Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul: Stories of Adventure, Inspiration and Insight to Celebrate the Spirit of Travel” as Want to Read:

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  197 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Whether your idea of travel at its finest is trekking through Europe with a backpack, a map and a foreign-language dictionary; road-tripping across America in a fully loaded RV; or cruising the Caribbean aboard a luxury liner, Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul celebrates the people you'll meet, the lands you'll discover and the lessons you'll learn.
Published September 18th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published February 14th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul

Jenn
Jul 30, 2011 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emotional
One story i will always remember. This one man used his vacation time and hung around the airport during the Christmas holiday season looking to help whomever he can. People rushing all about the place, kids crying and adults frustrated. One woman ran out of diapers while waiting for her plane this man was prepared with diapers, tissues and even candy and some wrapped gifts for children. To make the time go easier he told holiday stories to the children and even started caroling. Another man ask ...more
Melissa
This particular book in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series is one of the better ones in my opinion. But maybe that's the wanderlust in me speaking. All I know is, I enjoyed a good portion of the stories in this book for the Traveler's Soul.

The Chicken Soup for the Soul series is known for short, inspiring stories. This one is no different, although it mostly goes over travel. But not travel in the usual sense of the word. We have a trip to the moon included in this book in addition to trips ou
Rahmadiyanti
Kalau mengharapkan ini adalah semacam buku yang akan mengurai keindahan atau keunikan sebuah tempat, dan bagaimana sang traveler mengisi jiwanya, mungkin akan kuciwa. Karena buku ini lebih banyak menuturkan tentang persentuhan manusia dengan manusia. Lumayan sih.
Greg
Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul is an eclectic, often delightful, collection of short stories with a common thread of travel. The travel element is sometimes thin, and the stories sometimes venture a bit far into philosophy, theology, or ill-considered opinion, but it was still an interesting read. I enjoyed the occasional glimpses into the observations and thoughts of the travelers. I also found several stories that I will someday use in class or in a talk at church (the story of Josef and ...more
Ericka
Jun 08, 2010 Ericka rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started reading this book to pass time at work. I remember when Chicken Soup books were all the rage and I love to travel, so it seemed like a good fit.

There were a handful of truly remarkable, heartwarming and/or humorous stories, but I found most of it too be a bit too fluffy for my taste. Almost every other sentence seemed to be "and then she hugged me for no reason" or "my eyes began to well up with tears." And I have to ask myself where this magical hugging and crying world is, because I
Hayley Shaver
Jun 24, 2015 Hayley Shaver rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is, as usual in this series, a very good book. This book tells of compassion, healing, and daring while on trips. I loved this book. If you're a traveler, this book will resonate with you and you'll probably love it too.
Jan
Feb 15, 2016 Jan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Good quotes and heart-warming stories. I read it to inspire my blogging, and it was recommended by a friend who heard it recommended at a travel talk.
Indra Fajriansyah
Buku ini menceritakan bahwa travelling sama sekali bukan sekedar jalan-jalan, menghabiskan uang, buang-buang waktu, dan segala pikiran negatif lainnya. Buku ini menceritakan bahwa travelling lebih dari semua itu. Travelling dapat membawa kita menemukan diri kita yang sebenarnya, bertemu orang-orang yang tidak kita duga, membawa kita memahami arti dari kebersamaan, saling memahami, saling berbagi, dan saling mencintai.
Lebih dari itu buku ini dapat membuka pikiran dan wawasan kita bahwa travelling
Callixtine Detty
May 08, 2016 Callixtine Detty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another collection of inspirational stories, its good
Chelsea Davis
Jun 22, 2015 Chelsea Davis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another collection of inspirational stories
Kate
May 12, 2016 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had some touching stories but I've enjoyed some of the other Chicken Soup books more than this one.
Felicia Wigna
Apr 11, 2014 Felicia Wigna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
It's not bad
Joanne
Nov 16, 2013 Joanne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i found myself in work one day with no book to read during my lunch hour so i borrowed this from the staff room & it proved to be a great choice..its my first 'chicken soup' book & i really liked the format - a collection of short, easy to read & heart warming stories with a common theme of travel..its a handy book to have in your bag when you find yourself having 5 minutes to spare as each story is just a few pages long and then youre on to the next journey..
Blanche Belle
Feb 02, 2014 Blanche Belle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blanche-s-shelf
J'aime ! ! ! ...more
Jenny
Jun 09, 2008 Jenny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, but it wasn't as good as the others. I think the topic was too narrow. The chapters had different headings, but quite a few of the stories sounded like they were about the same thing.
Siti Nurhardianti
Jun 07, 2013 Siti Nurhardianti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
udah beli, belum dibaca, ngantri dengan buku lain yang juga dibeli bersamaan.. yang jelas, ngiler banget pas liat judulnnya. bersiap-siap aja merasakan sensaSi dan passion utk berpetualang.. :D
Cheryl
Oct 26, 2013 Cheryl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book in lending library at a vacation resort. Perfect time to read it. Very inspirational stories that made me look at the possibilities of very different kinds of travel.
Teri
Feb 02, 2009 Teri marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
One of the authors(I can't decipher the signature on my signed copy) came on the plane and gave all the passengers and crew a copy. It was dated 2002. Hope to read it this year.:)
Maya
Aug 21, 2013 Maya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of these made me laugh. Crazy stuff happens on the road. I remembered quite a few from reading it when it came out. Worth keeping around for a quick story.
Sejal
Apr 13, 2011 Sejal rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice light read, especially for a short trip. I teared up at a few of the stories. Perfect read for times when you know you'll be getting interrupted.
Nov 18, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a different slant for me in terms of travel writing. I love the shortness of the stories and the variety of writers and tales.
Sarra Martin
Will anyone be as kind to tell me if this is a good book to buy? I love to travel, and it sounds interesting.
Art
Aug 20, 2013 Art rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wide variety of travel stories. A pleasant read. Inspired me to venture out and travel more.
Catherine
This book is fine if you're looking for very light reading without much substance.
Marl Pengelana
Jan 20, 2011 Marl Pengelana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for the traveler. Have and read it! Then you'll be flying there..
Clarissa Candrian
Apr 23, 2013 Clarissa Candrian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chicken Soup. As good as it has always been. And pricey. But it's worth it.
Denise Doyle
Denise Doyle rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Emmanuel Baptist
Emmanuel Baptist marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
  • Along the Edge of America
  • Culture Shock! Japan: A Survival Guide to Customs and Etiquette
  • New York
  • Postcards from France
  • Stress Management for Dummies.
  • The Coffee Shop Chronicles
  • Etiquette Guide to Japan: Know the Rules That Make the Difference!
  • In Movement There Is Peace
  • An Italian Journey ~ A Harvest of Revelations in the Olive Groves of Tuscany ~ A Pretty Girl, Seven Tuscan Farmers, and a Roberto Rossellini Film ~ Bella Scoperta
  • Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and Breaking Bread Around the World
  • Menuju(h)
  • Wanderlust and Lipstick: The Essential Guide for Women Traveling Solo

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness. Mark Twain” 1 likes