Start by marking “The Ripple in Space-Time” as Want to Read:
The Ripple in Space-Time

The Ripple in Space-Time

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  47 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
When the huge lunar Ultra Energy Laboratory is destroyed by a mysterious blast, Inspector Ryo Trop of the Free City Inquisitor's Office is called in to sort out who is responsible for the disaster.

Early reports imply that rogue moon miners are to blame but Ryo quickly discovers that a far more complex and sinister scheme is afoot.

With the help of a promising young Liaison
Published February 1st 2013 by Striped Cat Press

To ask other readers questions about The Ripple in Space-Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ripple in Space-Time

The Republic of Thieves by Scott LynchA Memory of Light by Robert JordanEmperor of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Daylight War by Peter V. BrettThe Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
Can't Wait Sci-Fi/Fantasy of 2013
153rd out of 621 books — 3,272 voters
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
Fantasy & SciFi to read before you die.
46th out of 330 books — 407 voters

More lists with this book...

Katy
Feb 18, 2013 Katy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of character-driven sci-fi
Recommended to Katy by: JKS Communications
Shelves: ebook
Book Info: Genre: Science Fiction
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: Fans of character-driven science fiction.
Trigger Warnings: Violence, piracy, (implied) drug use

Please note: This is also part of a blog tour. A guest post from the author can be seen here on the 15th. A giveaway for this book will start on the 16th and can be viewed here on or after that date. Additionally, this book will be free through a KDP promotion on Amazon from March 1-3, 2013, so if you’re interested in picking up a c
Julie Barrett
Jan 11, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it
S.F. Chapman's The Ripple in Space-Time
Story is about how a scientist is kidnapped, along with others and taken far away. The pirates plan for her especially is to work and create some elements that will aid them.
Her son Lev has received her daily message and knows something is not right and contacts the authorities and gets together with Ryo who heads up the investigation. They can't figure out who
took the professor and they soon learn with Lev's help and one of the many satellites, who they a
Ha
Jan 09, 2013 Ha rated it it was amazing
A friend loaned me an "Advance reader copy" that he got in Florida. Good classic science fiction. I really liked the cat and mouse chase between the good guys and bad guys at the end.
Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)
Original review here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2013/02/indie-book-review-ripple-in-space-time.html

The Ripple in Space Time is a story that takes in the year 2445. A lab has been destroyed and hundreds have lost their lives including lead scientist Dr. Jana Fesai. So an inspector named Ryo has been sent on the case. To join him on the investigation is Jana's son Lev and an officer named Keira. The three take a journey across the universe to find the people responsible. But they soon fi
Jessica
Jul 25, 2013 Jessica rated it liked it
The Ripple in Space-Time The Ripple in Space-Time is set well into the future, in a time when the outer reaches of space have been colonized. The human race lives spread throughout the galaxy, and I can't deny that I was drawn in by the possibility of such a vast world of people. Through a mix of news reports and narrative, S.F. Chapman shares with readers a world where anything is possible. This is definitely what I enjoyed most about this book. Although I would have liked the opportunity to ex ...more
Tim
Jan 22, 2013 Tim rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads
I don't normally write reviews, but having received this book through the First Reads program, I feel that I should explain my rating in this case. Warning, there are some minor spoilers scattered throughout, though I do try to keep it vague.

I was fairly excited going into this one, and was eager to find this in my mailbox. With that said, I was greatly let down by this one in many ways.

I'll start with the good. The one point I appreciated was in the organization of the chapters. Every few chapt
Pat Griffith
Jan 13, 2013 Pat Griffith rated it liked it
The Ripple in Space-Time by SF Chapman is set in the future when Earth has managed to colonize space and the human race lives in one of seven fiefdoms either on Earth or in one of the intergalactic colonies. Through a series of news reports mixed in with the narrative we get hints of the past wars that lead to this governmental structure as well as the politics that rule them now. It’s an interesting world with lots of potential for adventure to abound.

The wide range of characters includes an ex
Veronica
Feb 06, 2013 Veronica rated it it was amazing
I had this book in my grip for a few hours while visiting someone who had a proof copy from the author... couldn't take it with me as it wasn't mine :( Looking forward :) to the official release so that I can find out what happens!!! ...GOT THE BOOK WHEN IT CAME OUT IN FEBRUARY 2013 -- VERY MUCH IN THE TRADITION OF TIMOTHY ZAHN'S STAR WARS -- love the weaving of science and fiction - hope there is a sequel or trilogy planned to expand on the lives of Ryo and Lev and Jana and Keira.
Kristen Buchanan
I haven't read any science fiction novels that I truly enjoyed lately. I'm happy to say that The Ripple in Space-Time has ended that little streak I had goin' on. The novel was about a scientist who was abducted and a team was assembled to to rescue them. When Tribute Books emailed me about this book, I'm not going to lie, I was excited. I loved how S. F Chapman laid out this book. I don't really know why, but the way the chapters were broken up added a lot to the book. I also thought that the w ...more
Emelie
Arc from NetGalley.

It sounded promising. I love science fiction; to read how the future might be and the technology and everything that science fiction is. Adding some crime into it sounded interesting.

But the writing didn't capture me at all. It was very standard and I found myself drifting away several times with all the info dumps. Naturally one has to explain when the world isn't as ours, but... to much tell and not showing or something.

And as I don't a) have patience and b) don't want to s
Leesa
The concept of this book was great. I liked Ryo, but he was a little passive at times. I didn't much like the romance between Lev and Keira, mostly because he was too much of a fickle playboy and she was far too serious. The bad guys were one dimensional and dim.

The story overall was intriguing and I'd like to know more about this setting. I liked the news articles before the chapters, and the chapters were short, which lent to the fast pace of the story.

Other than this being geared toward a yo
Leslie (Working for the Mandroid)
Surface level writing, cliche characters and tons of physics babble. Kind of a hard story to get into and there isn't much to get into anyway.
Liviu
Dec 03, 2012 Liviu marked it as started_finish_later
starts interesting but then stalls in standard sf with average writing
Jim
Jun 01, 2013 Jim rated it really liked it
An enjoyable space opera.
S.F.
Jan 04, 2013 S.F. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it, I love it. SF
Ron Reiss
Ron Reiss marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Nizam uddin
Nizam uddin rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos
Mary Emmanuelle LLenos marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Afictionado
Afictionado marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Rich Morse
Rich Morse marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Michael Price
Michael Price rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2016
Kevin Dixon
Kevin Dixon marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Rich Caldwell
Rich Caldwell rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Stephen Bove
Stephen Bove rated it it was ok
Feb 05, 2016
Mandy Walkden-Brown
Mandy Walkden-Brown rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Montzalee Wittmann
Montzalee Wittmann marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Gary Aubry
Gary Aubry marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
mrbil
mrbil rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
  • Juliette's Dream (Ashes of the Realm, #1)
  • The Ruins Of Mars (The Ruins of Mars, #1)
  • The Trilisk Hunt (Parker Interstellar Travels, #4)
  • Endgame (The Slaver Wars #7)
  • The Fall (Crimson Worlds, #9)
  • The Spider and the Fly (The Spiderverse Saga, #1)
  • Méridien (TSS #3)
  • Translight! (Galactic Alliance, #1)
  • Meet Me in the Dark (Demons of Dreams Saga, #1)
  • Yellow Green Beret Vol. I: Stories of an Asian-American Stumbling Around U.S. Army Special Forces
  • Savage Sky: Life and Death on a Bomber Over Germany in 1944 (Stackpole Military History Series) [Kindle Edition]
  • The Launch (America One, #2)
  • Red Tide: The Chinese Invasion of Seattle (Occupied Seattle, #1)
5831998
A lifelong Northern Californian, S F Chapman traded his construction job for the more docile (but no less demanding) profession of novelist in 2008 when the US economy faltered.

The tireless author has since written eight books. His first, "I'm here to help" (published by Striped Cat Press in July of 2012), is a literary fiction novella about a teenage daughter looking for answers to some troubling
More about S.F. Chapman...