Start by marking “9/11 to Global Jihad: The Grand Plan” as Want to Read:
9/11 to Global Jihad: The Grand Plan

9/11 to Global Jihad: The Grand Plan

A masterfully complex story of Islamic Terrorism and Espionage beginning with an unnerving, catastrophic global assault called 9/12.

As CIA Deputy Director Richard Armstrong leads a global hunt for the 9/12 perpetrators, the US President attempts to limit the search to terrorist organizations and individuals while excluding nation states that helped plan, finance and suppo
ebook, ePub
Published September 22nd 2012 by GrumpyFox Books (first published August 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about 9/11 to Global Jihad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 9/11 to Global Jihad

Cheryl Scott
Oct 31, 2012 Cheryl Scott rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers of international thrillers
Recommended to Cheryl by: First Reads
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in First Reads. I entered this giveaway because I had read Vince Flynn, Tom Clancy and Joel C. Rosenberg (The Last Jihad) and had enjoyed them.

This subject matter certainly is timely. Sadly, it probably will be for some time to come, considering the world situation.

The book opens with a multi-national assault by jihadis that dwarfs the historical 9/11.

Don Gould obviously has a vast knowledge base and a deep love of country that helped him to sustain this amibious and complex na
Barbara Huskey
I won a copy from Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

I could not get into this book and since my to-read book list is huge I am afraid I cannot continue reading a book that I am not that in to. The subject matter is intriguing and I think this could have been a terrific political thriller with the right editor. As others have mentioned there is a wealth of knowledge on display here, but it's just too much for the type of book I was expecting. I applaud the author for the obvious dedication and effor
JC
I won this book as a giveaway and I'm a fan of these types of books. This book was no exception in terms of delivering on an intense thriller with some interesting plot twists. The story focuses on terrorists attacks around the world that are directed primarily at the US.

My biggest issue with this book is the amount of information. This book is packed with all kinds of details about every little thing and at times I was just lost and hoping for some more action more than anything. This book remi
Dec 04, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I'm not well into the book at this point (pg 101) but I'm a little relieved to see that other reviewers can see why. Like they also mentioned, I'm enjoying the subject matter and the way the story is progressing. However, I'm also struggling with the format of paragraphs, quotes and a severe repetition with certain words and phrases. I'm very thankful to have received this book as a first reads giveaway and hope that I'm able to finish reading so that I can give a fair review.

I'm sorry, I just c
Jason Lewis
Nov 29, 2012 Jason Lewis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-won
Gould shows extensive knowledge and research of many global terrorism ideals and methods against the world in the book 9/11 to Global Jihad. The story is a tough read though due to conversational sentence structure. One almost loses perspective because of changes of speaker midway through paragraphs at times. The story also has much repetitiveness making the plot feel like it stalls at times. I feel the plot does not pick up and get moving much until midway through the story. Either cropping out ...more
Linda
While this gives a frightening view of a potential takeover of the globe by Muslim fanatics, it is somewhat believable as our country's leaders seem to be wearing blinders. However, the book was rather thick at 500 pages and there was too much detail (type of wines ordered with dinner and what the characters ate). There were too many characters involved and too much repetition (main character's discussions with the president and then again with his staff). Too much silly names used by senator wi ...more
Mandy Whilden
Oct 19, 2014 Mandy Whilden rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway. I only made it to page 122 before I wanted to throw it out a window. This book has potential but needs MAJOR editing. If I read the word "gents" or "hunk" again I may internally combust. It's not often I DNF books but I cannot finish this.
Kim
Nov 06, 2015 Kim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I am thrilled to have won this book! I can't wait to get it and to read it.
Don Gould
Sep 22, 2012 Don Gould rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
review by Outskirts Press...

Dear Don,

Thank you for submitting your work to Outskirts Press for evaluation. We are honored you have selected Outskirts Press....I want to be the first to congratulate you.

I want to give you my overall impression of your work: You have a terrific writing style. You have obviously done a significant amount planning and preparation in crafting your work. Your prose is nicely written with details that capture the reader. Right from the start your
Jean
Feb 04, 2013 Jean marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received a copy of this book free through the first reads program on goodreads. I wasn't able to get very far in this book. The premise of the novel really interested me, but it really could've used some major editing. It was very difficult to follow and reading it started to seem like a chore to me. Maybe I will pick it up and try it again sometime in the future.
Karry Vanherreweghe
I won this as a Goodreads, First Reads winner. I liked this book because it's so interesting, but it was hard to keep up with at times. Clearly the author knows his stuff so I really like that, it just took a little more time for me than normal to read it. However, I did enjoy it!
Albert
An excellent story, but the writing style was kind of hard to get through. There was a lot of information, the author obviously was knowledgeable on the subject matter. If you can get past the writing style then you'll enjoy the story.

Good Reads giveaway recipient.
Ilona Mustafin
Dec 21, 2012 Ilona Mustafin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Grand Plan was very well written. Sometimes when reading, I've noticed myself being on the same page with Don Gould on what is going on today in our world. I really enjoyed this book being so well versed, outspoken, fast paced.
Lauren
Apr 01, 2013 Lauren marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
**review to be revised when finished**

I am sincerely excited for this book. The plot seems very promising and hopefully will be a great read. Can't wait to see the author's take on this subject matter.
Paul
Nov 27, 2012 Paul is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: I received a free copy of this book from the FirstReads program at Goodreads.com with the promise to review it.

I have begun to read this book and will edit my review upon completion.
Ted
Jan 01, 2013 Ted marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
"*** I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads ***
** The Giveaway was Listed By Don **
* I received my copy on Wed Nov 7th, 2012 *

THANK YOU GOODREADS FIRST READS AND Don! "
Joanna
Feb 03, 2013 Joanna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I won this from a first reads giveaway. I live in Jersey and 9/11 had a huge effect on me.

It was hard to understand at times and a little too wordy.

Thanks for the giveaway!
Yvonne
Jun 24, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise but could definitely see his political leanings. It would be helpful to have an editor or at least someone to read out the dialogue to avoid redundancy.
Andd Becker
Nov 05, 2012 Andd Becker rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book needs editing help for commas, overworked phrases, and paragraphs.
I received this book free through the goodreads FIRST READS program.
Blaise Eby
Dec 20, 2012 Blaise Eby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this on a First Reads, Goodreads giveaway. This book is a wonderful assortment of hypothetical situations and plot.
Walt
Nov 12, 2012 Walt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Walt by: GOODREADS FIRST READS
RECEIVED FREE FORM GOOD READS FIRST READS. A 21ST CENTURY TECHNO-POLITICAL THRILLER OF GLOBAL ISLAMIC TERRORISAM AND ESPIONAGE.
Whitney
Feb 28, 2013 Whitney marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Erdahs
Mar 13, 2014 Erdahs marked it as dearly-departed  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Won as part of the Goodreads first reads program. Review to come.
Pamela Scott
a very informative read for the curious.
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Youngone Kim
Youngone Kim rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2015
Staci
Staci rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2015
Christy Everett
Christy Everett marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013