Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul: Inspiring Stories of Joy, Insight and Adventure in the Great Outdoors” as Want to Read:

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  7 reviews
For anyone who enjoys spending time in the great outdoors: hikers, mountain climbers, snowboarders, kayakers, campers, beach-lovers, tree-huggers, and more! Stories of adventure are complemented by tales of introspection and quiet moments that focus on the exhilaration of bonds created outdoors and the beauty of natural landscapes.
Published September 11th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published March 16th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Nature Lover's Soul

Carol
I savored this one to the very end. It is one of my all-time favorite Chicken Soup's, a tie for first place along with Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul. Nature Lover's Soul has some wonderful stories, Goose Island in which Tom Lusk helps with the birth of a gosling, a really funny story about Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace, a poignant story by Heather Trexler Remoff about what makes Grace run. There's the story of Lee and her dying wish to swim with dolphins and a mom who lets the chores go to h ...more
Linda
Solace and sustenance received from being in the great outdoors is a theme
song in many of the essays in my travel collection Lost Angel Walkabout-
One Traveler’s Tales. I have found that my body goes out of balance and I
lose my equilibrium if I don’t get a nature fix with regularity. So, it was
Fitting that a friend should give me a copy of this book filled with touching
testimonials about the different ways that we connect with nature. Many of the stories speak of the healing power of nature when
Carmen
Full of heart-warming and funny stories about people's interactions with nature. Perfect for those times when you have to pick up a book at different times and would lose the thread of the story if you read a novel.I especially liked the story about the young girl who bicycled across the country, even after being hit by a car.
Shirley
I enjoyed all of the stories and the quotes that preceded many of the contributions that writers made to this book. My favorite story in the book was "Last Outing" by James Hert. It brought me a smile. The writers offer amazing descriptions of scenes from nature throughout the book such as this one from Robert Fulghum's "Donnie".
"Across the back of our house is a row of middle-aged matronly maple trees, extravagantly dressed in season in a million leaf-sequins. And in season the sequins detach.
Noor
how people learn about the topics in this book.on my birhtday
Amy Rutkowski
Have a bad day, read a few chapters in this book
Dec 02, 2008 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nature lovers (duh)
Recommended to Jennifer by: Me
This book is really sad and touching.
Penny
Penny added it
Aug 16, 2015
Erin Coulter
Erin Coulter marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Jo
Jo is currently reading it
Aug 06, 2015
Samandriel
Samandriel marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Sydney Thomas
Sydney Thomas marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Jaclyn
Jaclyn marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Danielle Cullen
Danielle Cullen marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Isabella parker
Isabella parker marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Cory Cornwell
Cory Cornwell marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Lalo
Lalo marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Valen Snowcrystal
Valen Snowcrystal marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Richelle
Richelle marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Canfield received a BA in Chi
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women