Start by marking “Pet Sitter: A Jenna Stack Mystery (A Jenna Stack Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Pet Sitter: A Jenna Stack Mystery (A Jenna Stack Mystery, #1)

Pet Sitter: A Jenna Stack Mystery (A Jenna Stack Mystery, #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When criminology student Jenna Stack finally breaks up with her cheating boyfriend Liam, she finds herself broke, single and technically homeless.

Thanks to her best friend Dave and his pet sitting business Tails of the City, Jenna secures temporary housing and a way to make some extra cash. She also comes across a mystery that puts her life in peril.

With varying degrees of
Published September 9th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Pet Sitter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pet Sitter

Becky
Nancy Drew meets Law and Order

What a fun romp of a book! Jenna Stack is a young, feisty, criminology-lesson magnet who finds herself in situation after situation resulting in all manner of mayhem and fabulousness. The pet sitting context is funny and puts the Jenna into the kinds of exotic places a 20-something New Yorker would never be in. A very clever device resulting in cat ladies, precious pups and a reptile of two. The main mystery resolves with a thrill - like a scene from Clue on steroid
Annette
Jenna is a student, a former girlfriend, a part time bartender, very brave and crazy as a bed bug.

She wants to be an expert detective in order to get her brother out of prison for a murder he did not commit.

She has left her boyfriend because he is a cheating scum. Her alternative place to live after she leaves is with a friend who owns a pet sitting business. Dave, her friend, recruits her to work for him.

Her first job is walking a French Bulldog for a very handsome wealthy man. Max the French
Ukgardenfiend
This book is part of the Jenna Stack series.
The dedication at the front indicates that a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the novel will go to a Pet Adoption charity, and this is particularly nice.

the story is based around a mature US College student struggling to make ends meet by working at many part-time jobs. So far, nothing new on the plot... I do have some sympathy for these students as I am more than aware that higher education, especially at PG level, has become increasingly expe
Sharon Michael
This entertaining cozy has lots going for it. I'm not a big cozy fan in many cases, but this one avoids all of the issues I tend to dislike in cozies. The characterization is good, with solid, sensible people that don't overdo the 'dumb blonde' syndrome which I hate. The dog link is good, something that I require as I bred, trained and showed dogs for 20-plus years.

The plot was not unreasonable, the action moved well and I never did find myself shaking my head and thinking 'wouldn't ever happen'
Jeanie Jackson
Enjoyable mystery with action and well drawn characters. Quick thinking post graduate student in criminology by day, bartender buy night. Her life quickly changes when a friend talks her into taking a few pet sitting jobs. Having worked in an animal shelter at one point, Jenny Stack knows she can handle the job but it comes much more than she expects when she and a dog she is walking get caught up in an apparent theft in progress. Her skills and her help place her in a position to investigate th ...more
Yvonna
Fun characters and humor make this mystery an easy read. Main character Jenna gets caught up in mayhem, but sharp thinking gets to the solution. I'll read more of Amy Eyrie's books.
Abbey
Pros: Good mystery, interesting characters, Jenna could grow on one as the series progresses.
Cons: All the wealthy guys in the book are drop-dead gorgeous - where are all the real life types, the Bill Gates or the Donald Trump? Jenna is constantly in a hormones haze, panting desperately over each and every member of the male sex. Does she have no standards at all?
In short, this series could go either way - I'm eager to read the next book to find out which direction it will go.
Rhonda
Just finished Pet Sitter and loved it. Can't wait to read the next book in the series! Really enjoyed the characters and can't wait to see them again.
Eric Beckman
A fun read. I think that it will appeal to a lot of people looking for a quick read that will entertain and keep them thinking which is what a good mystery should do. I'm already wondering what misadventures Miss Stack will find herself in the next edition of the Jenna Stack Mysteries.
Julie
This was fun, quick read. The first few chapters weren't so great (reads like a YA with adult themes). Once the story gets going the writing gets better, mostly because Jenna's voice comes into its own.
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Susie Osborn
Susie Osborn marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Glenda Poulter
Glenda Poulter marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Silvana Kasinski
Silvana Kasinski marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Jenny Feuerhake
Jenny Feuerhake marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I'm a graduate of the Story Workshop at Columbia College Chicago with a BA in creative writing/poetry and a minor in astrophysics.

As a journalist, editor and publicist in both the US and UK, my articles, poetry, reviews and stories have appeared in magazines such as Fantastic Films, Score, Midnight Graffiti, Paramour, New Musical Express and Drew Struzan's Oeuvre (1st Edition).

As an editor, I wo