Start by marking “The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office

The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office (The Governor Series #1.5)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  413 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Just Another Day at the Office reveals the never-before-known details of how Philip Blake (aka The Governor) took full control of Woodbury. In this exciting story that takes place between The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor and The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury, Philip unleashes his full fury on the previous leaders of the small walled-off town. This one-man-army, ...more
Published December 4th 2012 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead

World War Z by Max BrooksZombie Fallout by Mark TufoA Plague Upon Your Family by Mark TufoThe End by Mark TufoFeed by Mira Grant
Best Zombie Books
411th out of 1,006 books — 2,493 voters

More lists with this book...

Decent little "short" story, and I do mean short. This was one of those ebooks priced at $.99, and for the first time I felt a little cheated by that price. Not that it was a bad read, but that it was so brief.

Still, rating the content (what there was of it), I enjoyed the 20 minutes or so that it took me to go through this story at a leisurely pace.

I do have one gripe, though. It bugged me when I read Rise of the Governor and this story starts out with it. Whenever the time is noted in these
Short story? This was barely a story at all. At 14 pages this story added nothing to the cannon of these novel. Thankfully I only wasted about 5 minutes reading this waste of time.
What a waste, couldn't they have just attached this 5 pg story to one of the books? Wow the governor killed a shit ton of zombies and everyone loves him.....

Buyer Beware: this is just a super short piece of a story. The 36 pages seems to take into account the first chapter of the next book as well, and that was also included in the first book. This portion was fine- but totally unnecessary for the story and VERY short. Such a quick read that I was feeling a little annoyed that I paid .99c for it. But then again, maybe I’m just that cheap.
Raquel Monteiro
I bought the file from Amazon thinking that it was a short story of 56 pages but it turned out to be a much, much smaller story: it's only 26% of the file. The rest of it is a copy of the beginning of the second book The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury. I felt kind of cheated.
This short SHORT story was not what I expected. It was very disappointing that it was only a few pages long and the rest was the beginning of "The road to Woodbury". The story was not That good. The two novels were great, hope they write another.
Mia Michalek
This is really just a very short story that shows a little bit of background of the governor. I wouldn't waste your money buying it on Nook or any other ereader. The cost isn't worth the story and this is coming from a die hard TWD fan.
This as an important interlude between Rise of the Governor and Road to Woodbury. The exclusive content is only 33% of the total book--misleading and the source of many gripes.
This didn't provide the flavor of the graphic novels or the television series, something you come to look for in books based on a series, but seemed to branch out on its own, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but is disappointing. And while I know this is billed as a short story, it only takes up 25% of the book. The balance of the book is a sneak peak at The Road to Woodbury. I never read these advance previews, so this was another disappointment. It takes a while to get into the narrative o ...more
Leopold Birkholm
Sep 25, 2014 Leopold Birkholm rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: None
Shelves: zombie-books
Well, I was disappointed. Only 15 pages and just about one incident in the story. It does not anything to the genre or the book-series. You are basically paying for a pre-read of two chapters of other books in the series. No, save you money and skip this book in the series. I would not recommend anyone to buy this book.
Wow, okay. This was pretty freaking short. I thought it'd be longer for some reason. Well for .99 cents on my Kindle it wasn't a terrible waste. Still a good short insight into the Governor from the AMC series, The Walking Dead.

This pamphlet describes a short skirmish with a large herd of undead who have breached Woodbury's walls early in the Govenor's residency. This is what cements his leadership role in the minds of the towns people and begins his reign to be later built upon by the last 3 th
A quick slice of zombie invasion set in Kirkman's world of the ongoing TWD graphic novel. For fans of the original Governor! It's really short so find it for free where you can, such as the website of your local library.
Not a bad guy

This was a decent introduction to the Governor before he took on the mantle. Philip Blake seems like a good guy, but we all know how he ends up. Not my favorite, but it is always nice to have background on characters.
Albert Yates
I don't know how to describe this "story" at 15 pages long it's the shortest thing I've read since high school, it tells a single encounter with a horde, and that's about it.
A super-short read, it's literally one chapter of information. The free sample on Google Play has all the pages you need. It's a nice segue between books.
Liz Cee
I have the same complaint as other reviewers. This is a shame because I adore this series of books, along with the TV series and the comics.
Very short, quick read. Definitely worth reading to learn how Brian/Phillip officially became "The Governor."
It's just 5 pages of new story, that was apparently cut off the end of the first book.
Tracy Morton
A short story that is just about killing.
I found this too boring.
I did not find this EXTREMELY short story all that essential to what makes the Governor tick or how he became the Governor in the first place. If you want to know what makes him tick then read the first book, which I did enjoy. To find out how he becomes the Governor, it stands to reason you would need to read the second book, which I plan to do. But, skip this entirely. It's nothing more than a gratuitous waste.
Tracey Alvarez
I realise this was a short story (and it was an okay short story!) but I was a little disappointed when it finished abruptly at 24% and the rest of the book was taken up with a massive excerpt from the first book in the series. Kinda would've been nice to have at least 50% of the book short story and 50% advertising for the next book...
Craig Allen
VERY short--as others have said. What I got was an enjoyable zombie attack and the Governor's handling of it, but it was so short. 25% was the story and the other 75% was a preview of book 2 of the series. Can't fault the material for that but it should have been a free read not 99 cents (first world problem!) :)
David Francesconi
This is a short story. It's only 36 pages long. The story picks right up where The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor ends. It tells how the town of Woodbury fights off a breach in the wall security of the town. I enjoyed the story. I gave it 3 stars only because it was a short story, instead of a book.
They should have saved the time and paper. This is just a few short pages of continued story from the Rise of the Governor (part 1) which should have been kept in the first book. It then rolls into the first 3 chapters of the Road to Woodbury. I don't recommend buying it.
99 cents worth of Governor extras that shows you just how he cleared Woodbury for himself and the others he "saved". Not necessary reading, but if you want the complete story this bridges the gap between books one and two of Governor trilogy.
I wouldn't have purchased this extremely short. story if I knew I would have it read in 5 minutes. Between the books and television series, I didn't feel that this story had any really valuable information that made the purchase worth it.
This book is really about 7 pages of actual short story, and the first two chapters of The Road to Woodbury. Charging a dollar for about 5 minutes worth of reading is no good. Nothing exceptional happens.
Michelle Heegaard
I really love the walking dead <3 Both the books, the series and the comics are fine as well. So I really enjoyed this small view into that world again after an unfortunately long break.
  • The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury (The Governor Series, #2)
  • Tooth & Nail (Benny Imura, #3.5)
  • Dying to Live: Last Rites (Dying to Live, #3)
  • Flotsam & Jetsam
  • As The World Dies: Untold Tales Volume 2
  • Outbreak (The Zombie Chronicles, #1)
  • The Rage Plague
  • Jeremy's Choice (The Peeling, #1)
  • Kellie's Diary #2
  • Apocalypse
The national best-selling author of ten acclaimed books – both fiction and non-fiction -- Jay Bonansinga has been called “one of the most imaginative writers of thrillers” by the Chicago Tribune.

Jay is the holder of a master's degree in film from Columbia College Chicago, and currently resides in Evanston, Illinois, with his wife and two sons. He is also a visiting professor at Northwestern Unive
More about Jay Bonansinga...

The Governor Series (7 books)
  • The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor (The Governor Series, #1)
  • The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury (The Governor Series, #2)
  • The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor - Part One (The Governor Series, #3)
  • The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor - Part Two (The Governor Series, #4)
  • The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor: Parts 1 and 2
  • The Walking Dead: Descent
  • Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead: Invasion
Sinking of the Eastland The Walking Dead: Descent Frozen Perfect Victim Shattered