Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul: Stories of Adventure, Inspiration and Insight to Celebrate the Spirit of Travel” as Want to Read:

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Whether your idea of travel at its finest is trekking through Europe with a backpack, a map and a foreign-language dictionary; road-tripping across America in a fully loaded RV; or cruising the Caribbean aboard a luxury liner, Chicken Soup for the Traveler’s Soul celebrates the people you’ll meet, the lands you’ll discover and the lessons you’ll learn.Like traveling itself ...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published February 14th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul

Jenn
One story i will always remember. This one man used his vacation time and hung around the airport during the Christmas holiday season looking to help whomever he can. People rushing all about the place, kids crying and adults frustrated. One woman ran out of diapers while waiting for her plane this man was prepared with diapers, tissues and even candy and some wrapped gifts for children. To make the time go easier he told holiday stories to the children and even started caroling. Another man ask ...more
Rahmadiyanti
Kalau mengharapkan ini adalah semacam buku yang akan mengurai keindahan atau keunikan sebuah tempat, dan bagaimana sang traveler mengisi jiwanya, mungkin akan kuciwa. Karena buku ini lebih banyak menuturkan tentang persentuhan manusia dengan manusia. Lumayan sih.
Melissa
This particular book in the Chicken Soup for the Soul series is one of the better ones in my opinion. But maybe that's the wanderlust in me speaking. All I know is, I enjoyed a good portion of the stories in this book for the Traveler's Soul.

The Chicken Soup for the Soul series is known for short, inspiring stories. This one is no different, although it mostly goes over travel. But not travel in the usual sense of the word. We have a trip to the moon included in this book in addition to trips ou
Greg
Chicken Soup for the Traveler's Soul is an eclectic, often delightful, collection of short stories with a common thread of travel. The travel element is sometimes thin, and the stories sometimes venture a bit far into philosophy, theology, or ill-considered opinion, but it was still an interesting read. I enjoyed the occasional glimpses into the observations and thoughts of the travelers. I also found several stories that I will someday use in class or in a talk at church (the story of Josef and ...more
Ericka
I started reading this book to pass time at work. I remember when Chicken Soup books were all the rage and I love to travel, so it seemed like a good fit.

There were a handful of truly remarkable, heartwarming and/or humorous stories, but I found most of it too be a bit too fluffy for my taste. Almost every other sentence seemed to be "and then she hugged me for no reason" or "my eyes began to well up with tears." And I have to ask myself where this magical hugging and crying world is, because I
Indra Fajriansyah
Buku ini menceritakan bahwa travelling sama sekali bukan sekedar jalan-jalan, menghabiskan uang, buang-buang waktu, dan segala pikiran negatif lainnya. Buku ini menceritakan bahwa travelling lebih dari semua itu. Travelling dapat membawa kita menemukan diri kita yang sebenarnya, bertemu orang-orang yang tidak kita duga, membawa kita memahami arti dari kebersamaan, saling memahami, saling berbagi, dan saling mencintai.
Lebih dari itu buku ini dapat membuka pikiran dan wawasan kita bahwa travelling
Joanne
i found myself in work one day with no book to read during my lunch hour so i borrowed this from the staff room & it proved to be a great choice..its my first 'chicken soup' book & i really liked the format - a collection of short, easy to read & heart warming stories with a common theme of travel..its a handy book to have in your bag when you find yourself having 5 minutes to spare as each story is just a few pages long and then youre on to the next journey..
Blanche Belle
J'aime ! ! ! ❤️❤️❤️
Jenny
I liked this book, but it wasn't as good as the others. I think the topic was too narrow. The chapters had different headings, but quite a few of the stories sounded like they were about the same thing.
Siti Nurhardianti
udah beli, belum dibaca, ngantri dengan buku lain yang juga dibeli bersamaan.. yang jelas, ngiler banget pas liat judulnnya. bersiap-siap aja merasakan sensaSi dan passion utk berpetualang.. :D
Cheryl
I found this book in lending library at a vacation resort. Perfect time to read it. Very inspirational stories that made me look at the possibilities of very different kinds of travel.
Teri
Feb 02, 2009 Teri marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
One of the authors(I can't decipher the signature on my signed copy) came on the plane and gave all the passengers and crew a copy. It was dated 2002. Hope to read it this year.:)
Maya
A lot of these made me laugh. Crazy stuff happens on the road. I remembered quite a few from reading it when it came out. Worth keeping around for a quick story.
Sejal
Nice light read, especially for a short trip. I teared up at a few of the stories. Perfect read for times when you know you'll be getting interrupted.
This was a different slant for me in terms of travel writing. I love the shortness of the stories and the variety of writers and tales.
Sarra Martin
Will anyone be as kind to tell me if this is a good book to buy? I love to travel, and it sounds interesting.
Art
Wide variety of travel stories. A pleasant read. Inspired me to venture out and travel more.
Catherine
This book is fine if you're looking for very light reading without much substance.
Marl Pengelana
Good book for the traveler. Have and read it! Then you'll be flying there..
Clarissa Candrian
Chicken Soup. As good as it has always been. And pricey. But it's worth it.
Lisa Pugh
Haven't read the whole thing yet.
Teneal
Teneal is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Abhik
Abhik marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
  • More Adventures on Willow Farm
  • Gutsy Women: Travel Tips and Wisdom for the Road
  • The Coffee Shop Chronicles
  • Menuju(h)
  • Female Nomad and Friends: Tales of Breaking Free and Breaking Bread Around the World
  • Stress Management for Dummies.
  • Postcards from France
  • Wanderlust and Lipstick: The Essential Guide for Women Traveling Solo
  • New York
  • In Movement There Is Peace
  • Anatolian Days and Nights: A Love Affair with Turkey, Land of Dervishes, Goddesses, and Saints
  • Stop Drifting, Start Rowing: One Woman's Search for Happiness and Meaning Alone on the Pacific

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)