Flee (Aurora Lockette, #1)

Flee (Aurora Lockette #1)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  46 reviews
I can fly.

I have to keep it a secret.

Everything was fine, until I met him.

I can’t stay away…

Aurora Lockette has a supernatural ability she hides from the world. Gavyn Dhaval is a newly famous actor that shies away from the spotlight. When Aurora and Gavyn literally collide in a fender bender on her first day of law school, they are irresistibly drawn to each other.

When Aur...more
Published November 29th 2012 by Midnight Blackbird LLC

Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Flee by Miranda Kavi is an EPIC read!

Flee is one of those books that makes you shut out everything around you just so you can read. Flee is a story about a girl Aurora who has a special gift. She has kept this secret from everyone and plans on keeping it that way. She lives her life just like any normal person except that she can fly. Aurora is very shy and when she has a fender bender with Gavyn she is struck by him. But Aurora knows she has to stay away from him. The only thing is she can't st...more
Andrea Heltsley
Amazing!!!! Miranda Kavi is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. This book was even better than her last book. I couldn't put this book down for anything. It annoyed my husband..lol.

Aurora and Gavin were a swoon worthy couple. Who doesn't want that kind of romance? Both of their characters were well built and intriguing.

I was so sad when an unexpected situation broke them apart. I quickly figured out what was going to happen, but it didn't stop me from being glued to the pages.

My only co...more
Lauren
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This book was excellent to read. The character of Aurora was someone to look up to because she was doing everything in her power to make something of herself. She had a strong moral attitude of what was right and wrong. Gavyn was a sweetheart, he was someone that I would want to fall in love with although I did think that their romance seemed hurried in parts, and overall it was believable.

Some parts were pretty predict...more
Miranda Kavi
Apr 11, 2013 Miranda Kavi added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
HEY GUYS, I'm the author of FLEE. Just an FYI, this is NOT a Young Adult Book. Happy reading! :-)
Angela
Flee was a really good and quick read. It was predictable in some parts, but had enough surprise left for me to discover. It had the appropriate amount of romance and action and suspense.

I enjoyed Aurora as a character, she seemed like a good person trying to make something of herself. And I loved her new friend Bree, they were definitely meant to be friends. I was sad at the end because they didn't say whether they stayed friends or not. I'll just assume they did.

I did enjoy the love interest a...more
Tiana Lemons
At first, I picked this book as an R2R (read to review) because of the pretty cover. The synopsis also captured me. I started reading on the last week of January because I had nothing else to do but sit there and wait for my sister. It started of fast, with her understanding how to control her powers and work them already, which is a very good point about this book because I just can't take some books where it takes forever. Anyways, the book started to get more exciting near the end, which is w...more
Paula
R2R: Flee

(I received a free copy, in exchange for a review)

Aurora has a very unusual secret, one that her mother has spent her life protecting. She can fly. Aurora has tried to lead an as normal life, settling in at law school, in Texas. Little did she know that being here was going to open this secret wide open and introduce her to a whole network of others, like her. Also, she meets her true bonded love, a British movie star, filming a movie, on the same campus. Everything takes an unexpected...more
Dragana
"I can fly. It's not as cool as it sounds. Actually, it really sucks."
Don't you just love it when the first sentence in a book grips you right away? It has everything - enough information and mystery to keep you intrigued. As a kid I frequently dreamed that I could fly (I blame Peter Pan for this obsession), so I was immediately interested to find out why would that suck. Except for the obvious reasons of course: wind messing up your hair and blowing up your skirt. :)

Aurora is just another girl...more
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Pretty good and yet, terribly short.

I can honestly say that Flee had my full attention. Aurora and Gavyn made my day. Aurora is a girl with a secret. She can fly. For the most of this book, I admire her control over her ability. It was so mysterious though. I still don't know exactly where her ability came from. Anyway, she meets Gavin, the movie star who's very humble, hot and nice. At first, the plot was nice and really kinda sweet. Gavyn and Aurora's scenes were very lovable. Then things star...more
Helena
Note: I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This is my second book from Miranda Kavi, so when I saw the chance to read it for free, I was all over it. I enjoyed her first book, Rua, and had high hopes for this one. I was not disappointed! I mean, look at it! This is a gorgeous cover!

I loved this book! It grabs your attention from the start and refuses to let you go. No midbook lull, just an all around fun book. My biggest complaint is that it's far too short!

Aur...more
Tohrutohno
I really liked this book. It was refreshing to see a new addition into the recently created New Adult genre (for the 20 somethings). The characters are fun and easy to root for. The relationship between Aurora and Gavyn feels natural too. None of the “love at first sight must have you now” type stuff. It was interesting to see how Aurora really struggles with her ability to fly like it’s more of a burden then a gift, something she tries to clamp down on since she can’t always control when she fe...more
Siva Kumar S A
Flee is a simple story that holds your interest till end . Aurora is the soul of the story her abilities, the way she handle them, her characterization are all different and hold interest in the story.
Flee is story of Aurora a law student who has ability to fly. She has kept her ability in control and secret. She falls in love with Gavyn and life is almost perfect when suddenly her secret is out and she is on run ,she find new friends and enemies and lot of new people who shape her life along t...more
Erika
What do you mean it's over?!? LOL - I LOVED this book! So easy to read, and the characters were easy to get to know and care about.

Aurora is a great main character. Love that her mother is a force in her life even though she does not share the same gifts. Also love that there are references to other family members.

The little village that Aurora flees to is a great addition to the story. Great that she has place to go in order to be protected and learn about her gifts. I had a feeling that Gavyn...more
Jacquelyn
Dec 15, 2012 Jacquelyn rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: everyone and my sister
Recommended to Jacquelyn by: goodreads
Shelves: r2r
It comes time, when you're reading that you know is not the contents of the book, but way is written.
That's how I felt when I read, Flee by Miranda Kavi . Somehow I knew what the intent was, because of the love that was put into this book.
Aurora did not fall in love right away it took time. It was like I there, I felt the fear and the goosebumps with her.
With that being said, Flee was an exciting story. This story takes you an adventure about a family, friends, and the dark one.
The story made me...more
Katherine Adams
23 year old Aurora just left home to move to Texas and start Law school. She keeps to herself because she has a secret. She can fly. She ends up making friends and even finds a love interest, the incredibly attractive and famous actor Gavyn. When everything in her life finally feels perfect, her secret is revealed and her entire world collapses.
In case you couldn't tell by the cover image, this is most certainly a romance. Yes there is action and mystery and a huge dollop of supernatural, but th...more
Beth
Feb 13, 2013 Beth rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: YA
3.5 to 4 stars

Hot guys. Danger. Secret societies. Oh yeah, don't forget the flying girls. In this YA Paranormal, Aurora knows she can fly, knows she can't tell anyone and yet has managed a pretty ordinary life in spite of the whole flying thing. Enter hot guy, Gavyn. Cue the secret society and dangerous assassins.

This was a good read..fast and interesting. Loved the mom. She was kick ass. A YA love story with a twist.
Carrie Fort (Book Fairy)
Whoa just whoa!!
I loved this book! Loved it so much I missed my bus stop TWICE!!! I am hoping there will be many more!
Aurora is a one of a kind fabulous character who is special and amazing and Gavyn is every girls dream!!
She gets thrown into a amazing world THAT I WANT TO READ MORE of.
I love how this is now normal paranormal book. It's different with different bad guys. I LOVE IT!!!!

IWAS given this book for a honest review!
Audrey Griffin
This fast-paced book captures your attention immediately and holds your interest as suspense builds. The main character, Aurora, has a superhuman gift that has altered her life as she struggles to just be "normal." She carefully manages and controls her ability only to find that an event suddenly and completely turns her life upside down as she struggles to survive. Highly recommended and I look forward to the sequel.
Jamie
Flee is an amazing story with a strong female main character. At the beginning of the book I was a little confused by the pace of it all. But, once I got started I could not stop reading. Aurora is a girl who is not afraid to take chances especially when if comes to taking care of those she cares about. My only real complaint at the end of the story was that it ended. I hope we will see more of Aurora and Co. in the future.
Holly
This was a free download.

The pacing is really slow and the writing kind of wooden and choppy. Nothing - from the heroine's ability to fly to the descriptions of her friends - is really fleshed out, which left me feeling like the story was incomplete (aside from the cliffhanger ending, I mean).

The romance is rushed and a lot on the unbelievable side. The author skipped large chunks of time, which didn't help. They were exchanging 'I love yous' and I was still stuck on them just having met.

Editi...more
Tina
Free download, loved this book and read it in no time, well I've would love to be able to fly but to Aurora it's a curse she has tried hard to hide all her adult life. Now in law school she is trying to get her life together, enter beautiful Gavyn, a movie star who instantly falls for Aurora. Life is good until one fateful day where her ability is revealed. Running away from her life and Gavyn, Aurora discovers a world hidden to normal humans where she is not a freak. Together she starts a new l...more
Denise
I truly loved reading this book, FLEE. It is fast paced, but really good. I love the story. Awesome characters. Great story line. Well written. I am looking forward to reading more from Miranda Kavi. Definitely recommended.
♥¸.•*´Tanya`*•.¸♥
Good Read. I'm glad Gavyn and Aurora are together they make an amazing couple.

There wasn't as much paranormal to the story as I thought there would be it was more romance.

Anne
Flee (Aurora Lockette series) by Miranda Kavi
Reviewed by: Anne Marie

Very exciting jam packed read! The paranormal twist comes early but you do not see it coming! Well written and has an easy to follow plot for such a fast mover. The characters are tangible and it is easy to put yourself in their shoes. The evil element gives you shivers from the moment they step into the picture and gives you chills. Reminds me of a lot of other well written series but the way the author entwines the world in en...more
johnnyMorocco
Can't believe all the good reviews. To me, this book was simplistic, amateurish and undeveloped. No character development at all, no reasoning behind anything, just something a high schooler might have written. But then, who am I, just another reader. If you liked it, good for you. Not for me. The only good thing I can say about it is; lucky the weather was crappy, otherwise it would have been a waste of a perfectly good afternoon. Also, it was definitely worth the free price. (By the way, lots...more
Mandi
good, quick read
Nicci Hartland
Aimeekay
I’m on the fence with this one.

I liked the story. It was a good story. The world Kavi has created is interesting and I really would like to find out more about it. I liked the characters. They are interesting and I really wanted Aurora to find her happy ending. That says a lot since some books I’ve read I actually have rooted for the main characters to walk off cliffs so….um yeah.

The main reason I’m on the fence. The start of the book kinda annoyed me. Just the first page had me wondering/hopin...more
Katie (Books and Katie)
Reason for not finishing: I really should have stayed away when I saw from the synopsis that the love interests were "irresistibly drawn together." Unfortunately, I really love reading books about superpowers- especially when someone has the ability to fly- and this book has that.

The characters were okay, pretty stereotypical and nothing really exciting about them. Well, besides the main character and her ability to fly. I didn't find Aurora to be a completely likeable character, but I don't rea...more
Kristine
So I was really hoping to like this book because of the rave reviews that I've been seeing. The synopsis was very interesting and different from what I've read before. Sadly, I have to give this book a rating of 3 out of 5. The story was enjoyable enough to keep me interested and the writing style was good that it wasn't choppy to read. What I found was that the book didn't put me at the edge of my seat. I wish that the book had more action and suspense. I like a story that gives you clues about...more
Lovers of Paranor...: R2R{104} Flee- CLOSED 28 84 Feb 09, 2013 07:06PM
  • Ghost Hand (The PSS Chronicles, #1)
  • Strength (Aigis Trilogy, #1)
  • Evren: Enter the Dragonette
  • Angel's Kiss
  • Soul Ties (Soul Ties, #1)
  • Descended (Fallen Guardian Saga, #1)
  • Hex and the Single Witch (Vehicle City Vampires #1)
  • Bound Angel
  • Rising (Saga of the Setti, #1)
  • The White Aura (White Aura, #1)
  • In the Dark
  • Kiss Of An Angel
  • Ageless Sea (Ageless Series #1)
  • Frost Fire (Tortured Elements, #1)
  • Deadly Kisses (Book One of the Deadly Darkness Trilogy)
  • Betrayal's Shadow (The Guardians of Eden, #1)
  • Destiny Divided (Shadows of Destiny, #1)
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Niki Slobodian, #3)
Miranda Kavi is a romance and paranormal fiction author. Her books have been listed on the top 100 best seller lists on Amazon and iTunes. She has worked as an attorney, an executive recruiter, and an assistant in a biological anthropology lab. She loves scary movies, museums, and is hopelessly addicted to chocolate. She lives in Houston with her husband and daughter.

P.S. I don't check Goodreads m...more
More about Miranda Kavi...
Rua (Rua, #1) Rive (Rua, #2) Dark Trade Crux (Aurora Lockette, #2)