The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating

The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office (The Governor Series #1.5)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Just Another Day at the Office reveals the never-before-known details of how Philip Blake (aka The Governor) took full control of Woodbury. In this exciting story that takes place between The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor and The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury, Philip unleashes his full fury on the previous leaders of the small walled-off town. This one-man-army,...more
ebook, 36 pages
Published December 4th 2012 by Thomas Dunne Books
more details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 1,093)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  rating details
Chris
Decent little "short" story, and I do mean short. This was one of those ebooks priced at $.99, and for the first time I felt a little cheated by that price. Not that it was a bad read, but that it was so brief.

Still, rating the content (what there was of it), I enjoyed the 20 minutes or so that it took me to go through this story at a leisurely pace.

I do have one gripe, though. It bugged me when I read Rise of the Governor and this story starts out with it. Whenever the time is noted in these...more
Meghan
What a waste, couldn't they have just attached this 5 pg story to one of the books? Wow the governor killed a shit ton of zombies and everyone loves him.....

Cassi
Buyer Beware: this is just a super short piece of a story. The 36 pages seems to take into account the first chapter of the next book as well, and that was also included in the first book. This portion was fine- but totally unnecessary for the story and VERY short. Such a quick read that I was feeling a little annoyed that I paid .99c for it. But then again, maybe I’m just that cheap.
Raquel Monteiro
I bought the file from Amazon thinking that it was a short story of 56 pages but it turned out to be a much, much smaller story: it's only 26% of the file. The rest of it is a copy of the beginning of the second book The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury. I felt kind of cheated.
Alexis
This short SHORT story was not what I expected. It was very disappointing that it was only a few pages long and the rest was the beginning of "The road to Woodbury". The story was not That good. The two novels were great, hope they write another.
Mia Michalek
This is really just a very short story that shows a little bit of background of the governor. I wouldn't waste your money buying it on Nook or any other ereader. The cost isn't worth the story and this is coming from a die hard TWD fan.
Ron
This as an important interlude between Rise of the Governor and Road to Woodbury. The exclusive content is only 33% of the total book--misleading and the source of many gripes.
Michael
This didn't provide the flavor of the graphic novels or the television series, something you come to look for in books based on a series, but seemed to branch out on its own, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but is disappointing. And while I know this is billed as a short story, it only takes up 25% of the book. The balance of the book is a sneak peak at The Road to Woodbury. I never read these advance previews, so this was another disappointment. It takes a while to get into the narrative o...more
Dakota
Wow, okay. This was pretty freaking short. I thought it'd be longer for some reason. Well for .99 cents on my Kindle it wasn't a terrible waste. Still a good short insight into the Governor from the AMC series, The Walking Dead.

This pamphlet describes a short skirmish with a large herd of undead who have breached Woodbury's walls early in the Govenor's residency. This is what cements his leadership role in the minds of the towns people and begins his reign to be later built upon by the last 3 th...more
Albert Yates
I don't know how to describe this "story" at 15 pages long it's the shortest thing I've read since high school, it tells a single encounter with a horde, and that's about it.
Tilley
A super-short read, it's literally one chapter of information. The free sample on Google Play has all the pages you need. It's a nice segue between books.
Gregg
It's just 5 pages of new story, that was apparently cut off the end of the first book.
Ryan S. Bennett
This book is extremely short, the kindle says 53, but it seems more in the 20-30 page range. I haven't read the other 3 books, (1 of which is to be published in March 2014) that take place after this, so I can't speak into if it is necessary to buy this to get a better story. Knowing what I know about Kirkman is very important. With that being said, I wish it was longer, but it was only .99 cents on Amazon.
Jessica
I did not find this EXTREMELY short story all that essential to what makes the Governor tick or how he became the Governor in the first place. If you want to know what makes him tick then read the first book, which I did enjoy. To find out how he becomes the Governor, it stands to reason you would need to read the second book, which I plan to do. But, skip this entirely. It's nothing more than a gratuitous waste.
Craig Allen
VERY short--as others have said. What I got was an enjoyable zombie attack and the Governor's handling of it, but it was so short. 25% was the story and the other 75% was a preview of book 2 of the series. Can't fault the material for that but it should have been a free read not 99 cents (first world problem!) :)
Dominic
They should have saved the time and paper. This is just a few short pages of continued story from the Rise of the Governor (part 1) which should have been kept in the first book. It then rolls into the first 3 chapters of the Road to Woodbury. I don't recommend buying it.
sixthreezy
99 cents worth of Governor extras that shows you just how he cleared Woodbury for himself and the others he "saved". Not necessary reading, but if you want the complete story this bridges the gap between books one and two of Governor trilogy.
Lynn McClimans Davis
I wouldn't have purchased this extremely short. story if I knew I would have it read in 5 minutes. Between the books and television series, I didn't feel that this story had any really valuable information that made the purchase worth it.
Jamie
This book is really about 7 pages of actual short story, and the first two chapters of The Road to Woodbury. Charging a dollar for about 5 minutes worth of reading is no good. Nothing exceptional happens.
Jeff Stockett
This was okay. It's just a short little story about one little zombie battle. But it does help establish Phillip as the leader of Woodbury. (Which will lead to him being The Governor.)
April
This short story is just that, short. Mind you I enjoyed it but save your 99 cents. Most of the 56 pages are the first 2 chapters of the road to Woodbury, which I have already read.
Ruth
Very short. Felt kind of ripped off.
Meghan
For $0.99 it was a good chapter and that's really all this "book" amounts to, but it does add to the plot of the trilogy and worth reading.
Cathie
The book itself was only 25% of the kindle file. the other 75% was a preview of the Road to Woodbury. Kind of disappointing.
Tai Sanders
If you have read the other two books this short story takes place between the two to bridge the gap. A must read !
Cathy
It seems like the new thing to have a very short story between novels. Not sure what the point is really.
Jake
Very very short, but it was a fun read. If you liked Rise of the governor then you will like this.
Danny
OK but way too short. I can't believe they charged for it.
Emily
The Bonansinga efforts are best when they are very short.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 36 37 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »
  • Outbreak (The Zombie Chronicles, #1)
  • The Variant Effect
  • Dying to Live: Life Sentence (Dying to Live, #2)
  • State of Decay: Part One
  • Plagued: The Midamerica Zombie Half-Breed Experiment (Plagued States of America, #1)
  • Kellie's Diary #1
  • Kings of the Dead
  • LZR-1143 Within
  • Tooth & Nail (Benny Imura, #3.5)
  • Apocalypse
  • The Becoming (The Becoming, #1)
  • After: First Light (After, #0.5)
  • Affliction Z: Patient Zero
  • Arcadium (Arcadium, #1)
  • Fortress Britain (Arisen, #1)
  • GAMELAND: Deep Into The Game (S. W. Tanpepper's GAMELAND, #1)
  • The Biomass Revolution (The Tisaian Chronicles #1)
  • Dead Highways: Origins (Book 1)
12425
Robert Kirkman is an American comic book writer best known for his work on The Walking Dead, Invincible for Image Comics, as well as Ultimate X-Men and Marvel Zombies for Marvel Comics. He has also collaborated with Image Comics co-founder Todd McFarlane on the series Haunt. He is one of the five partners of Image Comics, and the only one of the five who was not one of the original co-founders of...more
More about Robert Kirkman...
The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 The Walking Dead, Book One The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us

Share This Book