Start by marking “Rush (Breathless, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rush (Breathless, #1)

Rush (Breathless #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  47,210 ratings  ·  3,186 reviews
Gabe, Jace, and Ash: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Gabe, it’s making one particular fantasy come true with a woman who was forbidden fruit. Now she’s ripe for the picking...

When Gabe Hamilton saw Mia Crestwell walk into the ballroom for his hotel’s grand opening, he knew he
Published February 5th 2013 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rush, please sign up.

Lashuri Chan Never read 50 shades before but I'm pretty sure Christian doesn't co own a hotel with his two best friends while being in lust with one of his best…moreNever read 50 shades before but I'm pretty sure Christian doesn't co own a hotel with his two best friends while being in lust with one of his best friend's little sister.......(less)

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
3 Stars

I like sexy books. Y'all know that.

description

It is also well known, that I enjoy reading about damaged, hot, arrogant, alpha males.

description

But, huge BUT.... I like some plot too! Some real angst, feelings, connection, character development and in this case...
description

Cabe is in love with his best friend and partner's younger sister, Mia for years. He is older and he got burned by his crazy ex, so how he decides to approach the situation???
He breaks out a freaking contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, sure... That w
Samantha
How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways:

“Eyes.” he snapped. “On me, Mia. Always on me. You don’t come with your eyes closed. I want to see everything you have when I’m inside you. You don’t ever shut me out.” 21%

“Say my name, Mia. Who owns you? Who do you belong to?” 21%

She should have run, and run, and run, and when she thought she ran far enough, she should have run some more. I guess this was where I was supposed to swoon at all his “alphaness” and “dominance” and just be a puddle of lust?
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
3 1/2 stars

I struggled with portions of this book and had a very difficult time with the hero, Gabe, and his jerky and selfish behavior. I can honestly say, I don't think I've ever read a more jerky and selfish hero. There was nothing sexy or appealing about him or his behavior! That said, I ended up enjoying this story more than I thought I would. It's Maya Banks after all!

Note: I know some may compare this book to Fifty Shades, but this story is NOT a Fifty Shade's "knock off" in any way shap
Auntee
Feb 02, 2013 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the author; fans of erotic romance
I think I liked this one a lot more than I thought I would...and I actually cried at the end. Don't know why I ended up with tears...Ms. Banks must be doing something right for me to get so emotionally involved!

This is the first book in a new trilogy (Breathless) for Maya Banks. The trilogy is about three rich, powerful best friends, all in their late thirties (Gabe, Jace, and Ash). Rush is Gabe Hamilton's story. Gabe is a wealthy real estate mogul/hotelier; a partner in HCM Global Resorts and H
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

I was a little nervous about this one. The last couple of the “dominating billionaire” books I’ve read have been so so for me, and Maya Banks can be a hit or miss author for me. I’m so glad I took the chance.
I really really enjoyed this one.

Gabe
 photo c72d3b33644dceb271613c7c1561169f_zps98544a18.jpg

Mia
 photo 6f5bda998b4f847e2e05d16072da07b1_zpsfc342be8.jpg

I loved the set up (I am a sucker for the “in love with my brother’s best friend” thing)

Gabe was definitely your quintessential alpha male. Add to that a past which has left him with no ability to trust in a relationship, and an obsession with h
Mandi Schreiner
Maya Banks has a new trilogy releasing following three billionaires who run swanky hotels. Although I’m a little tired of the billionaire hero, the blurbs intrigued me so I thought I’d give book one, Rush a try.

Let me say this – sometimes having an asshole hero can be fun. Take Tack for example (Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley). He is initially rude to the heroine, arrogant, demanding in bed etc.. but she writes him in a way that his alpha behavior is coming from a good place. There is romance
Shawna
3 stars – Contemporary/Erotic/BDSM Romance

Thoughts After Reading:

This was a decent erotic romance, but I didn’t really connect with the characters. Their “relationship” felt a bit trite, dull, and emotionless, and I actually got bored with the sex scenes. The angst and drama seemed needless and calculated, although it resulted in some good groveling by the hero. I love Maya Banks, but this didn’t quite live up to my expectations. Hopefully Jace’s and Ash’s books will be better.

Thoughts Before R
P.A. Lupton

This book is a DNF for me. I only made it 25% into the story and hated every second of it. I don't like the characters at all, and so far haven't been able to identify a plot outside of sex. And don't even get me started on the fact that it's exactly like 50 Shades. He presents her with a contract? What I loved about 50 Shades is that Ana fought Christian at every turn and refused to give up her independence. Mia is just handing it to Gabe. And when Gabe says he's going to give the contract to h
Steffi

Original review: www.sweptawaybyromance.blogspot.com

Maya Banks’ newest foray into erotic-romance may seem like another addition to a theme that has been discussed to excess in the erotica world. I urge you not to put Rush in a category before actually reading the book, you will miss out! If you enjoy a good mix of romance, sensuality and sex with fantastic secondary characters and a sweet happy ending, give Rush a try.

“Gabe, Jace, and Ash: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the countr
Amy

Originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-rush-b...

Best friends since college, Gabe, Jace and Ash are now billionaires and the founders of HCM Global Resorts and Hotels. Gabe Hamilton has been lusting after Jace’s baby sister, Mia Crestwell for years now. It’s been an obsession and preoccupation for him and now that she is twenty-four and all woman, he’s decided he will no longer fight it. With the fourteen year age difference between the two, he has never acted on his lust until now.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Okay, it's absolutely blowing my mind that I'm rating this book four full stars but I've got good reason....so here goes...

Literally, the first two thirds of this book, I hated the main character, Gabe. I typically find uber rich, controlling a$$hole-ish guys really hot and I gravitate towards that... But Gabe was straight up dickhead. Sorry, no better word for it. It blew my mind that this young, sweet girl found any redeeming qualities in him other than looks... As long as he didn't open his m
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
She was an obsession, and it made him uncomfortable to admit, but she was a drug in his veins he had no desire to cure himself of.
 photo tumblr_mi46z41rMj1rbcuo5o2_250_zps00d7e48f.gif

Her emotions were a mixture of holy fuck and oh my God.

Same same with how I feel after reading the book.There are some similarities with FSoG but this is different. It has its own level of "fuck up-ness". tsk!tsk!tsk!

photo tumblr_mie4zhJtzD1r7ksqyo1_500_zps3b25ae79.gif

The blurb says Gabe have this obssession with his bestfriend sister, Mia. He propose an agreement to her. To own her. Mia with her huge attraction
H ∞Δnother book Junkie∞
4 STARS ****

Rush by Maya Banks .

The series :Breathless has Three books in it.
Rush ,Fever, and Burn .

Gabe Hamilton, Jace Crestwell and Ash McIntyre—who are best friends and business partners. The men dominate both in the boardroom and in the bedroom. Each novel in the trilogy will explore the relationship of one of the men as he discovers the woman he will love.

It all Started with a contract

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Gabe Always had a certain taste when it comes to his private life. he didn't have a certain complex,
Sanaa
4.5 Sizzling Stars!! I thoroughly enjoyed this story and this series is off to a banging start ;) Call me cliché, but I am a sucker for billionaire guys falling for a much younger girl...when it's done right of course. And this book delivers. I don't think this book deserves the low stars some others have given this. When I saw so many high and low reviews, I had to judge for myself. Sure the book has some slow, drawn-out moments, especially when it comes to the sexual escapades, but overall, it ...more
Marina

HOLY.HOTNESS.BATMAN.

Gorgeous alpha businessman lusting after best friend's younger sister.

Explosive sexual relationship.

Fan-f*cking-tastic grovel to end all grovels.

GO READ IT.
Ashley
This book sounded like it was going to be an awesome read! A man falling in love with his best friend's little sister. Not only is this guy his best friend but his partner in a million dollar company and a "little" protective of his little sister is an understatement!

I like the idea of this kind of love story. All my years of Jr. High and High School I had a HUGE crush on my best friend's older brother, and I think that is a common thing. So, heck this should be good, how it effects the friends
RomanceAddict
50 Shades kind of book, but unfortunately, very disappointing! First of all, the hero talked like every other "damn" hero in Maya Banks contemporaries (save for her HQN Desires which ban the damns and the rest). He's supposed to be rich but sounds like someone who is not even very educated. Then, there's the way he treats Mia. Wow. Talk about a JERK. I love alpha heroes. I happened to love Gideon Cross and Christian Grey (up until the end of book 1). But this hero doesn't even get me a little in ...more
Wendy'sThoughts
3 Stars......

As someone who is open to reading most types of romance, as well as other genres... I like to see what is out there and take a sample. I had read a book by Maya Banks before and although it wasn't something that totally clicked with me, I was open to what she presented. Her style of writing was clear and the experience was something I filed away as ...
ok read about that... let's see what else is out there.
This series came out and I also was learning what I liked... what clicked and
 ~V~

**3 1/2 stars**

This first book in the Breathless series is centered around Gabe Hamilton and Mia Crestwell . Gabe is a hotel mogul..he, along with Mia's big brother, Jace and their other best friend, Ash, build and run hotels in the US and overseas. When Mia was a teenager, her's and Jace's parents died in an accident, so Jace stepped up to the plate and raised Mia. His two best friends, whom he met in college, have always been there for the both of them but apparently Gabe has always had a secr
Bark's Book Nonsense
AJ
This is a hot, dirty, and slightly perverted romance with a totally predictable storyline, but which I really enjoyed!!

Rich billionaire businessman, Gabe, has been badly hurt by love. In order to protect himself from further heartbreak and humiliation, he keeps his sexual relationships strictly controlled, requiring all of his lovers to sign a contract which outlines all of his expectations.

The one woman he really wants to get his hands on is the younger sister of one of his best friends and b
Paula

Mia Crestwell's life changes dramatically when she runs into her brother's best friend, Gabe Hamilton, at his hotel's grand opening. Even though Gabe is fourteen years older than her, she has been lusting after him for a very long time. However, Mia is not the only one who has been fantasizing about a forbidden romance. Gabe has waited a long time to act upon his secret desire to be with Mia. And, now that she is a woman, the time has come for Gabe to make his proposition to have Mia. Not just h
Fiction And Fashion Book Blog
ARC was provided by the Author/Publisher for an honest review:

Rush by Maya Banks was quite a surprise for me. I don’t usually read a lot of BDSM books. Yes, I’ve read Fifty {who hasn’t at this point?!} and the Dark Duet which are among my favorites, but the story has to support the sexual side of the book as well. I just don’t want to read a bunch of sex scenes. Plus anyone who knows me know I’m the farthest thing away from submissive as you can get. Seriously. But Maya Banks definitely has a wa
Mo
I hate to give an author less than 4 stars. Especially Maya Banks - just went through some of her other books that I have read and they all got 5 stars. Need to rate the others that I have read like the Highland series but I know there were high stars also. I just felt I had read this before. Rich guy, best friend's younger sister, she is out of bounds, signed contract, keep it a secret.... I have read Fifty and some of the others of this genre. They all just seem to read the same old same old. ...more
Renee

I enjoyed this book. The beginning reminded me a lot of Fifty Shades of Grey, but as the story progressed it took a different path and the story line managed to shift into a different yet interesting direction.

description

I also enjoyed *Gabe* and *Mia's* characters and I thought they had great chemistry.

I recommend this book and I will definitely be reading the second book in the series of *Jace* and *Ash's* story once it's released --> Love you Jace!!!

******* 4 Stars******
Hannah (bookwormstalk)
Ohhhh my emotions! Deep breath.

Okay I don't know what I expected going into this book, but damn was my heart shattered to bits in the best and worst ways.

I truly felt like I knew the characters--especially Jace, Ash, and Gabe within the first chapter! Gabe as a character was presented in a nutshell without leaving the readers feeling like we were TOLD who he was instead of learning about him. I don't know how Maya did it but, damn, what a great job she did!

This entire book was to-die-for incredi
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
3-4 Stars

First off, if you loved the 'Bared To You' and '50 Shades Of Grey' series, then you will most likely enjoy this one too because they are very similar. If not, you should pass this. My rating is from three to four because some parts felt three stars while others felt four.

This is a book where I didn't entirely love the male protagonist. Gabe Hamilton is a thirty eight year old dominant business man, who is business partners with Mia Crestwell's brother (Jace Crestwell) and best friend (A
Prachi
I do like a possessive hero, I am constantly looking for recommendations for the same. And friends to lovers, lusting since eternity, best friend's sister - these are all tropes which normally have me hooked. But this just didn't work for me. The fact I even finished it is a huge applause to Ms. Banks writing skills. I didn't want to, I just wanted to put down the damn book and cry for all the damage 50 shades and it's legacy is doing to feminism. But I did finish it nonetheless, and yes I still ...more
Sónia Costa
I spent the last few hours dwelling on how to rate this book...
Honestly I never read anything from this author so I didnt know what to expect.
Well as a reader I can honestly say that the authors writing is pretty good, she as creativity and knows exactly out to play her characters, their surroundings, the importance of details. But let me just say this:
Never, EVER was I embarrassed or felt disgusted by the male characters of any books I read.
Ive read tons of romances in my life, even not using
Karen
I am thinking that I should have read some reviews before I bought this one. But I didn't. The blurb sounded so good and something that I would like.

Honestly, I struggled all through this book to connect with the characters. I kept thinking that I was missing something and to just give it the benefit of the doubt. I could see how the plot was leading the reader to forgive Gabe for his actions - I just didn't FEEL it. I was just missing an emotional connection with these characters. To me, I was
The Challenge Fac...: V Audio Nerd, Ezi, Debbie & Sadie - Rush 42 15 Jan 16, 2015 03:53AM
Unanswered Questions in RUSH 6 195 Aug 31, 2014 02:20PM
The Happy Housewi...: Rush (The Breathless Trilogy) - Maya Banks 8 21 Jul 10, 2014 07:08PM
AWESOME READ!! 8 62 Jul 01, 2014 01:04AM
The Happy Housewi...: Rush (Breathless, #1) by Maya Banks 6 14 May 29, 2014 07:55AM
  • Mine to Hold (Wicked Lovers, #6)
  • Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3)
  • Claim Me (Stark Trilogy, #2)
  • Bonds of Need (Wicked Play, #2)
  • Knight & Play (Knight, #1)
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Crash into You (Loving on the Edge, #1)
  • Wicked Burn
  • Travis (Alluring Indulgence, #3)
  • Love and Let Die (Masters and Mercenaries, #5)
  • Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3)
  • Being Me (Inside Out, #2)
  • Locked (The Alpha Group, #1)
  • Beautiful Stranger (Beautiful Bastard, #2)
  • The Training (Submissive, #3)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

Breathless (3 books)
  • Fever (Breathless, #2)
  • Burn (Breathless, #3)
Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1) In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1)

“I'm not stubborn. My way is just better.” 90 likes
“Some crushes just never went away. They built, instead, into something permanent, obsessive and all consuming.” 44 likes