Start by marking “Roam (Roam #1)” as Want to Read:
Roam (Roam #1)

Roam (Roam #1)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  462 ratings  ·  68 reviews
West Perry has spent his existence searching for- and finding- Roam Camden. In every lifetime that he has found her, he has set out to save her- and in turn, save our world. He has failed six times throughout history to protect her from an immortal evil. Now, in their last life together, seventeen-year-old Roam discovers a way to travel through time and try again, knowing ...more
Published September 4th 2012 by Kimberly Stedronsky

CT
Not your normal paranormal and doesn't involve vampires/angels. The story started off like a teacher/student relationship but the plot moved quite quickly and I was gripped. Love it when a book shocks me and this one had me gasping 'oh no' a few times especially the ending.
Liz Lawson
Camden has been friends with Logan since childhood then she meets West - this is the paranormal story of West, Logan and Camden and their previous lives and fighting to survive evil. I found the story slow going and hard to follow the plot till I got to approx. 80% of the book - now I'm hooked. Following on with "Fall" 2nd book in the series
Josephine
This book was a free download, and what a find it was. This was a fantastic read. It was well-written, fast-paced, with very few typos, unlike a lot of other self-published books these days.
The characters were well-developed, and I found myself wanting to know each of them even more. The story was captivating from the very beginning. I love that Roam is an intelligent and rather mature character, despite her young age of 17. There is little teenage angst, which is atypical of other YA novels. Th
Michelle [Helen Geek]
05/13/2013 --

Overall Rating = 4 Stars
Book Cover / Book Blurb = 3 / 3 = 3 Stars
Writer’s Voice = 4 Stars
Character Development = 4 Stars
Story Appreciation = 4 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars [$Free on Amazon]

What an amazing read. I had no idea I'd like a story like this as much as I did. I stumbled on this one quite by accident -- one of my Amazon freebies. It sat on my Kindle for a month or so as I watched the ratings stay consistently above 4.5 Stars. I just finished a bit of offbeat paranormal an
R.S. Grey
Absolutely loved this book. I sat down to read a part of it yesterday and then I READ THE ENTIRE THING in one day. I bought the entire box set (yay!) so I've already started book two! I would highly recommend this book. It was on my to-read list for a few months and for whatever reason, I never picked it up, and now I'm kicking myself!! I was skeptical of the historical aspect, etc. but it ended up having just enough to keep you interested. The story was fast-paced and I definitely fell for all ...more
Shirley Buchanan
What would you do if you were seventeen and everything you believed in had to change to save the world? You would panic, just like Roam did.

Smart, focused, and college bound, Roam Camden has two goals: become a history professor and have a future with Logan Rush. Happy with her rosy future, she panicked when she touched West Perry, her history teacher. Forces had been set in motion and the fates of two worlds rested on her shoulders. West promised he could save her, but could he?

Handsome,resourc
Jaime
5 + Shiny stars

Words can't quite describe how much i loved this book. I used to love Reincarnation stories and would read them constantly but for the past couple of years i strayed away from Paranormal and would only read contemporary but i downloaded the sample on a whim and i am so glad i did i could not put this book down. I completely fell in love with West and Roam's story and stayed up all night to find out what happened. Half way through i downloaded Book 2 ready. Definitely one of my ne
Amy
Holy cliffhanger!

This book was recommended to me in a book club and I am so glad I decided to read it.
Time travel books are one of my favorites and this one did not disappoint. West is completely swoon-worthy and I loved him he slowly fell in love with Roam even though he promised himself that this time he wouldn't.

Roam was a great character too--loved her strength and determination even as she faced something that most people would run far away from.

I really loved this love story and cannot
T.K. Rapp
Just finished the first book in the Roam Series and I am just floored! I absolutely loved this story and found it to be so imaginative and engaging, that I hated when I couldn't read it. I liked West the moment he met Roam and felt from their first meeting they should be together, I liked Logan, but West was it! Kim took my breath away, especially with the last several chapters and I had tears streaming down my face. I love when a story can do that to me. I'll be reading book 2 VERY soon! <3 ...more
Donna Shomo
My friend, Beth, suggested this book to me. Never would have picked it up on my own, but I loved it. My Amazon Prime membership allowed me to borrow the book for free (caution: I borrowed the first book and then was forced to wait to borrow the next book in the series because you can only borrow one book per calendar month). This book kept me interested the whole way through. I am so excited that it is now April so I can get the next book.
Nicole
3.5 INEVITABLE STARS

Because it was inevitable that I was going to like this. Fated lovers, a prophecy to kill for, elements of time travel and let’s face it, I tuned out after ‘fated lovers’. I love a good old doomed romance.

The snapshot
Roam Camden is an ordinary high school student. Valedictorian with a perfect GPA, a perfect boyfriend and a perfect life plan, i.e. one that doesn’t involve her boyfriend having dreams about killing her, a teacher who has spent his entire existence loving (and lo
Michelle Johns
I got this as a free book an amazon. It was amazing. Could not put it down. Recommended it to my friend. We are hooked.
Lori
I absolutely love this book! I found it on Amazon and read the brief description and it caught my attention. I was hooked from the prologue. The depth of the characters came through easily for me and I loved the way the story unfolded. I didn't have a problem at all with Roam's age being 17 and West 10 years older (like my husband and myself). Once you begin reading, you realize that Roam is not only a very mature, smart and witty 17 year old girl, but she is an old soul. She and West have been ...more
Jenn of Back Off My Books
5/5

There are so many great books out there today and I can't count the number of times I have picked up a book and read it from cover to cover, only to say after "Why did it take me so long to read this?" ROAM is one of those books for me. I had seen it a couple times on amazon, and even saw some mentions through out Facebook but for some reason I was in no hurry to pick it up. This is a sad mistake because this book, the first in the series, is abso-freaking-lutely amazing. I want to shout abou
Kathryn
Brandy Owens
Wow! :D

It's been what feels like a very long time since a book has successfully yanked me into its world through the words. It's been a long time since I've genuinely cared about characters, vicariously experienced their adventures, and was unable to pull myself away from reading for even a moment. I read this book all the way through, my heart in my throat and breathless at times. When I finished, I immediately downloaded a sample of the next book and devoured it with the same ferocity.

I'm disa
Catalina
Sabrina
4.5 stars..

I wanted something different & this did it!!
Book 2... On my way!!
  ღ☆ღ  Brenda
I stumbled upon this series by accident,thinking it was something else.So glad I got it!! Now I am hooked! Can't wait to read the rest of the addicting series.

Time travel,love,and mystery and a whole lot more to you keep you flipping the pages! I don't want to give away to much of the story because it is one that must be read. Very well written and potted out. I have to West is my favorite character and Roam is in the running to being right up there with him.Hoping she shows a little maturity
Angel

I usually don't give out bad ratings but this book just wasn't what I thought it would be. I actually loved the plot, it was the characters that made it a turn off.

The characters always contradicted. One second West is all gentle but the next he's all commando.

I didn't like how Roam's soul - or her past self- were always different personalities. I mean when you have a soul, you would pretty much have the same personality, with some differences.

I didn't like how West kept on saying how
Roam was a very frustrating read for me. The character Roam was very annoying to me and I felt like nothing was really developed so I didn't care about what happened to anyone. I just...everything was too fast and Roam was too wishy washy and not very smart. Some slight spoilers ahead (even though it is obvious from the start how everything will turn out).

So Roam....she was so annoying to me! One minute she is fine with everything, the next she is super hurt and angry, the next she is fine again
Cornelia
this review refers to the series, not just this book.

i was reading many teacher student stories and i wanted to read another one. i didn't realize this was a supernatural story, until i was already hooked to the book. this book start very well, the story is very interesting and it captivates you. the heroine, roam, is refreshing. she's not the usual girl next door that has nothing special, just like all the other supernatural stories (aka twilight). roam is a very intelligent girl, a beautiful g
Andrea
Such an amazing book! I loved it! I don't like paranormal often, but this one brought me in hook line and sinker! I couldn't believe she was a new author. Dying in anticipation for her next book and found it just yesterday and finished yesterday, aaahhh so so good, the cliffhangers, I can't believe I'm saying this are really good ones as opposed to making you angry where the author leaves you, if that makes sense.
Lori
OMG, devoured this in days, would have read straight through if didn't have to earn a living :-;

Yes, the whole prophecy/time travel premise is bit out there, but the characters are so real and lovable. I could not put this down and am now 25% through the 2nd book because I couldn't bear to leave this world. Can't believe I had the good fortune to grab all 3 ebooks in the series up for free.

Ms Stedronsky, you rock!
Tesawe
I started reading Roam a few days ago and I haven't been able to stop reading this series. I am totally in love with it. This book is full of action and is intense. The romance is emotional and angst. I really like West, Roam and Logan. Kimberly Stedronsky is an incredible talented author. She is now one of my favorite authors and I cannot wait to read more of her books.
Krissy
Really interesting idea. West is immortal, Roam is an immortal soul, reborn after she dies. Together they'll have to save the world. They have seven tries, and have failed six times so far.

The ending of the book lets you decide whether to read the rest or not. There's enough closure, that if you didn't want to read the next book in the series, you wouldn't have to continue.
liirogue
Absolutely fantastic, and completely not what I expected! It's billed as a young adult novel, but it deals with some heavy issues. The characters are interesting and full of depth, and the author has them deal and cope with situations in a very realistic way.

Highly recommended, and I will definitely be reading the next book!
Kellie
This book is amazing! I truly enjoyed the entire book. Once, I started I couldn't put it down. It has a very unique plot and it is coming together so well. I feel connected with the characters and the story line is keeping me on the edge of my seat......THIS IS A MUST READ FOR SURE!
Morgan
I really liked the premise behind the story. Often when alternate worlds are involved, it can become hard to keep up with what's going on, but the author does a really good job explaining what is going on. The characters were awesome, and I am eagerly awaiting the second book :)
Anyone read this book series? 3 16 Aug 20, 2013 09:08PM
  • Beyond The Mask (The Beyond, #1)
  • Olivia
  • Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance Series, # 2)
  • Bound to Me
  • Kiss Of An Angel
  • Retribution (Dominion, #3)
  • Whisper
  • Graffiti Heaven (Graffiti Heaven, #1)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • Rainfall
  • Grayson
  • The Devil's Reprise (Devils, #2)
  • Run To You Part Two: Second Glance
  • Beyond Fate (Fate, #1.5)
  • Dark Of The Moon (Vampire/Werewolf Trilogy, #2)
  • Another Dawn
  • The Real Fling
  • Here at Last
Kimberly Adams is the writer of paranormal, horror, new adult, and erotic romance. She enjoys quick walks on the beach, fast dinners, and nineties music. Kimberly lives in Ohio and loves to connect with her readers!

A Note to her Readers:

Hello my wonderful, amazing fans! Back in 2012, I published Roam, my first novel under Kimberly Stedronsky. Eventually, I created the pen name Theresa Rite for my
More about Kimberly Stedronsky...

Roam (6 books)
  • Fall (Roam, #2)
  • Rise (Roam, #3)
  • Rush (Roam, #4)
  • Rule (Roam, #5)
  • Reign (Roam, #6)
Fall (Roam, #2) Below Unforgiven (Movie #1) Rise (Roam, #3) Before A Perfect World (Movie #2) Rule (Roam, #5)