Start by marking “Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss, #4)” as Want to Read:
Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss, #4)

Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4 (Paradise Kiss #4)

4.31  ·  Rating Details ·  3,250 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art." - Oscar Wilde. The school fashion show is finally here, and it's a last-minute fight to the finish to get the awesome ensemble ready on time. The drama escalates when a stressed-out Yukari literally passes out from exhaustion in George's car. No one knows if she'll recover in time to model for the show. ...more
Published January 14th 2003 by TokyoPop (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paradise Kiss, Vol. 4

Yukino
Jul 18, 2016 Yukino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2016, manga
PARADISE KISS n. 4

Wow qui leggiamo la storia di Isabella, tenera! E finalmente ecco la tanto attesa sfilata. Alcuni momenti sono stati proprio toccanti. Ma...ma come cavolo è finito il volume??? Datemi il prossimo subito!!!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Summary: A fashion/drama/romance Josei series created by Ai Yazawa (who is also the creator of Nana), which follows Yukari "Caroline" Hayasaka. Yukari is an attractive high schooler, but her life consists of traveling from high school to cram school to home, and back again. The manga opens with Yukari running into Arashi (a punk) and Isabella (a transvestite), who are part of a group of fashion students that call their label "Paradise Kiss". Yukari thinks they are perverts (did
Mazohyst
Wow, finally the Yazawa show takes place! I was completely stunned by everything. I never really thought the characters had it in them. At first everything seemed to be going really well. Then another element was thrown in. Now I'm beginning to predict an ending. I just wish Yazawa didn't throw it in so close to the ending. It's a nice twist I suppose. I'm really becoming concerned for Yukari's future now.

(view spoiler)
Angela Auten
Oct 28, 2016 Angela Auten rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
Paradise Kiss Volume 4

Manga Rating: 5 stars out of 5.

Story Line: 5 stars out of 5. I read the manga because I watched the anime. I wanted to see how close the anime came to the manga. This volume represented episodes 10 and 11.

Characters: 5 stars out of 5. All the characters have grown on me except for George. Yukari's character is growing bolder and stronger. I started loving her more than in the first three volumes. I really did hate her mother. Her mother held her back so much. Miwako still
Lara
Sep 29, 2011 Lara rated it it was amazing
Yukari's made some big decisions about what she wants to do and finds herself playing catch-up back at school, and what with studying and rehearsals and fretting over George, she's not sleeping or eating well, which is leading to a few new complications! Luckily the show is just a couple days away!

I love the way Yukari gows up a little in this volume--though she's still definitely got some maturing to do--and Tokumori is super sweet. The moms in this series though...yeesh! One more volume...

Treasure
Dec 22, 2009 Treasure rated it really liked it
The student fashion show finally happens! Yukari's struggle with her feelings for George are still aggravating me, as I think he treats her badly and is emotionally abusive. I like the return of his mother, as she provides a lot of insight into why George is so messed up. Now that the show is over, the real question remains, What will Yukari do about George? And who is this pretty girl who has returned to see George? What is HER motive?
Yaya
May 30, 2015 Yaya rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Solid volume, not quite the page turner the third volume was, but close. If the third volume was an 8.9 out of 10, this one's an 8.3. definitely better than the first two volumes, which are more like 7's. Biggest and best cliffhanger so far. Even though it's kind of easy to figure what's going to happen in the final volume. My heart is breaking a little.
M Strawberry
Nov 14, 2012 M Strawberry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, romance
For a manga that only spanned five volumes, Paradise Kiss was incredible and had a really fun story. In this volume, everyone scrambles to finish off their ensemble for the fashion show, and the stress is getting to everyone, including Yukari. All in all this is a really good volume and builds up for the volume 5 conclusion.
Kenza
Mar 11, 2015 Kenza rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
I really liked the fashion show, Yukari was stunning!! I also liked Kaori, she seems to be such a good person but I really feel that something is going to happen between her and G and I don't know what to think about it because ughhh there is just one volume left. And Hiroyuki just saved a little place in my heart he's such a cute, adorable (and handsome) boy!
Jason
Jul 13, 2010 Jason rated it it was amazing
After all the doin's a'transpirin' in the 3rd volume, 4 gets off to a slow start, but then the fashion show hits and this baby is back on top. Gorgeous artwork, and the characterization remains top-notch.
Elefteria
Jul 09, 2009 Elefteria rated it it was amazing
Generally I love Ai Yazawa manga! I love the complex characters, their unusuall way of thinkink and their intense lives. A few people that read it were disapointed with the ending but if it would end the way they wanted, it would just end up being another cliche romance manga
ArdnAskelA
Mar 20, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, bibli-perso, ebook
Oh, je suis accro. Et c'est pas bien ! Mais j'aime tellement ces personnages que je n'arrive pas à m'en séparer..
J'adore la robe, en fait, et d'ailleurs je ne suis pas trop d'accord avec la fin de ce tome.. Mais bon, ce n'est pas moi l'auteur, heureusement d'ailleurs XD
Lauren
Feb 10, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I absolutely loved all the fashion and different styles in this series. The characters were so serious and it definitely added to the drama and tense atmosphere of the story line.
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Nov 27, 2008 Wee!wawaLAA!!! rated it really liked it
This one seems a bit more boring. I suppose the beginning was somewhat interesting, continuing on from the 3rd volume, but it really doesn't seem to catch my attention. Oh well, just one more to go.
Danyka
Apr 07, 2013 Danyka rated it really liked it
I'd watched and liked the anime version when I was still a kid.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
kelly
Jan 14, 2014 kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: living-room
The shojo I compare all others to. Love the style. Yes, it's fairly insipid but it's adorable and I love it. My volume 4 has an alt cover.
Rahma
Jan 28, 2016 Rahma rated it it was amazing
The build up to the dress and the contest was awesome.

Finally some Isabella back story.

The art is phenomenal as always

Can't put this series down right now
Vicky
Paradise Kiss is one of my favorite manga series. It has a great romance and I love Ai Yazawa's artistic style.
Mika
Apr 05, 2015 Mika rated it liked it
I liked this one, it was really cute. Especially the little scene with Tiny!George and Tiny!Isabella.

That dress man. It looked elaborate.
Elenita
Elenita rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2012
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Amaryllis DUCIEL
Amaryllis DUCIEL rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Camila
Camila rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2015
Jimiah Williams
Jimiah Williams rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2014
august e.
august e. rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2012
Anita Vue
Anita Vue rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Juju
Juju rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2012
Reese Abbott
Reese Abbott rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Mirtha
Mirtha rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2012
  • Mars, Volume 08
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 8
  • Marmalade Boy, Vol. 6 (Marmalade Boy, #6)
  • Chobits, Vol. 8
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 4
Ai Yazawa (矢沢 あい ,Yazawa Ai, born 1967-03-07 in Hyōgo Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. Her pen name comes from Japanese singer Eikichi Yazawa, of whom she is a fan.

Yazawa started her manga publishing life in 1985; throughout 15 years of publishing, she wrote over 10 series in Ribon. While most of her manga continues to be published in Japan by Shueisha, publishers of Ribon and Cookie
More about Ai Yazawa...

Paradise Kiss (5 books)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 1 (Paradise Kiss, #1)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 2 (Paradise Kiss, #2)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 3 (Paradise Kiss, #3)
  • Paradise Kiss, Vol. 5 (Paradise Kiss, #5)

“Even if you fall on the runway, I wouldn't blame you. It would mean that we made a mistake in choosing you.” 15 likes
“I guess the fact that they made something they could be proud of is more important than any prize ever could be. I can understand that. The beauty of the clothing itself is in the eye of the beholder. Judging art on a point system in the first place seems totally ridiculous! But since I grew up in such a competitive, point-awarding world, I wanted the grand prize more than anything. I wanted to be number one and get all the glory. Glory, huh... how stupid!” 1 likes