Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul: Stories of Love, Laughter and Commitment to Last a Lifetime

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable of your life—especially if you’re the bride. From unique proposals to hilarious and touching tales of actual ceremonies and receptions, this book will inspire anyone looking ahead to the big day. Chicken Soup for the Bride’s Soul features a final section on Anniversaries that will give it a long shelf life, and open the market...more
Published September 11th 2012 by Chicken Soup for the Soul (first published 2004)

Emily Thayer
This one is the best -- although I say that because Matthew's story of his proposal to me is in it :) :)
Paula
Cute and fun read for a bride-to-be.
A Must Read for every Bride!
Lisa
I LOVE THIS BOOK! I bought it four days ago- Thursday, and have hardly been able to put it down since. I've already recommended it to an engaged friend, and will definitely recommend it to others. Heck, I might even have my fiance read it, since several of the stories are written from the groom's perspective, as well as fathers of the groom, mothers of the groom, fathers and mothers of the bride, and even close friends. Some of the stories have made me laugh, some have made me cry, several have...more
Lynai
I am an anxious bride-to-be. With only two weeks left before the big day, and as much as I want to be calm and cool, I just can’t, as evidenced by the appearance of rashes on my legs and back. Experience tells me that my skin allergies always enjoy making a show whenever I am stressed out. So, reading this book has served, indeed, as a “chicken soup” to my restless soul.

The stories included in this edition of the renowned Chicken Soup for the Soul have made me laugh, some made me teary-eyed, but...more
Faye Hollidaye
May 10, 2013 Faye Hollidaye rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: brides-to-be, recent brides, and lifetime wives
If I would have quit reading this book because of my disappointment at the first section, I would have never realized that this is a great book. The further I read, the better the stories got. This book is not only for new brides, it's just as equally for brides who have been married for years.
I bought my copy when I was planning my own wedding more than two years ago now, but didn't get around to reading it until recently. It was worth whatever I paid for it and it's staying on my bookshelf. I...more
Megan Asmus
Loved the touch of diary it stays next to my wedding album the stories wrre as always inspiring and every moment of stressed id read and could relax! Wonderfully put together
Dianne
Aug 17, 2007 Dianne rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Utter tripe. I was given this book as a shower gift, and spent many a happy hour mocking it. The writing is uneven; most of the stories have pat morals and little nuance; and the women are stereotyped.

If you're looking for a self-help book to get you through the wedding craziness, try Emotionally Engaged: A Bride's Guide to Surviving the "Happiest" Time of Her Life. Emotionally Engaged is not earth-shattering; in fact, it's mostly common sense. But it does encourage brides to deal with their pr...more
Swety Retna
Buku yang sangat menyentuh :') saya berkali-kali menitikkan air mata karena terharu pada kisah-kisah sepasang suami istri, dari saat mereka bertemu, merencanakan pernikahan, momen pernikahan itu dan tentu saja kehidupan yang dijalani selama menikah sampai akhirnya maut menjelang.. penikahan memang tak selalu indah tapi didalamnya ada banyak kesempatan bertumbuh menjadi dewasa. Kebanyakan mereka mengatakannya, bahwa selalu ada badai,namun mereka bahagia dengan pernikahan :))
Renee
My mother bought me this as a gift, something to read before my wedding this April. It is what is expected from the Chicken Soup series: cute, "uplifting" stories for mostly the Christian set. I have to admit that a few stories made me tear up, and a lot in the ninth section of the book I found quite soothing during this planning process. So yes, not high literature, but good for its intended purpose.
Marvie Grulke
I read a few stories from this. It's an OK read. Someone gave it to me for a wedding/wedding shower gift. Riddle me this? Why exactly is this a good gift? It didn't make me a better bride/wife. I think I'd rather the actual chicken soup. No offense to the presenter of said gift. Also, I've ranked "The Giving Tree" so there's that to say about my book reviewing skill set.
Natalie
This book is comprised of short stories submitted by brides/brides to be or their close family. Not a good idea to read them in public - found it hard to read most stories without being moved to tears; a potent reminder of what is really important about weddings/marriage - an excellent gift for brides or brides-to-be.
Breeana
There are some really sweet stories in this book that bring goosebumps every time I read or hear them. It was fun reading while engaged to be married. Also, there are a lot of good ideas on how to propose, men! If you're thinking of proposing (or know a friend who is), I'd suggest this book for great ideas.
Shannon mp
Holy, Nellie! Break out the kleenex! I was not expecting to read so many sad stories while preparing for my big day! They were very touching stories that deliver the "real meaning of marriage" message, but with the stress of planning a wedding...I had to close this one until AFTER the ceremony.
I love this book i bought it the first time i got married at i read i every once in a while to see all the love and compassion that is in there. I remmoned any new bride buys this book becuase it will help you though the tough times...
Jinni-lou
This was such a wonderful book to read, I love to read real life stories!!! The good thing about books like these is that you can read it little by litte since it's a bunch of stories in one. Anyone who is engaged should read this book.
Auntkel
I love all the chicken soup books. I like how they are a bunch of litle short stories so even if you only have just a couple minutes to read you can get one story read. This ones good even if your not married or engaged right now.
Heather
Very well written, cute and cheesy wedding stories just like the other Chicken Soup books.. Some stories will bring you to tears. The teary ones are the good stories of course!
Erica
Got it as a gift...it was OK and I did not finish reading it because my brain is too full of wedding stuff anyway. Simple stories, kind gesture from the fiance's aunt.
Becca
This was a very heartwarming book. It was a very nice shower gift I received and I actually read the whole thing. Some of the stories even made me tear up.
Nauf
This is my favorite of the Chicken Soup series. Stories about proposals, preparing for weddings, unforgettable moments...a perfect gift for a bride =)
Emily
It was just nice to read all these stories and hear about all the happiness and surprises and adaptations to situations and things like that. Very sweet book.
Heidi
This book is enough to keep me interested and is cheesetastic to the max. A guilty pleasure if you will. Fun to read but not all believable.
Payal Khanna
Read it long back. Just before my wedding. It has very sweet and simple stories on love and relationships. Perfect gift for a bride-to-be
Sushmitha
These Real stories are so touching & we can relate ourselves to some..
they are inspiring and helpful too ..
Heartwarming just like it's supposed to be. Several stories made me cry but in a good way :)
Gabriella
Given to me at my wedding shower, it was another good chicken soup book...
Lauren
I love this book!! so many precious stories... thanks Megan ;)
Jill
Excellent book for any bride-to-be! Excellent book to give as a gift.
Efi
Bab Lamaran, wow romantis banget!!!
Kadang sampe menitikkan airmata.
  • Indonesia Mengajar
  • Zona @ Last (Trilogi Zona, #3)
  • Altared: Bridezillas, Bewilderment, Big Love, Breakups, and What Women Really Think About Contemporary Weddings
  • Runaway Ran
  • A Geek in Japan: Discovering the Land of Manga, Anime, Zen, and the Tea Ceremony
  • Merry Riana: Mimpi Sejuta Dolar
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • The Blythes Are Quoted
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 29 (The Wallflower, #29)
  • How to Be Like Walt: Capturing the Disney Magic Every Day of Your Life
  • The Conscious Bride: Women Unveil Their True Feelings about Getting Hitched
  • Love's First Bloom (Hearts Along The River #2)
  • Fairies 101: An Introduction to Connecting, Working, and Healing with the Fairies and Other Elementals
  • Lonely Planet: Japan
  • Meat: A Benign Extravagance
  • Mahogany Hills
  • When Johnny Came Marching Home

Canfield received a BA in Chi...more
More about Jack Canfield...
Chicken Soup for the Soul Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul The Success Principles(TM): How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II Chicken Soup for the Woman's Soul: 101 Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Women (Chicken Soup for the Soul)