Start by marking “Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days, #2)

Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days #2)

3.37  ·  Rating Details ·  2,384 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
The addictive and enticing second book in Vina Jackson’s international bestselling romance trilogy

Recently settled in New York, flame-haired musician Summer Zahova is enjoying life as a violinist with a major orchestra. Under the watchful eye of Simón, her striking Venezuelan conductor, both Summer and her career flourish. But a new city, and newfound success, bring fresh
ebook, Nook, 336 pages
Published October 23rd 2012 by Open Road Media Romance (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eighty Days Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eighty Days Blue

~ Becs ~
This is another dark, edgy journey along the tumultuous path that is Dominik and Summer’s relationship.

We re-join them in a rare moment of happy contentment in New York standing beneath the four sided clock in Grand Central Station – it’s an incredibly atmospheric scene as they share a meal of oysters and go back to Dominik’s hotel room for an afternoon of erotic pleasure.

But it really doesn’t last for this seriously dysfunctional couple as sadness soon begins to seep into the narrative and insi
Alexis *Reality Bites*
This review contains Minor Spoilers in a marked off section
3.5 to 4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance-Erotica
Series: Book #2 in the Eighty Days series
WARNING- This book and review is for persons 18yrs and older. It contains strong adult themes. Reader Discretion is Advised.

Honestly I do not even know where to begin..... Just when you think it can't get any darker. The dim lights flicker out. Pitch. Black.

'Summer had this power to evoke his secret ghost, draw them out, whisper disgraceful thin
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 5 out of 5 for the cover, i love it. 4 for the title.
Favorite Line - "If ever there was a woman who didn't need an aphrodisiac, Summer, it's you"
Favorite Character - Summer.

That book! That ending! Jesus Christ. Amazing.

The reason the book did not get 5 stars is that there is a part of the book that i actually found hard to read, I wont spoil it for you and explain where. My comfort level when it comes to kink is not as high as some so the part that made me feel uncomforta
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 29, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: publisher
Shelves: reviewed, arcs
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: HOT
Overall: That ending left me unhappy
Characters: Solid
Plot: A long string of events to continue to thwart a relationship
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Dominik

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Where the first book shocked me, this one disappointed me. Not rating, but how the characters behaved. In the end, I was more disappointed with Summer. I honestly felt bad for Dominik. Their relationship if you
Bine
Oct 03, 2016 Bine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eine sehr besondere Buchreihe wie ich finde. Der Schreibstil und die Wortwahl sind für einen Erotikroman sehr gut. Vina Jackson schafft es, das zu transportieren, was sie transportieren will. Sie schafft gute Atmosphäre in Sexszenen und auch Städte, Länder und Landschaften sind hier toll beschrieben. Einzelne Szenen machen also immer wieder sehr viel Spaß zu lesen... Wenn da nicht noch das Problem mit der Handlung wäre. Denn die ist so gut wie gar nicht vorhanden und wenn dann sehr unzusammenhän ...more
Callixta
Aug 21, 2013 Callixta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Après le désastre qu’était le premier tome, il m’a fallu un peu de volonté pour me lancer dans le lecture du deuxième livre de la trilogie de Vina Jackson. Le résultat est mitigé, moins catastrophique que le premier tome mais il reste encore beaucoup de chemin à parcourir pour en faire une grande série.

Tout d’abord, pour tous ceux qui avaient lancé le premier tome à grand renfort de " vous allez enfin décrire le vrai bdsm », la déception sera grande. Ces p
Sep 17, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Well this 2nd book in the series is a vast improvment on the 1st. The characters evolved in this section of this story & bought quite a few questions with them. Communication is not one of their strong abilities & if they could get that part happening, they may have avoided a lot of heart ache. I know in myself i'm not that into the group scene, but at least in this book it fitted in with the direction of where they were heading with the main characters. It will be such a battle for them ...more
Emma-Louise
Aug 26, 2012 Emma-Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic-fiction
To say I have been eagerly awaiting this book would be an understatement and it did not disappoint! The relationship between Summer and Dominik, with its complications and its complexities, is as infuriating as it is intriguing. One chapter you're desperately rooting for them and the next you want to bang their heads together! It's maddening and addictive. An emotional roller-coaster that certainly lives up to its namesake of "Blue". It is a lot more melancholy than the first book, and while it ...more
Helena
Sep 22, 2012 Helena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed this book more than the first, even though some of the sex scene's were quite tough to read, it was hard to understand why a women would put herself in the situations summer found herself in in the book. I found myself getting frustrated with her, it wasn't the BDSM it was the the way she felt the need to be used by any male.

Ricarda Scola
Jan 21, 2013 Ricarda Scola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotic
Inhalt:

Nach ihrer Versöhnung müssen sich Summer und Dominik wieder trennen – immerhin leben sie auf verschiedenen Kontinenten. Beide plagt die Angst, ob ihre eh schon lockere Beziehung diese Distanz übersteht, sodass sich Dominik für ein Stipendium für ein Forschungsprojekt in New York bewirbt. Glücklicherweise wird er genommen und die beiden ziehen zusammen in ein Loft. Alles könnte so schön sein – wäre da nicht die Musik und Viktor, die den beiden immer im Wege stehen…

Eigene Meinung:

„80 Days –
A.R. Von
Sep 12, 2012 A.R. Von rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Eighty Days series and I enjoyed it even more than the first! It has a bit more romance involved this time. More than the last. I found it to be calmer in the BDSM aspect but no less erotic and engrossing. Eighty Days Blue can be read as a stand alone if desired. It covered enough for the reader not to be lost even though it's part of a series. Once again, I do not recommend this book to everyone. Those who like to venture into the BDSM scene are comfortable with s ...more
Riad Mawas
Aug 24, 2015 Riad Mawas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars !
This is another part of a great book. Although I got bored in a few parts, but I will not hesitate to buy the third part. I loved the ending so so much so that Im excited to know what will Summer do.
H.
If the first book was about awakening, this one was about growing pains and falling apart. For its complexity, it was better than its predecessor. Onto the next!
Victalian
Mucho más aburrido que el primero
Nina
Dec 26, 2012 Nina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*[ACHTUNG, diese Rezension ist FSK 18!]*
*[Kann Spoiler enthalten!]*

*Inhalt*
Summer und Dominik wohnen nun zusammen in New York und Summer spielt in einem großen Orchester, unter der Leitung eines bekannten Dirigenten. Dieser legt ihr ans Herz eine Solokarriere zu starten und so stürzt sich Summer Hals über Kopf in neue Abenteuer.. als ihr ehemaliger Liebhaber Victor dann wieder auftaucht, droht er alles zu zerstören...

*Erster Satz des Buches*
"Mitten im Grand Central Terminal küsste er mich."

*Fazi
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Η αλήθεια είναι πως όταν κυκλοφόρησε το "Ογδόντα Ημέρες Κίτρινο", δεν ήταν πολλοί οι φίλοι και οι γνωστοί μου που το αντιμετώπισαν με ενθουσιασμό. Οι περισσότεροι θα τολμούσα να πω πως ένιωσαν αποστροφή ως προς το θέμα που πραγματευόταν, πράγμα που πιστεύω πως οφείλεται ξεκάθαρα στην αρνητικότητά τους απέναντι στο φετιχισμό και ότι αυτός συμβολίζει και εκπροσωπεί. Και προσωπικά, μπορώ να το κατανοήσω, έστω κι αν δεν το αποδέχομαι, για διάφορους λόγους. Όπως και να 'χει, και άσχετα από το τι έλεγ ...more
Marleen
Oct 04, 2012 Marleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Copy received from Orion Books through Book Geeks

“Doms, subs it happens gradually, almost without your being aware of it. Until the day comes when you assume it fully, accept it, banish the personal doubts. It’s nature, not nurture, you see.”

Except that in reality it is never that simple. Rarely do we grow into something new without some obstacles getting in the way as Dominik and Summer are about to find out in this, the second instalment in the Eighty Days trilogy.

Violinist Summer Zahova is ha
Maria Stefanou
Ογδόντα ημέρες κίτρινο ο τίτλος του πρώτου βιβλίου και 80 ημέρες μπλε του δεύτερου. Όσον αφορά εμένα προσωπικά τα μετονομάζω και τους δίνω τον γενικότερο τίτλο 30 μέρες ταλαιπωρίας για να τα διαβάσω, αφού κατάφεραν να μου κόψουν τελείως την όρεξη για διάβασμα.

Από το πρώτο κιόλας βιβλίο πήρα μία γεύση περί τίνος πρόκειται και οι εντυπώσεις μου δεν ήταν οι καλύτερες. Η μανία μου όμως να συνεχίσω ώστε να μην αφήσω την ιστορία στη μέση με οδήγησε σ' αυτό το ανούσιο βασανιστήριο.

Δεν υπάρχουν πολλά γ
Marika
Mar 16, 2013 Marika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot: Recently settled in New York, Summer is playing the violin in a major orchestra. Under the direction of Simon the conductor, her career flourish. In a new city there are new temptations and she is lured back to a dangerous underground world. meanwhile Dominik, frustrated by his life in London without Summer, is drawn to New York to be with her.

I liked this book, but I still prefer the first one, probably because Summer is not with Dominik and she end up with a mean man called Victor. They
Mar 27, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
My husband bought me this book as a valentines present. It is actually the second in a series. I haven't actually read the first one though think it is probably advisable to read them in order if possible. I have to admit I don't read many erotica books as I prefer other genres though I have read a few. I found this one was enjoyable enough but found the sex parts to lack any real passion and found the supposed 'romance' between the main characters to be quite strange. Overall an enjoyable read.
Chloe
Feb 15, 2013 Chloe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
For me this book was not initially as gripping as it's predecessor, and took me a long time to finally settle down and start reading it properly. However, I am glad I persevered, as there was more body in the storyline, more background which further brought our protagonists to life. And the twist at the end, though predictable, was still emotional no less. I cannot wait to start on book 3. Thank you Vina Jackson,
Natalie Townsend
I started reading this book because of it being compared to Fifty shades of grey. The writing in this book is 100% to FSG but I didn't understand the girl in the book Summer. What brings a woman to be treated like that. Maybe I don't understand BDSM but I couldn't get my head around someone wanting to be used like that, when she had a guy like Dominic. This is why I could only give it 3 stars.

Tracey

I wasn't sure whether to read this or not as parts of book one disturbed and I'm no prude!! But I am glad I did as it showed the development of there relationship /connection and more of an understanding of both main characthers, with twists here and there I raced thru this book, not as sexual as previous book, but still plenty of it! And can I just say I hate victor !!
Looking forward to book 3 now :)
Charmaine
Mar 02, 2013 Charmaine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was a bit short with imagination, though the steamy scenes represented by words were vivid in my head. It was tragic, a form of complexities beyond love. The physicality, the need, the urge came first before love itself.
I was intoxicated by the theme, it was a distorted relationship. The depth I was looking for, was just depth in using words.
Vanessa Montês
Estou tão indecisa com a qualificação a dar a este livro... Por um lado tem uma linguagem porca nas cenas de sexo que ODEIO!! Por outro lado este livro tem alguma história entre as personagens sendo os medos e receios destes desenvolvidos... fiquei muito indecisa. Por outro lado achei-o melhor do que o livro anterior :)
PepsiGirl
I agree with others that Summer is a bit messed up, however Dominick is starting to pass her in his twisted desires and experiences he had in this second story. The writing is far superior to the smut FSOG.
Ana Barbosa
Apesar de francamente melhor que o primeiro da série continuo a não ser fã desta escritora:(

A minha opinião aqui:

Marino Hau
Sep 15, 2012 Marino Hau rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hurry up 'Eight days of Red'........... I should've waited for the last book before reading the first two ahhhhh!
I.Am.Reader
Quite a roller coaster of kink. The writing is smooth and mellow, the events are dark and slow, the main characters are as screwed up as ever.
This book requires a patient and open minded reader.
Stefania Gartz
πιο soft σε σχεση με το πρωτο..δε θα ελεγα οτι μου αρεσε ουτε οτι δε μου αρεσε..αδιαφορο εντελως..περασε και δε κολλησε που λενε..
  • Forbidden Desires
  • Destined to Feel (Avalon Trilogy #2)
  • The Ninety Days of Genevieve
  • The Dark Garden
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4)
  • Red Hot Holiday
  • Desire's Edge (Edge, #2)
  • In Too Deep
  • Avarice (Alfonzo,#12)
  • A Lover's Beauty (The Ramseys, #6)
  • Six Naughty Nights (Love in Reverse, #2)
  • A Good Student (A Good Student, #1)
  • Sapphire (Facets of Passion #1)
  • My Body-His (My Body Trilogy, #1)
  • Awakening (Chrysalis, #1)
Vina Jackson is the pseudonym for two established writers working together for the first time. One a successful author, the other a published writer who is also a city professional working in the Square Mile.
More about Vina Jackson...

Eighty Days (3 books)
  • Eighty Days Yellow (Eighty Days, #1)
  • Eighty Days Red (Eighty Days, #3)