Start by marking “A Question of Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Question of Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #1)

A Question of Will (The Aliomenti Saga #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  698 ratings  ·  63 reviews
They murdered his wife and son. They burned down his house. They beat him within an inch of his life.

And then they realized they had the wrong man.

They should have killed him when they had the chance.

Will Stark is a thirty-five-year-old self-made billionaire. He's happily married and father to a young son he adores. He's well-loved in his community for his philanthropic e
Published September 21st 2012

To ask other readers questions about A Question of Will, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Question of Will

Ever by Jessa RussoThe Short Life of Sparrows by Emm ColeThe Sword of Solonus by Adam MatthewsCharlie Crisp and the Witches of Cobwood by L.M.   YoungPlaces I Never Meant To Go by Shay Lynam
Indie Fantasy – October New Releases
7th out of 18 books — 20 voters
Haunted Tree by Scott Robert SchellerA Matter of Magic by Patricia C. WredeA Question of Will by Alex AlbrinckFirst Truth by Dawn CookThe Fires of Heaven by Robert Jordan
Magic on the Cover
2nd out of 64 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Eddie Cabaniss
As one of the other reviewers said, the beginning of A Question of Will is a bit disjointed, and the whole book is sprinkled with little facts that are all tied together in the end. Despite the quirkiness of the initial chapters, I found this book one that I could not put down until I finished it! What's more, I was left so hungry for the next installment for this series that I had to go purchase it that same day. Give this book, and the author, a chance and you won't be disappointed at all.
Olethros
-Batiburrillo de muchas cosas con aspiraciones de thriller serio de Ciencia-Ficción.-

Género. Ciencia-Ficción.

Lo que nos cuenta. El multimillonario emprendedor Will Stark corre hacia su casa para tratar de evitar la muerte de su mujer y su hijo, para encontrar su hogar en llamas. Y es que minutos antes la férrea seguridad de alta tecnología del exclusivo condominio en el que viven los Stark ha sido rota por un grupo de personas que manifiestan unas habilidades sobrehumanas, con un implacable ases
Cheryl M-M
A meld of Sci-Fi meets dystopian world with secret Uebermensch societies.
It is fairly complex and strewn with small details that often don't become relevant till much later.
The main character is hunted and yet it remains unclear to a certain extent how innocent he really is. The book starts off with a race against time to save his wife and child. He is hunted by the Assassin and my favourite three musketeers, well known from the preque Hunting Will (The Aliomenti Saga - Prequel).
The whole money/
Jay Michaels
I downloaded the book for free through BookBub, but I couldn't get past the first page in my e-reader. The prose's meaning is less than clear, and the style is "fuzzy," for lack of a better way to put it.

Albrinck is still writing his "first million words [before discovering how to really write]," to quote Stephen King. He has plenty of potential, but his ideas are outstripping his execution right now.

Time to get cracking on the rest of those million words so Albrinck can finally get to the goo
Alex
My first book from Alex Albrinck. This was actually a free ebook I downloaded via Book Bubs, and it was definitely a great deal! Initially I wasn't sure about the writing style, but by about a quarter of the way through I was hooked. He does a good job switching between POV's and not confusing the reader too much. Granted, the writing could be a bit better, but overall I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I am certainly going to read the next book in the saga.
Megan
This book started off okay, but veered toward the verbose when every character spent pages and pages musing on what just happened, and the narrator kept providing immense amounts of reflection with no real revelations. Several chapters after an incident, we'd see another character waking up, reflecting on what happened chapters before, and then determining what had happened (which we'd already been told at least twice, at that point). It was too much.

The "technology" was half-assed. Nanos that c
Jo Evans
I found this book to be well written and, in parts, very moving. an enjoyable read tho wrapping my head around the consequences of time travel made my head hurt! I will definitely be buying the next in the series. a recommended read
Jessie Pizanias
Drop everything you're doing and read this book! It's free on kindle but doesn't disappoint. I've just started the third book in the series and have not been disappointed. Thrilling, adventure scifi with amazing characters. I have told everyone I know about this series. Just read it!
Rachael Wiggins
Mind. Blown.

Repeatedly. This was fantastic. I avoided work all day until I finished it, grinning like a maniac the entire time. If you love fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, and suspense? This book is for you. And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go start the next one.
Sam L
I didn't see that ending coming.
Joe
Holy shit this book is pretty intense. I feel like I've been mind fucked after reading it. You know that Dr. Who episode where they go back in time to change an event they're already present at, but fail so they go back in time again to try to change it one last time? Well the book is like that. It's got so much time travel that the MC loops constantly through time affecting his own life, like in Harry Potter where Harry saves himself by going back in time. There's only one timeline so in effect ...more
Marissa
It bums me out that this appears to be the edited version. It could really use another run through or two to tighten things up. I almost quit after the first 2 chapters, but the Goodreads reviews convinced me to press on. I'm not sure if I'm glad. It's an interesting concept, but the storytelling is pretty clunky. Half the plot seems more like plotdump, and the "twists" revealed at the end are pretty obvious from the beginning. (It's not foreshadowing, it's just obvious what we're leading up to. ...more
Jim DePaulo
A different twist for sure

Although I had some difficulty with the time paradox, the story was well told and enjoyable. The use of nanotechnology wasn't a bit of a stretch (to much of a get out of jail card free card); many things could have been explained or accomplished without its overuse.
I look forward to.the next installments.
Elizabeth
What I don't like

I had a hard time getting into the story at first because you're reading about the same scene from at least 5 different point if views. At one point I just wanted the author to get on with it! Finally the story moves on but it still remains a tad confusing until the very end when it all ties together.

What I do like
It definitely keeps you on your toes with the mix of secret society, the evolution of mankind and the unknown: what happened to his family??

I would recommend this bo
Aimeekay
I have mixed feelings about A Question of Will. I wasn't sure I liked it in the beginning...but by the end it had really won me over.

In the beginning Question starts off slow. Yes, it does start off with quite a bit of action. The Aliomenti have sent Hunters and and Assassin after Will and his family. People die, things explode. But it just seems to take a really long time for all of it to happen. Things don't really start to pick up until nearer to the end of the book. Also throughout the book
Gary Sedivy
This story is a soupçon of mythology from Star Wars, the Illuminati, the Spanish Inquisition, and some of the Creighton techno novels. The 'Aliomenti' as well the 'Alliance' both use Energy gathered from the surroundings, trees and animals and living things. Using the Energy they can move things, including themselves, and sense when others are using the Energy. The Aliomenti are evil, not wanting to share this knowledge with 'humans' (basically untrained). Note: both the Aliomenti and the Allian ...more
peter hammerer
Interesting time twist.

Excellent twist of relationships and how they were exposed. Interesting take on world domination and power struggle by those who wish to do so.
Jessica
The story in this book is a sort of thriller with heavy science fiction and fantasy elements. There is a nefarious organization of people with special powers, plus a rebel group that broke away from the others and works in the best interests of the plain old humans. A man and his family get unsuspectingly tangled up in all that business. A dash of time travel spices things up.

The author has some good ideas and a degree of talent with the written word (although he is rather fond of some cliche ph
Meghan
It's ok. The retelling telling retelling telling got a bit old and cause me to skim most of the last half of the book. It's plot was good. The second book doesn't hold any interest for me. Idk. It's a good SCI fi but I think it could have been way better with some heavy editing and less retelling.
Per Gunnar
I have quite mixed feelings about this book. Most of the book I found quite good actually. However, the book eventually goes down the dreaded path of time travel. Anyone who has read a few of my reviews might already know how I feel about time travel. To make it short, I do not like it!

The book starts of minutes before the events in the book blurb but then it does the classical switch to “X hours/days/whatever earlier…”. I am not too keen of those switches either but I can live with it. Eventual
Viral
Dec 24, 2013 Viral added it
Great book, couldn't keep it down and had to finish it. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.
Scott Coleman
Loved it. Brilliant concept, well written... Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Martin Pingree
This was a very entertaining read. I would highly recommend it.
R. James
A Question of Will by Alex Albrinck is one of those novels that, because of telling a story of time travel, can go either way for most readers. Jumping back and forth between different points in time can be very disorienting to a reader, and if done incorrectly, just turns people off to the enjoyment of the book.

In my opinion, Albrinck did a fairly good job of keeping things straight without subjecting his readers to whiplash. Some folks (according to their reviews) didn't like that aspect - and
Daniel J. Weber
Review originally posted at http://digerbop.ca/2013/07/a-question...

The Good:

Right out of the gate, Albrinck throws the reader into the action while we watch Will Stark fighting for his life and the life of his family. If you generally put a book down for it being too slow out of the gate, A Question of Will will give you no problems there. The first third of the book reads more like an action-adventure with a sci-fi focus that leaves just enough draw and mystery to keep the reader engaged.

The P
Jean Brandenburg
I liked this book, but can't quite say why it didn't get 5 stars from me. I think that is seemed a bit repetitious.
Will's wife and son are targeted by assassins, his house burnt to ashes, and he is captured and almost killed but sucked into the ground and wisked away to a place where he is purged of impurities so he is able to connect to all his energy and learns how to use it.
It's interesting and has some nice twists that you should be able to guess at. (but I didn't)
Candy
Space Time Conundrum

Space Time Conundrum

Whenever a story works with time travel you have to have continuity. You don't want to meet yourself, that's bad. You don't want to change history, that's bad. Lots of things to worry about. The story is about two super human groups who don't agree how their power should be used. Then there is the guy caught in the middle.
Crystal
I was truly impressed at how quickly this book gripped me the storyline is amazing. I was kind of concerned in the beginning because there seems so many useless facts useless bits of information useless. That didn't seem to matter but came all together to finish the story with a boom. I cannot wait to find the next book and pick it up and read it
Nicolette
I know once I get further into this series, I'm probably going to go back and re-rate this, but for now - I liked it! It's a good start to what promises to be fun and crazy and any time wibbly-wobbly timey wimey and other fun supernatural elements gets involved in literature (and I can actually follow it) it's going to be a good time.
Sean Randall
I felt this was a little to expansive for its own good; it tried to do too much: almost parapsychic powers, time travel, assassins, paradoxes - it contrived a little to many things into a small page count, and almost seemed to be part of a world that could've done with some more definition in other worrks.
  • Bypass Gemini (Big Sigma, #1)
  • Harbinger (Sodium, #1)
  • Lacuna: Demons of the Void (Lacuna #1)
  • A Shadow in the Flames (The New Aeneid Cycle, #1)
  • Titans
  • From Chaos Born (In Her Name: The First Empress, #1)
  • Artificial Evil (The Techxorcist, #1)
  • Sky Hunter (The Targon Tales, #1)
  • The God King (Heirs of the Fallen, #1)
  • Whatever Gods May Be
  • The Change (The Bachelor Battles, #1)
  • Pride and Honour: The Battle for Saxony
  • Interception (Comet Clement series, #2) and The New Space Race (Comet Clement series, #3)
  • The Cestus Concern (Weir Codex, #1)
  • Battle Earth (Battle Earth #1)
  • The Whale Song Translation: Maui's Brainy Humpbacks Battle the Threat of Navy Sonar
  • Watcher's Web (Return of the Aghyrians, #1)
  • Lady Justice and the Candidate
I am a lifelong Ohio resident, where I live with my wife and three children. When I'm not trying to be in three places at once with my active youngsters, I'm following local professional and collegiate sports teams, or possibly unscrambling a Rubik's Cube. In lieu of sleep, I read and write fiction.

My debut novel, A QUESTION OF WILL, explores themes of technological advancement, human potential (g
More about Alex Albrinck...

The Aliomenti Saga (7 books)
  • Preserving Hope (The Aliomenti Saga, #2)
  • Ascent of the Aliomenti (The Aliomenti Saga #3)
  • Birth of the Alliance (The Aliomenti Saga, #4)
  • Preserving Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #5)
  • Stark Cataclysm (The Aliomenti Saga, #6)
  • Convergence (The Aliomenti Saga, #7)
Preserving Hope (The Aliomenti Saga, #2) Birth of the Alliance (The Aliomenti Saga, #4) Preserving Will (The Aliomenti Saga, #5) Ascent of the Aliomenti (The Aliomenti Saga #3) The Aliomenti Saga Box Set (Books 1-3)