Start by marking “The Vampire's Hope” as Want to Read:

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Ellie Smith, an emotionally stunted dancer, finds more than she bargains for after her human life is taken by the vampire, Master Liam. Once inside the Vampire’s underground lair, the Keres Den, she meets Ian, an immortal Viking warrior, who is infiltrating the soulless prison.

As Ellie begins her training, she learns that the dark tunnels around her are filled with even d...more
Kindle Edition, First, 40 pages
Published September 10th 2012 by Books To Go Now

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire's Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire's Hope

Saving Grace by Lesley Ann McDanielThe Wanting Heart by Rionna MorganSmitten Image by Pam B. MorrisCalifornia Sunset by Casey DawesBig Sky Bachelor by Lesley Ann McDaniel
Montana Romance Writers
37th out of 37 books — 26 voters
September Ends by Hunter S. JonesOnce upon a Road Trip by Angela N. BlountThe Wayward Gifted by Donna K. ChildreeCircle of Five by Jan RaymondPresence by Perie Wolford
Must-Read Books 2013
75th out of 84 books — 76 voters

More lists with this book...

Corina
The Vampire's Hope

I have to say that The Vampire’s Hope is not your typical vampire story. It’s definitely not what I was expecting when I first picked up the book. But despite that I thought the story was cute. I love the Greek mythology aspect of it. The whole Pandora’s Box plotline and how Elpis or Ellie was the Hope from the box was unique and well put together.

I felt pretty bad for Ellie during the first part of this short story. She seemed to have a pretty hard life. She was abandoned as a...more
Kimberly
Several weeks ago I was approached by author Danica Winters who asked if I would like to review her new e-novella The Vampire's Hope. Some of you may remember how much I enjoyed her full length novel Curse of the Werewolf (Veela Curse #1) Click Here to read my review. I loved that book so of course I had to say yes to her review request! Unfortunately life got in the way and has majorly thrown off my review schedule but here's my review!

Immortal Viking Warrior. Let those three words sink in for...more
Shelly Hammond
This is a short story that reads very quickly! The author did a wonderful job of getting a whole lot of story into a minimal amount of pages. This story is under 50 pages and moves so quickly that there is little time for pause keeping the action going from the very first word to the very last. Before you know it, you will be at the end and likely left wanting to read more.

I won't give the story away because you really should take a chance and read it for yourself but I will say that if you are...more
Susan
Danica pens "The Vampire's Hope" a shor,t quick, original read in a smooth flowing plot just goes right into the action and doesn't stop. Her characters are creative and very well written. Full of mythology, this is one novella that you will not be disappointed in. Highly recommended for all vampire lovers.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Cynthia Woolf
A Vampires Hope is one of the most interesting vampire stories I’ve read recently. Ellie and Ian are a great couple. This is a fresh take on the vampire legends. The story flows flawlessly and completely to a satisfying end. I highly recommend Ms. Winters story.
Julie Ramsey
The Vampire's Hope

Elpis or Ellie as she liked to be called has had a ruff life. Abandoned at birth and living in the foster care system, then dropping out of school living on her own. She has had to do untold things for scraps to get by and works from job to job where she can find any work. She notices two large men looking at her. The blond, who looks like a viking, approaches her and talks with her. Ellie knows what he wants. Her main problem is she feels she has no heart. She feels nothing, s...more
Phaedra Seabolt
This is one heck of a fast read. I read it in a matter of hours. The story jumps right into the action and doesn't stop the momentum until the story is done. Ellie is human at the beginning of the story. She's had a very tough life and finds that there is nothing worth hoping for or even an emotion worth feeling. She is completely numb to everything around her. The only thing that drives her is the need to find a job so she can eat. This need takes her to a bar where she blindly walks into her n...more
A.R. Von
A short, very quick and different vampire read. It was very vivid, creative and for a short it was written very complete. There are no questions as to the why or how. It’s all in there within the 40 pages that are written. That takes a great amount of skill in my eyes.

Ellie is taken by complete surprise when trying for a job as a dancer. Thinking she just has to show what she’s made of then BAM! Her life is changed completely and forever. She’s strong, alone and does not feel emotions, but ends...more
Kris at Book Wishes
What I liked about The Vampires Hope, I liked this book as a vampire novella. Author Danica Winters doesn't hesitate to get right into the story in the first few pages. The story to me was beautifully told Ellie character as recently turned vampire is so well written her character is that of what I call a "classic" vampire, one we don't see to often in books right now. She is thrust into a life of blood-thirsty hunger, no feeling just hunger. Slowly finding her way back to caring for the things...more
Pavarti Tyler
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this ebook via Full Moon Bites Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. No promise of a positive review was made.

Review: The Vampire’s Hope has a super cool premise and an awesome cast of characters. From the first sentence you are pulled into the miserable lot that is Ellie Smith’s life. She’s smart, street savvy and an excellent judge of character. What she isn’t though, at least by Chapter Two, is alive.

Full of mythology, history and an epic battle fo...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I was given a copy of The Vampire's Hope from the author for a review via Full Moon Bites Book Tours.

Ellie is a dancer who was turned into a vampire by the famous vampire, Master Liam. He takes Ellie to his lair, underground where she is trained on how to use the power that she possess. Powers that she is not aware of that she has. As a human Ellie had no feelings, no one in her life that she cared about or anyone that cared about her. Un...more
Rebecca Graf
A woman finds herself suddenly turned into a vampire. She finds out it is not quite like the legends and books. Trapped in a vampire-filled house, she has to decide who is to be trusted.

The story is short and relatively fast. There is not a lot of description which can be good and bad. I personally don’t like a ton. The story itself had a lot of potential. I could see it even being expanded into a full blown novel, but many story lines were not followed or developed. I felt that the book was jus...more
Gaele
I want more! More about the history, more about the Keres, Ian and Master Liam – these were fascinating and intriguing and left me thinking on the connections and allegories for hours. What was a reasonably successful short, in that it built intrigue, gave tastes of characters and created a smart and engaging character in Ellie left me feeling as if there was more of the story to tell.

Certainly the premise of the story is wonderful, but the short form was more an amuse bouche than a full course...more
Christina  Torretta
This was an interesting book. It was hard for me to get into at first but the action does really start right away. I actually finished this story, wanting this to be longer.

My favorite character is definitely Ellie. The plot is definitely engaging! It moves and I mean really moves straight out of the gate! The romance portion was ooohhh la la! Totally fun! And Ellie’s learning throughout the book can be for anyone who has been truly hurt in life, not only vampires!!

Only downside, some of it felt...more
Donna (BLHmistress)
Ellie is a dancer turned Vampire, one moment she is dancing for a position next thing she knows she wakes up as a vampire. Confused and not sure what to do, until she meets Ian.

Surprisingly as short as this story was, we were given a great back story. I didn't have many questions, though it felt a bit rushed but that I think is due to the fact of it being such a quick read. I liked that the author infused Greek Mythology into the mix. One thing that really surprised me is just how evil the vampi...more
Tricia Kristufek
Death was getting more interesting by the second.

Ellie wanders into The Raven a human dancer looking for a job, but emerges a newly turned vampire. Hidden within the tunnels of her new home, the Keres Den, she discovers secrets and something she's not thought she could anymore -- feelings.

The main character, Ellie, is emotionally shut off, both to herself and readers of her story. She starts to feel again, using her vampire power of hope, with the help of Ian, the striking Viking. The action tak...more
Jenny
Short story. When you just get into it and think you have it all figured out it's over and you know nothing. Outline of story. Ellie walks into a bar meets Ian gets turns into a vampire by Master Liam. Master Liam trains her to put hope in humans. Ellie founds out she is Hope from Pandora's Box starts to feel for the humans and falls in love with Ian and than decides that is not what she wants. So Ian and Ellie blows up the lair. So in 5 short lines I told you the whole story! It wasn't bad but...more
Hannah
I was excited to read this book, but wound up disappointed that it felt rushed. At one point it was mentioned that weeks had passed, but I thought it had been days. Another time, a character was said to be in an earlier scene and wasn't (at least that I saw). Characters, especially the main one, changed very quickly, unnaturally so. This book also needed a few edits. However, this book did make me laugh a few times.
Angus
by Danica Winters

Master Liam's newest acquisition, Ellie, has a special gift that he feels will help him in his dark cause to cull humans. As a protagonist she is more of a gothic novel heroine, as in a lot happens to her, set in modern times. There is a male protagonist as her love interest and vamp novel connoisseurs will enjoy a quick snack here that will probably lead to others. I enjoyed it.
Ali Mosa
I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Ms. Winter's narrative description of the setting, the mythology behind the premise, and the characters is well drawn, clever, and filled with marvelous imagination. As with all her previous stories, Winters gives the reader wonderfully complex and compelling protagonists and antagonists. Ian and Ellie are easy to care about and to cheer for. This has great potential for a series.
Sharon Kleve
A Vampires Hope is a wonderful vampire story. It’s unique and entertaining. I loved it... Ms. Winters writes stories that you want to go on forever. This short story is well written, clever, and filled with incredible imagination. It’s a must read.
Marisa Johnson
First time reading this author

Danica,

Great read. Can't wait to read another book of yours. Keep up the awesome stories. Lifetime fan here. Not a crazy stocker.

Marisa Johnson
Melissa Crady
Melissa Crady marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Sarah Murphy
Sarah Murphy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Malissa
Malissa marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Danica Winters is a best-selling author who is known for writing award-winning books that grip readers with their ability to drive emotion through suspense and often a touch of magic. When she’s not working, she can be found in the wilds of Montana testing her patience while she tries to understand the allure of various crafts (quilting, pottery and painting are not her thing). She always believe...more
More about Danica Winters...
Montana Mustangs The Nymph’s Labyrinth Christmas Romance (Best Christmas Romances of 2013) Winter Swans Curse of the Wolf  (Veela Curse Series, #1)