Start by marking “The Last Exodus” as Want to Read:
The Last Exodus

The Last Exodus (The Earthborn Trilogy #1)

The Earthborn Trilogy: Book One

The Earth lies in ruins in the aftermath of an invasion, the land devastated by an intergalactic war where neither side won. The seas are drying up while the atmosphere corrodes and slowly cooks all remaining life on the now desolate rock.

Few survivors remain, but one of them is Lucas, an ordinary man hardened by the last few years after th
Published September 15th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Last Exodus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Exodus

Marc Aplin
Feb 09, 2016 Marc Aplin rated it really liked it
I don’t read much Science-Fiction, but:

"What would happen if you threw Independence Day, The Walking Dead, and Guardians of the Galaxy into a blender? I can’t say for sure, but it’d probably look something like The Last Exodus."

How could I not check it out, right?

Things kick of with a grim view of future Earth. Out of nowhere, aliens appeared (Independence Day) and all but destroyed our beloved planet. Our cities, our culture, our people – there’s very little left (The Walking Dead). The few hum
Trike
I'm waffling between 2 and 3 stars for this. I didn't hate it but it does have serious issues.

On the one hand the basic idea is interesting: Earth was invaded by aliens and fought them off, but in the process the planet was ruined. At first it seems like the reason for the invasion is a lame cliche of the aliens wanting our water, but it turns out that's a secondary goal. (view spoiler)
Joshua Huber
Jan 03, 2016 Joshua Huber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Went into it thinking it was going to be hard science fiction. It definitely isn't that but it was a very good space opera. The story was well paced and the characters had enough flaws to make them believable in the setting.
Matt Mitrovich
Oct 20, 2015 Matt Mitrovich rated it it was ok
Originally posted: http://amazingstoriesmag.com/2015/10/...

Being a book blogger means its not unusual to receive unsolicited books in the mail to review. Its actually one of the perks of this job, but it is also a lot like playing Russian Roulette. You just never know if you are going to get a good or bad book until you read it. So when I was mailed The Last Exodus by Paul Tassi, first book in the Earthborn Trilogy, I was intrigued by the story description enough on the back of the book to give
Marsha
Oct 25, 2016 Marsha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It ended!

Battle scenes well described and not gory. Scientist had many ideas and fierce knowledge to use for good. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in a new tale, space, other species or are they?
Tim
Oct 20, 2016 Tim rated it it was ok
Not very good.
Lewis MacLennan
Apr 09, 2016 Lewis MacLennan rated it it was amazing
Scalacpa
Mar 23, 2016 Scalacpa rated it liked it
Fun, easy reading sci-fi adventure. A likable alien, a likable hero and a so-so not so likable heroine.
This fast paced story keeps you entertained. Some story bits are too far fetched even as a sci-fi but it is amusing.
A note to male authors everywhere. Why is it that the last female human alive is always a former model? And of course the hero is the last male human alive. Really! The hero gives no description of his physical looks but the female is always perfect in looks even at the end of th
Jahve
Jan 11, 2016 Jahve rated it really liked it
Sci-fi Fantasy. One of the better space operas out there. Light on the science and what of it is discussed the author has got it wrong. Aliens come to earth to get resources and what they want is water. Made out of two of the three most common elements in the universe and some how it's a scarce resource. "Transmuted water" what? And some element earthlings haven't discovered yet used as fuel, when combined with water. Anyway good novel if you ignore the small bits, somewhat similar to space ...more
Eve
Jan 09, 2016 Eve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
LOVED this book. Great straightforward science fiction story with human element to it. Not all about machines/technology, but about survival, humanity, and loyalty. An easy read, well worth checking out.
Maurice Alvarez
Mar 26, 2016 Maurice Alvarez rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this first book in the trilogy. I haven't read the rest yet, and I usually like to reserve judement until I've read the whole thing just in case it doesn't come together well. But since my local library doesn't seem to carry the rest, it might be a while.
Ray Carter
Jun 01, 2016 Ray Carter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good old space opera

From diaspora earth, to battles on Alien planets , to battles in space! What more could one ask for? This is only the beginning sci-fi junkies. Let "Dr" rip Paul!
Katherine
Aug 29, 2016 Katherine rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed The Last Exodus so much that I read it twice. This is not my usual reading practice, but before returning it to the public library, I wanted to savor it again.

Read this book if you enjoy science fiction!
Paul Bacon
Aug 23, 2016 Paul Bacon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first book in this series was excellent, and the others were good. I think I lost some of the excitement in the process of reading all three books back to back
Jack
Sep 19, 2015 Jack rated it liked it
A pretty good book. I didn't always like Asha one of the main characters, but it wasn't such a bad book.
Jake Brzovic
Mar 13, 2016 Jake Brzovic rated it really liked it
Excellent book from start to finish. Hooks you in with the end of mankind and goes in a fun direction. Three great main characters. Can't wait to read book 2.
M.L.
This is a fairly emotional book with strong protagonists but weak villains. I like the mood and tone this book sets, painting a bleak picture on Earth and beyond.
Ron
Aug 28, 2016 Ron rated it really liked it
Entertaining well written book. Credit to the author for providing some clever plot twists that were not entirely expected in a post apocalyptic space opera. An enjoyable read
David Forck
Jun 25, 2014 David Forck rated it liked it
Excellent shot out of the gate by first time writer Paul Tassi. Hoping to see a sequel relatively soon.
Fred21
Fred21 rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Keith
Keith rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Eugene Kienle
Eugene Kienle rated it liked it
May 14, 2014
Pamela Owens-Lee
Pamela Owens-Lee rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2016
David Ballantyne
David Ballantyne rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2016
Joey Olivares
Joey Olivares rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Lars
Lars rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2016
Jodi Doss
Jodi Doss rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2015
Kaculkin
Kaculkin rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Crystal Flores
Crystal Flores rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Going Grey
  • The Time Patrol (Time Patrol, #1-4 omnibus)
  • Superego
  • Le Sixième sommeil
  • The Ark (Children of a Dead Earth, #1)
  • Game Changer
  • The Human Blend
  • The Arrows of Time (Orthogonal Trilogy, #3)
  • Warstrider (Warstrider, #1)
  • The Unincorporated Future (Unincorporated Man, #4)
  • Poseidon's Wake (Poseidon's Children, #3)
  • The Child Eater
  • Alien: Out of the Shadows (Canonical Alien trilogy, #1)
  • iD (The Machine Dynasty, #2)
  • Alien Contact (The Slaver Wars, #2)
  • The Bloodline Feud (The Merchant Princes, #1-2)
  • The First Casualty (Jump Universe, #1)
  • Empire (The Chronicles of the Invaders, #2)

The Earthborn Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Exiled Earthborn