Young Readers) marked it as to-read
Shelves: cover-obsession
COVER'S SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IT HURTS MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES!!

*drools*
Cheryl
After being rescued by her sister, Harper and her boyfriend, Daniel, Gemma is back with her family. Unfortunately the sirens, Penn, Lexi, and Thea have followed Gemma back to her home town. They are in no hurry either to leave.

It seems that Penn has her eyes on Daniel. Also, she is on the look out for Gemma’s replacement. Once she finds her than Gemma is history. That is until Gemma and Harper can find a way to stop the girls without killing Gemma herself.

Tidal is the third book in the Waterso...more
Meryl
I think my biggest dislike about this series is that nothing happens for the first 75% of the book, and then there's a big fight, and somehow everything works out ok-ish at the end (or as ok as it can for a multi-book series). I will be SHOCKED if Gemma, Harper, Alex, and Daniel don't survive the end of the book. And I wouldn't be surprised if the following things happen either: a) Nathalie is somehow cured and comes home; b) Bernie's wife was a muse and is somehow the key to ending this curse;...more
Sel
Más largo que los anteriores, mantiene al lector pendiente de que pasará la mayoria del tiempo, hay ciertos cambios en los roles de los personajes y el final simplemente me encantó.
Esta saga mejora con el paso de los libros, me encanta y espero con ansias el cuarto!
Kayla Howse
Omg !!! The cover is so damn beautiful ! I seriously cannot wait for Tidal to come out !
Emma
Dec 03, 2012 Emma marked it as to-read
I can't wait to read it the wait is killing me ahhhhhh :/
Kelly Hager
This is the penultimate book in the series and I can't read to read book four (Elegy), which is out later this summer (early August). There are so many loose ends and after the way this book ended, I can't even imagine how crazy Elegy will be.

I preferred this series to her Trylle series and this book only reinforced that. Part of it, obviously, is that sirens trump trolls. ;) But I also feel that this book lends itself more to discussion if you have a YA book club. Is it better to be alive under...more
Tamara
3.5 stars again. The cover is weird, by the way. I saw a review somewhere that said it's Daniel and Penn. Penn?!

Things are starting to get kind of crazy. A lot of things happen, particularly at the end of the book.

I hate Penn. Like, really hate her. I did before, but now I hate her even more. (view spoiler)...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Right after reading Lullaby,I immediately picked up this book and WOW Nelly! Did it blow me away?
Remember in my Lullaby review I said things looked like they will get worse or put to the test? Yup. Ms. Hocking took this up several levels leaving the reader absolutely astonished. I think when I was done with the book I just could not believe that in the short time that I read it, it all changed so quickly. Some characters were killed off, others were added, deadly betrayals of deals were made and...more
Chelsey
What an amazing cover! I have read a few places on the web that people speculate this is Daniel and Penn. I am not sure, but this is definitely my favorite cover in the series yet. In the third book in this series, Gemma, with the help of Harper and her boyfriend, Daniel, has been reunited with her family and pulled away from the other sirens, Lexi, Penn, and Thea. Gemma and her sister are continuing to try and break the curse of being a siren, but the other sirens, led by Penn, are not far behi...more
Alexandra Ray
I really don't understand why I continue reading this series because it lacks a serious amount of depth that any book should require. All I can say is that the plot to Tidal was vastly more interesting than the previous two books in this series and I am curious to see what happens in the last book. But the characters are vapid and, dare I say it, just plain stupid. The only one who is remotely real, with a unique character and depth, is Daniel, and even he is lacking in some respects.

Maybe I ha...more
Emma (Emz)
It is amazing it has real emotion and u was crying but the plot sort of sucks it is like boom here is a massive clue then boom another clue yet they don't bloody get it.
Okay I want to have a little rant at this books characters:
Harper needs to stop being so protective and live yes her mum got brain damage and she got a scar on her leg but she doesn't have to take over the roll as mother.
Gemma needs to face the facts she is a siren and she will die if she doesn't try and get along with the othe...more
Gabby
Candace (Lovey Dovey Books)
Protect your cuticles readers, because Amanda Hocking is raising the standard for supernatural suspense! Tidal, the third nail-biting installment to the Watersong series, is keeping the sirens in Capri and with Harper gearing up to leave for college, the race to free Gemma from the sirens is more dire than ever.

Oh, how much has changed since Lullaby. Gemma and Alex are no longer an inseparable item, but what really stuns me is the aftermath of Gemma's siren song taking effect on Alex. His change...more
Lightning
Tidal more like Joke's on You, Reader!
Amanda Hocking continues to push this series at readers, hoping that maybe this time around that they'll actually enjoy themselves. See guys, I'm not writing about vampires or angels or zombies, I'm writing about scary mermaids? Aren't I a trend setter?
No, you're not. In fact, the events of this entire series (especially Tidal) feel like something the CW shit out for a new summer line up. We've got drama, boys, sex, and blood! What's not to love?
Eugh.
(I'll...more
Brenda ♥Queen of Aces (Asexuals)♥
Zoë
I'm happy I took my time reading since so it isn't a tortuous wait for the final book in the series.

In this installment in the Watersong series, it is a race to the finish line as sister: Harper and Gemma try desperately to find a cure to the Siren Curse before Penn and Lexi find Gemma's replacement and kill her.
As usual we have Harper and Gemma's point of views as well as a few new additions which includes sexy Daniel, evil Penn and also flashbacks to the original four sirens from Thea's point...more
Inkyfox
You can also find my review here: http://ireviewyalit.blogspot.ca/2014/...

Introduction
Gemma can’t cope with being a siren, so she is desperate to find a way out. She discovers that she needs to find the scroll with the siren curse written on it to put an end to it. Unfortunately, if Gemma returns to normal, it means the death of the other sirens. Therefore, the other sirens will not willingly hand over the scroll. On the other hand, Penn wants to replace the whining Gemma, and Penn also has her...more
Ada
My current thought process is as follows:

The next and final installment in the series is about 500 pages long. How functional would I be with no sleep tonight and how far would I make it into the next book in that amount of time? I would probably have to stop about 100 pages shy before heading to work. So, mission is a positive no-go since it will lead the longest, crappiest day ever leaving in an "almost" book hangover phase. Ultimate fail. Tomorrow! Tomorrow, I will come for ELEGY!
Courtney
Phil
ASFHASDIFOESFCSNKFS! THIS SERIES!!!! LIKE ACTUALLY WHATT?!?!?!?!?! BLAHHH SOO GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD! I cant even handle this series anymore, like blah! OHMUHGOD! what the actual fuck, SO GOOD. Can NOT WAIT for Elegy!!! BLah so good! Full review of this up on the blog on thursday! but just wow, this is the most consistent series i have read in a LOOONNNG time, maybe even ever
Agustina Gonzalez
I love how I can easily fall into a Amanda Hocking book, especially when I'm having an reading slump.

By so far Tidal is my favorite book in the series. We actually got to meet more about the sirens, and how they became to be the monsters they are now. Now I just want get my hands in the next book.
Whitney
I just finished lullaby... I NEED TIDAL NOW!!!!!!!!!! Alex needs to remember his love of Gemma and they need to be together.. And Daniel and Harper need to stay together. Penn and Lexi better not ruin those relationships more. BUT I NEED TIDAL NOW, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimberley Ang
the 2nd book was great which gave me a reason to continue this series. But then the 3rd turn out to be boring. i almost gave up. It took me FOREVER to finish it.

Well... i had enough with the Watersong series.It`s bringing me NOWHERE.

except for the interesting cliffhanger at the end
Carla Fancelli
Hasta el momento ha sido el mejor de esta tetralogía. Y muchísimo más que 'Lullaby', en el cual sigue siendo para mí, irrelevante para la historia.
Me ha gustado muchísimo, porque es un libro más animado que los anteriores, más fluido, con una pizca de tensión. Me ha provocado uno que otro sentimiento y hasta le he agarrado cariño a Harper y Daniel, y pensé que no me vería involucrada con ningún personaje. Me encanta Harper, creo que finalmente si me vi relacionada con ella, por el hecho de que a...more
What book did you like the best out of the watersong series 10 22 Jan 20, 2014 01:00PM
Making Connections: Giveaway: Tidal by Amanda Hocking 1 7 Jul 29, 2013 10:25PM
Goodreads Authors...: Giveaway: Tidal by Amanda Hocking 1 5 Jul 29, 2013 10:24PM
Can't wait 1 19 Feb 22, 2013 05:54PM
  • The Twice Lost (Lost Voices, #3)
  • Tempest Revealed (Tempest, #3)
  • Mystic (Soul Seekers, #3)
  • Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2)
  • The Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep #2)
  • Dark Water (Siren, #3)
  • Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • After Daybreak (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #3)
  • Of Neptune (The Syrena Legacy, #3)
  • Fury's Fire (Siren's Storm, #2)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • Autumn (Dog Days #1)
  • Storm Born, #1 (Dark Swan Comic)
  • This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close to You, #2)
  • Embracing the Wolf (Ritter Werewolves, #2)
I live in Minnesota, and I write young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy mostly. The My Blood Approves series is about vampires in Minneapolis, and its available now. I also wrote the Trylle Trilogy, which is a paranormal romance without vampires, shifters, mermaids, fae, angels, dragons, ghosts, or ninjas.

My latest book is Hollowland - a zombie urban fantasy set in the dystopian near fu...more
More about Amanda Hocking...
Switched (Trylle, #1) Torn (Trylle, #2) Ascend (Trylle, #3) My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) Fate (My Blood Approves, #2)

“There's one good thing about making mistakes.' Thea turned to her with a smile. 'You learn not to make them again.” 9 likes
“Nope. I'm just going to a bookstore,' Gemma replied. 'How dangerous could that be?” 4 likes