Start by marking “Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)

Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers #2)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  16,577 Ratings  ·  899 Reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He's a player on and off the field...

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and
Published October 23rd 2012 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Brazen) (first published October 20th 2012)

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellTempting the Best Man by J. LynnTempting the Player by J. LynnProtecting What's His by Tessa BaileyOne Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
Brazen Collection
3rd out of 121 books — 489 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by M. LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
60th out of 1,078 books — 1,373 voters

More lists with this book...

Beth Hudspeth
Chad is a player on and off the field. Pitcher for the Nationals, he has a reputation that goes beyond his talent on the field. He is the local playboy, living up to the Gamble name. Now, he has his eye on one, Bridget Rodgers.

Bridget is Madison's assistant so she already knows of the Gambles. Bridget is a spunky girl with a pinup model body who loves color and is in some debt that weighs on her thoughts a lot.

After a night of 'almosts' that Bridget ran from hoping to never see Chad again, they
Keertana
Nov 18, 2012 Keertana rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I'll admit it: Tempting the Player was far better than J. Lynn's first foray into the world of adult fiction, Tempting the Best Man, but it wasn't quite enough to rock my boat. In their entirety, Lynn's novels are entertaining... and that's about it. Which is precisely why I pick them up when I need to get my mind off of a few serious issues and simply relax, but really, I can't award these books any more than 3 Stars because I just like them. I don't love them like I did On Du
Sheryl
*AIEEEEEEEE* I swear these Gamble brothers know how to drive a woman crazy/insane with lust!!!

LOVED the story and CANNOT WAIT for the last Gamble brother to fall ....
Claire Robinson
Apr 25, 2014 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it
3.5 - "Guys like him didn't date girls like her." Stars!

Tempting the Player is written in J. Lynn’s usual style, an easy
going ‘comfort’ read, with likeable characters, and a simple to follow plot.

Chad definitely has a degree in dirty talking, and I liked Bridget’s quirkiness, she reminded me of Molly Ringwald at the height of her fame in the 80’s.

”I want you bad. Right now. Against the wall. On my bed. The floor and maybe in the bathroom later. I have a shower stall and a Jacuzzi we could put t
Lisa Jayne
Dec 22, 2012 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
Shelves: brazen-addict
Addicted from the get go, this book had me at 'chapter one'.
I love how we get the POV from both leading characters. Chad the playboy handsome sportsman and loveable insecure Bridget.
This book had me melting from their first encounter. I was excited to read this book after thoroughly enjoying the authors first in the series and it most definitely did not disappoint.

I definitely am not one to resist bad boy turning good with sassy gorgeous good girl, this book kept me entertained from beginning t
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

“There isn’t a ‘but’ in this.” He cupped her cheek, tilting her head back. When he spoke, his lips brushed hers. “I want you. Bad. Right now. Against the wall. On my bed. The floor and maybe in the bathroom later. I have a shower stall and a Jacuzzi we could put to really good use. I know you’d like it.”

Well hello there, Chad Gamble. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Oh, Jennifer Armentrout…umm…err…I mean Ms. J. Lynn, you never cease to amaze me. Each time this author comes out with someth
Stacey O'Neale
Oct 24, 2012 Stacey O'Neale rated it it was amazing
The sequel to Tempting the Best Man does not disappoint. There is so much to love about this book it's hard to really pin-point where to begin.

The premise of this book is so fun. In the public eye, Chad is this bad boy player, but in reality, most of that is fiction. He's told he needs to clean up his image to get the contract extension he wants. The way this goes down is comical, but I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil anything.

Here's what you need to know...Chad is a hot
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Oct 24, 2012 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled, jla
Tempting the Player Review on K-Books

"I want to be worthy of you."

Oh. My. Holy. Hawtness. There are no words to describe how incredible amazing and HAWT this book is. It is not surprise to anyone how much I adore Jennifer L Armentrout, no matter what she writes, YA or Adult, Paranormal or Contemporary I am without a doubt going to love it. And Tempting the Player was definitely no different. I absolutely adored the previous Gamble Brother book Tempting the Best Man and thought no way on earth
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Love Green
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smoking
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: By far better than the first book
Characters: Solid
Plot: A crazy ride that end in love, love, love
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Absolutely
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Chad

SUMMARY (55 words or less)

Okay, I knew Chad was my guy in the first book and he lived up to my expectations. This book had a lot of twist I thought I could predict and would be wrong. This is an easy read with just enough angst, sex, dr
Rachael Wade
Oct 27, 2012 Rachael Wade rated it it was amazing

Oh, Lordy. Just when I thought I loved Maddie and Chase, Bridget and Chad came and stole their thunder.

Compared to Chase in Tempting the Best Man, I think Chad beat Chase on the sexy scale...big time. He's possessive and intense, whereas Chase was more playful. I fell even more in love with the Gamble brothers this time around, and I can't wait for the third book in the series.

If you want to relax with a fun, easy, steamy read, this is the series for you.
Laz
Feb 04, 2015 Laz rated it liked it
Recommends it for: erotica fans maybe?
Nice story. Better than the first, actually. It had more suspense. The characters were kind of average, though. It was a fun read though. It's an emotional roller-coaster. But it was short & enjoyable & it was what I need to get myself off of the stress of the exams.
Catarina
This was the second book of the Gamble Brothers and believe me, they are a hell of a brothers!

This one is the story of Bridget (Madison’s friend and assistant) and Chad, the middle brother.
Chad is a great baseball player with an even greater problem: he has a playboy reputation and the club it’s not happy with him. So her publicist (after a hot date between those two that the paparazzi catch) decides that the best solution is for them to pretend being a couple for a month.
But you know what th
Laci
Mar 19, 2013 Laci rated it it was amazing
I've been in a bit of a book funk lately, not fully satisfied from my choices. It was all this one's to short, this one's to long, this one has no sex, this one has to much sex. Yada Yada. But this one, this one is just RIGHT!!!! I loved it. All of it. Every single thing about it. I could not get enough and I definitely couldn't put this down. What great characters, I adore both Chad and Bridget, both strong and smartassed. This is the 8th book I've read from this author, and I'm so over the top ...more
Kara
Apr 22, 2014 Kara rated it really liked it
description

Chad the sexy hometown baseball player and all around womanizer... Bridget the history girl with a mysterious past. You can bet the tension is alive and well in this one! ESR (easy sexy romantic) all the way... and you know I love my ESR books!
Hayal Perest
Apr 22, 2016 Hayal Perest rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Böyle şak diye bitmeseydi güzel olurdu. Sonu aceleye gelmiş gibiydi. Biraz daha uzun olabilirdi. Erkek karakterin -Chad-in egosu kitaptan taşacaktı neredeyse :D Hikayenin kilit noktası Bayan Gore. O olmasa ne yaparlardı bilemiyorum. :P Karakterlerin beni gıcık eden davranışları olsa da kitabın genelini sevdim. Akıcı bir dili vardı. Ben asıl büyük kardeş Chandelier'ın hikayesini merak ediyorum. Umarım onu da bir an önce okuma fırsatımız olur. ^_^

Detaylar; http://hayalperestinzamanyolculugu.bl...
Beth
Jan 30, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Bridget Rodgers was out for a good time when her friend takes her to a private club she encounters Chad Gamble, the pro-ball player. Realizing he is her best friends fiancee's brother, Bridget keeps her knowledge to herself and embarks on a night of passion...in which Bridget makes a door dash, hoping to never see Chad again.

Unfortunately for Bridget their paths do meet again and this time there is no escape.

Top pitcher and all around bad boy, Chad Gamble, is in desperate need of some positive p
Erin
Oct 26, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
Is there anything Jennifer Armentrout can't spin into pure delectable greatness??!! I absolutely love this series, and she's once again proven that you can't keep her boxed into the "YA supernatural" label! This one gets a very happy 4.5 stars from me!!

Player is Chad's story, and I have to say I just loved him from the start the very same way I did Chase! There's just something about these Gamble brothers, they are too hot for words and make you melt like a chocolate fudge bar in the summer sun!
Jane Stewart
2 stars. While reading I felt like good things were going to happen, but then I kept getting let down.

I rounded to 3 stars, because I didn’t wish it would be over.

The main plot was watching a relationship develop - with conflicts occurring and being resolved - which is good. But the conflicts were my problem. They are attracted to each other and both want sex. There are three sex scenes which are started with one person being pleasured, then all of a sudden Bridget calls a halt and leaves. Each
Autumn Review
Jan 05, 2013 Autumn Review rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, favorites
Well, well, well. I knew J. Lynn had it in her. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Tempting the Best Man, but this one blew my panties right off! I simply did not want this story to end. I could have taken Chad ALL DAY LONG!

Bridget was awesome. I loved that she wasn't phased (that much) by Chad's celebrity. She wouldn't let him get away with pulling crap either. I really felt like she was the perfect fit for him.

Chad. I think I could write on sonnet on Chad. It could be because I have a slight
Jan 02, 2016 Jennifer rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Loved this story, yes it was predictable but what the heck I am a glutton for the Lust, Misunderstanding leading to Hate/Lust scenario.

Have marked Tempting the Bodyguard as a must read :-)
Tara Fuller
Oct 24, 2012 Tara Fuller rated it it was amazing
I was a huge fam of TEMPTING THE BEST MAN,so when I heard there would be a book featuring another Gamble brother, I was thrilled. And TEMPTING THE PLAYER did not dissapoint! J. Lynn knows how to burn up the pages and I loved seeing Chad's progression from bad boy to bad boy with a sweet center. Loved this book!
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Sep 23, 2014 Brooke (The Cover Contessa) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
So, J. Lynn has done it again. HOLY HAWT HECK this book grabbed me right from the beginning and took me on the roller coaster ride that is the life of any Gamble brother! This installment of The Gamble Brothers was much more erotic and sensual than the first one, I have to say. It definitely left me squirming a la Fifty Shades of Grey. And, boy, was I not expecting that.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Tati
Aug 07, 2015 Tati rated it really liked it
This was a pretty fast read that had me wishing it was longer. I just couldn't get enough of Chad and Bridget (the publicist was annoying as heck, but she was good).

I loved the chemistry between them (and between Chad and Pepsi, the cat). I loved the ending, but I wish the story had extended further in time. I'd love to see Bridget watching Chad play without even knowing the rules of baseball, but, alas, it was not to be.

Also, I felt the ending was a bit rushed (especially as it came at around 9
Jona
EXCELLENT!!!

Another wonderful treat from J. Lynn, she didn't disappoint in this second book from those Gamble brothers. Great chemistry between Chad and Bridget and I love those HOT/STEAMY scenes and laughing out loud on some of those bickering dialog and funny scenes. Definitely my kind of books, light and heartwarming. I cannot wait to read Chandler and Alana's story. I will be looking out for your books J. Lynn. 5 Brilliant Star!
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
oh man, I love a book with a fake relationship that turns into more. This book is a continuation of the Gamble Brothers series. Just when I thought I couldn't love one of the brothers more, I was introduced to Chad, and I fell instantly in love with him. I loved him and Bridget together!! Can't wait to see what Chandler is all about now....
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Oct 25, 2012 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I loved it! Great addition to the series. Chad was way hotter than Chase. It was sweet, steamy and fun. A nice quick read too :) Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because I felt the ending was to abrupt.
Lauriie
Oct 22, 2015 Lauriie rated it really liked it
Ooooh ich hätte echt nicht so lange warten sollen das zu lesen... wieder einmal genial hab aber auch nichts anderes erwartet
Lisa
Jun 10, 2014 Lisa rated it did not like it
There are few things that I find more problematic than a romance author who decides to take artistic license with settings...using a real place with a real name and deciding to make that place unrecognizable from the real city. So it is with this book. The author begins the book with the heroine walking into an edgy (fictional) sex club in Washington, DC. No problem. The club is located in Foggy Bottom, a real neighborhood in DC. The author characterizes that location as gang-infested and dodgy. ...more
LUXEN Army: Tempting the Player Discussions (spoilers) 1 15 Sep 06, 2013 09:53AM
  • Recipe for Satisfaction (Madewood Brothers, #1)
  • Chasing Mrs. Right (Come Undone, #2)
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2)
  • Down and Dirty (Dare Me, #2)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1)
  • Private Practice (Private Pleasures, #1)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Obsession
  • No Flowers Required (Love Required, #2)
  • Vanilla on Top (Walk on the Wild Side, #1; Heather and Tony, #1)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Once Upon a Dare (Risky Business #1)
  • Losing Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #1)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

More about J. Lynn...

Gamble Brothers (3 books)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)

“It was a Friday night, she was at a club, and a good-looking man was currently giving her the I-want-to-take-you-home-and-I-hope-I-last-longer-than-five-minutes look… and she was thinking about pie, a young adult book, and feeding her cat. She was so turning into the cat lady at twenty-seven. Sweet.” 53 likes
“Pens?" Chase echoed.
Bridget rolled her eyes. "Pens are by far more stimulating than most people."
"I'm kind of wondering what you're going with those pens," Chase said
Madison scrunched up her nose. "Get your mind out of the gutter."
"My mind is always in the gutter around you.”
27 likes