Start by marking “Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kincaid #2)” as Want to Read:
Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kincaid #2)

Blind Justice: A Novel of Suspense (Ben Kincaid #2)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  626 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
When a friend is accused of murder, Ben Kincaid battles to clear her name

Ben Kincaid is too honest for corporate law. When his refusal to compromise his ideals gets him tossed out of Tulsa’s largest, most corrupt firm, he hangs out his shingle on the rough side of town. He works for peanuts—and occasionally chickens—but is safe in the knowledge that he is helping people wh
Published October 2nd 2012 by MysteriousPress.com/Open Road (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Blind Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blind Justice

Gary E
Jul 21, 2016 Gary E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoying this series

I am not sure how I discovered this series so late in its life but I am really enjoying these books.

These are funny, very fast paced reluctant detective stories the twist is that instead of the reluctant detective being some homemaker or baker owner or whatever the deceive is a practicing lawyer who is just trying to find the truth for his client.

So far I have nothing but good things to say about these books and I hope that tend continues!
Therese B
A good read....interesting and suspenseful and it has a lot of humor also. About a lawyer that struggle with judges and other lawyers and most of all struggles because he doesn't have much money is far too generous with the people he meets who are really weird! A fun book to read
Rick Ludwig
This is WIlliam Bernhardt's second Ben Kincaid book and builds on the first very well. The story is captivating and rounds out the characters more than the first book. There are a couple of coincidences that stretch credulity, but not too far. I really enjoy the freshness of the writing and the overall tone of the book and look forward to working my way chronologically up to the current books in the series. I am enjoying the journey so much though that I don't want to skip ahead. Next on my list ...more
Henry Lawrence
Dec 12, 2013 Henry Lawrence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben becomes a sole practitioner and is barely able to hang on. His friend and former legal assistant Christina is arrested for murder and Ben takes the case. It seems that they are going to lose the case when Ben pulls off a Perry Mason finish.
Christina carries over from book 1 as does Mike, Ben's policeman ex brother i law. Ben's old boss who fired him in book 1 is now the judge presiding over Christina's trial.
Two quircky new characters are introduced. Jones, is Ben's secretary, and Loving bec
PWRL
May 05, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Dee
Jan 07, 2012 Dee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author, William Bernhardt, lives in Tulsa; thus, his protagonist,Counselor Ben Kincaid, lives and practice law in Tulsa along with his friend/coworker, Christina.
This is Book II of the Ben Kincaid Series.
Along with other odd and comical characters from Book 1, they manage to solve the crime "Perry- Mason" style.
As in Book 1, someone manages to get his or her "A** IN A SLING", so to speak.
Andrew Carter
Not the best, but entertaining
Stephanie Garehan
This is one of quite a few Ben Kincaide mysteries. Ben is a defense attorney with a very small practice in Oklahoma. He is always getting cases defending the underdogs, and Ben & his team work hard to prove their client's innocence. The characters are likable, real people and the subjects are timely.
Kristi
Aug 01, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
This is the second in a series. The first one was good, but I really liked this one. The characters really developed in this book, with the addition of some fun new ones. Will definitely read some more.
*there is some adult language, but over all, not bad.
Brian
Jun 23, 2014 Brian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
#2 in the series much better than the first. Even with some fairly outrageous plot lines, the author tells a good story and has created and evolved some like able characters.
Carol Ann
This is the second in a series starring Ben Kincaid, a novice lawyer. I enjoy the character and the people around him. I will continue on with William Bernhardt's writing.
Brenda Funk
Funny and witty, a very fast read. Nice for the deck today, but I do prefer a little more substance from my writers. Not very believable. But still, fun.
Stephanie
Amazing storytelling with another surprise ending...seems to be a trend with Mr. Bernhardt!
colleen
Nov 23, 2007 colleen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ill, mystery
read 11.23.07
Solid story. Keeps one guessing until the end.
Eileen
Jan 29, 2011 Eileen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this on audio.
Susan
Nov 21, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
bit too violent
Dave Hunt
Dave Hunt rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2016
Shelley Stevens
Shelley Stevens is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Jessica Marose
Jessica Marose rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Lars
Lars added it
Jul 18, 2016
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Chris Primeaux
Chris Primeaux rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Cath
Cath rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Shelia
Shelia marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2016
fred phillips
fred phillips rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
BeachVol
BeachVol rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Melvin
Melvin added it
Jul 04, 2016
  • In the Name of the Father
  • Places in the Dark
  • Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)
  • Daddy
  • Dead Time (Marti MacAlister, #1)
  • Comes the Dark
  • The Oath (Dismas Hardy, #8)
  • Capitol Murder (Dana Cutler, #3)
  • Trial By Fire
  • One Police Plaza
  • Blackout
  • The Jury (Paul Madriani, #6)
  • The Prosecution
  • The Gospel of Judas: A Novel
  • The Alpine Winter (Emma Lord, #23)
  • Invasion of Privacy (Nina Reilly #2)
  • Billy
  • Don't Say a Word
I love my job!

William loves his job and it shows in his writing. Library Journal has called him the "master of the courtroom drama;" his books have sold more than ten million copies worldwide. The Vancouver Sun dubbed him "the American equivalent of P.G. Wodehouse and John Mortimer." His novel Dark Eye was a psychological thriller that, in the words of bestselling author Lisa Scottoline, "will chi
More about William Bernhardt...

Ben Kincaid (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Primary Justice (Ben Kencaid, #1)
  • Deadly Justice (Ben Kencaid, #3)
  • Perfect Justice (Ben Kencaid, #4)
  • Cruel Justice (Ben Kincaid, #5)
  • Naked Justice (Ben Kincaid, #6)
  • Extreme Justice (Ben Kincaid, #7)
  • Dark Justice (Ben Kincaid, #8)
  • Silent Justice (Ben Kincaid, #9)
  • Murder One (Ben Kincaid, #10)
  • Criminal Intent (Ben Kincaid, #11)

“His only indulgence was the stereo system: Mitsubishi receiver and CD player, Boston Acoustic speakers.” 0 likes