Start by marking “Playing For Keeps (The Alpha Brotherhood, #3)” as Want to Read:
Playing For Keeps (The Alpha Brotherhood, #3)

Playing For Keeps (The Alpha Brotherhood #3)

It's been eighteen yearsand he still wants her

In high school, Malcolm Douglas was a bad boy who stole the heart of small-town girl Celia Patel—as well as her virginity. But life pulled them apartand just as well, for he'd already broken her heart.

Now Malcolm is a world-famous billionaire dedicated to atoning for his sins. When he swoops back into Celia's life, he tells him
Mass Market Paperback
Published April 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Playing For Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing For Keeps

Susan
Very good book. I liked both Celia and Malcolm. When they were teenagers Celia was the daughter of a local judge and Malcolm was the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. But they were in love and that was all that mattered to them. When Celia got pregnant Malcolm started working any job he could find to earn enough money so they could get married. He ended up getting caught in a drug raid and even though he was innocent he was sent to a reform school. He and Celia ended up giving up the baby ...more
Saly
Really good book. The hero is an award winning musician plus works for Interpol. 18 years back, he was a teenager in love with the heroine, they were 16 and crazy and reckless and she got pregnant. The heroine who had been spoiled her entire life, decided to do the right thing, give her baby away but he wanted to keep her, so started working but got caught wrongly and sent to a reform school where he met the members of the Alpha Brotherhood. Life took them on different paths, the heroine had to ...more
Ann Keller
Sep 25, 2014 Ann Keller rated it it was amazing
Really good story about what it would be like to be the girlfriend of a rock star. The trouble is, someone is stalking Celia Patel and only Malcolm seems to be able to save her.

When I learned who was responsible for stalking Celia, I wanted to charge into the book and belt him, too! No woman should be frightened like that.
Amanda Sheila
3.5 stars, good but could be so much better!

It's been a while since the last time I read Catherine Mann's book and I enjoyed this one. The twist at the end is certainly caught me off guard but still, I liked it. Though I was hoping for more drama and a bit stronger heroine, overall I liked this book.

Look forward to read more from this author!
Clare O'Beara
Mar 15, 2015 Clare O'Beara rated it really liked it
Shelves: america-romance
Chart-topper and Grammy winner Malcolm Douglas shows up in his Mississippi hometown to the adoring shrieks of high-school girls. But Celia Patel has a different opinion. She was his school sweetheart eighteen years ago and he left her behind with the law at his heels. Now she's stuck here as a music teacher and their child has been adopted.

Malcolm has an urgent mission - he's heard that threats have been laid against Celia's father, a judge who who is trying a major drugs case. Celia herself is
Yazmin
Apr 14, 2013 Yazmin rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Playing for Keeps by Catherine Mann is a sexy, hot and sweet romance of two high school sweethearts reuniting after 18 years apart.

Celia Patel’s life is simple, and all she wants is to be in peace with her music and her students but unfortunately, with her father being a judge working on a high-profile case, she is receiving life-threats that nobody believes but her.

Malcom Douglas has become a world-famous musician and a billionaire. He promised himself that he would have more money tha
Tawnya
Feb 28, 2014 Tawnya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've really enjoyed reading The Alpha Brotherhood Series by Catherine Mann. And Playing For Keeps was an extraordinary story of high school sweethearts finding their way back to each other, even if an outside source is involved. Malcolm and Celia are both warm giving character's that I almost felt a friendship with, well definitely with Celia at least.
Melissa Maxwell
Mar 30, 2013 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
I really liked Malcolm and Celia's story. They were high school loves but mistakes drove them apart. Malcolm to military school and Celia to Switzerland to give birth. So eighteen years later the are reunited when she is in trouble. I loved the development and the ending though I wanted more but I will with the next books.
KarenF
May 05, 2013 KarenF rated it liked it
I liked this one although Malcolm was a little too pushy for my tastes at the beginning. Once he chilled out and explained himself a bit I liked him a lot more. I liked Celia as well and the glimpses we got of previous couples makes me want to go back and read their stories as well.
Sdeets
Jul 23, 2013 Sdeets rated it really liked it
A sweet story about two people who lost each other as teens, then later in life discovered that they were still connected. It was very fast read.
Whtyac
May 07, 2013 Whtyac rated it did not like it
The story line was an excellent idea but the writing was sub par. There was a lack of connection between the characters and the reader--imo as well as the story line.
Joanne
Feb 15, 2015 Joanne rated it liked it
This was one of the better ones out of the series. I didnt find the series that thrilling to read. Boring at times. Mundane. Not a capture you all kind of series.
Ada
Aug 09, 2014 Ada rated it it was amazing
Que libro más bonito, esta serie me encanta pero este libro, jo.. lo que me hizo llorar. Ya quiero el siguiente
Katie Mccance
Katie Mccance rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2015
Alisha
Dec 10, 2014 Alisha rated it really liked it
3.75
Laura rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2013
Michelle Padilla
Michelle Padilla rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Bobbi
Bobbi rated it liked it
May 21, 2014
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Fran
Fran rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Lindsey Faber
Lindsey Faber rated it really liked it
May 15, 2013
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Angelica
Angelica rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2014
Christa Runge
Christa Runge rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Rae
Rae rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2014
Alessia
Alessia rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2016
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
ஐ฿υκєτஐ rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2013
Angela Crockett
Angela Crockett rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • One Night with the Sheikh
  • Her Return to King's Bed (Kings of California, #14)
  • She's Having the Boss's Baby
  • In the Rancher's Arms (Rich Rugged Ranchers #4)
  • A Conflict of Interest (Daughters of Power: The Capital #1)
  • A Very Exclusive Engagement (Daughters of Power: The Capital #5)
  • A Trap So Tender
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood, #3)
  • Claiming His Own (Billionaires and Babies, #39)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • Wrong Man, Right Kiss (Gage Brothers #2)
  • Secrets, Lies & Lullabies (Billionaires and Babies, #33)
  • Taming the Lone Wolff (Men Of Wolff Mountain #6)
  • A Win-Win Proposition
  • His Instant Heir (Baby Business #1)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
USA Today bestseller Catherine Mann and RITA Award winner, Catherine writes contemporary romance for Berkley, Harlequin, Sourcebooks and Tule. With over sixty books released in more than twenty countries, she has also celebrated six RITA finals, an RT Reviewer’s Award finalist, three Maggie Award of Excellence finals and a Bookseller’s Best win. A former theater school director and university ...more
More about Catherine Mann...

The Alpha Brotherhood (5 books)
  • An Inconvenient Affair (The Alpha Brotherhood, #1)
  • All Or Nothing (The Alpha Brotherhood, #2)
  • Yuletide Baby Surprise (Alpha Brotherhood, #4; Billionaires and Babies, #38)
  • For the Sake of Their Son (The Alpha Brotherhood, #5)