Start by marking “Diary of a Provincial Lesbian” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Provincial Lesbian

Diary of a Provincial Lesbian

Small town life is the context for this romantic and, it must be said, hilarious novel. Diary of a Provincial Lesbian juggles very funny encounters with next-door neighbours, Deirdre & Martin, work colleagues like Tom, who's thinking of coming out, and Miriam a 'semi-retired' lesbian. Readers see not only Margaret, and her vexed relationship with Georgie, but also hete ...more
Published January 1st 2006 by Onlywomen Press LTD

To ask other readers questions about Diary of a Provincial Lesbian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of a Provincial Lesbian

Rebecca
Feb 01, 2014 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by V.G. Lee. It's a wonderful story of one woman's reexamination of her life and relationships after her partner of ten years leaves her. It's told through diary entries over a year's time. It's hilariously funny yet touching and poignant, all while being told with a wonderfully dry wit. A really lovely book.
Katherine Earnshaw
Dec 30, 2012 Katherine Earnshaw rated it it was amazing
Another beauty from V.g. Lee. It's not hard to build a relationship with her characters & become immersed in their lives. I read this in one sitting as I couldn't put it down. Highly recommended if you want to spend a couple of hours of laughter & meet some of the most believable fictional characters, then this book is for you. Enjoy!
Jess
Apr 03, 2014 Jess rated it it was amazing
A delight from start to finish. Many giggles to be had. Sad that it's over.
Wildlx
Jul 29, 2007 Wildlx rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian
Diary of a Provincial Lesbian chronicles a year in the life of Margaret Charlecote. In the book we follow Margaret through the end of her relationship with Georgie and the months that follow the breakup. Margaret has devoted her last ten years to looking after Georgie her aloof career-oriented partner. Margaret is funny but has low self-esteem, and a big difficulty in saying no both to her partner and friends. Two of the main themes of this book are how well we know our lovers, and how to trust ...more
Sonja
Apr 01, 2014 Sonja rated it did not like it
Shelves: the-worst
(view spoiler) ...more
Babe Rainbow
Mar 19, 2014 Babe Rainbow rated it really liked it
I read this because I'm such a huge fan of the Provincial Lady books. I think this book was basically just as enjoyable, which is a huge compliment, and have the same sense of gentle humour.

I also think it was a great notion to copy the style and not all the plot elements from those books. That makes this a real tribute I think, as well as a great original work. That said it was still wonderful to recognise a couple of plot points from the other books! Really, really fun.
Matu Nila
Mar 28, 2013 Matu Nila rated it liked it
I liked this. The writing was really diary-like and the story was nice. Would have wanted to get to know more of the following year.
Kathleen
Aug 23, 2010 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian
Diary of a Provincial Lesbian by V.G. Lee (2006)
Pam
Feb 23, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
This one surprised me. It began a little dry, but is such a touching story. Straight or gay, Margaret is such a relatable character that you find yourself cheering her victories.
Natasha (Diarist) Holme
Loveable, gentle comedy. I really enjoyed how different aspects of the same humorous situations kept appearing. Very cleverly put together.
Cab
Dec 08, 2014 Cab rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, e-books, fiction, humor
I haven't a clue how I picked up this book but it was an good read. Although, I think some of the humor was lost on me.
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
S J Campbell
S J Campbell rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2017
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Helen Line
Helen Line rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2017
Harper Bliss
Harper Bliss rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2013
Ann
Ann rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2013
Nicolas Chinardet
Nicolas Chinardet rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2013
REBECCA LYNN GILMAN
REBECCA LYNN GILMAN rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2014
V.T. Davy
V.T. Davy rated it liked it
May 04, 2013
trisha
trisha rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Aeden
Aeden rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Alex Pryce
Alex Pryce rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
tayiba khimji
tayiba khimji rated it did not like it
Jun 20, 2016
Kerry Griffith
Kerry Griffith rated it did not like it
Mar 29, 2013
Chelsea Is
Chelsea Is rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2015
Fee
Fee rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Catherine Reid
Catherine Reid rated it it was ok
Sep 19, 2014
Cherry Potts
Cherry Potts rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2013