Start by marking “The Sex Life of The Gods” as Want to Read:
The Sex Life of The Gods

The Sex Life of The Gods

Janet was more than a beautiful woman. She was white heat and surging womanhood all dolled up in a body like that of a French movie star. She was as wanton as a Polynesian dancer and as demanding as a nympho. Beth Danson was about twenty-five and, besides her deep auburn-brown hair and lovely face, she boasted an equally attractive body. He found himself captivated by the ...more
Paperback
Published (first published January 1st 1962)

To ask other readers questions about The Sex Life of The Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sex Life of The Gods

Titas (Emperor)
Apr 23, 2015 Titas (Emperor) rated it did not like it
For sometime I was searching for "so-bad-that-its-good" type old school pulpy sci-fi novels and a few days ago I started this book "The Sex Life of The Gods".
description Like none of you ever read an erotica before!

But by god what an awful preposterous book! Upto 30% of the book all the 'sci' of sci-fi I got was just a character who after an accident forgot who he was. This book is so disrespectful towards women that if it was written in today's era, it would have caused a mass hysteresis among feminists.
Tim
Jan 06, 2015 Tim rated it it was amazing
1. I give it a five instead of a four because of all the non-SF buffs who just had to read this and then rate it by whatever arbitrary standards they have for other genres. It is what it is. A 50 cent SF novel from the early '60's and nothing more. It is an enjoyable (yeah, somewhat sexist) romp that caters to its fan of the day. Surprisingly, this would not be the typical female reader of 50+ years later. Go figure. Here's the deal - I don't go ripping on Chick Lit by other authors and judge it ...more
Eric
Nov 04, 2016 Eric rated it did not like it
This book is terrible
Lydia
Dec 21, 2014 Lydia rated it did not like it
"Hell, a lot of women lost their men for some reason or another, but they accustomed, they altered their lives. If a man dropped the reins, some other guy should pick them up. It was only natural." [Women=sexy, sexy mares]

"He stared moodily into the dark liquid in his coffee cup and wondered where it would all end." [Amusing in context, but part of the 21st century human experience, I suppose. I know I've done it.]

Finally read a trashy 60s sci-fi novel! Though I can't recommend the experience to
Frank
Sep 03, 2016 Frank rated it really liked it
Shelves: listened-to
This book reflects the science fiction writing of the early 1960's. The shelves of bookstores were filled with pulpy novels that were striving to get readers to choose them. A little erotica never hurt the sales.

I read this book when I was a high schooler. The cheap novellas and double novels were fodder for me. I consumed them and this was one. The characters reflect 60's society and need to be read with that in mind. This book was a slightly different take on human-alien interaction from an a
Shane
Aug 01, 2015 Shane rated it liked it
Shelves: vintage-pulp, erotica
Atmospheric, and somewhat of a surprise. The sex I mean. I just didn't expect references to sex with quite that much vigour to them. Nothing phenomenally new or wonderful here, but there is something about losing yourself in a vintage/pulp type novel.

Good, for what it is.
Debbie J
Oct 23, 2013 Debbie J rated it did not like it
Ugh, those robotic voices were more than I could take. I thought this book might be good in a campy sort of way but it's not even bad in a funny way. It's just awful.
Kohdy
Jan 07, 2014 Kohdy rated it liked it
Would have given it 4 stars but the end was too abrupt. Pretty rad story about amnesia and sexy aliens regardless.
Georlyn Dela Rama
Feb 05, 2014 Georlyn Dela Rama rated it liked it
So this was how erotica and sci-fi were written in the 60's. I must admit that I somehow enjoyed it.
Marts  (Thinker)
Aug 10, 2016 Marts (Thinker) rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, 2014-reads
This book is packed with the likes of inter-planetary travel, sex, aliens, amnesia, sex, fighting, marital affairs, more sex stuff, and a really abrupt ending...
Jim Henderson
Jim Henderson rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2016
Kelly
Jul 07, 2014 Kelly rated it did not like it
The sex scenes were non existent
Aliens in love I can buy that...But horrible writing
Kk
Kk rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2015
Joey
Joey rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2014
Jishnu Bhattacharya
Jan 26, 2015 Jishnu Bhattacharya rated it did not like it
Lol. Bewbs.
intetsteds
intetsteds rated it did not like it
Aug 03, 2016
Shabbir
Shabbir rated it it was ok
Oct 27, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Terrence Mutuswa
Terrence Mutuswa rated it did not like it
Feb 19, 2015
Gary Olson
Gary Olson rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2015
Gursheel Singh
Gursheel Singh rated it did not like it
May 25, 2015
Catie D
Catie D rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2015
Marius Visser
Marius Visser rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Don Voorhees
Don Voorhees rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Abby Lent
Abby Lent rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Gerald Creel
Gerald Creel rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2014
Joachim
Joachim rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
maureen
maureen rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Marshall
Marshall rated it it was ok
Dec 29, 2015