Spinal Manipulation Made Simple: A Manual of Soft Tissue Techniques

Spinal Manipulation Made Simple: A Manual of Soft Tissue Techniques

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Written by an expert on alternative bodywork, this book presents techniques for manipulating the soft tissues of the back in a safe, simple manner. The method avoids the high velocity, low amplitude thrusting techniques employed by chiropractors. Instead, it utilizes the intuitive sense of somatic bodyworkers combined with the proven theory and technique of Rolfing to prov...more
Published October 30th 2012 by North Atlantic Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Spinal Manipulation Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spinal Manipulation Made Simple

Jason Fella
Overall this was an excellent book that made addressing spinal dysfunction with direct techniques very accessible. Much easier to perform than muscle energy techniques (which I've been using for 15 years), I've been using the techniques and love them so far.

However, I do want to caution readers on the chapter about the sacrum. I think the author got mixed up when he was explaining how to do the more detailed sacral torsion/shear corrections and at some points has you actually pushing the sacrum...more
Sandy
One of the Doctors in the chiropractic office I practiced in recommended this terrific book to me, the layperson whose massage work on clients was designed to support his adjustments. I have not gotten through it yet but it is interesting and useful for a health care worker such as I.
Joshua
I've learned how to unwind rotated vertebrae and release restricted facet joints between vertebrae. I can release ribs that are out of place. The authors perspective has been particularly valuable to me.
Tonya Aiossa
Not done reading it quite yet, but I've found it informative and interesting thus far, and I'm looking forward to practicing the described techniques.
Mogaldea Andrei
it's very interesting review of manual tehnique..
Sathyadev Selvaraj
Sathyadev Selvaraj marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Jessa Krissovich
Jessa Krissovich marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2013
Tuyentruong
Tuyentruong marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Milan Dilip
Milan Dilip marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2013
Jmccluer
Jmccluer is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2013
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Edgardo Tigulo
Edgardo Tigulo marked it as to-read
May 30, 2013
Marwa Nouh
Marwa Nouh marked it as to-read
May 11, 2013
Ola Sobiegraj
Ola Sobiegraj marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
أمه الله
أمه الله marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2013
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2013
Cita
Cita added it
Nov 18, 2012
Spacious Body: Explorations in Somatic Ontology Mind Body Zen: Waking Up to Your Life