Start by marking “Brushfire Plague” as Want to Read:
Brushfire Plague

Brushfire Plague

The Brushfire Plague made the Spanish Flu Pandemic of 1918 look like a case of the common cold.

When a virulent plague erupts across the globe, Cooper Adams faces a daily battle for survival as society unravels at a dizzying pace. As he organizes his neighbors for self-defense and strives to save those around him, he soon discovers the first clues about the origin of the Br
Paperback, First, 278 pages
Published July 29th 2012 by Prepper Press

To ask other readers questions about Brushfire Plague, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brushfire Plague

Tommy Darby
Feb 27, 2013 Tommy Darby rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, apocalypse
"Brushfire Plague" by R.P. Ruggiero was an excellent dystopian (not utopian) apocalyptic book where a plague cuts loose and starts wiping out society. I would have given this one a fifth star, but the scope was more or less limited to the USA and I rather like those worldwide novels where everybody catches a cold. Plus, there were not any Zombies in the book.

The "Brushfire" word in the title simply means the plague spreads as fast as a brushfire. The main character lose his wife but still has hi
R.p. Ruggiero
Sep 23, 2012 R.p. Ruggiero rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author, so visit the links below to see what others are saying about Brushfire Plague!

I look forward to your reviews here!
Tina K
Oct 14, 2016 Tina K rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I just can't anymore. Gah.
billy
Oct 05, 2016 billy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

I love these stories about the possible future. This was well written and the book lacked the profanity that so many writers think the reading public wants.
Brian's Book Blog
What would you do to save your family from a deadly virus?

Story — 4 out of 5.
Narration — 2 out of 5.
Overall — 3 out of 5.

A mysterious virus is here and it is extremely lethal, killing more than 50 percent of all of those who come in contact with it. Cooper Adams realizes that he must get home and take care of his family. What follows is his story of survival and helping those around him survive too.

The narration of this almost made this unlistenable. About halfway through, I nearly stopped liste
Tony Valente
Nov 01, 2012 Tony Valente rated it really liked it
Shelves: end-of-world
This is one of those times that I wish Goodreads had the ability for a half star, as 3.5 seemed better, but since I can't, I will rank it up instead of down.

I enjoyed this book very much. I like end of the world, plague breakout books. This one seemed to flow like most of what I read, including having the gun nut friend that has enough firearms to arm the neighborhood.

What sets this book apart from others in the genre is the origin of the plague. I won't give it away, and I did figure it out bef
Mike
Nov 14, 2012 Mike rated it really liked it
This book grabs you from the start. The scenario Ruggiero sets up is both familiar and terrifying all at the same time. Picture so many of those around you, including loved ones suddenly falling ill. Then as the rest of the city, country and world are all dealing with the same problem, normalcy falls apart and neighbors are forced to come together. Friendships are strained and unforeseen disasters arise. Ruggiero, does a great job of taking you into the smell and feeling of being there with the ...more
Tadd Gestrin
This novel looked at the impact of a fast-moving plague which has a devastating effect on the population of the United States and countries around the world. Set in Portland, Oregon, the plot revolves around a man and his family who face not only the impact of the plague's devastating health effects, but also on the collapse of society around him. While the genre is well-established, the use of the spread of a pandemic illness is a twist and quite timely given the recent spread of the Ebola ...more
Cindy Boune
Nov 12, 2012 Cindy Boune rated it it was amazing
This book was a very, very good read. It is riveting and I finished it in two sittings; staying up late to finish it. I don't normally read apocalyptic fiction, but really enjoyed this one. The character development was great and I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next! I liked how it finished, leaving room for a sequel, but closing up the main tale.

One warning: this book might have you thinking about what YOU would do in the event of a deadly pandemic. It definitely pulled ME
Nadir
Apr 11, 2013 Nadir rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novels
Without giving away any plot points I'll simply say that this book begins with the onset of a devastating and fast-moving flu pandemic and the efforts residents of a Portland suburb undertake to withstand the impacts and reactions to it. I found the story very plausible and well written. It certainly kept my interest throughout and at no point did I roll my eyes (often a problem with apocalyptic fiction). If you enjoy that genre I suggest giving this book a try. I plan to follow this author's ...more
Feb 27, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. It's one of my favorite genres, so I've read almost every fiction book out there, and quite a few non fiction ones as well, on the "plague" topic. Only negative I can say is that the hero seemed confused. He could be cold-blooded, clearheaded, and straightforward, but then he would be forgiving in very unexpected places.

The reason for the plague revealed at the end of the book was interesting.

I liked the book well enough that I will read the sequel...
Oct 15, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
Are you looking for one of those books that make you forget about everything else? One of those that you can't wait to get back too when life demands you do other things? Then check out Brushfire Plague. The story and action hooked me from the first few pages, and the characters are so familar and likable I felt like they could be my own family or friends. It is definately one of those books I will hang onto, to share and read again. Looking forward to the sequel! :)
Charles
Sep 02, 2013 Charles rated it it was amazing
Loved the book tremendously! Very descriptive, making you feel like you are hanging out, participating, and even having breakfast with the characters. Not only is this a good story but it also has some good tips on character interactions and group interactions during a time of crisis. It is quite refreshing to be able to learn something useful and R.P. Ruggeiro's experience in group dynamics really shines through. Definitely a recommended read and I hope there is a book #2!
Donna Hixon
Dec 10, 2012 Donna Hixon rated it really liked it
I read a good bit of apocalyotic fiction and I would put this on the top shelve. I only hated that the main character is so quick to kill. The story focused a lot on how fast society would break down. It makes me want to order more ammo.
It left it pretty open ended so that the author can let us know what happens next.
Cathy
Apr 28, 2016 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very masculine

I read a lot of these types of books....and this one kept it real...no super hero...just real people...however it was told from a very masculine point of view and a lot of words talked about the weapons where I wish more was used about the circumstances and relationships.
Jeff
Dec 01, 2012 Jeff rated it it was amazing
Excellent book, reminded me of "Lucifer's Hammer".

The author emailed me and based on my reading history recommend this book, and I am thankful. I applaud the authors initiative to contact potential readers.

Highly recommend.
Brian
Mar 18, 2013 Brian rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a couple of block sessions because I just could not put it down. Love this genre and this book is right there with the best if them. Great plot, very well thought out and riveting enough to keep those pages turning. Great book.
Pamh1955
Jul 04, 2013 Pamh1955 rated it it was amazing
This book lacks the elegance of gone and the partials, however, it is my favorite type of book so it gets 5 stars from me. A killer plague and a communities attempt at survival along with some interesting plot twists made this an excellent read for me.
R.p. Ruggiero
Sep 23, 2012 R.p. Ruggiero rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am the author of this work, so please see below for other's reviews. I look forward to your reviews here!

thank you!
Steve
Dec 14, 2013 Steve rated it it was amazing
Emotionally powerful high energy account of of a neighborhood plunged into a sudden plague infested world.

Excellent read and a real page turner!

Pam Shelton-anderson
Oct 21, 2014 Pam Shelton-anderson rated it really liked it
I liked this book. The story line and characters were quite good. Mystery about the deliberate nature of the virus set up the next book well.
Andrea
Nov 22, 2015 Andrea rated it it was ok
Post-apocalyptic fiction. Needs a good editor and an even better proofreader. Similar style and content to Rawles.
D.d. Eves
D.d. Eves rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Roger Long
Roger Long rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Jennie
Jennie rated it did not like it
Jan 31, 2015
Shane
Shane rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Steve
Steve rated it did not like it
Apr 09, 2013
Joel Wyrick
Joel Wyrick rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2013
Suzy Drummond
Suzy Drummond rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Juma Moss
Juma Moss rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Apocalypse Whenever: Brushfire Plague is out and doing well! 11 54 Nov 24, 2013 12:46PM
  • Foreign Enemies And Traitors (The Enemies Trilogy, #3)
  • The Collapse (299 Days, #2)
  • Patriot Dawn: The Resistance Rises
  • The Directives (Holding Their Own #8)
  • Half Past Midnight
  • Liberators (The Coming Collapse)
  • Molon Labe! -- Come and Take Them!
  • A Distant Eden (A Distant Eden, #1)
  • Perdition (The Days of Noah, #3)
  • Ember (Haan, #0.5)