Start by marking “The Perfect Treat: Heart-warming Short Stories for Winter Nights” as Want to Read:
The Perfect Treat: Heart-warming Short Stories for Winter Nights

The Perfect Treat: Heart-warming Short Stories for Winter Nights

2.98  ·  Rating Details  ·  233 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Heart-warming short stories for cold winter nights…

Featuring short stories from Sunday Times bestselling authors Miranda Dickinson and Claudia Carroll and highly anticipated debuts from Mhairi McFarlane and Liz Trenow, this collection is the ultimate treat.

Each short story is followed up by exclusive extracts of each of the authors upcoming titles.

Love, Loss and Coffee Cak
Published September 17th 2012 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about The Perfect Treat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Perfect Treat

Book-shelf Shelf
Nov 14, 2012 Book-shelf Shelf rated it really liked it
This is a perfect treat in bite sizes for book lovers and non readers alike. The short stories from fantastic authors to make you swoon, ahhh and ohhh. It is a perfect book for people that find books overwhelming or only like to read bite size chunks.
Each story takes the reader on a different journey and each author also shares an extract from their latest book.

I was lucky and found this on my kindle, not sure where it came from or when, but i am glad i found it and one thing is for sure.... i
Amanda
Nov 25, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
TUESDAY IS FREE BOOK DAY ON MY BLOG
TODAY IT IS
THE PERFECT TREAT BY MIANDA DICKINSON

THE BLURB
Heart-warming short stories for cold winter nights…

Love, Loss and Coffee Cake: Through tears, heartbreak and the undying hope of love, a tale of a pair of star-crossed lovers.

It’s A Wonderful Life: A comedy that proves you should be very careful what you wish for.

Drivin
Lucinda
Dec 29, 2012 Lucinda rated it liked it
A tantalizingly tempting treat for Christmas that will melt the heart and fill one with joy and optimism!

This special treat is filled with five different short stories, each with their own unique message and inner meaning. Containing teasers and short features by Sunday Times bestselling authors, this brilliant book is a great seasonal read and fabulous chick-lit treasure trove. Including also exclusive extracts of each author’s upcoming titles, you will certainly find other works of fiction to
Cait
Dec 26, 2014 Cait rated it liked it
Nice quick little read - just what I wanted at the time.

Most of the stories had a hint of Christmas in them - just right for this time of year.

The stories were mostly just the right length, though I think the take on It's A Wonderful Life would've been better if it was longer.

May look out for longer stories by these authors in the future, if I'm in the mood for something fluffy.
Terrie
Jan 22, 2013 Terrie rated it it was ok
Shelves: 10000-in-2013
This book was free when I downloaded it, but if I had I paid for it, I would have felt cheated. At least 50% of the book is previews of novels by the 5 short story authors. I skipped over these, although I did look up book reviews of some of them elsewhere.

I was split over the short stories themselves. I like having something I can read in a half hour break and all these stories fitted that criteria. The first few stories I really enjoyed, although they were predictable and written to a formula
Jodi
Jul 23, 2014 Jodi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite liked this book. Especially White Christmas (that is why it has 4 stars instead of 3) Be careful what you wish for easy to read story that can be read during tube stops.
Elletee
Dec 31, 2015 Elletee rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2015
Disappointing! I didn't find half of these stories at all heart warming, in fact they were a tad depressing. Even the humorous feature ended up being a rant.
I did enjoy "It's a Wonderful Life" and the excerpt from Miranda Dickinson.
Kerrian Adebanjo
Sep 09, 2015 Kerrian Adebanjo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful

The stories are indeed heart-warming. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Good for relaxing with when you take that much needed break.
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 17/09/2012
Author: Miranda Dickinson
Recommended for: fans of short sweet stories
Edition: Kindle

I found this little short story (129 pages) on the Kindle Store for free and as I love these kind of books I thought I would give it a try.It does what it says on the tin...it is a good heartwarming book of short stories for them cold winter nights. If you want quick little reads with a nice happy ending..then look no further than this book. I thought that they were all good reads and they ea
Chrissie
Jun 22, 2014 Chrissie rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed these short stories. Some were excellent and thought provoking.
Hannah (Lemonade Library)
Nov 13, 2012 Hannah (Lemonade Library) rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ebook, adult-fiction
I enjoyed these stories a lot, perfect for a spare 10 minutes. I didn't realise when I bought it that it also containted beginning chapters from the author's current books too, but I didn't really mind this and it added a lot of new titles to my to-read list!

The editing was far less than perfect though, and was the main thing that annoyed me. But other than that, the stories were quick, easy reads meant to make you smile and escape.
Fiona
Dec 28, 2012 Fiona rated it liked it
Lovely collection of short stories from popular authors. I disliked the "hard sell" with the initial chapters from the author's next book. It is something I never read as it doesn't encourage me to buy it and if it was something I bought I hate to re read the start of a book. Those chapters were longer than the stories themselves!
Nell
Mar 13, 2013 Nell rated it it was ok
This was a mixed bag. Each short story was accompanied by an excerpt from the authors upcoming or most recent novel. Editing was surprisingly patchy and there was a mixture of quality in the shorts and in the excerpts. On balance while it was a nice idea, it didn't work very well.
Lynnette
Oct 22, 2013 Lynnette rated it it was ok
This is a collection of 5 short story's, each followed by an extract from each of the authors recent book publications. The stories were OK but not as engaging as I would like. Not the best book of short stories I've read. Disappointing.
Kathryn Parry
Nov 26, 2013 Kathryn Parry rated it really liked it
Two different stories so far, sweet and festive. Oh the third was a little sad, not the Christmas feeling I was looking for. Okay the forth was depressing. Lol the last one was priceless, this is worth picking up just for the last one.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
5 bite-sized stories all with the common these of Christmas. Some to make you smile, some to make a lump in your throat, all with the feeling of human compassion. Also includes a chapter on each author's next available novel.
Anastasia
May 18, 2013 Anastasia rated it liked it
Perfect for the cold chilly winters as it can make you warm and snuggly in the stories themselves. The stories could have been more grasping but it was an enjoyable book that you can read with a cup of hot cocoa by the fire.
Eva
Jan 30, 2015 Eva rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Short stories were good but i was a bit annoyed with all the extras they put in. They took almost half of the book. Would rate it 2.5, so, i decided to give it only 2 stars as it didn't reach 3 for me.
Jodie Rose
Nov 28, 2012 Jodie Rose rated it liked it
This book was ok but I kind of felt it was more like an advert for the authors newly released books. The short stories were entertaining enough though for my train ride home from work.
Adele
Jan 17, 2013 Adele rated it really liked it
Great little wintry stories. I particularly enjoyed The Twelve Lies of Christmas by Mhairi McFarlane, very funny and oh so true. I'm going to make You Had Me at Hello as my next read.
Kimberley Jones
Feb 26, 2013 Kimberley Jones rated it it was ok
i downloaded this book as it was a freebie, but gave up after the first short story. it was ok, but nothing special and left me with no desire to want to read the others.
Emma
Nov 23, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it
I liked these little stories as something a little different from what I usually read, there were some I liked more than other s like many other reviewers.
Caz Lopez
Jan 24, 2013 Caz Lopez rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-fire-hd
Only got 2 stars the short stories were very very short most of the book consisted of previews of the authors New books. waste of time really.
Anne
Oct 07, 2012 Anne rated it it was ok
Not particularly impressed by this one...poor editing, and just an advert for new books along with some rather lacklustre short stories.
Julie Reynolds
May 28, 2015 Julie Reynolds rated it really liked it
An easy going book of bite size stories . Lovely
Leanne Scott
Dec 28, 2012 Leanne Scott rated it liked it
There were some good short stories in this book,some stories I did not want to end,too short!!
Heather
Oct 09, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Some really heatwarming short stories!

Plus a few more books added to my "To read" lists!
Bev
Jan 17, 2013 Bev rated it liked it
Enjoyed the short stories but the had already read most of the books that had exerts.
Amanda
Mar 12, 2013 Amanda rated it liked it
Perfect length if you are looking for quick reads :-) Some heart warming stories.
Georgina
Dec 26, 2012 Georgina rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this!
A nice mix of stories...Brilliant! :)
  • The Christmas Bake-Off
  • A Winter Flame
  • Bad Angels
  • Claws
  • Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Miranda Dickinson has always had a head full of stories. Coming from a creative family where stories and songs were always present, it was perhaps inevitable that she would end up adoring words. A songwriter for over 15 years, Miranda has successfully penned over thirty songs, delivering both live and recorded performances in a range of venues across the UK and Europe. Her first solo project album ...more
More about Miranda Dickinson...