Start by marking “How to Behave” as Want to Read:

•  Polite E-mail Practices
     •  Crowded Elevator Propriety
     •  Office Cubicle Courtesy
     •  Online Dating Decorum

From the grocery store to the workplace, from standing in line to friending online, H
ebook
Published October 4th 2011 by Quirk Books (first published April 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about How to Behave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Behave

Deena
This book is bizarre. I have read a lot of random things but do not often feel compelled to review them. This one, though. I thought it was going to be tongue in cheek but unless I'm missing something, it borders the line. There are some parts that seem to be suggestive of it being satire, others not so much. Either way, low stars for the stress this book has given me and the idea that some people actually think this way. She wrote a book on wizards so perhaps my second reaction was incorrect.

S
Amy
Really, I'd give it a 2.5. It was funny, but not hilariously so. It wasn't that helpful, but it was written tongue-in-cheek, so I didn't expect it to be. Plus, my version is a 2002 model (I've probably had it about that long), so it was a bit dated. Texting & social media is never mentioned (I'd be curious to hear what she would have to say about that) but email is expounded upon. I was glad to read that for America, personal space is 18". Close friends are comfortable from 18"-4', & acq ...more
Renae
Jun 05, 2012 Renae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clever little book! I love things in this style of lists and witticisms. The writing is very funny and amusing, but the topic itself was kind of uninteresting to me. Cute book, but I wish it would've been about something else. I appreciated the sarcasm and wit, but overall I didn't love that it was about the subject of manners. I did like it, and would recommend it for light reading, but it just wasn't my favorite.
Jeanne Boyarsky
I borrowed this book after reading it in the newspaper. I didn't realize there were two editions and got the 2003 one. Which contains tips on using NYC subway tokens and walkmans.

Most of the tips were obvious, but it was a short read and I was entertained. I did like how it was NYC specific like with the subway and apartment building laundry room. Another NY example is that people go to the supermarket to shop and not meet people (unlike dating books which suggest otherwise.)
Rachel
Mar 12, 2013 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: letdown
Coming from Quirk, I though this was going to be a lot better than it was. At points, it was very witty and entertaining, but at other points, some of the advice seemed pointless or a lot more serious than it ought to be. I struggled trying to grasp whether she was kidding or serious about certain aspects.

Overall, it was a lot less than I had hoped for although I do feel that Tiger has decent comedic potential.
Steve Blankenship
Jul 16, 2012 Steve Blankenship rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book. Not only does Caroline Tiger explain how to behave in everyday situations, but she also does a great job of explaining how to confront those who are not following these rules. I love the humor that she throws in as well!
Sunny Smith
Sunny Smith rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2013
David Lurie
David Lurie rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2012
Carly
Carly rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Rekha
Jul 13, 2010 Rekha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just not what I wanted it to be.
Quirk Books
Quirk Books rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2012
Rafa Angeles
Rafa Angeles rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2009
zhao
zhao rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2016
Loren
Loren rated it it was ok
May 07, 2012
Jd Rafizadeh-kabe
Jd Rafizadeh-kabe rated it really liked it
May 18, 2013
Laura rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2011
Eva
Eva rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2013
Noor
Noor rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Lorena Brandizzi
Lorena Brandizzi rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Marianne
Marianne rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2008
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2008
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
May 09, 2008
Sheri
Apr 03, 2016 Sheri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
more of a 2.5 than a 3. only had thr patience to skim it.
Andreea
Andreea rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Cap10
Cap10 rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2011
kym
kym rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2013
Fabian
Fabian rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2010
Julie Simonson
Julie Simonson rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014