Start by marking “Spare Some Change” as Want to Read:
Spare Some Change

Spare Some Change

Martin is young, arrogant and drunk when he decides to harass a homeless man on the train. But he doesn't realize the power that the old man wields in the tunnels. He can't escape from the wrath of the deranged torturers who want to punish him for the sins of everyone who has ever abused them. Will he be able to live through their brutality and see the outside world again?
ebook, Short story, 23 pages
Published September 25th 2012 by Nightlife Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Spare Some Change, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spare Some Change

Nancy
Jan 15, 2016 Nancy rated it really liked it
Posted at Shelf Inflicted

I’ve had this book on my Kindle for ages and can’t remember if the author provided me with the copy, or if I snagged it when it was free.

Even though I now live in a small town and am relatively insulated from the problem of homelessness, I work in the city. Going back and forth to work every day, I see the haunted eyes of people begging for change, sleeping in doorways and park benches, and riding the buses and subway. This poses a dilemma for me, as I am constantly re
Pam (E.P. Scott)
Jul 25, 2013 Pam (E.P. Scott) rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story, horror
The homeless of NYC only want some spare change, a meal, some respect. When Martin refuses, mocks, humiliates, he learns what it means to have respect.

A dark and twisted short story that had me squirming in my chair, gasping for air and forcing myself to breath and keep my dinner where it belonged. It is not for the faint of heart or those with weak stomachs.

An interesting read that will certainly ring in my ear if a homeless person ever asks me for money.
Doreen
Oct 29, 2012 Doreen rated it really liked it
Again, Mr. Hennessy delivers a wallop in a short story! This one makes you think, and think hard. Are you going to be scared to turn off the lights tonight? No. Are you going to be scared to ride on public transportation? Maybe...
Gamal Hennessy
Aug 04, 2016 Gamal Hennessy added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I won't rate this book because I wrote it. It wouldn't be fair.
Eugene Wainwright
Eugene Wainwright rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2013
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Jenny Q
Jenny Q marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Janie C.
Janie C. marked it as to-read
E.
E. marked it as to-read
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Gamal Hennessy is an author from New York City. His fiction blends elements of classic films like The Usual Suspects with modern spy thrillers like Jason Bourne to create a unique type of story. His literary inspirations include John Le Carre, Barry Eisler and Anais Nin.

His Crime and Passion Series tells the story of one man’s secret war against international sex slavery and one woman’s journey fr
More about Gamal Hennessy...