Start by marking “Three Wise Women” as Want to Read:
Three Wise Women

Three Wise Women

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
One evening long ago, three women in three very different corners of the world are struck by the light of a bright new rising star, and each feels compelled to follow it. The three women meet on a path of starlight, and together they walk through the hills to a small thatched stable, where a baby lies in a makeshift crib, surrounded by expensive gifts. The women have nothi ...more
Published November 18th 2005 by Frances Lincoln Children's Books (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Three Wise Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Wise Women

Courtwiggins
This book was throwing me off at first with its seemingly extreme reference to Christianity but after reading it I see that it is much more than that. I loved how simple and easy to read the book was with beautiful illustrations. It also taught some amazing messages about the power of diversity and how amazing it is but also female unity. The females in this book stole the show from the three wise men.
Jessica
Cute story overall (I did get a little teary at the end!) but some parts were pretty corny ("the moon a fingernail of mother-of-pearl"? The rest of the book isn't quite so over-the-top with trying to be poetic) and the constant references to starlight got old ("star-bread", "path of starlight", "kiss full of starlight", we get it!). We got this from the library and my son had me read it to him a good 20 times!
Matthew
I was not crazy about this book. The story was its weakness. It seemed to have an agenda that it just barely met to bring women into a part of the story where they didn't exist before. I normally like Hoffman, but this one fell short.
Doree Burt
This is one of my favorites. It is a Christ Christmas book. Three women from different parts of the world follow the star and give what they can. They think their gifts are not much, but what they give has symbolic value to Christ's life and teachings.
Cyndi
Very nice, imaginative take on giving. Three women bring gifts to the baby Jesus, after the magi have come and gone.
Carol Roote
Carol Roote marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Javier
Javier marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Lucy
Lucy added it
Dec 30, 2014
Dalia Mahdy
Dalia Mahdy marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Mlovelace
Mlovelace marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2012
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2012
Laura Buechler
Laura Buechler marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2012
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Sandi
Sandi added it
Dec 29, 2011
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Mary
Mary added it
Dec 27, 2010
Mary Hoffman is a bestselling British author and reviewer, born in 1945. She is a true enthusiast of Italy and spends a lot of her time there, which shows in her Stravaganza novels: a series currently in publication. In total, she has written over 80 books, including the aforementioned Stravaganza series and the bestselling picture book, Amazing Grace. Mary is also the editor of a review magazine ...more
More about Mary Hoffman...
City of Masks (Stravaganza, #1) Amazing Grace City of Stars (Stravaganza, #2) City of Flowers (Stravaganza, #3) City of Secrets (Stravaganza, #4)