Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days, #2)

Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days #2)

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  1,839 ratings  ·  149 reviews
The addictive and enticing second book in Vina Jackson’s international bestselling romance trilogy

Recently settled in New York, flame-haired musician Summer Zahova is enjoying life as a violinist with a major orchestra. Under the watchful eye of Simón, her striking Venezuelan conductor, both Summer and her career flourish. But a new city, and newfound success, bring fresh...more
ebook, Nook, 336 pages
Published October 23rd 2012 by Open Road Media Romance (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eighty Days Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eighty Days Blue

Becs - Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
This is another dark, edgy journey along the tumultuous path that is Dominik and Summer’s relationship.

We re-join them in a rare moment of happy contentment in New York standing beneath the four sided clock in Grand Central Station – it’s an incredibly atmospheric scene as they share a meal of oysters and go back to Dominik’s hotel room for an afternoon of erotic pleasure.

But it really doesn’t last for this seriously dysfunctional couple as sadness soon begins to seep into the narrative and insi...more
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
This review contains Minor Spoilers in a marked off section
3.5 to 4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance-Erotica
Series: Book #2 in the Eighty Days series
WARNING- This book and review is for persons 18yrs and older. It contains strong adult themes. Reader Discretion is Advised.

Honestly I do not even know where to begin..... Just when you think it can't get any darker. The dim lights flicker out. Pitch. Black.

'Summer had this power to evoke his secret ghost, draw them out, whisper disgraceful thing...more
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 5 out of 5 for the cover, i love it. 4 for the title.
Favorite Line - "If ever there was a woman who didn't need an aphrodisiac, Summer, it's you"
Favorite Character - Summer.

That book! That ending! Jesus Christ. Amazing.

The reason the book did not get 5 stars is that there is a part of the book that i actually found hard to read, I wont spoil it for you and explain where. My comfort level when it comes to kink is not as high as some so the part that made me feel uncomforta...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 24, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: publisher
Shelves: arcs, reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: HOT
Overall: That ending left me unhappy
Characters: Solid
Plot: A long string of events to continue to thwart a relationship
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Dominik

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Where the first book shocked me, this one disappointed me. Not rating, but how the characters behaved. In the end, I was more disappointed with Summer. I honestly felt bad for Dominik. Their relationship if you...more
Well this 2nd book in the series is a vast improvment on the 1st. The characters evolved in this section of this story & bought quite a few questions with them. Communication is not one of their strong abilities & if they could get that part happening, they may have avoided a lot of heart ache. I know in myself i'm not that into the group scene, but at least in this book it fitted in with the direction of where they were heading with the main characters. It will be such a battle for them...more
Callixta

Après le désastre qu’était le premier tome, il m’a fallu un peu de volonté pour me lancer dans le lecture du deuxième livre de la trilogie de Vina Jackson. Le résultat est mitigé, moins catastrophique que le premier tome mais il reste encore beaucoup de chemin à parcourir pour en faire une grande série.

Tout d’abord, pour tous ceux qui avaient lancé le premier tome à grand renfort de " vous allez enfin décrire le vrai bdsm », la déception sera grande. Ces p...more
Emma-Louise
To say I have been eagerly awaiting this book would be an understatement and it did not disappoint! The relationship between Summer and Dominik, with its complications and its complexities, is as infuriating as it is intriguing. One chapter you're desperately rooting for them and the next you want to bang their heads together! It's maddening and addictive. An emotional roller-coaster that certainly lives up to its namesake of "Blue". It is a lot more melancholy than the first book, and while it...more
Helena

I enjoyed this book more than the first, even though some of the sex scene's were quite tough to read, it was hard to understand why a women would put herself in the situations summer found herself in in the book. I found myself getting frustrated with her, it wasn't the BDSM it was the the way she felt the need to be used by any male.

Ricarda Scola
Inhalt:

Nach ihrer Versöhnung müssen sich Summer und Dominik wieder trennen – immerhin leben sie auf verschiedenen Kontinenten. Beide plagt die Angst, ob ihre eh schon lockere Beziehung diese Distanz übersteht, sodass sich Dominik für ein Stipendium für ein Forschungsprojekt in New York bewirbt. Glücklicherweise wird er genommen und die beiden ziehen zusammen in ein Loft. Alles könnte so schön sein – wäre da nicht die Musik und Viktor, die den beiden immer im Wege stehen…

Eigene Meinung:

„80 Days –...more
catiliane
80 Days - Die Farbe der Lust war schon unterhaltsam und hocherotisch. Teil zwei der Trilogie steht dem in Nichts nach, vielmehr hatte ich das Gefühl, dass es immer weiter in die Tiefen der Erotikszene abdriftet und sämtliche Praktiken der Kinky-Szene mal mehr oder weniger ausführlich behandelt werden.

Dabei darf der Sprachstil dann natürlich nicht zu blumig sein, sondern ist, wie aus Teil eins bekannt, eher harsch. Hure, Möse, Schwanz sind Wörter die hier zum Standardwortschatz gehören.

Nach wie v...more
A.R. Von
This is the second book in the Eighty Days series and I enjoyed it even more than the first! It has a bit more romance involved this time. More than the last. I found it to be calmer in the BDSM aspect but no less erotic and engrossing. Eighty Days Blue can be read as a stand alone if desired. It covered enough for the reader not to be lost even though it's part of a series. Once again, I do not recommend this book to everyone. Those who like to venture into the BDSM scene are comfortable with s...more
Maria Stefanou
Ογδόντα ημέρες κίτρινο ο τίτλος του πρώτου βιβλίου και 80 ημέρες μπλε του δεύτερου. Όσον αφορά εμένα προσωπικά τα μετονομάζω και τους δίνω τον γενικότερο τίτλο 30 μέρες ταλαιπωρίας για να τα διαβάσω, αφού κατάφεραν να μου κόψουν τελείως την όρεξη για διάβασμα.

Από το πρώτο κιόλας βιβλίο πήρα μία γεύση περί τίνος πρόκειται και οι εντυπώσεις μου δεν ήταν οι καλύτερες. Η μανία μου όμως να συνεχίσω ώστε να μην αφήσω την ιστορία στη μέση με οδήγησε σ' αυτό το ανούσιο βασανιστήριο.

Δεν υπάρχουν πολλά γ...more
Nina
*[ACHTUNG, diese Rezension ist FSK 18!]*
*[Kann Spoiler enthalten!]*

*Inhalt*
Summer und Dominik wohnen nun zusammen in New York und Summer spielt in einem großen Orchester, unter der Leitung eines bekannten Dirigenten. Dieser legt ihr ans Herz eine Solokarriere zu starten und so stürzt sich Summer Hals über Kopf in neue Abenteuer.. als ihr ehemaliger Liebhaber Victor dann wieder auftaucht, droht er alles zu zerstören...

*Erster Satz des Buches*
"Mitten im Grand Central Terminal küsste er mich."

*Fazi...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Η αλήθεια είναι πως όταν κυκλοφόρησε το "Ογδόντα Ημέρες Κίτρινο", δεν ήταν πολλοί οι φίλοι και οι γνωστοί μου που το αντιμετώπισαν με ενθουσιασμό. Οι περισσότεροι θα τολμούσα να πω πως ένιωσαν αποστροφή ως προς το θέμα που πραγματευόταν, πράγμα που πιστεύω πως οφείλεται ξεκάθαρα στην αρνητικότητά τους απέναντι στο φετιχισμό και ότι αυτός συμβολίζει και εκπροσωπεί. Και προσωπικά, μπορώ να το κατανοήσω, έστω κι αν δεν το αποδέχομαι, για διάφορους λόγους. Όπως και να 'χει, και άσχετα από το τι έλεγ...more
Marleen
Copy received from Orion Books through Book Geeks

“Doms, subs it happens gradually, almost without your being aware of it. Until the day comes when you assume it fully, accept it, banish the personal doubts. It’s nature, not nurture, you see.”

Except that in reality it is never that simple. Rarely do we grow into something new without some obstacles getting in the way as Dominik and Summer are about to find out in this, the second instalment in the Eighty Days trilogy.

Violinist Summer Zahova is ha...more
Marika
Plot: Recently settled in New York, Summer is playing the violin in a major orchestra. Under the direction of Simon the conductor, her career flourish. In a new city there are new temptations and she is lured back to a dangerous underground world. meanwhile Dominik, frustrated by his life in London without Summer, is drawn to New York to be with her.

I liked this book, but I still prefer the first one, probably because Summer is not with Dominik and she end up with a mean man called Victor. They...more
Tracey

I wasn't sure whether to read this or not as parts of book one disturbed and I'm no prude!! But I am glad I did as it showed the development of there relationship /connection and more of an understanding of both main characthers, with twists here and there I raced thru this book, not as sexual as previous book, but still plenty of it! And can I just say I hate victor !!
Looking forward to book 3 now :)
Chloe
For me this book was not initially as gripping as it's predecessor, and took me a long time to finally settle down and start reading it properly. However, I am glad I persevered, as there was more body in the storyline, more background which further brought our protagonists to life. And the twist at the end, though predictable, was still emotional no less. I cannot wait to start on book 3. Thank you Vina Jackson,
Natalie Townsend
I started reading this book because of it being compared to Fifty shades of grey. The writing in this book is 100% to FSG but I didn't understand the girl in the book Summer. What brings a woman to be treated like that. Maybe I don't understand BDSM but I couldn't get my head around someone wanting to be used like that, when she had a guy like Dominic. This is why I could only give it 3 stars.

Charmaine
I was a bit short with imagination, though the steamy scenes represented by words were vivid in my head. It was tragic, a form of complexities beyond love. The physicality, the need, the urge came first before love itself.
I was intoxicated by the theme, it was a distorted relationship. The depth I was looking for, was just depth in using words.
Vanessa Montês
Estou tão indecisa com a qualificação a dar a este livro... Por um lado tem uma linguagem porca nas cenas de sexo que ODEIO!! Por outro lado este livro tem alguma história entre as personagens sendo os medos e receios destes desenvolvidos... fiquei muito indecisa. Por outro lado achei-o melhor do que o livro anterior :)
Sashi
The book is the continution from Eighty Days yellow. In this book it started well until the past has to catch up and Victor.. man I hate the devil. The book was slowly progressing until Victor decided to throw his bad action in it. It was really fun reading the last few chapters but it is sad that Dominic and Summer need to split.

I am really looking forward for the content in the book Dominic published in order to know his perceptive. I feel the story just got little bit spiced up.

Vina jackson...more
PepsiGirl
I agree with others that Summer is a bit messed up, however Dominick is starting to pass her in his twisted desires and experiences he had in this second story. The writing is far superior to the smut FSOG.
Ana Barbosa
Apesar de francamente melhor que o primeiro da série continuo a não ser fã desta escritora:(

A minha opinião aqui:

I.Am.Reader
Quite a roller coaster of kink. The writing is smooth and mellow, the events are dark and slow, the main characters are as screwed up as ever.
This book requires a patient and open minded reader.
Danni Khan
love love love this book! i enjoyed reading about summer and dominik's adventures and all the twists and turns this author brought to the table!! so excited to get into the rest of the series..
Zoe
I found this slow to begin with but boy did it grip me from midway... much better than the first n I have now built up a connection with dominik, looking forward to red!
Stefania Gartz
πιο soft σε σχεση με το πρωτο..δε θα ελεγα οτι μου αρεσε ουτε οτι δε μου αρεσε..αδιαφορο εντελως..περασε και δε κολλησε που λενε..
Marino Hau
Hurry up 'Eight days of Red'........... I should've waited for the last book before reading the first two ahhhhh!
Tonya
Why oh why do I torture myself? I just can't stay away form a series even when I didn't care for book 1.
  • Destined to Feel (Avalon Trilogy #2)
  • Dark Secret
  • The Ninety Days of Genevieve
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • Fire After Dark (After Dark, #1)
  • Blue Ice (Ice # 1)
  • Sapphire (Facets of Passion #1)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • My Body-His (My Body Trilogy, #1)
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4)
  • Taught to Kneel
  • Total Abandon
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • In Too Deep
  • Skin (Hot Cops, #2)
  • A Good Student
  • The Dark Garden
Vina Jackson is the pseudonym for two established writers working together for the first time. One a successful author, the other a published writer who is also a city professional working in the Square Mile.
More about Vina Jackson...
Eighty Days Yellow (Eighty Days, #1) Eighty Days Red (Eighty Days, #3) Eighty Days Amber (Eighty Days : Companion, #1) Eighty Days White  (Eighty Days : Companion, #2) Mistress of Night and Dawn