Start by marking “Înflori” as Want to Read:
Înflori

Înflori

Dustin gave up on being worthy of anyone's affections a long time ago, drowning his problems in substance abuse and meaningless encounters. He has learned it's better to avoid love altogether than risk the inevitable moment when it all comes crashing down.

Nicolæ has neither eyesight nor excess, but he does have a wealth of family and intuition. He is nothing that Dustin wo
ebook
Published October 17th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published October 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Înflori, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Înflori

Shelley
Reviewed for The Blog Of Sid Love.

There’s something magical about Înflori … and his name is Nicolæ.

Out of the rain and gloom of a grey day comes a tinkling of bells, followed by the bewitching presence of a blind gypsy stranger offering an unexpected act of kindness. It’s just a cup of tea but it’s the man offering it and what he says, that leaves an inerasable impression on Dustin.

"Try to keep in mind that the sun still shines behind the clouds” (…)

“Simple, something you might say to a child,
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
"Don't beg me Dustin, convince me." The whimper of need from Dustin's throat could not be contained. It rushed out against Nicolæ's palm. "I don't know how."

"Better." Nicolæ smiled. "At least that sounded real."

Înflori really was quite a enchanting story told from the perspective of Dustin, a man with a habit of substance abuse, sex in toilet cubicles and also a shitload of guilt.

Nicolæ, on the other hand, is quarter weather forecaster, a third of animal whisperer, one eighth cryptic and 100% "G
Fehu
Oct 21, 2012 Fehu rated it really liked it
A promising debut novel! I liked the cover first and then the summary intrigued me.

Dustin meets Nicolæ and it's not love at first sight, but there is definitely intrigue, since the man is blind but seems to see more and not less, also the tea was that good. I liked the beginning, was instantly hooked, and fell right into the story. A lonely twink, so it seemed at first, who was wandering through his life without a goal or purpose that is Dustin, and then there is the mysterious stranger, who man
Kelly Wyre
Sep 19, 2012 Kelly Wyre rated it it was amazing
As someone lucky enough to have read Henley's fiction before and to have seen it grow over the months and years, I was eager to read the full-length novel about two of my favorite Henley characters. I read the book in a single sitting on a day when I very much needed some warmth in the chill of my metaphysical house, and I was not disappointed.

The thing about stories is that they mean something different to everyone who reads or hears them. It's the brilliance and importance of stories that they
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
This was a strangely captivating and slightly depressing story. While Nicolæ is blind, Dustin actually seems like the one with a disability. Emotionally damaged from his past, he doesn't allow anyone close or form any type of relationship. Until Nicolæ says a few choice words and Dustin can't get him out of his head, does Dustin realize what he's been missing and try and keep a hold of what he finally has.

At times, I really wanted to smack Dustin. He was an interesting but also frustrating chara
Raphael
Sep 19, 2012 Raphael rated it it was amazing
Dustin and Nicolæ, two men can hardly be more different. If “Înflori” wouldn’t be such a perfect title for this wonderful novel it could also be named “When Worlds Collide”.

Here is Dustin, blessed with good looks and money but his young life shadowed by tragedy. The resulting feeling of guilt leaves him incapable of forming true relationships with others. So he lives a shallow, cynical life in which drugs and alcohol are his only friends.

On the other side is Nicolæ. Poor in possessions but rich
Sara Testarossa
Oct 19, 2012 Sara Testarossa rated it it was amazing
I would say "I could not put this book down", but given that I read it on the computer, I must edit that to say "I could not stop reading from the screen until I was finished".

Înflori is a gripping, compelling novel that tells the love story of the damaged Dustin and the enigmatic Nicolæ. The men live in separate worlds, and want and expect different things out of a relationship, and that is precisely what makes the book so interesting. There is just the right amount of conflict, romance, and s
Kiterie Aine
Oct 05, 2012 Kiterie Aine rated it it was amazing
The story opens with a very mundane tone and setting and then when Nicolae is introduced it becomes more poetic and fantastical which is frankly gorgeous. I love how even the phrasing and the way he writes serves as a reflection of the characters and who they are. The ending was a little anti-climatic, but in some ways that seems to bring a bit more realism into the resolution and I loved the final chapter to no end. It was extremely sweet. I loved the meaning to Dustin's name and how well it fi ...more
Ashley♥Alexis
I loved this story! The writing was interesting and worked really well with the theme of the story. My one and only complaint would be that I wish this was longer. I wanted more non sexual interaction between Dustin and Nico. Nico was just so amazing, I wanted to see more on how they worked together.
Stephanie
Sep 20, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, mm-favorites
4.5 stars.
Gabbi
4.5 Kisses

This is the first book I’ve read by AF Henley and it definitely won’t be my last. I really liked how this author gets into the mind and heart of his heroes while writing a fast-paced, romantic storyline that really gripped my attention.

Dustin is living his life on the edge. He drinks too much and has many one night stands to escape the overwhelming feeling that he isn’t good enough for anything more. After one night of nameless sex, he finds himself hung over and standing in the rain t
Lucy
Oct 24, 2012 Lucy rated it really liked it
There is something very lyrical in the way this author writes, even when it is something less than savory (“no cologne drenched leeches tried to dry-fuck Dustin through clothing”) that brings a mental picture of exactly what is happening. I loved this.

Dustin is a lost soul in fashionable clothing and great hair. He is beautiful on the outside and cold on the inside. He is waiting outside in the rain for a cab, after having yet another one night stand that he left before the Mr. Nobody awoke, wh
A.F. Henley
Sep 19, 2012 A.F. Henley added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Înflori Teaser Excerpt

Însămânţa

There were few things in life Dustin hated as much as the rain. It didn't just make life difficult; it made it all but unbearable: wet shoes, wet hair, wet clothes—dank, dark, moody, blah. It was the kind of weather that teased migraines to life and poked at less than perfect joints. "Weather to hang yourself by," as his grandfather used to say.

The tires of passing vehicles spit ice-cold water, the drivers oblivious to, or uncaring of, Dustin's discomfort and comp
Lavender Wynter
Nov 26, 2013 Lavender Wynter rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lavender by: Kelly Wyre
There is magic. In the story. In the writing and telling of it. In the imagery and the metaphors. In the people.

If you're looking for something to disappear into for stress-relief, well, this might not be the best book. Inflori captivates one in the throws of anticipation more than it relaxes, in my opinion, because I wanted to keep reading to find out what happens with Dustin and just who Nicholae is. I went to bed reading this book with every intention to get a good night's sleep, only to fin
Lily
Jan 06, 2013 Lily rated it liked it
3.6 stars. Overall, this has been a pleasant read although I was not convinced by the romantic relationship blooming between the protagonists, particularly on Nicolae's side. In the first third of the book, the writing had an almost lyrical note to it - a rare quality which I greatly admired, the plot keeping me interested until the end. Quite a few sensitive topics were nicely inserted and developed.

About the romance, I believe that Nicolae remained too aloof throughout the story and often seem
Rubensum
Feb 13, 2013 Rubensum rated it really liked it
I read a lot of m/m fiction and for the most part, I am only looking for one thing so I was a little pensive when the theme of “getting to know the man before the cock” was brought up. That said, Înflori was an enjoyable read, which certainly did not skimp on passion!

Dustin seeks out Nicolæ, without the skills he has relied upon in the past; his body, his money; and begins a relationship through teasing and frustratingly tender encounters, all the while questioning his own worth in the eyes of
kasjo_peja
Nov 26, 2012 kasjo_peja rated it it was amazing
I finished the book few days ago and still can't find the right words to give is justice. It was purely magical.
Sometimes a book just clicks with me. Every sentence resonate with me and I had to stop from time to time to read some passage again, because it's so real, so true and so beautiful. "Inflori" was such a book for me.
Shortly, it a romance between Dustin, who hides his emotional wounds behind a facade of hard party boy, and Nicolæ, who despite his blindness has a gift of seeing more than
Jackie Keswick
Jan 28, 2013 Jackie Keswick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance
So much to love in this story that really caught me in its thralls.
I adore unpredictable dialogue, and this story has more than a few exchanges that leave you pondering their meaning.
The characters are varied and well-drawn and - sorry - but I've fallen for Jewel, whether he's wielding a beer bottle or a knife. He deserves some happiness. Please?
Most of all, though, this is a story of redemption... and for me it delivers.
Thanks for a lovely read!
Amsholerhotmail.com
Nov 21, 2012 Amsholerhotmail.com rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the book immensely and thought it was well written. However I was surprised when I searched for additional novels by A F Henley, that I could not find anything. I can only surmise that this is his first publication. Bravo, if my summation is correct, would have thought this to be a well seasoned writer. Look forward to future publications! Recommend it for a quick and easy read that is provocative and intriguing!
Snowtulip
Apr 14, 2013 Snowtulip rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
The atmosphere within this book was so palpable, I could feel the constant tension with each word and the overlying darkness. Which was so wild because this was a story of coming to terms with your self and personal growth, but that mood that the author created was always there...I was always tense and waiting.

This story isn't for everyone, but I did enjoy it and the snapshot of Nicolae and Dustin that the story provided.
blub
Dec 09, 2012 blub rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story. Dustin can be easily related to and Nicolæ is someone that everyone should have. It's a wonderful story about living, getting over ones grief and forgiveness.
Hearts On Fire Reviews

Shelves: recommended, romance
These two are adorable. ^^
Grace Duncan
Sep 19, 2012 Grace Duncan rated it it was amazing
So, Sunday night, I sat down and brought up Inflori to read while I got some things installed and working on my computer. I figured I'd fill in around things I had to do.

That didn't work so well. Because before I knew what was going on, I was a third of the way through the book and I'd forgotten entirely about the things I was doing on the computer. I gave up on that and instead, simply enjoyed the book.

I actually found myself unsure about Dustin in the beginning, just as I was about Nicolae. Do
Cookie Moretti
Nov 21, 2015 Cookie Moretti rated it liked it

A copy of this book was provided to me by Inked Rainbow Reads in exchange for an honest review.'

3 1/2 STARS

So, this is a slightly depressing but hopeful tale of a boy who is in a path of self destruction. Dustin drinks too much and doesn't seem to care that his life is spiraling out of control. He had a messed up upbringing with his mother so I felt for the poor guy. Sometimes having money doesn't equal instant happiness.

I'm glad he met Nicolae, who isn't rich, but has family, friends and hold
Kazza
Sep 19, 2012 Kazza rated it liked it
Shelves: bought-it

Inflori is about two men. One who is used to an excessive lifestyle, and one who is a believer in kindness, zen sayings and the curative powers of tea. Dustin 'meets' Nicolae one day in the street, Nicolae talks about the sun shining, even behind clouds, and Dustin can't stop thinking about this strange, intriguing man that gave him something warm and encouraging on a hung-over, cloudy day.

Full review at On Top Down Under Book Reviews -
Sue
Mar 08, 2013 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a difficult read for me. I did finish it, but I found the whole 'gypsy' setting rather baffling, and it didn't really work for me.
I was going to give 2 stars, but thought perhaps 2.5 (=3) was fairer, and it is well written by A.F. Henley, but as I've said, the story just didn't do it for me.
I would read something else by this author, just to see if it was a fluke and the next book might be more to my taste.
Sally
Apr 09, 2013 Sally rated it it was amazing
What a lovely book! I really enjoyed the story. I look forward to reading more from you!
Andrea Goodell
Jan 22, 2015 Andrea Goodell rated it it was amazing
This is a story about Dustin and Nicolae. Dustin is a wealthy mid twenties guy that has had a rough but privileged childhood into adulthood and because of that has decided he is better off with the playboy, party life style and has resigned himself to the fact that he won’t or doesn’t want to find that special someone. Nicolae, is a few years older and comes from a very different back ground. And he does believe in a great many things, including that special someone.
Dustin starts he’s morning on
Asha
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Less Than Three P...: AF Henley 9 64 Feb 07, 2013 03:37PM
  • Falling for Rain
  • Winter's Knight  (New Amsterdam, #2)
  • Brute
  • Gasp!
  • Perfect For Me
  • White-Knuckled Moments
  • Indiscretion
  • Special Needs (Special Needs, #1)
  • The Party Boy's Guide to Dating a Geek (Clumsy Cupid Guidebooks, #1)
  • When the Music Stops
  • Imaginary
  • Second Time Lucky (A Middleton Romance #2)
  • Choices (Golden Collar, #1)
  • The Celestial
Henley was born with a full-blown passion for run-on sentences, a zealous indulgence in all words descriptive, and the endearing tendency to overuse punctuation. Since the early years Henley has been an enthusiastic writer, from the first few I-love-my-dog stories to the current leap into erotica.

A self-professed Google genius, Henley lives for the hours spent digging through the Internet for ‘res
More about A.F. Henley...