Start by marking “The Shopgirl and the Vampire” as Want to Read:
The Shopgirl and the Vampire

The Shopgirl and the Vampire

At the cusp of the 19th century, a penniless lass learns her dashing guardian angel is actually a blood-sucking devil.
ebook
Published September 21st 2012 by Borough's Publishing Group (first published September 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Shopgirl and the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Shopgirl and the Vampire

Dianne
A perfect quick read when you need a break from reality! The Shopgirl and the Vampire by Ciar Cullen is one of those fun reads that has romance, a sweet heroine who is working hard to survive in a world that keeps throwing obstacles in her way and of course, the vampire, a dashing man, definitely swoon-worthy and memorable.

Ciar Cullen writes with a flourish that sent me back to the turn of the century, from her carefully described backgrounds to her character dialogue, so proper and “of the era.
Holly
I really liked this short—and it was short, it is part of Borough's Publishing Group's Lunchbox Romance line. A wonderful line of books for those who are looking for a good read but have little time.

In The Shopgirl and the Vampire we meet Kitty, a young woman working in a jewelry store for a rude older man, her bother, Patrick, has just died and she has not even had a day to mourn as she must go to work to be able to afford rent.

As she rushes to work, distracted and hurried as she is, she bumps
Becky
Jul 18, 2013 Becky rated it liked it
I enjoyed most of this story. I think it was a very interesting tale and loved that it was set in the 19th century. The main characters, Kitty and Phillip, were done very well and I think fit great together. The pacing through out the whole story was great until the very end. At the end the pace picked up a great deal and felt too rushed. The ending was also too tidy and clean for me. I wish things would have ended a little messier, especially with George's character. Overall, though, it was a ...more
Courtney
Though the events in this story come before it, I read this book after reading "Lillian Holmes and the Leaping Man" and I'm quite glad I did or I may not have read anything else by the author. This story is ok, but it does not really get into the literary or steam-punk elements that I enjoy in LHatLM. It is just sort of a cute vampire love story. But, with this and LHatLM, the author sets up what should be a fun series that crosses the literary / steam-punk / vampire genres, this is possibly a ...more
J.A. Campbell
Jan 04, 2015 J.A. Campbell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
This is a great historical story about a talented woman who finds herself in unfortunate circumstances and a benefactor who unwittingly allows her to realize her ultimate dream, and find love, slightly unusual love, but love nonetheless, along the way.

I really enjoyed this short story. It was a quick read and Ms. Cullen sure does know how to tell a story.
Denise Whelan
Apr 20, 2013 Denise Whelan rated it really liked it
This book was cute, but a very quick read! No real depth to the characters, but I guess that is what you get with a book that is only 6 chapters long.
Ciar Cullen
Sep 30, 2012 Ciar Cullen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ciar Cullen
Jan 04, 2015 Ciar Cullen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Samamtha clark
Samamtha clark rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2013
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it it was ok
Jo Mc
Jo Mc rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Lesley
Lesley rated it really liked it
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Latoya
Latoya marked it as to-read
Claudette
Claudette marked it as to-read
Skyladawn
Skyladawn marked it as to-read
Cristina
Cristina marked it as to-read
Tru
Tru marked it as to-read
Donna Bacarra
Donna Bacarra marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2012
Darleine
Darleine marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Tessa
Tessa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Hajer Elmahdi
Hajer Elmahdi marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2012
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2012
Christiane
Christiane marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2013
Brenda Demko
Brenda Demko marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Moriah
Moriah added it
Jul 18, 2013
Sabrina Olteanu
Sabrina Olteanu marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Kassidy Heil
Kassidy Heil marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Liana
Liana marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2016
Azenette Hernandez
Azenette Hernandez marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Ginny Lurcock
Ginny Lurcock marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2016
Bianca Olivo
Bianca Olivo marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2016
Ciar Cullen grew up in Baltimore, Maryland. After working as an archaeologist for a decade in Greece and England, she settled in New Jersey, where she writes and works at a prominent college. Ciar is happily married with one cat. To learn more about Ciar Cullen, please visit www.ciarcullen.com, where you can send an email to her.
Her blog is at http://www.ciarcullen.wordpress.com and she often revi
More about Ciar Cullen...