Stay (Soul Series #3)

Stay (Soul #3)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  14 reviews
His boss may be the woman of his dreams, but ranch manager, Lucas Jennings, thinks Dr. Sidney Blake is few cans short of a six pack. She insists he’s someone else– her lover, this mysterious Wolf fellow who magically appeared in a blizzard, got her pregnant and vanished without a trace.

If Lucas was smart, he’d head back to Nebraska, but every damn time Sydney turns those b...more
Published September 2012 by Julia Barrett

Penny Watson
This is the romantic conclusion to the Soul Series by Julia Rachel Barrett. It's romantic, sexy, with a fascinating portrait of life on a ranch, and an absolutely delicious cowboy hero I want to lasso up and take home with me. I really like how Barrett incorporates paranormal elements into a reality-based contemporary story, and it flows seamlessly and believably. I don't think this is a stand-alone novel; you really need to read the first two in the series to see how all the characters fit toge...more
Katherine Bayless
Nov 05, 2012 Katherine Bayless rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
I read Julia Barrett's Soul Series (INCORPOREAL, IN THE FLESH, STAY) over the span of a weekend and was hooked from the beginning. All three novels kept me turning electronic pages well past my bedtime, as I'm often known to do when I come across an engaging story.

Like I've stated in my reviews of the first two books in this series, I read for escape. I have no trouble suspending my disbelief in order to have a fun ride inside someone else's head. As a paranormal romance, The Soul Series absolut...more
Stephanie
ORIGINAL POST AT STAY By Julia Rachel Barrett Will Rope You In! on FANGS, WANDS and FAIRY DUST 10/8/2012

STAY
The Soul Series, book 3
Julia Rachel Barrett http://juliarachelbarrett.net/
File Size: 441 KB
Print Length: 90 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
E-Book only
Downloaded free in a special sale. No remuneration was exchanged, and, except as noted all opinions are my own. The author is a friend.

His boss may be the woman of his dreams but ranch manager,
Kyra Dunst
I loved this story, as it is the continuation of Wolf and Sydney's story from In the Flesh. I picked this short story up as part of The Soul Series collection. Wolf, or Lukas as he goes by now, is struggling with his dual identity. Their story also bisects that of Sara and Nathan from the other books in the series. This story was wrapped up quite nicely I. The end, but I do hope to see more from this series. I would recommend this author to others.
Delta
Mar 28, 2014 Delta marked it as to-read
Recommended to Delta by: BookGorilla.com
Free on Amazon today, 03-28-14.

Paranormal Romance/Fantasy

Tia
Before I Read The Novel:
The description.. wtf!? I'm so confused.. twins?

In The Novel:
Fourteen pages into it, I'm still confused and can't grasp why the woman wouldn't care about her baby and overall health more. I seriously want to punch her.

Side comments: (as I'm reading the novel)
- Heroine is a retard.
- Hero has brain damage?
- An Archangel, are we really going there?

In The Novel:
I'm still kind of confused but not. The novel was sweet in some ways but a pile of shit in others.

SUCKAGE!:
My brain...more
Josie
Wasn't really my thing. I was confused at the beginning, and only became slightly less so after reading it a second time. Maybe there was another book at the first that i didn't get. In that case completely disregard this. A little bit more of the backstory would have been greatly appreciated
Matilda
A weird book.A paranormal story with a TSTL heroine and a strange atmosphere.Kind of hazy, actually.
Brandi
It could have been great but I just didn't get it. I know I'd strayed reading in medias res, but I should have been able to pick on the myths but I couldn't get in it. Maybe, I'll go back and start from the beginning.
Lynne
A great book. It was book number 3 in the series, I had not read the other 2, but if found that it was not necessary. Mystery, love and endurance. Loved it from start to finish. Great writing.
Clarke
Great short story. Can be read as a stand alone. Description of the book is accurate. This is the 3rd book in the series. Will reread this book after I read the others.
Deanna Drake
The conclusion of this series did NOT disappoint! Once again I loved the characters and story...psychologically thrilling and so well written.
SandraE
An odd yet good story.
Mitzi
Sep 26, 2012 Mitzi marked it as to-read
Bk #3 in Soul Series
Rachel Caplinger
Rachel Caplinger marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Rypleigh
Rypleigh marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Joyce Mohr
Joyce Mohr marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2014
dksport03
dksport03 marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
grumpyoldbird
grumpyoldbird marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Hollow May
Hollow May marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Lost intheFlood
Lost intheFlood marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Megan Nelson
Megan Nelson marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Synita
Synita marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
This author also writes as Julia Rachel Barrett and Julia Barrett.

If one word describes me, it's eclectic. Or so my friends say. I'm a lover of books, poetry, art, history, baseball, barbecue, chocolate, coffee, children, animals and the great outdoors. I'm a hospice nurse as well as a writer, but I got my first job at the age of twelve so believe me when I tell you if my heroines are doing it, I'...more
More about J.R. Barrett...
Incorporeal (Soul, #1) In The Flesh (Soul, #2) Exile (Daughters of Persephone, #1) Reborn (Daughters of Persephone, #3) The Artist