Start by marking “Fever (Breathless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fever (Breathless, #2)

Fever (Breathless #2)

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  39,501 Ratings  ·  2,158 Reviews
Jace, Ash, and Gabe: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Jace, it’s a woman whose allure takes him completely by surprise...

Published April 2nd 2013 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fever

Marina
Oh.my.God.

I don't get it. I absolutely don't.

I mean correct me if I'm wrong.
Let's forget for a moment all the possessive crap that seems to come natural even before you've gotten to know someone.
If you so much as like said someone, would you be jumping into a threesome with your best friend?

And let as just say that ok, said best friend proposed it.
The threesome has several stages.
You can stop any moment now, pal.

And yet, no. Guilt and jealousy don't seem to be enough.

Ok, so here's another clue.
Kristen
4 to 4 1/2 stars

I enjoyed this story much more than I did Rush, the first book in the series. Jace and Bethany, the hero and heroine, were strong, well developed and likable characters. The plot is what romance novels are made of–more fairytale than reality and highly addictive. I was completely riveted while reading this highly erotic, passionate, and engaging story.

Crista's review captured my thoughts and feeling about this book perfectly. I couldn't have said it better.

*ARC provided to Swe
Amy
Apr 11, 2013 Amy rated it did not like it

DNF

Fever is the second book in the “Fifty-shades-esque” Breathless series by Maya Banks. The first book, Rush introduced us to three best friends, Gabe, Jace and Ash who are billionaires and the founders of HCM Global Resorts and Hotels. Jace’s character was portrayed as a kind, sensitive, fun/flirty man with a great love and protective nature to his sister, Mia. That Jace no longer exists in Fever, or at least in the first half of the book. Jace is now a controlling, dominant, hot-headed asshol
Crista

Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

4 stars!

I read this book during a flight, and I must say, between the man sitting next to me looking over my shoulder at what I was reading to the tingles this book gave my girly parts, I’m not sure it was the best decision I’ve ever made! This book is best read in private, preferably near a cold shower!

My favorite movie in the whole world is Pretty Woman starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. I don’t know what it is, but the Cinderella factor always gets
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

*Warning this is going to be ranty and spoilery. I’m too disappointed to censor right now.

*Please don’t let me put you off reading this – I’m guessing I’m going to be in the minority with this one.

I like Rush a lot. It wasn’t the best book I’ve ever read, but it was entertaining, and engaging. I LOVED Jace in Rush. After reading the teaser chapter for Fever, I was beyond excited to get my hands on it. I was SURE I was going to love the story.

Nope. Not even a little.

First, the ménage
Steffi
Apr 02, 2013 Steffi rated it it was amazing

Loved this even more than Rush and I can't wait for Ash's story to come out soon! Fever is a sexy, erotic but still romantic story. If you liked Rush, you'll love Fever, and if you didn't like Rush, you might find that Fever will work better for you. It's not as focused on the kink but heavier on the romance and the characters. The complete joint review with Elizabeth and Crista is posted on www.sweptawaybyromance.blogspot.com

What worked:
I absolutely loved the blend of romance and eroti
Vina
Sep 20, 2014 Vina rated it really liked it
I loved Jace in Rush but now I'm IN love with him!

After reading Rush, the first book in this Breathless trilogy, I wasn't all too impressed. I wasn't that big of a fan of Gabe and his relationship with Mia just was not my cup of tea. I guess all I was missing was the perfect man because I absolutely loved Jace's story!

This book has absolutely nothing to do with Rush..

Where Rush was all about dominance and since-forever-crush and total obsession, this one comes a bit more intense and highlights t
Komal
Feb 16, 2015 Komal rated it did not like it
Shelves: own
DNF (last page 258): My general thought process while reading this book: grrrr, meh, should I just quit? Yeah, I need to quit. No! What if things finally turn around?!? Grrr…"

It got to a point where even the dirty sex wasn't worth sticking around for.

It REALLY irks me when authors try to piggyback off a genre/author that's blowing up and then add nothing more to it. Billionaire dom + meek heroine, who turns out to be a sub + penthouse setting + a group of close buddies = generic. It wouldn't h
Elizabeth (Liz)
Review posted at: Swept Away By Romance

Joint Review: Steffi, Crista & Elizabeth

- What worked -
Elizabeth: I loved the depth of the characters, in particular Bethany and her background. I loved that she was quiet and out of her element, yet had a backbone and a delicate strength and dignity. Jace was dominant, no doubt, but most enjoyable for me was the way Bethany stripped away a lot of the artifice and melted his heart. I'm fascinated by the character of Jack, Bethany's stepbrother. I hope w
Mackenzie
Apr 08, 2013 Mackenzie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Meh. That is what I feel. Meh.

After reading Rush, I actually pre-ordered this. I had high hopes. I was really excited. Could that be the issue? Honestly, I did love maybe 40% of this book. If Gabe was there, I was loving it. I didn't realize how much I liked Gabe until reading this.

Bethany is a young girl, in her twenties, living on the streets. She doesn't have a home. She hasn't had a home in over four years. She is a beautiful girl, and has love for her brother, Jack.

Jack is not
Auntee
Nov 07, 2015 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Well...I'm sorry to say but I just didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one in the series (Rush). I don't know exactly what it was, but I think it had to do with the heroine (Bethany), or should I say the hero's obsession with her--I just didn't get it. Here's this uber-successful alpha-male businessman, with a wild and kinky sex-life (into threesomes with his best friend/business partner Ash), and he becomes obsessed with this uneducated homeless waif. They have nothing in common, he's ab ...more
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
2.5 or 2.9999999..i dont know why i rated this book that low... :/

i LOVED RUSH...lets first get that straight,their isn't a story that would match Gabe & Mia as a couple and yet i found myself comparing and wanting "FEVER" to be a bit more romantic and emotional like the first instead of it being wholly BDSM....

i felt the first half of the story just DRAG with him going on saying.."i want to own you but dont ask me why... " while she stuck to one phase THE WHOLE FREAKING BOOK.....

i just kep
Jayme

The biggest success of this book is the one that I read it to the end.
KatLynne
Maya Banks gives a highly erotic ‘fairy tale’ in this second installment of her Breathless series which centers around the lives of three beautiful, sexy as sin men; Jace Crestwell, Ash McIntyre, and Gabe Hamilton. They’ve been best friends and very successful business partners for many years making their relationship more like family. This group of delicious testosterone are all easily lovable alpha males and the draw to the series.

I haven’t read the first book, Rush, which featured Gabe’s sto
Paula
Sep 13, 2014 Paula rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica

Fever is the second book in the Breathless trilogy by Maya Banks. When I met Jace and Ash in the first book, Rush, I was highly curious about the woman who would break up this double duo in the bedroom. These two best friends find it highly erotic to be with the same woman at the same time. But now Jace has finally found a woman, who he has formed strong amorous feelings for, and he isn’t willing to share.

From the moment Jace sees Bethany serving at his sister's engagement party, he was drawn t
Jen
Phew! What an explosive last 6% of a book!! I might just add that there is not cliffie though!! (Thank goodness for that!) I am giving Fever 4.5 stars; but definitely that half a mark got added due to the major emotional scene towards the end of this at times emotional book. I will start off in saying that I loved this book way better than the first in the series, even though the heroine tended to annoy me at times. I loved Jace, but I knew I would from when I read book one.

Out of Gabe,Jace, and
Lady Allison
Apr 03, 2013 Lady Allison rated it did not like it
Shelves: red-hot-books
This review & others also found on Red Hot Books

Let me preface my review by saying that I loved Ms. Banks' Sweet series. I think she's a talented writer and I have always enjoyed reading the relationships she creates. That being said, this book was hard to get through.

This is the second book in the Breathless series, the story of Jace Crestwell and Bethany Willis. Jace is a self made millionaire who sees Bethany at his sister's engagement party from across the room and wants her immediately.
Book Binge
Aug 02, 2013 Book Binge rated it did not like it
Jace Crestwell, Ash McIntyre, and Gabe Hamilton have been best friends and successful business partners for years. They’re powerful, they’re imposing, they’re irresistibly sexy, and Jace and Ash share everything—including their women.

When they meet Bethany, Jace begins to feel things he’s never experienced before: jealousy, and a powerful obsession that threatens him, overwhelms him—and excites him beyond control.

Jace isn’t sharing Bethany—with anyone. He’s determined to be the only man in her l
Lori McD
2.5, maybe 3 stars

From the other reviews, I'm in the minority here. I'm not gushing over this book. Yeah... I really wanted to like this book, and it was a decent read. But it didn't GRAB me like Maya's and Gabe's story did in book 1. It's not a bad book... it probably deserves a 3 star rating, because I *did* read it, and I *generally* liked it. I just didn't feel the chemistry between Bethany and Jace, despite his obsession with her. It really did seem too much like a cross between Pretty Woma
Didi
********** 3 - 3.5 STARS **********

The second book in Banks' Breathless trilogy was good, though not as good as the first one IMO. This time around we're given the story of Jace and Bethany, a down on her luck homeless woman swept up in an instant and electrifying romance with the billionnaire.

I liked the pacing of this book and have to say that although it didn't wow me as much as the first, Maya Banks writes romance extremely well. It was easy to be caught up in it and I found myself finishing
SanO
Apr 22, 2013 SanO rated it really liked it
Jace's story started out with a big BANG. Literally in every sense of the word, which I loved!

Plot
Uber rich hotel developer, 38-year old Jace Crestwell, meets Bethany Willis at his sister's engagement party held inside his hotel. Bethany is one of the hired helpers. Jace and his best friend Ash have always shared their women, and when Ash propositions Bethany as their latest conquest, she agrees. But deep down Jace isn't comfortable with sharing.

After the one night, Bethany bails, and Jace come
Jacqueline
Jan 22, 2016 Jacqueline rated it liked it
This was an odd marriage of a controlling, bdsm and menage enthusiast billionaire tale with um...Cinderella. Some of the smut was hot as fuck, some started to get a bit repetitive, but for the most part the smut held it together.

She's homeless and down on her luck but she catches the billionaire' s eye and within moments of poking around in her lady closet he's obsessed with her. He moves her in and buys her stuff and she's all wide eyed yet apparently unaffected by materialism because all she
Isabella Francesca
Apr 25, 2013 Isabella Francesca rated it liked it
RATING AROUND 3 - 3.5 STARS

I'm feeling 50/50 about this one. I don't hate it, I don't love it either.

Me while reading the book:

Yep. That pretty much sums it up. First few pages were really interesting. But then as you go along, the story kinda drags you.... The good thing about it is that our hero, Jace Crestwell, is one sexy beast!!! I love him. He's my favorite out of the 3 musketeers. He's sexy, uber alpha, domineering, possessive, sweet, loving, tender, passionate, a very crazy SOB but he
Hannah (bookwormstalk)
3 1/2 stars
I really liked that this was a character driven plot. Early on I thought things would go one way, but they didn't and it's a nice change to have a story go a different way than how I expected.
Starting out I really liked the story...okay aside from the incredibly uncomfortable threesome, that is. And maybe it's my psych class that had me psychoanalyzing everything (especially b/c we're studying masochism and fetishism currently) but it was different in a not fun way. I don't really kno
Elyse
Apr 05, 2013 Elyse rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but not nearly as much as Rush. I didn't feel the chemistry between Jace and Bethany that I did with Gabe and Mia.

When Jace meets Bethany it's love at first sight. They have a one-night stand (one night three-way?) with his friend Ash, with whom he has always shared women. Jace realizes immediately that he wants Bethany to himself. When he wakes up the next morning she's gone.

Jace tracks Bethany down, but finds that she's homeless. He immediately rescues her, providing her wi
AJ
3.5 Intense, emotional and smutty stars!

Book two in the Breathless series, this book features Jace, the second of three gorgeous, controlling Alphas who are best friends, millionaire business partners and who have always lived by the motto “play hard and live free”.

Gabe has fallen in love but that doesn’t mean Jace and Ash are ready to follow him into a life of monogamy. But then everything changes for Jace when he first lays eyes on Bethany and he is drawn to her like he never has before. He an
♥ Melody
Haven't given anything a 1 star in a while. There were more things that annoyed me in this rather than entertain me.

1. Bethany is a 23 year old homeless girl who's been living on the streets for 4 years yet there is no mention whatsoever of her hygiene. How in the world does she keep herself clean? Showers? Grooming? Clothes? Considering the fact that she agrees to have sex with 2 men 2 hours after meeting them, yeah it was an issue for me.

2. Jace performs oral sex and has vaginal & anal s
Cocktails and Books
I was a little disappointed in this entry into the Breathless series. Jace was a character that I really liked in Rush. He was super supportive of his sister, even after he discovered she was having a relationship with his much older best friend. The way he handled the situation made me like him more and I was really looking forward to his book. Unfortunately, Jace turned into Gabe in this book and it was a bit of a turnoff.

Jace lays eyes on Bethany across the ballroom as she worked Gabe and Mia
Steph
I didn’t enjoy this one as much as the first book. Maya Banks really is a wonderful writer. I just didn’t overly enjoy this particular story.

I think that it may be time for me to accept that I don't like bdsm stuff anymore. As soon as a guy pulls out a 'paddle' or a 'crop', I just roll my eyes and think ’Oh God, not another one.' I end up just skimming all that crap to get to the good stuff. What the hell is wrong with really hot, normal sex nowadays? I just feel this whole genre is completely
AnnaLee
AnnaLee rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2016
Super hot reads by Maya Banks??? 2 13 Mar 29, 2016 04:06PM
Did I miss something ladies?? Who else was disappointed? 32 358 Mar 06, 2016 08:39PM
What's The Name o...: ROMANCE: A successful business man and a cater waiter [s] 4 23 Aug 11, 2014 02:15PM
Jace or Ash 21 225 Jun 25, 2014 06:31PM
The Happy Housewi...: Fever (Breathless, #2) 5 8 Jun 02, 2014 04:40PM
The World of Maya...: * 2.Fever 20 51 Nov 02, 2013 07:24AM
Challenge Reading...: Breathless Trilogy by Maya Banks 1 4 Apr 28, 2013 09:57PM
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • Fall into You (Loving on the Edge, #3)
  • Lush (Delicious, #3)
  • Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers, #5)
  • Innocence Defied (New York, #3)
  • Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3)
  • Temptation (Club Destiny, #2)
  • The Denim Dom (Suncoast Society, #5)
  • Because We Belong (Because You Are Mine, #3)
  • Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2)
  • Knight & Stay (Knight, #2)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • Beautifully Revealed (Beautifully #2)
  • The Dominant (Submissive, #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Breathless (3 books)
  • Rush (Breathless, #1)
  • Burn (Breathless, #3)

“Words are just words. The evidence is in how you act, how you react.” 53 likes
“You have more power, more control than you could possibly imagine. My heart is in your hands. That's not bullshit. I'm not saying stuff I think you want to hear in order to manipulate you. I can't be any more honest than this. I'm yours, baby. I'm putting it out there. My heart, my soul, it all belongs to you.” 40 likes