Start by marking “Losing It (Losing It, #1)” as Want to Read:
Losing It (Losing It, #1)

Losing It (Losing It #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  76,441 ratings  ·  5,515 reviews
Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if ...more
Published October 15th 2012 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published January 1st 2012)

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensSlammed by Colleen Hoover
Best Book Boyfriends
50th out of 5,606 books — 20,641 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireEasy by Tammara WebberFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. Stephens
College Romance
11th out of 1,003 books — 6,907 voters

More lists with this book...

Cora Carmack
Feb 25, 2013 Cora Carmack rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
They say write the book you would want to read. Well... that's what I did.

I hope everyone enjoys reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Update: The print book releases in the U.S. on 2/26/13! And in the UK on 3/28/13!
Sasha Alsberg
I actually really liked Losing It! It was a fun, exciting and romantic read! Read it in a few hours!
"That's All" Ash
 photo O6rMJ.gif

I WANTED TO LIKE IT!

Do I get points for that? ;)

Here’s the thing.

It was waaaahaaaay to predictable. Holy Moses, man!

And I get that the cute and sweet books, for the most part, ARE predictable. But uhh… I knew what was goin’ to go down from the get go! I mean, it’s about a twenty-two year old virgin who really wants to lose her V-Card, so what does she do?

She just goes to a bar with her friend to find some random guy to lose it with.

photo snl-sex-1.gif

Nice.

photo r8b511.gif

Lo and behold, the random guy she DOES find turns out
Emily May

I am conducting what I'm shelving as a "New Adult (NA) Experiment". I'm going to work my way through some of the popular New Adult books and see if I can weed out the crap and hopefully find some surprising gems. Here's hoping!

No review is completely objective. But there are two reasons I should warn you of why this review might be prone to even less objectivity than usual:

1) I recently read a book about a teacher/student relationship that was excellent - Unteachable - and it was hard not to com
Taryn at My Secret Romance

This review was posted at My Secret Romance

This is a prime example of me judging a book by it's cover. But can you blame me?

WOW...I need this book asap! This cover...it's something else! Seriously HOT!

When I look at the cover, I see:
Intensity
Passion
Lust
Deliciously Sinful
Heat
Forbidden Romance

Then I read the blurb, and was like, OH HELL YES! I can't wait to read this book! So I didn't judge too much from the cover...

....but I got none of that.

There is no need to describe the story, the blurb tak
Nadd
Yahoo another sexytime *Yummy

Is it just me? I find that guy on the cover undeniably hott. Another man worth my time *giggles

description

The summary caught my attention. Hope it didnt disappoint me

description

Oh my, couldn't stop thinking about the guy *Drooling

To anyone who is having trouble reading my review. Just click 'see review' instead of 'see more'

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW! ALERT ALERT****

The first thing i need to do before reviewing this book
Just be patient

Okay, Okay review time

I gave this book 5 BI
Jennifer Armentrout
I absolutely loved this book. One of the few reads that have made me laugh out loud. And the steamy scenes? Yep. They were hot. But it was so much more than that. My new favorite book of the year.
Kristin (KC)
Stop! Cats! Stop... Losing it had me pretty much losing my mind through fits of giggles--courtesy of Bliss and her quirky inner dialogue! I must admit that I headed into this book with some reservation due to the mixed reviews it had initially been receiving. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I very much enjoyed this book.

Bliss, a character whom I won't likely forget, had a comical energy about her that snagged my attention immediately. I loved being inside her head and hearing
Shelly Crane
Ok. This is one of those books that stays with you. In fact, I immediately went back to reread a couple parts as soon as I was done last night, at like 3 am, and then again this morning.

The main character's name is Bliss. For one, I'm so jealous that I didn't think to name a character that. I LOVE it. She reacted to things the way I would have. I love the theater\acting stuff that was talked about. The plot twist with the play and her best friend Cade was genius. I want to go to college with th
♥Rachel♥
This story had me at HOT BRITISH GUY!

I was a little worried from the title that Losing It was just going to be about a girl trying to lose her V-card, but I’m happy to say it wasn’t. What you get instead is a sweet story of immediate attraction, and chemistry that develops into more. Have you ever met someone who instantly lit your insides on fire? Well, this is what happens to Bliss when she runs into Garrick.

Twenty-two year Bliss is on her last year of college but has yet to go all the way w
rameau
This review can also be found on Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell-blog.

The premise of this novel is really promising: A chance encounter that leads to a taboo relationship between a theatre student and her professor. It’s a shame that it was wasted on such a poor story about a naive little girl and a man whose only charm was his British accent.

As the title says Losing It is about Bliss Edward’s quest to lose her virginity at twenty two and before she graduates from college. She’s supposedly held on to
Srikari Downey Jr.
Apr 20, 2015 Srikari Downey Jr. rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: A Schizophrenic?
So one day, a book was written....

description

It had a boy, with a British accent mind you:

It had a girl:

They were in "love"

description

AND have been through "VERY DIFFICULT SITUATIONS" a tragedy, really.

description

They taught the world an important message through their "problems"

description

So I am just here like...

description

This book bored me to death, but I didn't give up. I stayed strong, I am strong.

Aestas Book Blog
“Heaven help me but I wanted my professor to be my boyfriend.”

This was a light, cute read and was a wonderful way to spend my Saturday afternoon. If you are looking for a shorter, sweet, slightly fluffy read, this is a great choice!

Bliss Edwards had a problem. Virginity. It wasn’t that she set out to stay a virgin, she just never met the right guy and for one reason another, she ended up in her last year of college and ’it’ had just never happened. So, with encouragement from her best frie
Natasha Polis
This was cute. But nothing more, maybe a good book if you're in a slump.
Sofia Lazaridou
Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?

5 out of 5 stars.It's reccomended for adult people but I think it's more +16.

The synopsis of the book made me to want to read the book like a man who is dying from thirst wants water.What can I say?I am a sucker for this kind of setuations.

He stood and offered me his arm.“My lady?”
“You don’t wan
Jeaniene Frost
I laughed out loud so many times while reading this book. "Stop! Cats! Stop!" may be my new favorite line (if you've read the book, you know what I mean ;)). It also gave me "One More Chapter" disease, because despite being tired when I picked it up, I kept reading until I was done. Very romantic and very funny.
Rose
Pre-read Guess who got an ARC from Edelweiss for this title? :P

I'll likely read it alongside some of the other NA and YA titles I've received from them, it's just a matter of when.

Never mind, wrong book. I'll have to read this one before I read the sequel.

Post-read: I can't decide whether I want to rate this 1 star or 1.5 stars, because it really wasn't as bad as other reads I've had in the genre, but at the same time, there were too many things that annoyed me about this book. I really did not
La-Lionne
I can't believe I finally finished this book. It took me two months. And now I don't know why I even bothered to finish at all.
I'm not sure why I'm giving it two stars. I guess it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't even close to being somewhat okay.
description
The reason I picked up this book in a first place was the cover. When I look at it I see a lot of different emotions. Maybe love, lust, frustration, longing, a little sadness. I felt like it was telling a story and I wanted to know more about it. But wha
Whitney Atkinson

typical, but entertaining nonetheless!
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・
description

Thank you, Ashley, for recommending me this book.

Isn't it nice when a book surprises you in such a great way?

I was looking for a book that could get me out of that ugly mood I was in, and boy this book did it. Plus, it was pretty short and I finished it in one sitting!
I related to Bliss in many ways and how she reacted to certain things and I found myself nodding a lot while reading and the rhythm was easy and quick. I really enjoyed Cora's effortless style. I liked it a lot.

Like I was saying, I
Jen at Reading Lark
Another reread, and I STILL LOVE IT!!! *sigh*

*******************************

Full review to come on Reading Lark (www.readinglark.blogspot.com) on October 21st. Suffice it to say that:

1) I SERIOUSLY LOVED THIS BOOK

2) It made me have feelings of the goosebumps & butterflies in stomach variety.

3) I am immediately rereading this.

UH-MAZE-ING!

*full review follows this*

This is only the second time I have ever immediately reread a book upon finishing it - the other time was when I read the Twiligh
Katrina Passick Lumsden
You know what pissed me off about this book? The fact that it could have been pretty good, but wasn't. It really, really wasn't. I love English guys, and I dig the idea of some painfully shy virgin gettin' her groove on with a hot British theater prof. Seriously, how do you go wrong with that? I'll tell you how; by crafting one of those most dishonest, cowardly, irritating heroines this side of the nuthouse. The girl...is...useless. She freaks out and lies about having a cat, and then keeps up t ...more
Regan
Cheesy and basically a life time movie. I have my moments, and sometimes I need a little cheese.
Anachronist
DIM W% 4 : REM reserve 4 bytes of memory, pointed TO by INTEGER variable W%
> ?W% = 42 : REM store constant 42; equivalent of 'POKE W%, 42'
> PRINT ?W% : REM PRINT the byte pointed TO by W%; equivalent of 'PRINT PEEK(W%)'

Hel-lo. This is an old computer, COM-MOD-ORE 64, speaking. I was asked to read and review a book. New adult book.

Input material: LOSING IT.
Author: Cora Carmack.
Source: a sadistic reader. SCRATCH. A curious reader.

trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Amy
Oct 17, 2012 Amy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2read2

Not was I was expecting at all after the blurb and the cover art.

The characters had no spark. There attraction was all physical with no real substance. The plot was cheesey and I was bored for the most part. The overall tone of the story was more silly than sexy.

Wendy Higgins
This was so cute! Lots of GOL moments (giggle out loud). :-) If you're looking for an adorable NA, pick this up.
Cora Tea Party Princess
I definitely enjoyed this book. For a lot of the beginning I was grinning like a fool, which was quite embarrassing as I was on a bus at the time. But then the grinning stopped and I found myself huffing and rolling my eyes.

There are lots of hilarious quotes from Losing It that I could pick out and share, but then you wouldn't get the pleasure that I got from them while reading.

I suppose what stopped me loving this book were the main characters, Bliss and Garrick.

I'll not lie, Bliss is a slightl
is mee... kissa
3.5

Hello! This sounds interesting.
*sigh* and the guy on that cover is gorgeous.

***

Teaser!
Page 8
He looked up from his reading, and suddenly I found it hard to swallow. He was easily the most attractive guy I'd seen tonight - blond hair falling into crystal blue eyes, just enough scruff on his jaw to give him a masculine look without making him too hairy, and a face that could have made angels sing. It wasn't making me sing. It was making me gawk.

Okay! We have Chapters 1,2 and 3 up on Amazon! Ya
Jamie
I honestly did not expect to enjoy this nearly as much as I did. The whole "New Adult" romance concept just did not appeal to me. Yet I kept seeing this particular book popping up amongst others in my circles. Once I read the summary, idle curiosity took over. All I can really say is I am very glad to have given this book a chance!

The concept alone made me smile. I mean, a woman hooks up with a guy just to find out he's her teacher? A bit cliche but also sounded a bit comical based on what I had
Katie Ashley
If I had to sum this book up, it would be adorkable! lol. That's really how I felt about Bliss. She's so awkward and cute--adorably awkward. At times, she read a little YA, more than New Adult, to me, but I think that was meant to be part of her charm. As an English major and teacher, I loved the allusions to Shakespeare, Greek mythology, and Pride and Prejudice(the epilogue was amazeballs on the cute factor!!), and the fact that both Bliss and Garrick are involved in theater.

Love, love, loved
got to read 9 32 Feb 23, 2015 02:49PM
who would you cast as Garett in the movie? 20 401 Aug 05, 2014 05:21AM
New Adult Book Club: Losing It 28 282 May 20, 2014 02:13PM
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #4)
  • Lost and Found (Lost and Found, #1)
  • Back to You
  • My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Tidal
  • Second Chance Boyfriend (One Week Girlfriend, #2)
  • Catching Liam (Good Girls Don't, #1)
  • Falling for the Ghost of You
  • Finding Cinderella (Hopeless, #2.5)
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
  • After Math (Off the Subject, #1)
  • Hard to Love (Hard to Love, #1)
  • Suddenly Royal (Suddenly, #1)
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend o ...more
More about Cora Carmack...

Losing It (3 books)
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
  • Finding It (Losing It, #3)
Faking It (Losing It, #2) Finding It (Losing It, #3) Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5) All Lined Up (Rusk University, #1) All Broke Down (Rusk University, #2)

“Sex.
I was going to have sex.
With a boy.
A hot boy.
A hot BRITISH boy.
Or maybe I was going to throw up.
What if I threw up on the hot British boy?
What if I threw up on the hot British boy DURING SEX?”
368 likes
“Are you waiting for an invitation?” I asked, eyeing him standing carefully outside my door. “Is this the part where you tell me you’re a vampire?” He chuckled. “No, I promise the paleness is only because I’m British.” 308 likes