Start by marking “The Glimpse” as Want to Read:
The Glimpse

The Glimpse

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  36 reviews
In 2007, God gave Grant Carroll a critical message for the American church through a chilling dream his wife had. Not long after, he began to notice uncanny similarities between the dream and real world events happening to Christians in the news as if the dream was giving predictions of the future. Grant felt led to turn the dream into a piece of Christian fiction that wou ...more
Published July 9th 2012 by Child Refuge Publishing (first published May 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Glimpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Glimpse

Amy  Katherine Brown
Wow!! An amazing book!! I could hardly "put it down"! Not sure what else to say as I do not want to give any of the story away, but it was a great read, and an encouragement as well to those who are Believers in Jesus Christ. Though a novel, and not a true story, it quite possibly could one day be a depiction of life in America, and maybe sooner than most of us would like to think.

An excellent book, easy to read, easy to follow and a definite recommendation from me to anyone and everyone to read
Michelle
If you only read one book in your lifetime, it should be this one! Great Christian story that will make you think, smile and cry!
Kim
I love to read Christian fiction and I found this to be different from anything else I've read. I loved the 'glimpse' into the future and the impact each and everyone of us can have on the world if we are willing to step out and share our faith with others.
Kathy
If you are a Christian, you will most likely enjoy this. However; non Christians won't...at least until they see this being played out here in the US. Should make us all wake up and smell the coffee!
Ruth
Apr 08, 2013 Ruth added it
Shelves: ebooks
This book was amazing! 2 Christian couples that were involved with children's ministry in one form or another felt the need to be doing more. They were asked to go to a location to set up for a retreat and ended up having some free time. Mysteriously they were able to get a rowboat to investigate what looked like an island off in the distance. As they were trying to get back to shore a storm came up. From that point on their life's were changed forever. God placed them where they indeed make a d ...more
Ryanpaigehoward
This book had me intrigued from page one to the very end. The Glimpse is not a read that will leave you when the last words are done… it will move you and shape your faith into something greater.

This book had a lot of topics I’ve been thinking hard on this year. America is changing and not for the better. Christians are failing by not stepping out in faith and standing for the truth. Churches are dying… not just here, but everywhere. There are things in this book that are happening right now and
Jim
A Christian sci-fi book? I wasn't sure what to expect, but with all the free Kindle books Amazon offers I have been reading a wider variety of titles than normal.

So the story is pretty simple -- two twenty-ish Christian couples who are struggling with thinking they are having an impact on the lives of the children they teach and tutor and whisked to an alternate universe where Christianity is outlawed. Small groups of school students are holding prayer sessions with scraps of bibles and bits of
Traci
I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was well written, has good story lines and carries a message, a chance to examine your faith, and hope, for Christians. I liked that the author didn't delve into a lot of end times doctrine and therefore all denominations can relate without being "turned off" by a difference of interpretation.

I think the reason so many of these reviews say over and over that they couldn't put the book down is because there is a truth to it that the Bible predicts, and it
Rob Slaven
First things first: This book was a freebie from GoodReads in exchange for an honest review. It should be further noted that I am not a Christian and as such I will review this text purely on its literary merits. I am not a frequent peruser of this genre so I will not even make an attempt to compare it with others of its type.

Carroll's "The Glimpse" is a typical dystopian drama in which our characters find themselves in a world stripped of religion by an overly zealous authoritarian world govern
Susan Smith
I liked this book more than I thought I would. Initially, it appeared to be just another dystopian Christian novel. Then, an unexpected plot twist. Just when you think you might have it all figured out, another plot twist toward the end. And yet another. Nicely done!
Lori
Short review here. The storyline...the basis for the story, or premise, if you will, is really good. THAT is what got me through this book. The writing is atrocious. Extremely juvenile, he said she said, oh my oh dear.
The thought keeps coming to mind, what would it have been like...or how much better would it have been, if the story had been given to someone who has writing talent and was written by them? It has potential to be an amazing piece of Christian lit...it missed the mark for me thou
Savvy
This is a rather cool almost sci-fi-ish book from a Christian perspective. I don't read Christian books, but I decided to read this because it was on sale and the "future of America". Once I got over the whole 'this is the future' aspect, I liked it. Again, it's one of those you can't judge based on what the author/publishers say.

It had a surprising ending. Like, you didn't see that coming, but even if you do, you don't want to know so you shove the thought into the back of your head.

Would I rea
Melody Olson
I really enjoyed this book!! Future and what it might look like as a Christian!!
Diane Maggard
I really liked this book, I highly recommend it.

Pilar
The Glimpse is a book every Christian in America should read. As stated above in the description, the author wrote this book as a result of his wife having a prophetic dream.

Although this book is written as fiction, there is much truth being revealed. The Glimpse is prophetic. God is warning His church through the message of this book.

To read more of this review, please visit http://www.ordinaryservant.com/?p=1674
Angelique
I loved this book. I regret taking so long to really read it. Initially I just read a page or two, but as the story unfolded I was intrigued by the plot. This is not really a post rapture book. It is a "glimpse" of what the world will become as believers become more complacent, taking for granted the freedom to worship God openly, while ignoring the political actions being implemented to prevent that freedom.
Maggie Reed
What an exhausting read and not as interesting to me as the previous. Comparatively, I hit both extremes of this particular spectrum. I can't decide if that's good or bad. What I do know is that I am going to need to go back and think about both this one and Propositum, try very hard not to judge one by the other (they're very different), and do legitimate reviews of both.
Icanttelluthat
A great christian book. Lots of action that screams "wake up!" Understanding that this was written based on a dream, but would like to see "more" in the form of a sequel, or perhaps a trilogy. Kudos to Grant Carroll for having the courage, and recognizing the conviction, of putting such a story down on paper and sharing it all those interested in reading it.
Amy
I found this book to be pretty unrealistic. It didn't really make sense. I got the gist of what the author was doing, but it went a little overboard for me. I'm not a huge fan of end times fiction stories because I'd rather read real commentary or interpretation of scripture and feel like I'm learning something and forming/strengthening my own view.
Esther Somorai
I won this book from the author through Goodreads, first-reads. Thank you so very much.

I really liked this all inspiring, faith building, hold your breath suspense, that's meaningful, powerful, well written and keeps you reading. For some it could be a life changer. Highly Recommend.
Tami Williams
This was an amazing book. I read it in one day and then read it again the next day. I kept reading parts of the book to my Husband and he wants to read it. It really got me thinking. What is the future of the Church or who is the future of the Church? I would highly recommend it.
Anne
I great fiction wake up call based on the dream the author's wife had. Recommended
Deanna Johnson
This book. Blew. My. Mind.

With Christian sci-fi, I didn't really know what to expect, but I was not disappointed. The story line was very interesting, and had me guessing until the last few pages.
Barbara
It is a very good read and a story that should be shared. l will definitely tell all my friends to read this book.
Bizzy Day
I think it could be really good if you are a Christian but I'm not and therefore didn't enjoy this book.
Rob Johnson
A MUST read. Will have to thinking and not wanting it to end. The ending will have you wet around the eyes.
Familyhomeschoolserv
This was an awesome book! Once I stated it I couldn't pit it down. Powerful message. READ it!!
Glen
Excellent read on the possible future of religious freedom in the United States. Suspenseful.
Bonnie Schacht
got it as a freebie but really liked it. made you think that this could be our future
Margaret Fraleigh
This story was interesting. Kept my interest right to the end.
  • The Warrior
  • The Other Daughter
  • I'll Watch the Moon
  • Desires of My Heart - Devotional eBook on Psalm 37: 4
  • Exposed: A Novel
  • Living With Fred (The Fred Books, #2)