Start by marking “Love & Rockets, Book 3: Las Mujeres Perdidas” as Want to Read:
Love & Rockets, Book 3: Las Mujeres Perdidas

Love & Rockets, Book 3: Las Mujeres Perdidas (Love and Rockets #3)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  309 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The original, seminal Love & Rockets comic book series, which ran for 50 issues from 1981 to 1996, singlehandedly defined the post-underground generation of comics that spawned Daniel Clowes, Chris Ware, and so many others. Now collected into 15 volumes, Love & Rockets is a body of work that The Nation has described as "one of the hidden treasures of our impoverish ...more
Published August 28th 1999 by Fantagraphics Books (first published May 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Love & Rockets, Book 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love & Rockets, Book 3

Andy
Mar 12, 2008 Andy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: locas
Shelves: comix-novel
The beginning of "Love and Rockets" was non-stop fun, and Jaime Hernandez showed us people we never saw before in comics: Maggie and Hopey, two young latina bi-sexual punk rock girls. We saw them going to punk shows, getting drunk, Maggie escorting her lady wrestler aunt, Hopey playing bass in Ape Sex, Maggie working as a sci-fi robot/spaceship mechanic, etc.
There will never be anything like these comics, so read them over and over again, they never get boring.
Dan Wilson
Jul 11, 2015 Dan Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comix
In my reviews of the first two L&R volumes, I expressed hope that L&R would get better or would start to grow on me. At this point, I think both of these hopes are being realized. The tricky thing is that we are alternately presented with the works of Jaime Hernandez and Gilbert Hernandez (and in other volumes, Mario Hernandez). There are common denominators between the brothers' work: skillful black and white artwork, strong characters decidedly not from Hollywood central casting, and a ...more
D.M.
May 03, 2012 D.M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Jaime gets the cover and the book is titled after his story from this volume, I felt this volume was dominated by Beto. The first 70-odd pages are devoted to Jaime's 'Mechanics' tale, where Maggie is back with Rand Race on a fairly hopeless job. Things happen, some wackiness ensues while back home Hopey has a minor freakout and runs back to her mother...then comes back. Just another day in the lives of the Hoppers gang, with no real revelations but plenty of eye-goggling black & whi ...more
Jim
Mar 29, 2010 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I've heard a lot about the Hernandez brothers (Jaime and Gilbert) and I've even read a few of their stories in anthologies. However, this is the first time I've read one of their books. I picked this one up at the library.

I really enjoyed this book. Jaime's artwork is fantastic. He has a very classical style to his art work and his use of silhouetting is great. In addition to great artwork, his stories are interesting and compelling.

Gilbert's artwork is not as refined as Jaime's, but it is stil
Raven Encinas
May 19, 2014 Raven Encinas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
luuuuuuuuuuuuuuubaaaa
Yvonne
Jun 15, 2009 Yvonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ficciones
Really enjoyed this volume of the collected works. The main story is one of Jaime's more fantastic and the Palomar stories in this one are heartbreaking and funny. Sharp dialogue.
Leah Coffin
Jul 02, 2013 Leah Coffin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Getting easier to follow, not as excessively wordy. I'm kind of liking the shift from weird sci-fi for its own sake to human relationships.
Ian
Jul 08, 2012 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic-realism
The ratio of Jaime to Gilbert in this volume is not ideal, but the Gilbert stuff is still great.
Steven
Apr 13, 2013 Steven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some excellent HeartBreak Soup and Maggie before she was all cool and bisexual.
Ale
Jun 30, 2010 Ale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maggie keeps it all going.
The Sheila
Jun 25, 2007 The Sheila rated it it was amazing
Rena Titanon for president!
Pavel
Pavel rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Ligis
Ligis marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Nate
Nate rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015
Leah McHenry
Leah McHenry marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Asfar
Asfar added it
Nov 12, 2015
James Krstulovich
James Krstulovich rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Dag Luterek
Dag Luterek rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2015
Søren Esbjørn
Søren Esbjørn marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Sep 23, 2015
Crystal Gail
Crystal Gail marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Robet Jung
Robet Jung rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Carys
Carys marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Andrew Calaman
Andrew Calaman rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2015
Barbara
Barbara rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2015
Sara Whizbanger
Sara Whizbanger rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2015
  • Love and Rockets, Vol. 7: The Death of Speedy
  • The Art of Jaime Hernandez: The Secrets of Life and Death
  • The Greatest of Marlys
  • Cages
  • New Engineering
  • When I'm Old and Other Stories
  • Ed the Happy Clown (A Yummy Fur Book)
  • Brought to Light
  • The Fart Party, Vol. 1
Gilbert and his brother Jaime Hernández often write together under the name "Los Bros Hernandez".

Gilbert Hernandez, born in 1957, enjoyed a pleasant childhood in Oxnard, California, with four brothers and one sister. In Gilbert’s words, they were “born into a world with comic books in the house.” His childhood enthusiasm for the medium was equaled only by his appetite for punk rock.

Initiated by ol
More about Gilbert Hernández...

Love and Rockets (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Love and Rockets, Vol. 1: Music for Mechanics