Start by marking “Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)

Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers #2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  17,884 Ratings  ·  974 Reviews
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

He's a player on and off the field...

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and
Published October 23rd 2012 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Brazen) (first published October 20th 2012)

Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellTempting the Best Man by J. LynnTempting the Player by J. LynnProtecting What's His by Tessa BaileyOne Night with a Hero by Laura Kaye
Brazen Collection
191 books — 508 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by M. LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
1,124 books — 1,384 voters

More lists with this book...

Keertana
Sep 17, 2012 Keertana rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I'll admit it: Tempting the Player was far better than J. Lynn's first foray into the world of adult fiction, Tempting the Best Man, but it wasn't quite enough to rock my boat. In their entirety, Lynn's novels are entertaining... and that's about it. Which is precisely why I pick them up when I need to get my mind off of a few serious issues and simply relax, but really, I can't award these books any more than 3 Stars because I just like them. I don't love them like I did On Du
Claire Robinson
Sep 13, 2013 Claire Robinson rated it really liked it
3.5 - "Guys like him didn't date girls like her." Stars!

Tempting the Player is written in J. Lynn’s usual style, an easy
going ‘comfort’ read, with likeable characters, and a simple to follow plot.

Chad definitely has a degree in dirty talking, and I liked Bridget’s quirkiness, she reminded me of Molly Ringwald at the height of her fame in the 80’s.

”I want you bad. Right now. Against the wall. On my bed. The floor and maybe in the bathroom later. I have a shower stall and a Jacuzzi we could put t
Sheryl
*AIEEEEEEEE* I swear these Gamble brothers know how to drive a woman crazy/insane with lust!!!

LOVED the story and CANNOT WAIT for the last Gamble brother to fall ....
Lisa Jayne
Dec 17, 2012 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
Shelves: brazen-addict
Addicted from the get go, this book had me at 'chapter one'.
I love how we get the POV from both leading characters. Chad the playboy handsome sportsman and loveable insecure Bridget.
This book had me melting from their first encounter. I was excited to read this book after thoroughly enjoying the authors first in the series and it most definitely did not disappoint.

I definitely am not one to resist bad boy turning good with sassy gorgeous good girl, this book kept me entertained from beginning t
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

“There isn’t a ‘but’ in this.” He cupped her cheek, tilting her head back. When he spoke, his lips brushed hers. “I want you. Bad. Right now. Against the wall. On my bed. The floor and maybe in the bathroom later. I have a shower stall and a Jacuzzi we could put to really good use. I know you’d like it.”

Well hello there, Chad Gamble. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Oh, Jennifer Armentrout…umm…err…I mean Ms. J. Lynn, you never cease to amaze me. Each time this author comes out with someth
Viri
Feb 14, 2017 Viri rated it liked it
Tenia muchas ganas de leer este libro, mi guilty pleasure son los deportistas y libros con romances falsos, así que cuando leí la sinopsis de este libro fue como *Aasjdklsadhkasskjask* necesitaba leerlo. YA.

Lastima que no cumplió mis expectativas. O sea, el libro no es malo, es mas bien normalito. No aporta nada bueno y hasta el 80 % le iba a dar como un 3.5 o así. Pero la autora arruinó el final. COMPLETA Y TOTALMENTE.

Como si el cerrar toda la historia en menos de un capítulo no fuera suficien
Stacey O'Neale
Oct 10, 2012 Stacey O'Neale rated it it was amazing
The sequel to Tempting the Best Man does not disappoint. There is so much to love about this book it's hard to really pin-point where to begin.

The premise of this book is so fun. In the public eye, Chad is this bad boy player, but in reality, most of that is fiction. He's told he needs to clean up his image to get the contract extension he wants. The way this goes down is comical, but I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil anything.

Here's what you need to know...Chad is a hot
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Love Green
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: Smoking
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: By far better than the first book
Characters: Solid
Plot: A crazy ride that end in love, love, love
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Absolutely
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Chad

SUMMARY (55 words or less)

Okay, I knew Chad was my guy in the first book and he lived up to my expectations. This book had a lot of twist I thought I could predict and would be wrong. This is an easy read with just enough angst, sex, dr
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Sep 17, 2012 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Shelves: entangled, jla
Tempting the Player Review on K-Books

"I want to be worthy of you."

Oh. My. Holy. Hawtness. There are no words to describe how incredible amazing and HAWT this book is. It is not surprise to anyone how much I adore Jennifer L Armentrout, no matter what she writes, YA or Adult, Paranormal or Contemporary I am without a doubt going to love it. And Tempting the Player was definitely no different. I absolutely adored the previous Gamble Brother book Tempting the Best Man and thought no way on earth
Jul 25, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
27/7 - I really liked Bridget and Chad together. I felt her suspicions over his motives for focusing on her were realistic and his straightforward replies that he liked her, wanted her, not the stick-thin models he was known for dating, was fantastic. I loved the ending, it was swoon-worthily romantic and exactly what I'm looking for in a romance of this length.

I just can't see how Alana went from the woman she was in this book (or how she appeared to me) - middle-aged spinster dressed in the mo
Rachael Wade
Oct 24, 2012 Rachael Wade rated it it was amazing

Oh, Lordy. Just when I thought I loved Maddie and Chase, Bridget and Chad came and stole their thunder.

Compared to Chase in Tempting the Best Man, I think Chad beat Chase on the sexy scale...big time. He's possessive and intense, whereas Chase was more playful. I fell even more in love with the Gamble brothers this time around, and I can't wait for the third book in the series.

If you want to relax with a fun, easy, steamy read, this is the series for you.
Laz
May 04, 2014 Laz rated it liked it
Recommends it for: erotica fans maybe?
Nice story. Better than the first, actually. It had more suspense. The characters were kind of average, though. It was a fun read though. It's an emotional roller-coaster. But it was short & enjoyable & it was what I need to get myself off of the stress of the exams.
Catarina
This was the second book of the Gamble Brothers and believe me, they are a hell of a brothers!

This one is the story of Bridget (Madison’s friend and assistant) and Chad, the middle brother.
Chad is a great baseball player with an even greater problem: he has a playboy reputation and the club it’s not happy with him. So her publicist (after a hot date between those two that the paparazzi catch) decides that the best solution is for them to pretend being a couple for a month.
But you know what th
Laci
Oct 25, 2012 Laci rated it it was amazing
I've been in a bit of a book funk lately, not fully satisfied from my choices. It was all this one's to short, this one's to long, this one has no sex, this one has to much sex. Yada Yada. But this one, this one is just RIGHT!!!! I loved it. All of it. Every single thing about it. I could not get enough and I definitely couldn't put this down. What great characters, I adore both Chad and Bridget, both strong and smartassed. This is the 8th book I've read from this author, and I'm so over the top ...more
Kara
Oct 25, 2013 Kara rated it really liked it
description

Chad the sexy hometown baseball player and all around womanizer... Bridget the history girl with a mysterious past. You can bet the tension is alive and well in this one! ESR (easy sexy romantic) all the way... and you know I love my ESR books!
Çisem
May 02, 2016 Çisem rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5

Kısaydı mısaydı ama güzeldi bence :D Bir de yemin ediyorum şoklardayım ama sayfa kalitesi ve çeviri gayet iyiydi. Bridget ve Chad çok tatlı bir çift oldular bence. Bridget'i ben çok sevdim ama keşke sonunu azıcık daha detaylı yazsaydı. Kavga edildi, hata anlandı sonra hemen hop barışıldı ve sevişildi. Bunun yerine azıcık daha uzun şekilde olsaydı ve sonunda da kısacık da olsa bir epilog olsaydı, hem serinin sonraki kitabı ile alakalı da bir bölüm de verebilirdi böylece öteki kardeş ile alakal
Erin
Sep 19, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
Is there anything Jennifer Armentrout can't spin into pure delectable greatness??!! I absolutely love this series, and she's once again proven that you can't keep her boxed into the "YA supernatural" label! This one gets a very happy 4.5 stars from me!!

Player is Chad's story, and I have to say I just loved him from the start the very same way I did Chase! There's just something about these Gamble brothers, they are too hot for words and make you melt like a chocolate fudge bar in the summer sun!
Beth
Jan 12, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
Bridget Rodgers was out for a good time when her friend takes her to a private club she encounters Chad Gamble, the pro-ball player. Realizing he is her best friends fiancee's brother, Bridget keeps her knowledge to herself and embarks on a night of passion...in which Bridget makes a door dash, hoping to never see Chad again.

Unfortunately for Bridget their paths do meet again and this time there is no escape.

Top pitcher and all around bad boy, Chad Gamble, is in desperate need of some positive p
Jane Stewart
2 stars. While reading I felt like good things were going to happen, but then I kept getting let down.

I rounded to 3 stars, because I didn’t wish it would be over.

The main plot was watching a relationship develop - with conflicts occurring and being resolved - which is good. But the conflicts were my problem. They are attracted to each other and both want sex. There are three sex scenes which are started with one person being pleasured, then all of a sudden Bridget calls a halt and leaves. Each
Autumn Review
Oct 23, 2012 Autumn Review rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review, favorites
Well, well, well. I knew J. Lynn had it in her. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Tempting the Best Man, but this one blew my panties right off! I simply did not want this story to end. I could have taken Chad ALL DAY LONG!

Bridget was awesome. I loved that she wasn't phased (that much) by Chad's celebrity. She wouldn't let him get away with pulling crap either. I really felt like she was the perfect fit for him.

Chad. I think I could write on sonnet on Chad. It could be because I have a slight
Tara Fuller
Oct 24, 2012 Tara Fuller rated it it was amazing
I was a huge fam of TEMPTING THE BEST MAN,so when I heard there would be a book featuring another Gamble brother, I was thrilled. And TEMPTING THE PLAYER did not dissapoint! J. Lynn knows how to burn up the pages and I loved seeing Chad's progression from bad boy to bad boy with a sweet center. Loved this book!
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Loved this story, yes it was predictable but what the heck I am a glutton for the Lust, Misunderstanding leading to Hate/Lust scenario.

Have marked Tempting the Bodyguard as a must read :-)
Tamara

majo ϟ
Mucho mejor que el primero de la serie. Chad Gamble es perfecto, lo amo. *sigh*
Él y Bridget son ♡♡♡
3,5 estrellas
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
Sep 26, 2012 Brooke (The Cover Contessa) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
So, J. Lynn has done it again. HOLY HAWT HECK this book grabbed me right from the beginning and took me on the roller coaster ride that is the life of any Gamble brother! This installment of The Gamble Brothers was much more erotic and sensual than the first one, I have to say. It definitely left me squirming a la Fifty Shades of Grey. And, boy, was I not expecting that.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Floripiquita
Feb 14, 2017 Floripiquita rated it liked it
Para mí el mejor de esta serie. Me caen muy bien sus protagonistas y tienen mucha química juntos, pero a la historia le falta algo.
Tati
Jun 18, 2015 Tati rated it really liked it
This was a pretty fast read that had me wishing it was longer. I just couldn't get enough of Chad and Bridget (the publicist was annoying as heck, but she was good).

I loved the chemistry between them (and between Chad and Pepsi, the cat). I loved the ending, but I wish the story had extended further in time. I'd love to see Bridget watching Chad play without even knowing the rules of baseball, but, alas, it was not to be.

Also, I felt the ending was a bit rushed (especially as it came at around 9
LUXEN Army: Tempting the Player Discussions (spoilers) 1 16 Sep 06, 2013 09:53AM
  • Chasing Mrs. Right (Come Undone, #2)
  • Down for the Count (Dare Me, #1)
  • One Night with a Hero (The Hero, #2)
  • Game for Marriage (Game for It, #1)
  • Recipe for Satisfaction (Madewood Brothers, #1)
  • Rules of Entanglement (Fighting for Love, #2)
  • Skin in the Game (Play Action #1)
  • No Flowers Required (Love Required, #2)
  • A Night of Southern Comfort (The Boys are Back in Town, #1)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Lover Undercover (McCade Brothers, #1)
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4)
A pseudonym for Jennifer L. Armentrout.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard about her state aren’t true.

Well, mostly. When she's not hard at work writing, she spends her time, reading, working out, watching zombie movies, and pretending to write.

More about J. Lynn...

Gamble Brothers (3 books)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)

“It was a Friday night, she was at a club, and a good-looking man was currently giving her the I-want-to-take-you-home-and-I-hope-I-last-longer-than-five-minutes look… and she was thinking about pie, a young adult book, and feeding her cat. She was so turning into the cat lady at twenty-seven. Sweet.” 56 likes
“Pens?" Chase echoed.
Bridget rolled her eyes. "Pens are by far more stimulating than most people."
"I'm kind of wondering what you're going with those pens," Chase said
Madison scrunched up her nose. "Get your mind out of the gutter."
"My mind is always in the gutter around you.”
29 likes