Start by marking “Abandon (Possession, #3)” as Want to Read:

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  846 ratings  ·  128 reviews
seduced by power,
broken by control,
and consumed by love...

Vi has made her choice between Jag and Zenn, and the Resistance may have suffered for it. But with the Thinkers as strong as ever, the rebels still have a job to do. Vi knows better than anyone that there's more at stake than a few broken hearts.

But there is a traitor among them...and the choices he makes could lea
Published June 4th 2013 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Abandon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Abandon

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiThe Elite by Kiera CassEverbound by Brodi AshtonBoundless by Cynthia Hand
Beautiful Book Covers of 2013
203rd out of 577 books — 2,010 voters
Siege and Storm by Leigh BardugoInk by Amanda SunAshes on the Waves by Mary LindseyAnother Little Piece by Kate Karyus QuinnDare You To by Katie McGarry
New YA June 2013
34th out of 69 books — 92 voters

More lists with this book...

Raven
Arti
No one lost their memories so thats an improvement but I was still disappointed.
Jennifer at BookShelfery
*howls* the turmoil that is this book! I want to cry myself to sleep now.

Edit: Real review time.

The review is also posted at The Bawdy Book Blog.

If there was ever an epic conclusion to a dystopian series, you’re looking at it right here. I was a heap of a sobbing mess when it was over and I may never recover!

**This post may contain spoilers from the first two books**

Stay tuned for the blog tour post going live tomorrow!

Raine is in Freedom under the control of her father. Gunner is with the rebe
Kate

The Possession series has been an interesting one from the beginning. Special powers. Mind wiping. Rebellion. Since I first read Possession, I feel in love with this world, and all of its unique qualities and quirks. Abandon is no different.

One element that I have loved / hated about this series is the constant change of POVs. This time around, we are taken into the minds of Jag and Zenn. While both characters have enough personality to carry Abandon easily, I found myself wanting to get back
Nina
The disappointing sequel to a dissappointing sequel.

The same problems apply here as they did when it comes to the previous books: The characters are flat, their actions and feelings inexplicable and incomprehensible. In all fairness, the author has improved on that a little by giving Zenn more personality and his inner conflict in his POV made it possible to empathise with the character more. However, that was not the case for Jag - the other POV character in this book - much like in Possession
Ashley
I felt like this whole series was a waste of my time but I wanted to finish it because I needed to know how it ended, not because I enjoyed reading it. It was a frustrating book and the change between narrators made me lose interest.
Elle (Ligia)
Sep 20, 2012 Elle (Ligia) marked it as to-read
Today was the cover reveal. It's pretty! :D
Christine Fonseca
As always, her book did not disappoint!Review to come on Thursday on my blog...
Jilly
Terrible, boring, muddy ending of a mediocre series. Tons of characters are quickly introduced and killed. The characters travel through so many cities, with so many new names to learn, that it becomes tedious.

One of the biggest problems in this book is where the author kills off a major villain, at the hands of a major character, but she doesn't write that scene. Instead, she chose to write it as something another character was told in passing. Really? So-in-so, the evil, unstoppable villain i
Tara
I would rate this book 3.5 stars only because it disappointed me based on how much I enjoyed the first book in this series.

I enjoyed the action and romance in the book. The characters were likeable and had defining characteristics that influenced their actions. The writing style was also very interesting, and I read this book in 2 nights because I just kept turning the pages.

However, I did not enjoy many aspects of this book that I saw in the first book, Possession. The second book, Surrender,
Teri Harman
What a great ending to a great series! Elena's books just get better each time. I love that each book in this trilogy is told from different point of views. This book is told by the two main male characters, Jag and Zenn, which was very appropriate for the last story. Jag and Zenn have distinct and unique voices, both very real and alive.

Elena Johnson's writing is sharp, smart and pleasingly economical. The action is non-stop and the emotions intense. Ending a series is always tricky and this on
Rachel Holt
Overall, this trilogy is fantastic. I raced through all three books, with Possession being my favorite of the three. It didn't take me long to get completely absorbed in the plot and characters introduced. I loved Violet and Jag's relationship--occasionally rocky, but simultaneously stable. The love triangles and pentagons felt a little too familiar, but I still didn't mind reading about the rivalry over Violet.

The thing that made Abandon less special to me than the other two books is that the
Meghan
The third, and final book in the possession trilogy. This book is in the point of view of the two main guy characters in this novel, Zenn and Jag. They are also the focal point to a twisted love triangle, turned octagon, it’s pretty messed up, but in the end everything works itself out, just like all the other plotlines in this novel. So it’s taken until the third book to really, truly understand what this trilogy is about, and it’s having freedom and the choice to choose, whereas they’ve been c ...more
Joy
I felt like this book lasted forever and was a waste. I almost gave up on it multiple times because it moved so slowly and went on and on and on about things that weren't interesting and weren't worth writing about. The characters also really annoyed me because they just kept repeating themselves and going through the motions which made the book extremely predictable and boring. To me, they were portrayed as strong but emotionally and mentally weak in this novel because of how they dealt with si ...more
Tiffany
This book was awful. Seriously, boring and confusing. I hated Vi and Jag. All the best characters were treated like garbage. It took me forever to finish because I had no interest but I kept thinking "it'll get better." Wrong. It was so awful. 5 stars for it being over!
star_fire13
Weird! A clone war??? All I can think of is Star Wars now >_< haha

So this book combined the POVs from the previous two books: this time we had Jag and Zenn. I'm still not too sure what I think of all the POV switching.

Overall, this series was pretty good. It's definitely not very high on my list of books I've enjoyed, but it kept my interest well enough. It was actually a lot more complicated and convoluted than I thought it was be, considering it was supposed to be an "overcoming a suppre
Abi
Amazing book! Amazing series! Absolutely love from a teenagers perspective this book was fantastic my whole school is currently on the hype for this book- amazing that i was able to find a copy!
Erin
So, I read all 5 stories in this series. Resist #0.5 and Regret #1.5. I think I was more confused by reading these two additional short "snippets" to the story. The different voices and different styles of story telling had me thinking "Is this the same series"? About 1/2 way through this book Abandon I found myself saying, can we just end this now, let me know what happens, because I have to keep reading till I know. Zenn, always in conflict, finds his peace which is so desired. (Yeah, finally) ...more
s e n t i m e n t a l i t i e s olittlebear
If you haven't been following the series, this isn't the sort to just jump in with the final book and expect to follow what's going on. You might have a grasp, but you'll be missing a whole lot. Including the better characters POV's, proving they aren't as boring as they come across here.
Zenn has become annoying and whiney. He wants what he can't have, then he accepts it and moves on. Unimpressive. Unacceptable.
Jag has always irritated me, and continues to do so, along with Vi who thankfully we
Julia Muldoon
I definitely liked the second book in this series the best. The first book I found confusing, the second book gripping, and this last book I just felt lukewarm about.

I think I'm not a huge fan of the 'final battle' type books. Where we must face off against the forces of evil and win this great big huge showdown. It always just feels so disappointing, because I expect my victors to be more clever, more well planned out, better informed, instead of just winging it and hapening to succeed.

Proble

Abandon is the third book in the Possession series. There may be spoilers from books 1 and 2.

I am a big fan of dystopia and have enjoyed this series thus far. So I was excited to get to read the conclusion of this series.

In this book we have two narrators: Zenn and Jag. It is extremely interesting how the author has changed narrators in all of the books while still telling us the same story.

I was hoping that Vi would be one of the narrators in book three. I really missed getting her point of vie
Lydia
This book made me cry on my birthday and on a Greyhound that's literally how great it was. Abandon is the final book in the Possession series and it doesn't disappoint. Vi has made her choice and as the decryption says it has repercussions but It's actually not as bad as it sounds. As for the reasons I cried twice (which I rarely do), its because this is a dystopian novel and as expected sometimes people die fighting for the Greater Good. The deaths are shocking, unexpected and incredibly sadden ...more
Tiana411
Ohhhhh I'm disappointed. I can't believe this is the end of the series.
I really liked how the first book started and then the second book was decent. I figured the way it was leading into the third book, the final book would be epic. I thought since the second book was basically about Gunn & Raine that they would have more part in the final book but nope.
So in this last book it just gives us Zenn & Jag's POV. There was alot happening but it was all quite boring. I don't want to spoil the
Krista
*** Possible plot hole idea- Please comment!

What has this woman done?!?! When I got to the ending where the big thing happens (Yeah, THAT thing- You know what I mean if you've read it.) I felt like the author reached a hand down my throat and ripped my heart out from there. Of course that was the ending to expect. It was a great ending, but there will always be that part of me that wished it ended a tiny bit differently. And I know how it could have happened.
[*** Do NOT read ahead if you haven'
Michelle
Overall, this book is amazing: fast-paced action, heart-wrenching emotion, and very vivid characters.

My one problem? The damn ending (spoilers ahead)

If you're going to kill someone major, DO IT PROPERLY. It's kind of glossed over, really. I mean we see his death, but then that's all we really hear about it because the book ends a few pages over. They go, "Zenn Bower is dead." *end credits*. Really? Make us feel terrible about it, at least. And Zenn is suddenly the shiniest of the bunch, hoping
LeighAnn Kopans
Filled with raw, desperate, aching emotion, Abandon is the story of a bunch of crazy-Talented kids struggling to keep the Resistance and its mission from slipping through their fingers.

I loved the tech and the world Johnson so vividly painted for us yet another time. The picture of the Reisitance's quarters and the various locations in the Goodlands sparkled with just enough detail.

I ADORED Saffediene. The slow, sweet, painful dance of relationship between her and Zenn was a zoomed-in allegory
Kathryn  Cooper
Reviewed on Clean Teen Fiction

I was so torn about this rating. It was hard to come to a decision. I wanted to read it every minute of every day. When I wasn't reading it I wanted to be. The plot and characters were on my mind constantly. That for me means it was a 5 star book... when I'm that obsessed. I'm just so ANGRY about the ending. I did see it coming and it added to the drama, but I didn't like it!

Each book in the series had different characters telling their POV. This book was Jag and
Chev E
In the finale to one of the most confusing series ever, the rebellion is finally ready to take action and overthrow the mind-controlling government once and for all. The supernaturally gifted teenagers leading the rebellion are faced with the hardest decisions they've ever had to make, involving war, the moralities of their powers, and their hearts. Vi chose Jag already so that love triangle is over, but Zenn is still in love with Vi and has to take orders from the boy she loves. As the rebellio ...more
Kathy
This was a good ending to the Possession series. One thing I've loved about all three books is Johnson's willingness to do anything to/with her characters. So often there's no real sense of suspense in a book because you know the author won't really kill that person off/give a victory to the bad guy/go (wherever) with the story.

But not Elana Johnson. None of her characters are safe and I absolutely love that. Abandon was pretty intense from start to finish. Nearly everyone from the previous two
Polly Roth
So, I bought this book with the expectation of the proper reunion of Vi and Jag and the elimination of the threat that was threatening to tear them apart. Because, really even though I absolutely loved the series, the plots were completely romance driven and action always came second to romance. So, if you read the book with that expectation, it failed. However, if you go in with the expectation the first book held, I would give it maybe an 80%. And because of the first two books, I went in with ...more
THE ENDING WAS PERFECT**SPOILERS 2 9 Jun 27, 2014 03:44PM
  • Override (Glitch, #2)
  • Still Point (Awaken, #3)
  • The Fall (The Glimpse, #2)
  • Untitled (XVI, #3)
  • Phoenix (Black City, #2)
  • The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)
  • Naturals (The Lost Souls, #2)
  • Revelations (The Elysium Chronicles, #2)
  • Rise (Eve, #3)
  • The Life Beyond (The Other Life, #2)
  • Infinityglass (Hourglass, #3)
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Crash (The Game, #3)
  • Horde (Razorland, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Flame (Sky Chasers, #3)
I am the author of the POSSESSION series, which includes novels POSSESSION, SURRENDER, and ABANDON, as well as short stories REGRET (ebook only) and RESIST (free here on Goodreads).

ELEVATED, a YA contemporary romance in verse is out now.

My next futuristic fantasy series includes ELEMENTAL RUSH (novella), ELEMENTAL HUNGER (novel), and ELEMENTAL RELEASE (novella). All are available now!

My next nov
More about Elana Johnson...
Possession (Possession, #1) Surrender (Possession, #2) Resist (Possession, #0.5) Regret (Possession, #1.5) Elevated