Start by marking “Losing It (Losing It, #1)” as Want to Read:
Losing It (Losing It, #1)

Losing It (Losing It #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  64,998 ratings  ·  4,650 reviews
Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if...more
Published October 15th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published October 12th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Losing It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing It

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Book Boyfriends
49th out of 4,623 books — 17,952 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
10th out of 832 books — 6,196 voters

More lists with this book...

Cora Carmack
Feb 25, 2013 Cora Carmack rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
They say write the book you would want to read. Well... that's what I did.

I hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Update: The print book releases in the U.S. on 2/26/13! And in the UK on 3/28/13!
"That's All" Ash
 photo O6rMJ.gif

I WANTED TO LIKE IT!

Do I get points for that? ;)

Here’s the thing.

It was waaaahaaaay to predictable. Holy Moses, man!

And I get that the cute and sweet books, for the most part, ARE predictable. But uhh… I knew what was goin’ to go down from the get go! I mean, it’s about a twenty-two year old virgin who really wants to lose her V-Card, so what does she do?

She just goes to a bar with her friend to find some random guy to lose it with.

photo snl-sex-1.gif

Nice.

photo r8b511.gif

Lo and behold, the random guy she DOES find turns out...more
Taryn at My Secret Romance

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

This is a prime example of me judging a book by it's cover. But can you blame me?

WOW...I need this book asap! This cover...it's something else! Seriously HOT!

When I look at the cover, I see:
Intensity
Passion
Lust
Deliciously Sinful
Heat
Forbidden Romance

Then I read the blurb, and was like, OH HELL YES! I can't wait to read this book! So I didn't judge too much from the cover...

....but I got none of that.

There is no need to describe the story, the blurb tak...more
Emily May

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

No review is completely objective. But there are two reasons I should warn you of why this review might be prone to even less objectivity than usual:

1) I recently read a book about a teacher/student relationship that was excellent - Unteachable - and it was hard not to com...more
Nadd
Yahoo another sexytime *Yummy

Is it just me? I find that guy on the cover undeniably hott. Another man worth my time *giggles

description

The summary caught my attention. Hope it didnt disappoint me

description

Oh my, couldn't stop thinking about the guy *Drooling

To anyone who is having trouble reading my review. Just click 'see review' instead of 'see more'

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW! ALERT ALERT****

The first thing i need to do before reviewing this book
Just be patient

Okay, Okay review time

I gave this book 5 BI...more
Kristin (KC)
Stop! Cats! Stop... Losing it had me pretty much losing my mind through fits of giggles--courtesy of Bliss and her quirky inner dialogue! I must admit that I headed into this book with some reservation due to the mixed reviews it had initially been receiving. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I very much enjoyed this book.

Bliss, a character whom I won't likely forget, had a comical energy about her that snagged my attention immediately. I loved being inside her head and hearing...more
Jennifer Armentrout
I absolutely loved this book. One of the few reads that have made me laugh out loud. And the steamy scenes? Yep. They were hot. But it was so much more than that. My new favorite book of the year.
Shelly Crane
Ok. This is one of those books that stays with you. In fact, I immediately went back to reread a couple parts as soon as I was done last night, at like 3 am, and then again this morning.

The main character's name is Bliss. For one, I'm so jealous that I didn't think to name a character that. I LOVE it. She reacted to things the way I would have. I love the theater\acting stuff that was talked about. The plot twist with the play and her best friend Cade was genius. I want to go to college with th...more
♥Rachel♥
This story had me at HOT BRITISH GUY!

I was a little worried from the title that Losing It was just going to be about a girl trying to lose her V-card, but I’m happy to say it wasn’t. What you get instead is a sweet story of immediate attraction, and chemistry that develops into more. Have you ever met someone who instantly lit your insides on fire? Well, this is what happens to Bliss when she runs into Garrick.

Twenty-two year Bliss is on her last year of college but has yet to go all the way w...more
rameau
This review can also be found on Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell-blog.

The premise of this novel is really promising: A chance encounter that leads to a taboo relationship between a theatre student and her professor. It’s a shame that it was wasted on such a poor story about a naive little girl and a man whose only charm was his British accent.

As the title says Losing It is about Bliss Edward’s quest to lose her virginity at twenty two and before she graduates from college. She’s supposedly held on to...more
Aestas Book Blog
“Heaven help me but I wanted my professor to be my boyfriend.”

This was a light, cute read and was a wonderful way to spend my Saturday afternoon. If you are looking for a shorter, sweet, slightly fluffy read, this is a great choice!

Bliss Edwards had a problem. Virginity. It wasn’t that she set out to stay a virgin, she just never met the right guy and for one reason another, she ended up in her last year of college and ’it’ had just never happened. So, with encouragement from her best frie...more
Sofia Lazaridou
Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?

5 out of 5 stars.It's reccomended for adult people but I think it's more +16.

The synopsis of the book made me to want to read the book like a man who is dying from thirst wants water.What can I say?I am a sucker for this kind of setuations.

He stood and offered me his arm.“My lady?”
“You don’t want
Jeaniene Frost
I laughed out loud so many times while reading this book. "Stop! Cats! Stop!" may be my new favorite line (if you've read the book, you know what I mean ;)). It also gave me "One More Chapter" disease, because despite being tired when I picked it up, I kept reading until I was done. Very romantic and very funny.
Rose
Pre-read Guess who got an ARC from Edelweiss for this title? :P

I'll likely read it alongside some of the other NA and YA titles I've received from them, it's just a matter of when.

Never mind, wrong book. I'll have to read this one before I read the sequel.

Post-read: I can't decide whether I want to rate this 1 star or 1.5 stars, because it really wasn't as bad as other reads I've had in the genre, but at the same time, there were too many things that annoyed me about this book. I really did not...more
La-Lionne
I can't believe I finally finished this book. It took me two months. And now I don't know why I even bothered to finish at all.
I'm not sure why I'm giving it two stars. I guess it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't even close to being somewhat okay.
description
The reason I picked up this book in a first place was the cover. When I look at it I see a lot of different emotions. Maybe love, lust, frustration, longing, a little sadness. I felt like it was telling a story and I wanted to know more about it. But wha...more
Jen at Reading Lark
Another reread, and I STILL LOVE IT!!! *sigh*

*******************************

Full review to come on Reading Lark (www.readinglark.blogspot.com) on October 21st. Suffice it to say that:

1) I SERIOUSLY LOVED THIS BOOK

2) It made me have feelings of the goosebumps & butterflies in stomach variety.

3) I am immediately rereading this.

UH-MAZE-ING!

*full review follows this*

This is only the second time I have ever immediately reread a book upon finishing it - the other time was when I read the Twiligh...more
Cora Linn
I definitely enjoyed this book. For a lot of the beginning I was grinning like a fool, which was quite embarrassing as I was on a bus at the time. But then the grinning stopped and I found myself huffing and rolling my eyes.

There are lots of hilarious quotes from Losing It that I could pick out and share, but then you wouldn't get the pleasure that I got from them while reading.

I suppose what stopped me loving this book were the main characters, Bliss and Garrick.

I'll not lie, Bliss is a slightl...more
is mee... kissa
3.5

Hello! This sounds interesting.
*sigh* and the guy on that cover is gorgeous.

***

Teaser!
Page 8
He looked up from his reading, and suddenly I found it hard to swallow. He was easily the most attractive guy I'd seen tonight - blond hair falling into crystal blue eyes, just enough scruff on his jaw to give him a masculine look without making him too hairy, and a face that could have made angels sing. It wasn't making me sing. It was making me gawk.

Okay! We have Chapters 1,2 and 3 up on Amazon! Yay...more
Wendy Higgins
This was so cute! Lots of GOL moments (giggle out loud). :-) If you're looking for an adorable NA, pick this up.
Katie Ashley
If I had to sum this book up, it would be adorkable! lol. That's really how I felt about Bliss. She's so awkward and cute--adorably awkward. At times, she read a little YA, more than New Adult, to me, but I think that was meant to be part of her charm. As an English major and teacher, I loved the allusions to Shakespeare, Greek mythology, and Pride and Prejudice(the epilogue was amazeballs on the cute factor!!), and the fact that both Bliss and Garrick are involved in theater.

Love, love, loved...more
Amy
Oct 17, 2012 Amy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2read2

Not was I was expecting at all after the blurb and the cover art.

The characters had no spark. There attraction was all physical with no real substance. The plot was cheesey and I was bored for the most part. The overall tone of the story was more silly than sexy.

Anachronist
DIM W% 4 : REM reserve 4 bytes of memory, pointed TO by INTEGER variable W%
> ?W% = 42 : REM store constant 42; equivalent of 'POKE W%, 42'
> PRINT ?W% : REM PRINT the byte pointed TO by W%; equivalent of 'PRINT PEEK(W%)'

Hel-lo. This is an old computer, COM-MOD-ORE 64, speaking. I was asked to read and review a book. New adult book.

Input material: LOSING IT.
Author: Cora Carmack.
Source: a sadistic reader. SCRATCH. A curious reader.

trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...more
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Loved the book :D Garrick was just *swoon* HOT and British *orgasm* <3
Short read, super hot and a lot of chemistry and the right amount of drama ;)
The one lines were pretty amazing and overall, I really enjoyed the book.

It was like my uterus was tapping out a happy dance on the rest of my organs.
wtf lol

If brains could have orgasms, I’m pretty sure this was what it would feel like.
HEHEHE

____

Hahaha x_x fuck, I'd be so embarrassed.. I'd pass out
and boy does he look BLOWN <3 :O
Regan
Cheesy and basically a life time movie. I have my moments, and sometimes I need a little cheese.
Duchess Nicole
I'm happy to say that this is one of the rare books that I think is better on audio than it would have been reading it. Which was lovely, because for the longest time, the cover made me cringe, and kept me from giving it a shot. Who wants their visuals of the sexy teacher in a teacher/student romance to look like a pale, scrawny fourteen year old? Not me. Interestingly enough, this must not have been my sentiment alone because there are two cover versions.

This:
Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack
and this:
Losing It (Losing It, #1) by Cora Carmack

Much improved!!

Okay, mo...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
You know what pissed me off about this book? The fact that it could have been pretty good, but wasn't. It really, really wasn't. I love English guys, and I dig the idea of some painfully shy virgin gettin' her groove on with a hot British theater prof. Seriously, how do you go wrong with that? I'll tell you how; by crafting one of those most dishonest, cowardly, irritating heroines this side of the nuthouse. The girl...is...useless. She freaks out and lies about having a cat, and then keeps up t...more
Erin
When I saw the cover of this book on a friend's GR page, I knew I had to check it out, and I once I read the blurb I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! Turns out Garrick is just as dreamy as he's personified on this cover, and this was one sexy, fun, sweet romance that I just loved!

Garrick was such a lovable character, it was so easy to fall in love with him right along with Bliss (such a cute name, and perfect for her character!). When she first meets him in the bar that fateful night she was...more
Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus
I love this cover! We all know I'm a cover whore!
Candace
3.5-3.75 stars

photo losingit1.jpg

I totally related to this book. Why?

1.) I was a theater geek.

2.) ”The trouble was...as much as I didn't want to be a virgin, I also didn't want to have sex.”

3.) Bliss is clumsy to the point it's not cute, it's utterly cringe-worthy. And slightly dangerous.

Is this book about MY college years??

On choosing acting as a profession:

”We spend so much time defending our choice to do this that it becomes hard to show any vulnerability at all. There's only so many times you can handle someo
Sammy ⭐️

This is the first book in the Losing it Series and I've got to say I really enjoyed it from start to finish it was hard to put down.

In Losing it we meet Bliss who in her twenties is still a virgin and determined to change the fact on a drunken night out she ends meeting Garrick but can't go through with it.

A few days later Bliss walks into her classroom to find Garrick is her new teacher.

There was great chemistry between the character and it was lovely to watch them fall in love, i'm l...more
who would you cast as Garett in the movie? 20 352 Aug 05, 2014 05:21AM
New Adult Book Club: Losing It 28 269 May 20, 2014 02:13PM
What's The Name o...: Help college profesor and student [s] 7 43 Feb 11, 2014 05:55PM
Swoon-worthy &amp...: Losing It 13 10 Nov 21, 2013 08:11AM
Crazy for Young A...: Losing it (Losing it #1) by Cora Carmack → Start Date: November 14, 2013 22 34 Nov 18, 2013 06:44PM
Swoon-worthy &amp...: Spoiler Thread 1 11 Nov 01, 2013 09:16PM
Weekly Romance: 8/25 - Losing It by Cora Carmack 9 11 Sep 04, 2013 12:43AM
  • Measuring Up
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend Quartet, #2)
  • Lengths (Silver Strand, #1)
  • Leo (A Sign of Love)
  • Falling into You (Falling, #1)
  • Because of Low (Sea Breeze, #2)
  • Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1)
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
  • Metamorphosis (Book Boyfriend, #1)
  • When Summer Ends
  • The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)
  • Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3)
  • No Attachments (Woodfalls Girls, #1)
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend o...more
More about Cora Carmack...
Faking It (Losing It, #2) Finding It (Losing It, #3) Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5) All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1) Seeking Her (Losing It, #3.5)

“Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?”
340 likes
“Are you waiting for an invitation?” I asked, eyeing him standing carefully outside my door. “Is this the part where you tell me you’re a vampire?” He chuckled. “No, I promise the paleness is only because I’m British.” 286 likes