Start by marking “The Gold Coin” as Want to Read:
The Gold Coin

The Gold Coin (The Colby's Coin Series #1)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  301 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Can Anastasia trust the seductive stranger who holds her future in his hands? And how much will she risk for a love more precious than gold?

Anastasia Colby, raised in America and the granddaughter of an English viscount, returns home to claim her family legacy. But all is not as it should be at Medford Manor. Someone’s treachery threatens everything Anastasia cherishes mos
Published October 2nd 2012 by Open Road Media Romance (first published August 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Gold Coin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gold Coin

Rashika (is tired)
Actual Rating 3.5

Ah I cannot give it a 4 since I did love Kane's romantic suspenses more but I have to say, this is definitely a different kind of historical romance. The romance in this one definitely takes a back seat of sorts. It isn't about the dance, the two acknowledge their feelings early on but it's more about figuring out what is going on so that they can finally get an HEA.

Also I love how while the two cousins contrast each other, they both have their strengths and aren't afraid to st
Mati
Mar 23, 2013 Mati rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Öncelikle 2 kitaplık bir seri olması sonrada konusu beni cezbetti, kapakları için aynısını söylemek biraz zor. Seri birbirlerine ikiz kadar benzeyen 2 kuzenin hikayesinden oluşuyor. Büyükbabalarının kızların tercihlerine göre verdiği altın ve gümüş para serinin adını ve temelini oluşturuyor.
Bu kuzenler küçük yaşlarda ayrılıyor ve Anastasia(Stacie)nın Amerika’dan dönüşüyle olaylar başlıyor.

Bu kitapta Anastasia’nın hikayesini okuyoruz, ebeveynlerini kaybedince Amerika’dan İngiltere’ye dönüyor ve m
HÜLYA
Jul 03, 2012 HÜLYA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Kane Tenimdeki Mühür

Uzun zamandir elimde bulunan kitaplardan di.Keşke öne alip daha önce okusaymisim.
Stephanie Laurens,Amanda Quick,Liz Caryle stilini sevenler bu yazara bayılacaklar bence.
Bu yazarlardan daha basarili bile buldum Benim fikrim tabii ki.
Kitabin edit ve cevirisi cok başarılı idi. Cevirmen gerekli yerlerde notlar düşmüstü. Siyah Inci Yayınlarini bu basarili kitap için kutluyorum ki kapak da cok başarıli idi.
Aile sırlari kisisel tutkular yumagi ve cok da güzel bir aşkla süslen
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
ee ben bunuda okudumdu..cık cık..işaretlememişim..:)
Christa
Dec 23, 2012 Christa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
This was the first historical romance that I've read by Andrea Kane, and I found it to be enjoyable. I liked the cousins, Anastasia and Breanna, and found Damen Lockewood to be an intriguing character. Breanna's father, George, was despicable. The storyline was interesting, and I look forward to seeing where Kane takes the story in The Silver Coin.

Anastasia Colby and her parents immigrated to America when her grandfather died and her uncle, who hated his brother and sister-in-law, inherited his
Wendy
Dec 25, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dec-12
"The Gold Coin" by Andrea Kane is set in England in the early 1800's. It is the first historical romance/suspense I have read by this author.
Anastasia and Breanna are first cousins and almost identical to each other, as their fathers were identical twins. The girls are incredibly close, however, their fathers are not. Anastasia and her parents move to America and years later, after the sudden deaths of her parents, Anastasia moves back to England and is reunited with Breanna. Both girls, because
Rhonda
Oct 02, 2012 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gold Coin by Andrea Kane
4 STARS

Gold Coin by Andrea Kane is now a ebook. It is a historcal romance novel that was first published years ago. The book starts in 1803.
Two six year old cousins are playing together when one fell into a puddle of mud. Breanna knew her father would be mad that she got the dress grandfather had bought them dirty. Anastaia wished she was the one dirty because her father would not get mad at all. So since everyone at times had problems telling them apart. Anastaia sugges
Katie
Oct 25, 2012 Katie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Romance, mystery and a bit of danger await in the pages of “The Gold Coin” by Andrea Kane. Both a romance and a thriller, this novel was the perfect, quick read for me.

The plot centers around two cousins living in England in the early 1800s, Anastasia and Breanna. The girls look almost identical, despite having very disparate personalities. They are incredibly close, and family and loyalty are qualities they share — a quality Breanna’s father, George, greatly lacks. When the girls are young thei
Maura
Gökçe
Çok büyük umutlarla başladığım bu kitap beni ne yazık ki, hayal kırıklığına uğrattı. Çok basitti. Okurken hiçbir şey hissetmedim resmen. Olaylar için yapılan planlar olaylar çok basit ve saçma çıkarımlara bağlanmıştı. Kendi adıma beğenmedim ve ikincisini de okumayı düşünmüyorum.
Shelly
Feb 09, 2015 Shelly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5
Heather McDonald
I love andrea kane's historical romance books! She has such a creative imagination! This is the first in a duet about two identical cousins. they have a great amount of mystery!! and i love mystery!
GONZA
Oct 03, 2012 GONZA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story, well built and with interesting characters. I loved Pandora and Damon interactions and I'm looking forward to read Brenna's Story!

THANKS TO NETGALLEY AND OPEN ROAD FOR THE PREVIEW
Kriztine Feil
Apr 14, 2013 Kriztine Feil rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
reading this book, and the rest of the books that I have read w/ an English setting, has taken me to the early times of England which I have actually been dreaming to experience..
Jane Lonschein
Aug 21, 2011 Jane Lonschein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the coin books introduced me to Andrea kane.i love these books mystery and romance and shes a great writer.up there a on e of my faves.
Joan Horkey
Mar 14, 2013 Joan Horkey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, fast reading. Good plot. Suspenseful.
Deanna
Jun 05, 2012 Deanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012

Lauconn
Lauconn rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Shayla
Shayla marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Jan Frame
Jan Frame marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Lanelle
Lanelle marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Arianne
Arianne rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
K
K added it
Jul 27, 2016
Judy Koltak
Judy Koltak marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Cari
Cari rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2016
Mical
Mical marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Camellia
Camellia rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Anna Rubio
Anna Rubio marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
  • Lady Killer/Secret Admirer
  • Undone
  • The Marriage Test (Brides of Virtue, 3)
  • Knight's End (Knight's Trilogy, #1)
  • Once an Outlaw
  • The Rogue (Liar's Club, #5)
  • Memory: Volume 3, How Far We Have Come: A Tale Of Pride And Prejudice
  • A Stockingful Of Joy
  • The Duke (Regency, #4)
  • The Firefly Cafe (Billionaire Brothers, #1)
  • The Reluctant Reformer
  • Tam Lin
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
Coming in May 2016 from Andrea Kane: The Murder That Never Was.

ANDREA KANE's psychological thriller, The Girl Who Disappeared Twice, became an instant New York Times bestseller, the latest in a long string of smash hits. With her acclaimed signature style of developing unforgettable characters and weaving them into carefully researched story lines, Kane has created Forensic Instincts, an eclectic
More about Andrea Kane...

The Colby's Coin Series (2 books)
  • The Silver Coin (Coin, #2)